Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,416 members, 7,800,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

Learn From Others - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Learn From Others (113 Views)

5 Life Lessons To Learn From The Temptation Of Jesus Christ / Book Of Acts (Learn from the Apostles & the early church) / 7 Things Our Nigerian Pastors Can Learn From Pope Francis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Learn From Others by kpakpandoN(m): 6:01am On Jan 19, 2023
It repenteth me that I have set up Saul to be king: for he is turned back from following me, and hath not performed my commandments. And it grieved Samuel; and he cried unto the LORD all night.
1 Samuel 15:11

The first time I read the passage above, it was shocking to me that God would repent. I had read passages in the Bible like Ezekiel 33:14-16 where God said if He says to the wicked that he will die, but the wicked changes his ways, then He wouldn’t let him die anymore. However, what is mind-boggling about Saul’s case is that this is a different kind of repentance. Of a truth, Saul was a very humble, diligent and responsible young man before he became king. In 1 Samuel 9:3-4, his father sent him on an errand to search for some missing animals. Saul kept searching and was determined not to return home until he found them. God is the Alpha and Omega (Revelation 1:cool, He knows the end from the beginning (Acts 15:18); how can somebody like that repent of the decision He had made? One day, the Lord used the scripture below to provide an answer to my question:

Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.
1 Corinthians 10:11

All the stories we read in the Bible, even some of the things happening around us today, are supposed to be lessons to us. One could therefore say that He looks for scapegoats to use to teach others a lesson. Now, there are two questions you should ask yourself from this revelation: first, are you really learning lessons from the examples that God has given you in the Bible and around you? Have you learnt from Judas Iscariot’s case that greed can destroy a person both here and in eternity? Have you learned from Samson that sexual sins will reduce a strong man to a piece of bread (Proverbs 6:26)? Have you learnt from the examples around you?
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

(1) (Reply)

Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens: Saturday, January 21,2023 / Once Saved Is Always Saved / Completing The New Testament In A Year (day47)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.