Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,362 members, 7,808,261 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site (29167 Views)

Anna Makanju: Nigerian Working At OpenAI (Photos) / Man Dies In Enugu As Foundation At A Construction Site Collapses On Him (Graphic / Pregnant Lady Fetches Water For A Living At A Construction Site In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by kroger: 5:39pm On Jan 17, 2023
HeRulesMen:
I don't know if this is the right section to post this, if not, mod please take it to the right section.

My online brothers and sisters, help me thank God for preserving my life as I almost left this wicked world last Friday, 13th January, 2023. 13th January has become a day I will never forget in life. Since I graduated from the university, I am yet to get a job that is well-deserving of my status. I'm not talking about big jobs with heavy remuneration (not as though I won't grab it if I see one of such) but just something to earn a living from. The last salaried job I did was a contract job which lasted only 6 months. Since then, despite my efforts, applying to every nook and cranny to land a job, I have been unlucky. However, I still keep hope alive.

However, it makes me think Nigeria really need to redefine and re-axamine the value of education in the country and what it stands for. Does it stand for nation building or for frustration? That is something for another day BTW.

Back to the topic, so with a woman and two kids to take care of, I had to go do labourer job at a construction site to earn something. That Friday was my second day in the place. I never thought it would end in disaster but I thank God that even after falling from such a distance, I didn't die, neither the mason man that was on the scaffold.

The thing is that I was carrying mortar and blocks to the mason, climbing using ladder. You know this local scaffold builders use. That thing they nailed together as V 'abi' L, place them on the wall and put planks on top to stand on. I don't know what happened that the blocks put at one end to weigh its balance failed while I was already up there. Long story short, everything collapsed and that was how we landed on the ground from the finishing end of the building. It should be a distance of 12 feet or more.

What worsened the case was the mason. As the scaffold collapsed, he immediately and unconsciously grabbed the newly laid blocks in safety attempt, not remembering he just laid those blocks. You know that kind thing. Landing on ground, that was how those blocks came upon us in their number like some sort of blast. To top it all, I didn't earn a penny that day. The man is even blaming us for the collapse.

I sustained injuries but my waist especially seems to have dislocated as a result of hitting it on ground while landin. I have been feeling sharp pains from the inside since then.

Since that Friday, I have been down physically and psychologically. As I am reflecting on it today, I decided to write it down.

No matter how it has affected me, physically, psychologically, economically and health-wise, I still thank God for sparing my life and I want you to join me in thanking him.

Thank you for reading also.

May God preserve you amd soonest you will land a better job. Send me your Aza.

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by Neddstark: 5:39pm On Jan 17, 2023
It is good to confirm the person before showing charity. Scammers don cashout well over fabricated stories.

8 Likes

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by HeRulesMen: 5:39pm On Jan 17, 2023
Ruthless70:

The place that got me was, V or L, it's usually called L. I'm a mason I know that L nailed on the wall is part of million ways to die.....

Guy both labour n Mason is the most deadliest job one can do

It exerts enegy the safety is not guaranteed...

So sorry my brother, have passed that staged though, sincerely not that things r better but, I DNT even have the energy like when I was young, I'm a graduate also from one of the best naija varsity.... When nature did not shine luck on you, what will u do.

Infact I really know how u feel.. you will overcome it Ijn

Thank you for your words. It is not easy. Na money man go find but death wan come show himself there.

3 Likes

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by HeRulesMen: 5:40pm On Jan 17, 2023
kroger:

I'm Samson by name.

Bartho Samson
0221 610773
Gtbank

Thank you for your concern.

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by Ameoba300: 5:41pm On Jan 17, 2023
May This be the lowest you'll ever be in life.

Join @harvesters prayers if you can let's enjoy 2023 together

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by AndroidAI(m): 5:41pm On Jan 17, 2023
FuckDModz:

Send crypto account number for obvious reasons.

If you are not ready to help him just keep quiet. As if it's everyone that has a crypto wallet sad

2 Likes

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by Generalwoodz(m): 5:42pm On Jan 17, 2023
AndroidAI:

Lol. What of the one in your bank account? Is that one not money?

What of the one in yours? He doesn't have and he would if he did.

I have done that kind of work. You put your life on the line for some shitty pay after prolonged hours under scorching sun.

I would've sent him some if I had . Aswear

Peace bro

2 Likes

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by Generalwoodz(m): 5:45pm On Jan 17, 2023
kroger:

Kroger baba, I could use 2k abegi. It hasn't been cozy for me these past few days. God bless. I could share nmy own story
Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by Barims(m): 5:45pm On Jan 17, 2023
Thanking a fairytale for watching and letting you almost fall to your death stupidness or what

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by FuckDModz: 5:47pm On Jan 17, 2023
AndroidAI:

If you are not ready to help him just keep quiet. As if it's everyone that has a crypto wallet sad

Mugu.
I've sent funds to him already.

Send yours or keep quiet.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by Perfectnumber6(m): 5:53pm On Jan 17, 2023
yetunsbay:
ur close remark is ultra vire to subject matter

All these Yeribanza Muslims sef .. una Sabi talk anyhow like Donald Trump en.
Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by Perfectnumber6(m): 5:54pm On Jan 17, 2023
alimiadedayo1:
pls face the reality and stop acting like a clown which you are... so you expect to vote Peter obi before

Yoruba miscreant Muslim spotted ...
Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by AndroidAI(m): 5:55pm On Jan 17, 2023
FuckDModz:

Mugu.
I've sent funds to him already.

Send yours or keep quiet.

Audio funds!! cry

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by Generalwoodz(m): 5:56pm On Jan 17, 2023
okine4real:
guy put your details now make i find you 5k make you take drink pepper soup... My heart just say make i give you something. E nor easy for guys for the country. Thank God you Alive. If like say you be my worker, i for jut=st dey fear, because some people go say i done use you done ritual.... guy send your details abeg i understand your plight.

If my own matter touch fit touch you abegi, you fit send me 2k ? A nairalander sent me 2k on Friday. I bought full basin of sweet potatoes, one mudu garri, one cup of sugar, one mudu beans, and kuli kuli 100. Not forgetting onions.

Today's Tuesday, and the garri and his comrades are exhausted. I've been feeding on Only white potatoes, and honestly I love it the way monkey love bananas.

But bro, I wanna to buy red oil and pepper, with vegetables so I could have some tasty and healthy food once again. And maybe rice to complement the beans.

I've tried selling my fb account to no avail. I could back this up with pictures of the ugly looking southern Kaduna potatoes scattered in the floor of my room.

5 Likes

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by jevic(m): 5:57pm On Jan 17, 2023
Thank God for keeping you alive.

Sorry
Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by FuckDModz: 5:57pm On Jan 17, 2023

3 Likes

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by superCleanworks(m): 6:01pm On Jan 17, 2023
HeRulesMen:

No matter how it has affected me, physically, psychologically, economically and health-wise, I still thank God for sparing my life and I want you to join me in thanking him.

brother let me laugh at this story now.
do not be offended because you will remember all this in a short time from now and you will laugh like a mad person too.
By the power of God, you will laugh.

2 Likes

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by AskingBoard: 6:02pm On Jan 17, 2023
Omobola121:
Chai!! this one touch me oo. See hustle for this new year. Some days ago i was lamenting and really sad for loosing 272k to paypal. Now see someone that narrowly escaped loosing his life.

Sir, you won’t die young. And you see that house, that cars, that vacation and everything you desire shall come to you.

Please visit hospital and run some checks to avoid another wahala.

Please quote me with your acct details sir.
Lost over 200k to PayPal keh.
Send me a dm and let's see how we can get the fund back.

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by ZINNYBANKS: 6:03pm On Jan 17, 2023
Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by yetunsbay(m): 6:04pm On Jan 17, 2023
Perfectnumber6:

All these Yeribanza Muslims sef .. una Sabi talk anyhow like Donald Trump en.
How is ur headache pls ?
Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by AndroidAI(m): 6:08pm On Jan 17, 2023
Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by xevove2061: 6:09pm On Jan 17, 2023
The nairalanders that argue with you here feeling like they are better than you. Most of them are lowlives. Bricklayers, pos operators and pettt traders. I no go ever reply any person for this forjm again, them no reach

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by occfx: 6:11pm On Jan 17, 2023
HeRulesMen:
I don't know if this is the right section to post this, if not, mod please take it to the right section.

My online brothers and sisters, help me thank God for preserving my life as I almost left this wicked world last Friday, 13th January, 2023. 13th January has become a day I will never forget in life. Since I graduated from the university, I am yet to get a job that is well-deserving of my status. I'm not talking about big jobs with heavy remuneration (not as though I won't grab it if I see one of such) but just something to earn a living from. The last salaried job I did was a contract job which lasted only 6 months. Since then, despite my efforts, applying to every nook and cranny to land a job, I have been unlucky. However, I still keep hope alive.

However, it makes me think Nigeria really need to redefine and re-axamine the value of education in the country and what it stands for. Does it stand for nation building or for frustration? That is something for another day BTW.

Back to the topic, so with a woman and two kids to take care of, I had to go do labourer job at a construction site to earn something. That Friday was my second day in the place. I never thought it would end in disaster but I thank God that even after falling from such a distance, I didn't die, neither the mason man that was on the scaffold.

The thing is that I was carrying mortar and blocks to the mason, climbing using ladder. You know this local scaffold builders use. That thing they nailed together as V 'abi' L, place them on the wall and put planks on top to stand on. I don't know what happened that the blocks put at one end to weigh its balance failed while I was already up there. Long story short, everything collapsed and that was how we landed on the ground from the finishing end of the building. It should be a distance of 12 feet or more.

What worsened the case was the mason. As the scaffold collapsed, he immediately and unconsciously grabbed the newly laid blocks in safety attempt, not remembering he just laid those blocks. You know that kind thing. Landing on ground, that was how those blocks came upon us in their number like some sort of blast. To top it all, I didn't earn a penny that day. The man is even blaming us for the collapse.

I sustained injuries but my waist especially seems to have dislocated as a result of hitting it on ground while landin. I have been feeling sharp pains from the inside since then.

Since that Friday, I have been down physically and psychologically. As I am reflecting on it today, I decided to write it down.

Still manage go do xray make internal bleeding no kill you. This life especially Nigeria people always wish you are dead already. I don't know why but subconsciously everyone thinks you are blocking road for them. As far as you survived the accident, nobody cares but assuming you died, come see hypocrites blaming you for not seeking for help and going to work in a construction site. Actually, we learn a lot been broke than been rich. I have learnt to be myself, do what pleases me, do what I can do and not take un necessary risk for nothing or for peanuts. Bro relax and reevaluate your life, don't let any one push you and don't over do. If na to sit down one place dey do POS, do. Thank God for life. School is not a scam but it's deceitful. They don't tell us the aim of going to schools in time

2 Likes

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by FuckDModz: 6:11pm On Jan 17, 2023
AndroidAI:

LOL. Try again.

Can you confirm the receipt of funds? @ HeRulesMen
Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by lolu2019: 6:11pm On Jan 17, 2023
If it is not safe,dont do it.that is the standard. If we all reject it,they will take safety serious.Q
Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by Omobola121(f): 6:13pm On Jan 17, 2023
Sincerely Boss the whole thing is complicated. It was a balance fund gotten as friends and families. Some days after i have moved out the fund, paypal sent mail titled it as ”Credit Processing Error” referring me to the particular transaction .

To shorten the story, paypal removed the money i was having in my balance and even put the account on Negative.

I reached out to the sender, sender claimed his client who sent the fund didn’t do chargeback. I called paypal, paypal insisted that my sender reported the transaction.

You see getting my fund from the sender is not the problem but the fact that the whole stuff is not clear and sender claimed paypal did not refund him.

I have had issues of chargebacks and senders were traced and i got paid back while some are still on the run. But this particular one is not clear.

AskingBoard:

Lost over 200k to PayPal keh.
Send me a dm and let's see how we can get the fund back.
Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by Eberex(m): 6:13pm On Jan 17, 2023
Someone's carelessness almost cost you your life.
Safety first

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by Burgerlomo: 6:13pm On Jan 17, 2023
Sorry bro. Thank God for sparing your life, this could have been a big cash out if it happens in the western world particularly in the US.

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by FuckDModz: 6:14pm On Jan 17, 2023
AndroidAI:

LOL. Try again.

I know you’re an illiterate. You have everything to confirm the transaction yourself, but you’ve chosen to make a mockery of yourself.

I feel sorry for you.

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by Zane2point4(m): 6:15pm On Jan 17, 2023
Reading thru the comments section and seeing how many ppl supporting op,i think we still have hope in humanity!

No one is is concerned abt our political,ethnical or religious sentiments again,just how to dish out pure love to someone that have passed thru alot and just blc we can relate!

We can still make our country a better place despite our divides,lets vote the right ppl!

6 Likes

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by everythinggirly(f): 6:16pm On Jan 17, 2023
May God bless all the genuine hard working men out there, it's not easy at all.

2 Likes

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by AndroidAI(m): 6:16pm On Jan 17, 2023
FuckDModz:

Can you confirm the receipt of funds? @ HeRulesMen

My friend, you don't owe me proof or explanation. I expected better from someone answering FuckDModz.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? / 230k Job In Nigeria Or DAAD Scholarship In Germany / Meet Kalengo Kamwendo, Zambia's Youngest Commercial Pilot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.