Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

How Do I Quit Smoking - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do I Quit Smoking (771 Views)

How Can I Quit Smoking Cigarettes? / Mentally Challenged Man Smoking Weed By Roadside In Ibadan (Photos) / 4 Facts That Might Make You Quit Swimming In Public Pools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Quit Smoking by BigSarah(f): 4:24pm On Jan 17, 2023
I'm not a regular smoker or chain smoker, but during harmattan I always have the strong urge to smoke.
At least 1 pack a day, from Dec 26th till February, this has been my routine for 3 years now..
I don't smoke any other time of the year, is this normal, and how much risk am I putting myself through.

PS: my mouth is healthy tho, always hydrate.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Quit Smoking by Raymond0008(m): 4:25pm On Jan 17, 2023
Exercise.
Re: How Do I Quit Smoking by BigSarah(f): 4:32pm On Jan 17, 2023
Raymond0008:
Exercise.

I can barely breath, with the harmattan.

Too lazy and weak for exercise
Re: How Do I Quit Smoking by Jeon(f): 4:32pm On Jan 17, 2023
By smoking 7000 stick of cigarettes.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Quit Smoking by JasonScoolari: 4:36pm On Jan 17, 2023
It takes the Grace of God oh...

I was a notorious Coca-Cola addict, I can guzzling 4 big size of coke in 20mins, but when the woman selling it for me insulted me by throwing the money at my face, saying I consume too much coke like a hopeless bricklayer, She gave me one big watermelon for free.... I went home that day feeling sad.

That was when the shackles holding me with coke was broken.

It's either I get Predator Energy Drink or Chi Exotic.

God will help you overcome it.

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Quit Smoking by gaby(m): 4:57pm On Jan 17, 2023
Determination. It's a tough addiction to arrest though.

We try popsicle vapes 0% nicotine, fall back to 3% clear nicotine, and then back to 5% clear nico

Na small small sha
Re: How Do I Quit Smoking by JasonScoolari: 5:09pm On Jan 17, 2023
BigSarah:
I'm not a regular smoker or chain smoker, but during harmattan I always have the strong urge to smoke.
At least 1 pack a day, from Dec 26th till February, this has been my routine for 3 years now..
I don't smoke any other time of the year, is this normal, and how much risk am I putting myself through.

I just realized you're supporting Atiku... They're all nasty smokers.

If only you channel your support to Peter Obi, you won't be battling such addiction.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Quit Smoking by BigSarah(f): 5:12pm On Jan 17, 2023
Jeon:
By smoking 7000 stick of cigarettes.

I'm sure I've smoked over 7k sticks
Re: How Do I Quit Smoking by BigSarah(f): 5:13pm On Jan 17, 2023
JasonScoolari:

I was a notorious Coca-Cola addict, I can guzzling 4 big size of coke in 20mins, but when the woman selling it for me insulted me by throwing the money at my face, saying I come too much coke like a hopeless bricklayer, She gave me one big watermelon for free.... I went home that day feeling sad.

Funny enough I was addicted to cola too, and watermelon was my substitute, haven't had coke in almost four years, my dad's diabetes scared me away tho
Re: How Do I Quit Smoking by BigSarah(f): 5:15pm On Jan 17, 2023
gaby:
Determination. It's a tough addiction to arrest though.

We try popsicle vapes 0% nicotine, fall back to 3% clear nicotine, and then back to 5% clear nico

Na small small sha

No I think it's the heating up and mental distraction of the smoke that draws me towards cigars I think.

Not the thrill of nicotine, pseudoephridrine Is my jam tho.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Quit Smoking by BigSarah(f): 5:17pm On Jan 17, 2023
JasonScoolari:
I just realized you're supporting Atiku... They're all nasty smokers.

If only you channel your support to Peter Obi, you won't be battling such addiction.

Lol I supported Obi, but he didn't garner momentum, can't have APC in power again..

My uncle supports Obi and he smokes everyday I think
Re: How Do I Quit Smoking by JasonScoolari: 5:21pm On Jan 17, 2023
BigSarah:

Lol I supported Obi, but he didn't garner momentum, can't have APC in power again..

My uncle supports Obi and he smokes everyday I think
You better go back and support Obi again so I can intercede on your behalf.
Re: How Do I Quit Smoking by gaby(m): 5:36pm On Jan 17, 2023
BigSarah:

No I think it's the heating up and mental distraction of the smoke that draws me towards cigars I think.

Not the thrill of nicotine, pseudoephridrine Is my jam tho.

Oh, I see.
Re: How Do I Quit Smoking by iHateFraudsters: 6:01pm On Jan 17, 2023
You will get tired of it.

DON'T try to just STOP, if you do you will see a barrage of temptations.
Re: How Do I Quit Smoking by BigSarah(f): 6:55pm On Jan 17, 2023
iHateFraudsters:

I'm on my 3rd pack today

1 Like

Re: How Do I Quit Smoking by Autobot05: 7:46pm On Jan 17, 2023
Make the decision
Pray to God

wink
Re: How Do I Quit Smoking by BigSarah(f): 8:13pm On Jan 17, 2023
Autobot05:
Make the decision
Pray to God

wink

Not religious

1 Like

Re: How Do I Quit Smoking by Prayfortheworld: 10:47pm On Jan 17, 2023
BigSarah:

I'm on my 3rd pack today
You can't be serious
Re: How Do I Quit Smoking by efewizey(m): 2:11pm On Jan 21, 2023
5th day without smoking. Tough but loving it
Re: How Do I Quit Smoking by Nwaotu10(m): 8:28pm On Jan 21, 2023
JasonScoolari:

I was a notorious Coca-Cola addict, I can guzzling 4 big size of coke in 20mins, but when the woman selling it for me insulted me by throwing the money at my face, saying I consume too much coke like a hopeless bricklayer, She gave me one big watermelon for free.... I went home that day feeling sad.

This comment really got me cracked up. grin
Forgive my manners.
Re: How Do I Quit Smoking by Angrygoat: 11:22pm On Jan 21, 2023
Well I didn't smoke for a week. Only today. Had 4 sticks . Tmrw would take a break,ext trw same thing . I no Ongar do loud,I do az only and I wrap 3 days.but yours is dangerous . 3pavks a day. So as u are quenching one,you dwy light the other. Nawa o. Can u smoke inside bank
Re: How Do I Quit Smoking by Sailconservice: 10:18am On Jan 25, 2023
It is not easy to quit smoking. After all, there are countless smokers around the world who have tried and failed to quit this habit at least once. Once you have taken your first puff, there is no turning back. Some are addicted to the nicotine in the cigarettes while others have taken to the mechanical motions of lifting and putting the cancer stick into ther mouths. If you are a smoker, you will understand how lifeless you feel when you haven’t been able to satisfy your craving for a cigarette, but do you know the exact reason why this happens?
Get help today.

For more information send "Quit Smoking Today" via WhatsApp to this WhatsApp number.
Re: How Do I Quit Smoking by DyshApp: 7:50pm On Jan 25, 2023
Consider Nicotine Replacement Therapy

When you stop smoking, nicotine withdrawal may give you headaches, affect your mood, or sap your energy. The craving for "just one drag" is tough. Nicotine replacement therapy can curb these urges. Studies show that nicotine gum, lozenges, and patches improve your chances of success when you're also in a quit-smoking program.

There are other methods as well that are available on the Dysh app if you're interested here the link https://instagram.com/dyshmedia?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

1 Like

Re: How Do I Quit Smoking by hardbody: 1:32pm On Feb 27, 2023
iHateFraudsters:

I agree.

I started smoking since before Uni. Years after graduation and in key employments I continued to smoke until I just told myself someday, guy you gotta stop this. Guess what?, I pulled out my pack from inside the car, rumpled it and threw it away, till today. I used to buy cigs in rolls. I still drink and sit among friends who smoke. I used to be their plug way back, but no more.
Re: How Do I Quit Smoking by Salvation2: 1:34pm On Feb 27, 2023
BigSarah:

Hi BigSarah, I can talk u into quitting if u want. But be prepared to hear a little of religion from time to time.
Re: How Do I Quit Smoking by Adrian9(m): 12:12pm On Feb 28, 2023
It may sound very difficult, but if you quit associating with people who smoke, it will go a very long way in helping you overcome your addiction. Replacing one habit with a better one is another helpful alternative. Do it for the sake of your health my dear friend. You have my best wishes!✌️
Re: How Do I Quit Smoking by akinjideace(m): 1:55am On Aug 14, 2023
BigSarah:

Take care of your health, you can also replace the habit.

(1) (Reply)

Medical Recruiting Agency Seeking Candidates For Employment / Beautiful Skin Revealed / Anyone Tried Great Exercises?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.