Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,408 members, 7,808,451 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

My Vision For Our Great Nation: Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Vision For Our Great Nation: Nigeria (2141 Views)

President Jonathan To Address The Nation, Nigeria, 7:00 am / Jonathan Unveils Vision For Next Four Years / A Manifesto For APC To Adopt: My Vision For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Vision For Our Great Nation: Nigeria by Godmouth(m): 2:37pm On Sep 06, 2011
There is the popular saying that goes: 'there is no place like home'. I have lived in the UK now for over 8 years and even though I am a British citizen by naturalization, my heart is always with Nigeria. It was an emotional return for me when I visited home 2 years ago after about 6 years living abroad. My feelings were mixed: I was happy to come home to see family and friends, to step foot on Nigerian soil (my country of birth). However certain things still remained the same or even grew worse since I travelled out in 2003 when I was 16.

As I follow Nigerian news regularly: it breaks my heart to see the state of our nation both at Federal, State and Local Government level. Jesus famously said in the scriptures that "you will always have the poor amongst you": however I do not think he had the nation of Nigeria in mind when he made that statement. Let me explain what I mean. With the amount of wealth God has blessed Nigeria with: no Nigerian citizen should live in poverty.  Take the United Arab Emirates (U.A.E) as an example, their citizens are so well taken care of by the government that those who do not work are even paid by the government and they live comfortable lives than even people who live in the affluent West (e.g. U.S.A and the U.K).

God has a plan for Nigeria: and contrary to what a lot of so-called prophets (men of God) have been saying: Nigeria will never divide because it is a nation at the heart of God. As far as God is concerned, Nigeria in Africa is what Israel is in the Middle East. Please listen to true men of God like Pastor W.F. Kumuyi and Pastor E.A Adeboye who prophesied greatness for Nigeria in the years to come. I saw them say this live at the celebration of Nigeria's Golden Jubilee, last year here in the UK when they visited and I know what they said is genuine because as a man of God myself, God has also said the same things to me too.

Here are some key changes that needs to be made as God transforms Nigeria into one of the greatest nations on earth: these are both political and prophetic:

1. Only a God-fearing man can take Nigeria to the promised land that God intends for it. Our President Goodluck Jonathan is trying his best in this regard. However let me warn: gone are the days when government personnel will steal from Nigeria's wealth and go scott free. No Government official: whether at Federal, State or Local government level should ever take more than what his salary allows him. The wealth Nigeria has is given by God and it is meant for the whole country( for the good of the common people). Stealing from Nigeria's wealth is like stealing God's money and God will not take it likely with whosoever does so.

2. The days of Boko Haram are numbered: those sponsoring them to make life hell for Nigerians will have themselves to blame when they face the wrath of God.

3. The idea of the 'Godfather' in Nigerian politics must be totally eradicated. No body (no matter who they are or what role they have played in Nigerian Politics) has the right to install any leader on the Nigerian people. I don't want to mention names, however those who I am talking about know themselves. Two of them were fighting themselves recently and there are more of them. No one is bigger than the nation of Nigeria: every man is equal in God's eyes so these so-called Godfathers of Nigerian politics better be warned.

4. Every politician that has stolen from Nigeria's wealth must return it immediately to the Nigerian government or face the wrath of God.

5. Corruption must be totally eradicated form Nigeria: from the government, civil service, police, military, all sectors of the economy (both private and public)

6. Government appointments must be based on merits and not on 'who knows who' as we have seen in Nigeria in the past. The same goes for every other sector in the country. Admissions into University, employment at work places, police and military promotions e.t.c

7. Worship of idols, cultism, kidnappings, ritual killings must stop as God wants Nigeria to be dedicated to Him as a nation. Scripture says: 'Righteousness exalts a nation but sin is a reproach to the people'.

8. No man of God must condone any corrupt or wicked politician by accepting tithe from them when they have stolen from the government or keep quiet when they see such politician in the wrong: oppressing the people God gave them to lead.

9. All so-called ministers of God in Nigeria who go on deceiving people: taking money from them and telling them lies should desist from such act immediately before God decides to judge them.

10. God is calling on men and women of the entertainment industry to turn to Him so He can use them to become good role models for young Nigerian boys and girls (even adults too). Nollywood and the Nigerian music industry must beware that God will no longer condone any form of immorality or obscenity in the execution of their work. God expects these people to show good examples to the viewing public: thereby glorifying Him in the process. Every entertainment star you see today is what they are because God allowed them and they must know that He can easily pull them down just as He raised them up from nothing to becoming somebody prominent in society

God bless our great nation: Nigeria!

He/she who has an ear, let him/her hear what God is saying!

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram. The Full Package! / Ebonyi Pays Tribute To Ojukwu / North Recruits Obasanjo To Stop Jonathan .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.