Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes (22053 Views)

Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira / New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) / MTN Nigeria Denies CBN Claims On Illegal Repatriation Of $8.1b (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by nlfpmod: 12:01pm On Jan 19, 2023
•Limits withdrawal of new notes to ATMs

•No plan to extend deadline for old notes

THE Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN yesterday said that it has been begging banks to come and collect the new N200, N500 and N1,000 naira notes.

The apex bank also disclosed it stopped withdrawal to curb abuse and adding that disbursement of the new naira notes has been restricted to ATMs in order to ensure access to all bank customers.

Director of Legal Services Department, CBN, Mr. Kofo Salam-Alada, disclosed this at a sensitisation programme at Computer Village, Ikeja, Lagos.

Speaking against the backdrop of scarcity of the new naira notes and continued disbursement of old notes by ATMs of banks, Salam-Alada said that the apex bank will penalize banks for failure to collect the new notes and also for failure to disburse them via their ATMs.

While appealing to the public to go and deposit their old notes, he averred that there is no plan to extend the deadline for the public to deposit the old notes beyond January 31st.

He said: “I can tell you today the CBN on a daily basis gives out the new notes. As we speak now banks are with the CBN taking money.

“I am reliably told that we are actually begging commercial banks to come and take money (the new notes) from the CBN. We have these new naira notes in our vaults and we are waiting for banks to come and collect them.

To also let you know the seriousness of CBN for these new naira notes to permeate everywhere, we have found out that a lot of things are happening, and we stopped the across-the-counter withdrawal of new naira notes to ensure that you, you, you can have access to it.

Not a situation where, one chief, who is known to the Manager or everyone will cart away all the new naira notes from a particular branch.

“And that is why we said if you want the new naira notes walk to the ATM where there is no distinction between myself and the hawker over there.

“Part of what we are doing is that we have monitors going around banks. I have been to some ATMs this morning and I have logged reports, I have spoken to management of various banks. When I am in any bank, I speak with the Head Office, I ask them, where are the new naira notes we gave you, and you will start hearing an explanation.

“What you have been experiencing will actually ease off very soon because the banks now know there will be a penalty for failure to come and pick the new naira notes from the CBN and for failure to load the notes into their branches.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/01/cbn-weve-been-begging-banks-to-take-new-notes/

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by Kuvasin: 12:01pm On Jan 19, 2023
Why should you people be begging the bank. I thought it's under your control?

115 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by blaquemyc: 12:04pm On Jan 19, 2023
Naija matter tire me, the truth be say big men and politicians don hijack most of the new notes. I went to GTB atm yesterday to withdraw and na the old notes the machine still dispense. The thing pain well cuz of the transport i wasted, somethin wey i for just jejely use POS for street.

89 Likes 6 Shares

Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by Austriaopen(m): 12:06pm On Jan 19, 2023
Lies

Everyone should just brace up for the challenges ahead. Don't believe what these public officers and politicians tell you.

Like someone said the other day,only an opposition party can assert any press statement from another party in Nigeria and also,only an NGO or Civil Right Group can assert what the CBN published in the dailies.

They are all criminals. Only God can deliver our country. It's better everyone join the trend or you live to regret it.

Nigeria is never designed to work or become a developed Nation
in the world.

Blacks are designed to be slaves to the whites even from the creation of the world except you migrate to Europe , otherwise,you will die in penury.

Brace up guys. I cheer with your challenges.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by jeromestarks: 12:06pm On Jan 19, 2023
Very soon, non virgins will be begging men to marry them.

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by Reporting34(f): 12:06pm On Jan 19, 2023
Please let's support his excellency Mr Peter Obi for the president of federal Republic of Nigeria, we are tired of those thief ryt now.,

Without a tribalism and nepotism any sane Nigerian know it's only someone like Peter obi that can now rescue Nigeria from total collapsing, but seriously some ethnic bigot people will just still prefer to hav their own man at the affairs of the country either he is capable or not than to go for what could have been the best solution to all nigerian's current problems, #ObiDatti2023 is certain

25 Likes

Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by Neduzze5(m): 12:06pm On Jan 19, 2023
The deadline must not be shifted.

We stick to the deadline.

Vote Peter Obi for President of The Federal Republic of Nigeria come February!!!

37 Likes

Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by ekukeku(m): 12:06pm On Jan 19, 2023
panic for person wey get money @ home
But ATM still dey dispense old notes as at yesterday & u said d deadline is January 31st..

D story no too clear

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by slivertongue: 12:06pm On Jan 19, 2023
Another fake news

1 Like

Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by millionboi(m): 12:06pm On Jan 19, 2023
Let's keep using old naira note

5 Likes

Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by Neduzze5(m): 12:06pm On Jan 19, 2023
Obi is the goal.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by Guyman01: 12:07pm On Jan 19, 2023
The banks are working with politicians to force an extention till after the elections

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by Vixenn(f): 12:07pm On Jan 19, 2023
The thing is ugly abeg, like most Nigerian men

2 Likes

Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by Ireportlive: 12:07pm On Jan 19, 2023
Unserious CBN

6 Likes

Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by Nbote(m): 12:07pm On Jan 19, 2023
Na lie.. U ppl have shared it to your politician buddies and cronies.. Imagine the same CBN that regulates banks, helps them keep and sort their cash is telling Nigerians that they are begging the banks that they help to keep money to collect new notes. Dey play.. Make una jus dey play...

I neva see new 200 mint collect but aboki jus use rumpled one give me change now for traffic

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by atinga1: 12:07pm On Jan 19, 2023
Useless CBN. How can you beg banks under your control to do what they must do?
Does that sound right to any sensible human being?

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by aikyg(m): 12:07pm On Jan 19, 2023
Wonders shall never end! Is there something they aren't telling us?

1 Like

Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by BennyDGreat: 12:07pm On Jan 19, 2023
The deadline date will flop. They are completely disorganised in-house

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by RichDad1(m): 12:08pm On Jan 19, 2023
Emefiele is the most useless and unpatriotic CBN governor ever.
He has been so inefficient from day one and immediately his presidential ambition was scuttled, he went rogue and start anti people policies.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by Calibrator: 12:08pm On Jan 19, 2023
End Sars protest will be like child's play if on February 1st, you tell over 200 million citizens that they can't spend the old notes when government is the sole reason for non availability of the new notes.

Dey play... Just dey play!

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by taretoofine(m): 12:08pm On Jan 19, 2023
cbn be like "bank abeg abeg collect the this new money "
na 11 days remain
Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by NothingDoMe: 12:08pm On Jan 19, 2023
Gtb never comply oh. Na old money we still dey see there sad

1 Like

Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by Houseofglam7(f): 12:08pm On Jan 19, 2023
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by Enemyofpeace: 12:09pm On Jan 19, 2023
Begging? There was a country

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by ojoadeola: 12:09pm On Jan 19, 2023
CBN should extend the date, please.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by backtovillage: 12:10pm On Jan 19, 2023
Abi your yeye new note don finish.
Some Nigerians supporting this move will cry aswear thinking they want to hurt Tinubu.

This politician will always have their way but na u go go inside sun dey look for new note

6 Likes

Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by Fr33born(m): 12:10pm On Jan 19, 2023
Hear talk
Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by dominique(f): 12:11pm On Jan 19, 2023
They should extend the deadline

1 Like

Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by tnerro1(m): 12:11pm On Jan 19, 2023
grin Make I no talk wetin dey my mind
Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by OldNairalander(m): 12:11pm On Jan 19, 2023
Surprised that some people are still willing to die for APC on nairaland, I personally hired a private firm to Investigate the Pro-APC monikers.

I was particularly interested in Kwara that had 56% of pro APC monikers emerging from there alone.

Another interesting thing is that 35% of the 65% are ND holders from Kwara poly and the rest are SSCE and below holders.

Few are university graduates ( 1-10)

Unfortunately, they are all unemployed and under employed.

Also, the investigation showed that they are supporting APC with hope that BAT will pull through Buhari's kind of employment in FG agencies. ( More Northerners in civil service)

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. / Made In Aba Goods Get A Global Marketing  boost / Possible Mergers & Takeovers That Can Save Troubled Nigerian Banks-Nairametrics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.