Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

Re: There's No Blessing In Giving Your Rich Parents Money - A Rebuttal To Freeze - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Re: There's No Blessing In Giving Your Rich Parents Money - A Rebuttal To Freeze (348 Views)

Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co / Why Do Poor Parents Have More Children Than Rich Parents? (pictures) / Man Helps His Brother In Giving Birth To 3 Kids With His Wife, While He's Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There's No Blessing In Giving Your Rich Parents Money - A Rebuttal To Freeze by EmekaStanley: 6:27pm On Jan 19, 2023
This write up is a direct rebuttal to the most recent and arguably the most unfortunate submission of Mr ifedayo a.k.a Freeze. This is the link https://www.nairaland.com/7528324/there-no-blessing-giving-rich

Mr. Ifedayo opined that's there is no blessing in giving one’s rich parents money for whatever reason. In summary, he stated that if a son or daughter gifts his/her parents money, it is a total waste because there is nothing beneficial that can come from it.

He further stated that it is only when you give to your poor parents that you can receive blessings. Before I go further, personally, I try to avoid reading the opinions or submissions of Freeze because a lot of times they lack indepth understanding of how things work. That way I avoid feeding my spirit with such misconceptions.

Freeze comes off as one who thinks he knows it all. His submissions are always with an air of certainty, even for social issues that might have been settled theologically. That alone is a sign of weakness and an unteachable spirit.

So last night after I returned from a long trip and decided to browse the net and catch up with latest happenings, only to see his latest verbal output and, I must confess they lacked the essence of knowledge and understanding.

Normally Like many of his sayings/ writings I could have let this slide but then I thought, ‘No’ this is the height of myopia and people especially the young ones should never abide by this. It is highly defective and deceptive.

Freeze wrote, ‘there is no blessing in giving your rich parents money. That blessing is when you give to them when they are poor. If your parents are struggling then you are blessed when you give them money or assist them. Honor your father and mother should not monetised”

First of all, giving was not only meant for the poor. Then again there is no law that says you cannot gift the rich money. Rich people need more money to stay rich or become richer. People bring gifts and money to the rich not necessarily because the rich beg for money but because you find your way into their hearts; they lay down their favour guard for you.Rich people are also open to receiving gifts.

Also giving was not only meant to be monetary and there are lots of things one could give aside money It could be time, energy, advice, ideas, friendship, e.t.c. Everyone knows this, so him trying to untie honor from financial gifts was totally watery.

Giving to the rich has so many benefits whether they be your parents or not. When you gift a rich person whether your parents or not, subconsciously they will start looking for an opportunity to repay you and most a times you get more from them that what you gave.

Jesus allowed a woman to pour very expensive oil on him not because Jesus was really poor but because it was a sign of honor from the woman, and also to allow that woman to receive the blessings he could give her.

Of all those who gave offerings at a church service in Jesus’ day it was a widow that give very little that God used as an example.

Whether your parents are rich or poor, gifting them attracts blessings and you find favour in their sight and before God. This has nothing to do with entitlements. Honor benefits more the one who gives it.

The spiritual blessings you can receive from your parents do not want to know whether your parents are poor or not. They are there to be activated once you give. Also every parent appreciates gifts, whether monetary or not from their children no matter how little.

It makes them feel loved, important and appreciated. Most at times it is not what you gift or the amount of your gift to your parents that matter, it is the manner in which you gave them, it is the heart with which you gave them the money that matters.

They are flattered by just the thoughts of you finding them worthy of a gift. They might have more money than you, it doesn’t matter. The principle is the same.

If your parents are billionaires and you put in 10,000 naira in an envelope and walk up to them respectfully, giving them the money with a wide smile and telling them that it's a gift from you to them, they will definitely appreciate it and love it. Their reactions will light up the room. In fact it may prompt them to ask you what you need so that they can do it for you immediately.

God loves a cheerful giver. Is God poor? Certainly not! So why does he love a cheerful giver? Because the intent is far more important than the actual gift. And this is applicable to human, to parents.

To interpret Freeze’s thought, don’t give God anything, He already has abundance and doesn’t need any of your resources for any purpose. Still thinking like Freeze, the reason why people receive blessings from God for giving him anything is because God is Poor. This is a rather very sad expression.

God loves one who gives cheerfully and blesses them. Likewise, billionaire parents love a child that gives cheerfully. It is just that.

To conclude, Freeze, giving your mother money is not for her own good, it is largely for your own good. The only thing your mother may be missing is the feeling of having a cheerful giver as a son.

Money may not make your mother smile now but I can bet you it sure did in her early years of achievement. Her priority definitely must have changed because she has seen life in its entirety and she is not getting any younger. This is a universal flow of life and has nothing to do with or without being a Nigerian.

The older we get as humans our priorities change and some things will not matter to us anymore. This is exactly the case of your mother.

Also, your mum returned the politician’s money because she has values. Apparently she has erected some barriers for accepting certain gifts. Probably the source of the money contradicts her conscience and she rejected it, and that is highly commendable of her.

She did not reject it because it was just a monetary gift. The honor of a king is largely determined by the amount of people who are willing to grace his palace with gifts.

Accordingly to you , your mother has absolutely no need for your money because she has, that doesn't mean she would not appreciate it as a heartfelt gift from you. Common wisdom and understanding should tell and explain this better.

You can choose not to give your mother money because you think she has enough but please don’t make it look like it’s wrong for a child to give money to their wealthy parents because that is what you are saying in essence. You’re trying to discourage people from giving their rich parents money. More or less, you're saying it's useless.

Before any post, accolade or rank your mother has attained till date, she is first a human, a woman at that and women loves and cherishes gifts generally. There is no exception at all.

Not only women, humans love gifts no matter how little. The act alone is a motivation and shows understanding.

Freeze, this may sound a little bit mean but it may help you Sir to readjust. You said your mother is always busy to pick your calls but the reality is that your mother is not too busy to pick your calls. If she were so busy, she could call back later that night.

No mother is so busy to hear from a child dear to her, she’s not too busy to hear from you, she’s just indifferent about your call probably because there's nothing about your calls that excites her.

No human will be so excited to hear from someone who thinks he or she doesn't deserve monetary gifts from her kids because she is wealthy.

I hope every young person can be able to filter what they read from people who have been privileged to have a lot of social media following, because a lot of what they put out can be misleading.

Emeka Stanley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Re: There's No Blessing In Giving Your Rich Parents Money - A Rebuttal To Freeze by EmekaStanley: 6:28pm On Jan 19, 2023
NLFPMOD, Seun Please kindly help push this. It will help.

Thank you
Re: Re: There's No Blessing In Giving Your Rich Parents Money - A Rebuttal To Freeze by Righteousness2(m): 6:33pm On Jan 19, 2023
Freeze is a confused young man that has donated himself for the antichrist to use to confuse young men and women and package them to Hell.
Re: Re: There's No Blessing In Giving Your Rich Parents Money - A Rebuttal To Freeze by EmekaStanley: 6:44pm On Jan 19, 2023
Righteousness2:
Freeze is a confused young man that has donated himself for the antichrist to use to confuse young men and women and package them to Hell.
Well I don't know that yet.

I just think He needs Understanding
Re: Re: There's No Blessing In Giving Your Rich Parents Money - A Rebuttal To Freeze by Righteousness2(m): 6:49pm On Jan 19, 2023
EmekaStanley:
Well I don't know that yet.

I just think He needs Understanding

He has a history of confusing and misleading young men and ladies
Re: Re: There's No Blessing In Giving Your Rich Parents Money - A Rebuttal To Freeze by EmekaStanley: 6:57pm On Jan 19, 2023
Righteousness2:

He has a history of confusing and misleading young men and ladies
Quite sad I must say.
Re: Re: There's No Blessing In Giving Your Rich Parents Money - A Rebuttal To Freeze by inforesource: 7:00pm On Jan 19, 2023
But there is no need to respond to this. You can see how ignorant Freez was.
Re: Re: There's No Blessing In Giving Your Rich Parents Money - A Rebuttal To Freeze by EmekaStanley: 7:12pm On Jan 19, 2023
inforesource:
But there is no need to respond to this. You can see how ignorant Freez was.
You know he's ignorant because you have understanding.

There are naive people who need to be put right. They already accepted Freeze's submission
Re: Re: There's No Blessing In Giving Your Rich Parents Money - A Rebuttal To Freeze by inforesource: 9:04pm On Jan 19, 2023
EmekaStanley:
You know he's ignorant because you have understanding.

There are naive people who need to be put right. They already accepted Freeze's submission
You have a point. Yes.
Re: Re: There's No Blessing In Giving Your Rich Parents Money - A Rebuttal To Freeze by Saintmary(f): 10:30am On Jan 20, 2023
EmekaStanley:
This write up is a direct rebuttal to the most recent and arguably the most unfortunate submission of Mr ifedayo a.k.a Freeze. This is the link https://www.nairaland.com/7528324/there-no-blessing-giving-rich

Mr. Ifedayo opined that's there is no blessing in giving one’s rich parents money for whatever reason. In summary, he stated that if a son or daughter gifts his/her parents money, it is a total waste because there is nothing beneficial that can come from it.

He further stated that it is only when you give to your poor parents that you can receive blessings. Before I go further, personally, I try to avoid reading the opinions or submissions of Freeze because a lot of times they lack indepth understanding of how things work. That way I avoid feeding my spirit with such misconceptions.

Freeze comes off as one who thinks he knows it all. His submissions are always with an air of certainty, even for social issues that might have been settled theologically. That alone is a sign of weakness and an unteachable spirit.

So last night after I returned from a long trip and decided to browse the net and catch up with latest happenings, only to see his latest verbal output and, I must confess they lacked the essence of knowledge and understanding.

Normally Like many of his sayings/ writings I could have let this slide but then I thought, ‘No’ this is the height of myopia and people especially the young ones should never abide by this. It is highly defective and deceptive.

Freeze wrote, ‘there is no blessing in giving your rich parents money. That blessing is when you give to them when they are poor. If your parents are struggling then you are blessed when you give them money or assist them. Honor your father and mother should not monetised”

First of all, giving was not only meant for the poor. Then again there is no law that says you cannot gift the rich money. Rich people need more money to stay rich or become richer. People bring gifts and money to the rich not necessarily because the rich beg for money but because you find your way into their hearts; they lay down their favour guard for you.Rich people are also open to receiving gifts.

Also giving was not only meant to be monetary and there are lots of things one could give aside money It could be time, energy, advice, ideas, friendship, e.t.c. Everyone knows this, so him trying to untie honor from financial gifts was totally watery.

Giving to the rich has so many benefits whether they be your parents or not. When you gift a rich person whether your parents or not, subconsciously they will start looking for an opportunity to repay you and most a times you get more from them that what you gave.

Jesus allowed a woman to pour very expensive oil on him not because Jesus was really poor but because it was a sign of honor from the woman, and also to allow that woman to receive the blessings he could give her.

Of all those who gave offerings at a church service in Jesus’ day it was a widow that give very little that God used as an example.

Whether your parents are rich or poor, gifting them attracts blessings and you find favour in their sight and before God. This has nothing to do with entitlements. Honor benefits more the one who gives it.

The spiritual blessings you can receive from your parents do not want to know whether your parents are poor or not. They are there to be activated once you give. Also every parent appreciates gifts, whether monetary or not from their children no matter how little.

It makes them feel loved, important and appreciated. Most at times it is not what you gift or the amount of your gift to your parents that matter, it is the manner in which you gave them, it is the heart with which you gave them the money that matters.

They are flattered by just the thoughts of you finding them worthy of a gift. They might have more money than you, it doesn’t matter. The principle is the same.

If your parents are billionaires and you put in 10,000 naira in an envelope and walk up to them respectfully, giving them the money with a wide smile and telling them that it's a gift from you to them, they will definitely appreciate it and love it. Their reactions will light up the room. In fact it may prompt them to ask you what you need so that they can do it for you immediately.

God loves a cheerful giver. Is God poor? Certainly not! So why does he love a cheerful giver? Because the intent is far more important than the actual gift. And this is applicable to human, to parents.

To interpret Freeze’s thought, don’t give God anything, He already has abundance and doesn’t need any of your resources for any purpose. Still thinking like Freeze, the reason why people receive blessings from God for giving him anything is because God is Poor. This is a rather very sad expression.

God loves one who gives cheerfully and blesses them. Likewise, billionaire parents love a child that gives cheerfully. It is just that.

To conclude, Freeze, giving your mother money is not for her own good, it is largely for your own good. The only thing your mother may be missing is the feeling of having a cheerful giver as a son.

Money may not make your mother smile now but I can bet you it sure did in her early years of achievement. Her priority definitely must have changed because she has seen life in its entirety and she is not getting any younger. This is a universal flow of life and has nothing to do with or without being a Nigerian.

The older we get as humans our priorities change and some things will not matter to us anymore. This is exactly the case of your mother.

Also, your mum returned the politician’s money because she has values. Apparently she has erected some barriers for accepting certain gifts. Probably the source of the money contradicts her conscience and she rejected it, and that is highly commendable of her.

She did not reject it because it was just a monetary gift. The honor of a king is largely determined by the amount of people who are willing to grace his palace with gifts.

Accordingly to you , your mother has absolutely no need for your money because she has, that doesn't mean she would not appreciate it as a heartfelt gift from you. Common wisdom and understanding should tell and explain this better.

You can choose not to give your mother money because you think she has enough but please don’t make it look like it’s wrong for a child to give money to their wealthy parents because that is what you are saying in essence. You’re trying to discourage people from giving their rich parents money. More or less, you're saying it's useless.

Before any post, accolade or rank your mother has attained till date, she is first a human, a woman at that and women loves and cherishes gifts generally. There is no exception at all.

Not only women, humans love gifts no matter how little. The act alone is a motivation and shows understanding.

Freeze, this may sound a little bit mean but it may help you Sir to readjust. You said your mother is always busy to pick your calls but the reality is that your mother is not too busy to pick your calls. If she were so busy, she could call back later that night.

No mother is so busy to hear from a child dear to her, she’s not too busy to hear from you, she’s just indifferent about your call probably because there's nothing about your calls that excites her.

No human will be so excited to hear from someone who thinks he or she doesn't deserve monetary gifts from her kids because she is wealthy.

I hope every young person can be able to filter what they read from people who have been privileged to have a lot of social media following, because a lot of what they put out can be misleading.

Emeka Stanley

Thank you for being the voice of reason in this corrupt world.

My opinion is that if a man's mother is avoiding him, I want nothing to do with him. He must be a bad son.
Re: Re: There's No Blessing In Giving Your Rich Parents Money - A Rebuttal To Freeze by EmekaStanley: 10:47am On Jan 20, 2023
Thank you. He was trying to justify his folly all these years.

Saintmary:

Thank you for being the voice of reason in this corrupt world.

My opinion is that if a man's mother is avoiding him, I want nothing to do with him. He must be a bad son.
Re: Re: There's No Blessing In Giving Your Rich Parents Money - A Rebuttal To Freeze by Saintmary(f): 12:36pm On Jan 20, 2023
EmekaStanley:
Thank you. He was trying to justify his folly all these years.

Of course foolish people will always justify their folly, how else would they feel good about themselves?

It's the job of the wise people to uphold the truth so that foolish people will not turn the world upside down.

(1) (Reply)

Pregnant Woman Shares Video Of Husband Caring For Her In Bed / Things Women Do To Manipulate And Control Men / Woman Has Had A Baby After Artificially Inseminating Herself At Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.