Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan (3464 Views)

Buhari Not Nigeria’s Messiah, There’ll Be No Biafra – Bishop Kwakpovwe / There Should Be No Sacred Cows In Anti-graft War – Dogara / Is Gen. Ibrahim B. Babangida A Sacred Cow? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan by Depointer1: 12:48am On Sep 06, 2011
PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan has vowed that his administration will not shield any corrupt person from investigation or prosecution by the anti-graft agencies in the country.

The president, who gave the assurance on Monday, at the opening ceremony of the 8th national seminar on economic crimes holding at the Training and Research Institute of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Abuja, promised that government would continue to support and encourage the EFCC and other anti-corruption agencies to confront the monster of corruption more decisively and charged them to spare no culprit regardless of his status or position.

“We will give all the necessary support and encouragement to all the anti-ccorruption agencies to vigorously enforce the enabling anti-corruption laws. I urge these agencies to do their work fairly but firmly within the ambit of the law without regard to position or status. There shall be no sacred cow. [b]This government will not protect any so-called sacred cow. [/b]The wheel of justice must run its full course in tackling anti-corruption cases.”

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/27759-corruption-therell-be-no-sacred-cow-jonathan
Re: There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan by Depointer1: 12:48am On Sep 06, 2011
Mouth Watering Jona, grin grin tongue tongue
Re: There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan by Depointer1: 12:50am On Sep 06, 2011
Talk is cheap. No action. Like Bankole is sentenced?

I feel like slap this man Jonathan!!
Re: There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan by Depointer1: 12:52am On Sep 06, 2011
According to him, [b]”I congratulate the EFCC for the results recorded so far. I urge the commission not to rest on its oars for the job ahead is daunting but surmountable. [/b]There are still huge stolen assets left unrecovered abroad in safe havens. The commission must work hard in collaboration with the office of the Attorney-General of the Federation, the designated central authority to recover and return those funds.

“Government appreciates the peculiar challenges facing anti-graft agencies. It will do everything possible within the law to facilitate the work of the agencies. At this juncture, I would like to specially congratulate the chairperson, Mrs Farida Waziri, for the tremendous achievements she has been making during this period. Billions of dollars and naira have been retrieved. You must continue with the good work and we shall continue to give you all the support.
Re: There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan by Depilot(m): 12:54am On Sep 06, 2011
I hate when people talk without thinking.
Uncle Jo, when you talk like this, what exactly do you plan to do with aunty Patient? Have you forgotten that aunty has a file with EFCC?
Oga, I beg watch your mouth before you set yourself on fire.
Re: There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan by mobf: 1:01am On Sep 06, 2011
"There shall be no sacred cow. This
government will not protect any so-called
sacred cow. The wheel of justice must run its
full course in tackling anti-corruption cases"

Yeah right.
Re: There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan by Beaf: 1:05am On Sep 06, 2011
Depilot:

I hate [/b]when people talk without thinking.
Uncle Jo, when you talk like this, what exactly do you plan to do with aunty Patient? Have you forgotten that aunty has a file with EFCC?
Oga, I beg watch your mouth before you set yourself on fire.

Sharap lying buzzard. Why not test the FOI Act 2011? All information is now at your fingertips, not in some hallowed vault as used to be in the past when your vulture lords reigned supreme; [b]use it if you aren't a liar
. Your squalid rumour mongering type gave up long ago, but here you are still persisting with disgracefully fetid lies.
Dude, there is now a law that guarantees FREEDOM OF INFORMATION; but I guess it is the nemesis of beer parlour rumour weavers of your type.

What you really hate is progress. It bites your type like the worst poison.

Fresh Air!!! cool
Re: There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan by Depilot(m): 1:21am On Sep 06, 2011
Beaf: No sweat, we will see what happens in the next 2 months.
I will support our president as soon as I see improvements and a sincere fight against corruption.
Re: There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan by JamesDoe: 7:39am On Sep 06, 2011
FOI Act doesn't mean that all info would be provided just like that,

If you like ask tire, if I classify even a blank sheet of paper as national security then no expose' . And the criteria for classifying a document as national security is quite subjective.
Re: There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan by TenKobo1: 7:46am On Sep 06, 2011
Can't this man just shut up and stop embarrassing himself with empty speeches that he knows too well he cannot match with action. We are not even asking for sacred cows anymore Jonathan, just put a sacred chicken in jail for looting state money, at least for a start before you start bleating about cows.
Re: There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan by Nobody: 7:49am On Sep 06, 2011
Beaf:

Sharap lying buzzard. Why not test the FOI Act 2011? All information is now at your fingertips, not in some hallowed vault as used to be in the past when your vulture lords reigned supreme; use it if you aren't a liar. Your squalid rumour mongering type gave up long ago, but here you are still persisting with disgracefully fetid lies.
Dude, there is now a law that guarantees FREEDOM OF INFORMATION; but I guess it is the nemesis of beer parlour rumour weavers of your type.

What you really hate is progress. It bites your type like the worst poison.

Fresh Air!!! cool

lmao,

King of the 'nairaland' beer parlour
Re: There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 06, 2011
seems cows are no longer corrupt, what we now have are sacred TORTOISES
Re: There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan by Yeske2(m): 7:57am On Sep 06, 2011
Who would forget in a hurry the 'Heads would roll' speech by ex-speaker Dimeji Bankole and what happened to his own head. GEJ should stop all these rhetorics- we've seen and heard it all and get back to work. If he's that serious on corruption, he could help by bringing one of the pending high profile cases to see the light of day and helping madam Okonjo with her big three cases that the EFCC and ICPC 'know nothing about'.
Re: There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan by Nobody: 8:02am On Sep 06, 2011
Will jonathan allow patience his wife to stand trial for the money laundering charges against her ?
Re: There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan by Demdem(m): 8:03am On Sep 06, 2011
Foolish Talk from Jonathan. Declare ur assets first and lets know watsup with that by comparing it with what u had before. Simply fooling himself.
Re: There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan by Akainzo(m): 9:09am On Sep 06, 2011
Someone should remind Jona that when one reads the list of people indicted for the SIEMENS bribery scandal, one name would correlate with a current Minister's own.

Was he sleeping when he appointed his Minister of Defense?
Re: There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan by nagoma(m): 9:14am On Sep 06, 2011
I learn a lot on NL. Pls educate me;

why has GEJ refused to declare his assets? Is he planning to amass wealth illegally? only asking.
Re: There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan by executinal(m): 9:32am On Sep 06, 2011
Depointer1:

According to him, ”I congratulate the EFCC for the results recorded so far. I urge the commission not to rest on its oars for the job ahead is daunting but surmountable. [/b]There are still huge stolen assets left unrecovered abroad in safe havens. The commission must work hard in collaboration with the office of the Attorney-General of the Federation, the designated central authority to recover and return those funds.

“Government appreciates the peculiar challenges facing anti-graft agencies. It will do everything possible within the law to facilitate the work of the agencies. At this juncture, [b]I would like to specially congratulate the chairperson, Mrs Farida Waziri, for the tremendous achievements she has been making during this period. Billions of dollars and naira have been retrieved
. You must continue with the good work and we shall continue to give you all the support.
After retrieving the billions of dollars and Naira, what happens to the money? another group of people in same position will equally loot. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan by lillyveezy: 9:34am On Sep 06, 2011
According to him, ”I congratulate the EFCC for the results recorded so far. I urge the commission not to rest on its oars for the job ahead is daunting but surmountable. There are still huge stolen assets left unrecovered abroad in safe havens. The commission must work hard in collaboration with the office of the Attorney-General of the Federation, the designated central authority to recover and return those funds.

IS THE PRESENT ACHIEVEMENT OR PAST? AS FAR AS AM CONCERNED THERE ARE NO PRESENT ACHIEVEMENTS SO FAR UNDER HIS ADMINISTRATION.
Re: There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan by splitnaija(m): 9:35am On Sep 06, 2011
GEJ pls act and stop all these words that are not backed with actions. It's like a dog barking without biting
Re: There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan by konkolok: 9:59am On Sep 06, 2011
Na true oh bro Jona, there will be no sacred cows because these ones don big pass elephant sef.
Re: There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan by peleson: 10:50am On Sep 06, 2011
@Bluetooth, what are even saying?does immunity cover patience jonathan too?you brainless man, what file are you talking about?if EFFCC has it, why then will they wait ? believe in rumour than the real thing, Nigeria is changing, believe it or not.BIG JO will deliver fulltime,
Re: There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan by peleson: 10:50am On Sep 06, 2011
you*
Re: There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan by Remii(m): 11:06am On Sep 06, 2011
splitnaija:

GEJ pls act and stop all these words that are not backed with actions. It's like a dog barking without biting

How can he stop what his mentors, Godfathers and predecessors from did and they are still in power, how can you stop a winning way. Just don't entrust your live in them, don't plan your kids education on their promises, because they don't trust themselves either. They are just talk na talk not talk na do
Re: There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan by kholis(m): 11:07am On Sep 06, 2011
It has summed up to sheer madness for a man to consistently and shamelessly open his mouth in the public and reel out empty words with the impression that he has been addressing fools. Who taught this man that leadership in Nigeria is all about mastering the art of promises, assurances and re-assurances? These days, It hurts to hear him make public addresses.
Re: There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan by bossinie: 11:07am On Sep 06, 2011
No 'sacred cows' And same cows graze on their farms and domains. grin Maybe no 'sacred cows' outside the ones they already protect,no more vacancy for new 'sacred cows'.Too much talk and no action makes Mr. Jonathan sound like a 'broken-tape'.Until we see action,it is just another political talk with no bite.
Re: There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan by blacksta(m): 11:09am On Sep 06, 2011
Being a talkative is an under statement.  If only Promises could be build roads, provide feasible healthcare and 24hr electricity.  Jona is one big let down.   Mr I have no shoes.
Re: There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan by KnowAll(m): 11:24am On Sep 06, 2011
[b]The bottom-line is there should be zero tolerance on corruption, whether you steal N20,000.00 Naira or N10 Billion Naira,  the culprit should be arrested, convicted and jailed. By the time we get rid of the small thieves amongst us, many would be thieves would think twice b4 dipping their filthy hands into government coffers, one can be assured that there would not be too many big thieves left after a cull of the small timers.

People like James Ibori, credit card fraudster in the early 90’s later became a big thief stealing in multiple billions, same goes with Tinubu, small time drug dealer who forfeited close to £400,000.00 dollars to the law enforcement officers in the US is now seen as the messiah of the Yoruba’s.

And of course the new scammer on the block, the Lagos State Speaker, small time credit card fraudster, womanizer, liar, embroiled in a N7 Billion fraud. These kind of guys should have been exposed and the electorates well informed of their demeanours b4 elections, so if the electorates still want to vote for them, then the choice is theirs, after all if cases of theft or misdemeanours in office suffice in later years nobody would be held responsible.[/b]
Re: There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan by COMPAQ(m): 11:39am On Sep 06, 2011
Story!!! Everyone in government is already a sacred cow, not to mention the thousands outside of government that have government protection.
Re: There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan by odomanis: 12:08pm On Sep 06, 2011
Some of you criticise without reasoning. May I remind you that we have 3 arms of government,the Executive,the legislature and the Judiciary.
The legislature has made the law which Bankole is alleged to have fallen victim of, the executive has arrested him,investigated him and charged him to court. It is now left for the Judiciary to judge him and if found guilty send him to jail. How can you still be blaiming Jonathan( Executive) for not sentencing bankole? Is he the Judiciary? You people need to study and understand any issue before you begin to comment on them else ,foreighners may think Nigerians are dafts. PLEASE !!
Re: There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan by Johnpaul2k2(m): 12:10pm On Sep 06, 2011
cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan by Beaf: 12:19pm On Sep 06, 2011
odomanis:

Some of you criticise without reasoning. May I remind you that we have 3 arms of government,the Executive,the legislature and the Judiciary.
The legislature has made the law which Bankole is alleged to have fallen victim of, the executive has arrested him,investigated him and charged him to court. It is now left for the Judiciary to judge him and if found guilty send him to jail. How can you still be blaiming Jonathan( Executive) for not sentencing bankole? Is he the Judiciary? You people need to study and understand any issue before you begin to comment on them else ,foreighners may think Nigerians are dafts. PLEASE !!

You will find that 90% of those that make disparaging comments are doing it out of ignorance; the other 10% are trying to manipulate opinion (thats why its always the very same people).

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fresh Bomb Blast In Yobe! / 94% Of Nigerians Distrust Government- Poll / Mammoth Crowd At Aregbesola Re-election Campaign (photo News)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.