Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site (29157 Views)

Anna Makanju: Nigerian Working At OpenAI (Photos) / Man Dies In Enugu As Foundation At A Construction Site Collapses On Him (Graphic / Pregnant Lady Fetches Water For A Living At A Construction Site In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by FuckDModz: 5:07pm On Jan 17, 2023
HeRulesMen:

bc1q939jjukdtwgewnrzlpzr3sd6hv26q563k8cnm8

Which crypto?
Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by Ruthless70: 5:07pm On Jan 17, 2023
HeRulesMen:
I don't know if this is the right section to post this, if not, mod please take it to the right section.

My online brothers and sisters, help me thank God for preserving my life as I almost left this wicked world last Friday, 13th January, 2023. 13th January has become a day I will never forget in life. Since I graduated from the university, I am yet to get a job that is well-deserving of my status. I'm not talking about big jobs with heavy remuneration (not as though I won't grab it if I see one of such) but just something to earn a living from. The last salaried job I did was a contract job which lasted only 6 months. Since then, despite my efforts, applying to every nook and cranny to land a job, I have been unlucky. However, I still keep hope alive.

However, it makes me think Nigeria really need to redefine and re-axamine the value of education in the country and what it stands for. Does it stand for nation building or for frustration? That is something for another day BTW.

Back to the topic, so with a woman and two kids to take care of, I had to go do labourer job at a construction site to earn something. That Friday was my second day in the place. I never thought it would end in disaster but I thank God that even after falling from such a distance, I didn't die, neither the mason man that was on the scaffold.

The thing is that I was carrying mortar and blocks to the mason, climbing using ladder. You know this local scaffold builders use. That thing they nailed together as V 'abi' L, place them on the wall and put planks on top to stand on. I don't know what happened that the blocks put at one end to weigh its balance failed while I was already up there. Long story short, everything collapsed and that was how we landed on the ground from the finishing end of the building. It should be a distance of 12 feet or more.

What worsened the case was the mason. As the scaffold collapsed, he immediately and unconsciously grabbed the newly laid blocks in safety attempt, not remembering he just laid those blocks. You know that kind thing. Landing on ground, that was how those blocks came upon us in their number like some sort of blast. To top it all, I didn't earn a penny that day. The man is even blaming us for the collapse.

I sustained injuries but my waist especially seems to have dislocated as a result of hitting it on ground while landin. I have been feeling sharp pains from the inside since then.

Since that Friday, I have been down physically and psychologically. As I am reflecting on it today, I decided to write it down.

No matter how it has affected me, physically, psychologically, economically and health-wise, I still thank God for sparing my life and I want you to join me in thanking him.

Thank you for reading also.

The place that got me was, V or L, it's usually called L. I'm a mason I know that L nailed on the wall is part of million ways to die.....

Guy both labour n Mason is the most deadliest job one can do

It exerts enegy the safety is not guaranteed...

So sorry my brother, have passed that staged though, sincerely not that things r better but, I DNT even have the energy like when I was young, I'm a graduate also from one of the best naija varsity.... When nature did not shine luck on you, what will u do.

Infact I really know how u feel.. you will overcome it Ijn

16 Likes

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by MrDetermined: 5:08pm On Jan 17, 2023
It must have been difficult for you, a woman doing labourer.

Thanks goodness you're fine.
Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by HeRulesMen: 5:08pm On Jan 17, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Damn sorry op. You really write so well. Have you considered taking up a career that involves writing. I know it will not pay much but at least I am sure it will pay better than the bricklaying job

Can you put me through please?
Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by waice6571: 5:08pm On Jan 17, 2023
NLPoliceWoman:

Seun Mynd44 Dominique justwise.
Rule 8.
Rule 2.
Rule 1.

Oga relax your nerves and stop quoting innocent people all about. Everyone that voted for APC brought untold hardship to the land.

How much was a bag of rice before APC came to power and how much is it in the market today.

Let us join hands together and send this evil people away.... Suffer head no dey tire you ni?

10 Likes

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by bambuzz88: 5:10pm On Jan 17, 2023
HeRulesMen:
I don't know if this is the right section to post this, if not, mod please take it to the right section.

My online brothers and sisters, help me thank God for preserving my life as I almost left this wicked world last Friday, 13th January, 2023. 13th January has become a day I will never forget in life. Since I graduated from the university, I am yet to get a job that is well-deserving of my status. I'm not talking about big jobs with heavy remuneration (not as though I won't grab it if I see one of such) but just something to earn a living from. The last salaried job I did was a contract job which lasted only 6 months. Since then, despite my efforts, applying to every nook and cranny to land a job, I have been unlucky. However, I still keep hope alive.

However, it makes me think Nigeria really need to redefine and re-axamine the value of education in the country and what it stands for. Does it stand for nation building or for frustration? That is something for another day BTW.

Back to the topic, so with a woman and two kids to take care of, I had to go do labourer job at a construction site to earn something. That Friday was my second day in the place. I never thought it would end in disaster but I thank God that even after falling from such a distance, I didn't die, neither the mason man that was on the scaffold.

The thing is that I was carrying mortar and blocks to the mason, climbing using ladder. You know this local scaffold builders use. That thing they nailed together as V 'abi' L, place them on the wall and put planks on top to stand on. I don't know what happened that the blocks put at one end to weigh its balance failed while I was already up there. Long story short, everything collapsed and that was how we landed on the ground from the finishing end of the building. It should be a distance of 12 feet or more.

What worsened the case was the mason. As the scaffold collapsed, he immediately and unconsciously grabbed the newly laid blocks in safety attempt, not remembering he just laid those blocks. You know that kind thing. Landing on ground, that was how those blocks came upon us in their number like some sort of blast. To top it all, I didn't earn a penny that day. The man is even blaming us for the collapse.

I sustained injuries but my waist especially seems to have dislocated as a result of hitting it on ground while landin. I have been feeling sharp pains from the inside since then.

Since that Friday, I have been down physically and psychologically. As I am reflecting on it today, I decided to write it down.

No matter how it has affected me, physically, psychologically, economically and health-wise, I still thank God for sparing my life and I want you to join me in thanking him.

Please still get a medic to check if
any internal bleeding, its important as it doesn't show

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by okine4real: 5:10pm On Jan 17, 2023
guy put your details now make i find you 5k make you take drink pepper soup... My heart just say make i give you something. E nor easy for guys for the country. Thank God you Alive. If like say you be my worker, i for jut=st dey fear, because some people go say i done use you done ritual.... guy send your details abeg i understand your plight.

26 Likes

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by HeRulesMen: 5:10pm On Jan 17, 2023
Ruthless70:

The place that got me was, V or L, it's usually called L. I'm a mason I know that L nailed on the wall is part of million ways to die.....

Guy both labour n Mason is the most deadliest job one can do

It exerts enegy the safety is not guaranteed...

So sorry my brother, have passed that staged though, sincerely not that things r better but, I DNT even have the energy like when I was young, I'm a graduate also from one of the best naija varsity.... When nature did not shine luck on you, what will u do.

Infact I really know how u feel.. you will overcome it Ijn

Amen. Thanks

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:11pm On Jan 17, 2023
HeRulesMen:

Can you put me through please?

You can apply to be a content writer for companies and at least start from there. The money isn't much but you will earn better than your bricklaying job.

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by Guava: 5:12pm On Jan 17, 2023
Please go to the hospital for check up ooo. Make e no be say something don shift or you're bleeding internally and you don't know. Very important coz of the height you fell from abeg.
May God continue to preserve us
Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by HeRulesMen: 5:12pm On Jan 17, 2023
okine4real:
guy put your details now make i find you 5k make you take drink pepper soup... My heart just say make i give you something. E nor easy for guys for the country. Thank God you Alive. If like say you be my worker, i for jut=st dey fear, because some people go say i done use you done ritual.... guy send your details abeg i understand your plight.

I will appreciate a lot please.

Bartho Samson
0221 610773
Gtbank

6 Likes

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by femijay8271(m): 5:16pm On Jan 17, 2023
HeRulesMen:

I really thank God Almighty for ur life.

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by HeRulesMen: 5:18pm On Jan 17, 2023
FuckDModz:

Which crypto?

Bitcoin

5 Likes

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by azeezboi(m): 5:18pm On Jan 17, 2023
Sorry bro and may God heal you
Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by Rilwayne001: 5:19pm On Jan 17, 2023
HeRulesMen:

I will appreciate and be very thankful.

Bartho Samson
02216 10773
Gtbank

Sent you something, even though it’s so small. But I really feel for you. May God open ways for you and your family.

embarassed

18 Likes

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by TWOWAYMIRROR: 5:19pm On Jan 17, 2023
I know you will be supporting Tinubu/APC despite the sorry state of your life. Meanwhile, why did you go to marry when you have no job or means of livelihood? Why? You even brought fort two innocent homosapiens to come and suffer in this country. Anyway shaa show me your PVC and your preferred candidate let me bless you with urgent ₦5000

7 Likes

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by WantsandMore: 5:20pm On Jan 17, 2023
HeRulesMen:

Sorry Man.

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by MondayOsunbor(m): 5:22pm On Jan 17, 2023
HeRulesMen:

oga sorry he who lives to work another day

Nigeria is a giant prison yard

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by HeRulesMen: 5:24pm On Jan 17, 2023
FuckDModz:

Which crypto?

It's bitcoin account.

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by yetunsbay(m): 5:25pm On Jan 17, 2023
Perfectnumber6:

Thank God for your life bro ... But i hope you did not vote for Buhari and planning to vote.for either Tinubu or Atiku? Just a question oo
ur close remark is ultra vire to subject matter

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by Omobola121(f): 5:26pm On Jan 17, 2023
Chai!! this one touch me oo. See hustle for this new year. Some days ago i was lamenting and really sad for loosing 272k to paypal. Now see someone that narrowly escaped loosing his life.

Sir, you won’t die young. And you see that house, that cars, that vacation and everything you desire shall come to you.

Please visit hospital and run some checks to avoid another wahala.

Please quote me with your acct details sir.

22 Likes

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by Osesbrainwave(m): 5:27pm On Jan 17, 2023
Ontop say you wan give am 5k, if u wan help help or get out and get lost. This your comment is insensitive and very unnecessary. fvk out
TWOWAYMIRROR:
I know you will be supporting Tinubu/APC despite the sorry state of your life. Meanwhile, why did you go to marry when you have no job or means of livelihood? Why? You even brought fort two innocent homosapiens to come and suffer in this country. Anyway shaa show me your PVC and your preferred candidate let me bless you with urgent ₦5000

19 Likes

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by Gokoyer0(m): 5:27pm On Jan 17, 2023
Why can't you put your qualifications and location out here may be you can get something less laborious?
HeRulesMen:

4 Likes

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by zedman1(m): 5:29pm On Jan 17, 2023
BigDolph:
You will live and will never die. Amen
Add 'now' or ' young' at the end of your statement bro. EVERYBODY's gonna die someday.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by Shinor(m): 5:31pm On Jan 17, 2023
HeRulesMen:

What is your account number? I have seen it. Done. Manage it.

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by FuckDModz: 5:34pm On Jan 17, 2023
HeRulesMen:

It's bitcoin account.

Let me know when you receive it.

6 Likes

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by madapcmod: 5:36pm On Jan 17, 2023
Sorry Bro.

If you voted APC and planning to vote Thieeeefnubu or Athiefkku next month, I hereby withdraw my sympathy for you.

How can a graduate and a father with family be passing through this kind of traumatic experience and people are planning to vote a worse disaster than the present?

Kindly drop your account for some token to go check yourself medically

6 Likes

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by Generalwoodz(m): 5:36pm On Jan 17, 2023
Omobola121:
Chai!! this one touch me oo. See hustle for this new year. Some days ago i was lamenting and really sad for loosing 272k to paypal. Now see someone that narrowly escaped loosing his life.

Sir, you won’t die young. And you see that house, that cars, that vacation and everything you desire shall come to you.

Please visit hospital and run some checks to avoid another wahala.

Drop your acct details sir.

Sorry oo. Kpele

How you take loose such huge funds? Is your breathe normal? Sha Elon musk lost $200 B and he's still tweeting like it's nothing.
Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by AndroidAI(m): 5:36pm On Jan 17, 2023
ccollins:
This is a heart touching story cry cry anyone who has money should please assist the op out of kindness as it’s hurting to hear this

Lol. What of the one in your bank account? Is that one not money?
Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by Poshioke(m): 5:36pm On Jan 17, 2023
Brother thank God for protecting your life and your colleague, and the man you guys work for is a very wicked person, speaking as a scaffolder engineer, not the local one that you guys use, the cause of the fall is as a result of overload on the working platform from your narration,pls everyone should be careful when working at height and always check the workload of every working platform.

4 Likes

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by Illegal1(m): 5:37pm On Jan 17, 2023
Jm
Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by Generalwoodz(m): 5:38pm On Jan 17, 2023
madapcmod:
Sorry Bro.

If you voted APC and planning to vote Thieeeefnubu or Athiefkku next month, I hereby withdraw my sympathy for you.

How can a graduate and a father with family be passing through this kind of traumatic experience and people are planning to vote a worse disaster than the present?

Kindly drop your account for some token to go check yourself medically

Bro, meself na labour I go vote. Abegi, you fit reason me like 2k or ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

5 Ways To Know It's Time To Quit Your Job / Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? / 230k Job In Nigeria Or DAAD Scholarship In Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.