Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,031 members, 7,799,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

I Got A Job Interview Alert But... "Please Read" - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Got A Job Interview Alert But... "Please Read" (16135 Views)

Agro Park Interview Alert / Help Me Confirm ..job Interview Alert.. / Job Interview Alert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Got A Job Interview Alert But... "Please Read" by greggng: 1:34am On Jan 21, 2023
chenny360:
So I applied for a Teaching Job online via the school website in ondo city. Luckily for me I was sent a text messages today to come for the interview on Monday 23rd of January with my credentials and dress corporately when coming. I never expected I'll be invited for an interview though. Although I sent an attractive CV and cover letter

But the problem right now is my final NYSC clearance is next month February and I'm in bayelsa state like this. Although I and my immediate family based in ondo city few kilometres away from the College.. ..

What should I do please.. I don't know where else to run to for advice please help me..
. Note I have always wanted to work in that institution. But never thought I'll be invited early.
I'm reading all comment..

This is what pains me . A graduate is suppose to have good analytical mindset ...There are things you don't seek advice for . This situation is one of them ...

When you are invited for an interview and you cannot attend due to situations beyond your control ...what do you do? Write the organisation ..to thank them for the.invitation and for considering you worthy to participate...your second paragraph should state why you are unable to attend the interview ...state your nysc issue which is a cogent reason...

Ask if they can reschedule to a more convenient date to enable you finish your nysc issue

Thank them.in anticipation of a favorable response

You don't need advice to perform all this since your hands are tied right now. Wish you best of luck

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job Interview Alert But... "Please Read" by jmichael259(m): 4:20am On Jan 21, 2023
chenny360:
Thank you brother.

I would have said ftc was the best comment but hear me out..
sunday=bus/flight
monday=interview
tuesday= bayelsa

Beg somebody or call in sick for 2-3 days.
I have trust issues in matters like this especially if that college is "big" or a tertiary. Don't miss it.

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job Interview Alert But... "Please Read" by coolbode1: 5:37am On Jan 21, 2023
Approach them and explain all circumstances, but you need to defend all you attractiveness on your CV....
chenny360:
So I applied for a Teaching Job online via the school website in ondo city. Luckily for me I was sent a text messages today to come for the interview on Monday 23rd of January with my credentials and dress corporately when coming. I never expected I'll be invited for an interview though. Although I sent an attractive CV and cover letter

But the problem right now is my final NYSC clearance is next month February and I'm in bayelsa state like this. Although I and my immediate family based in ondo city few kilometres away from the College.. ..

What should I do please.. I don't know where else to run to for advice please help me..
. Note I have always wanted to work in that institution. But never thought I'll be invited early.

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job Interview Alert But... "Please Read" by ogene144(m): 6:26am On Jan 21, 2023
Starpro87:

You are wrong, Sir.
Teaching in some private school is a worst decision I have not collected December salary til date

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job Interview Alert But... "Please Read" by innocenteze: 7:28am On Jan 21, 2023
Good morning house.
Pls do any one received an invite from Nigeria Railway Corporation (NRC). I got a text massage yesterday that I have an interview with them at any of their zonal headquarters branch Enugu, lagos and kaduna.

2 Likes

Re: I Got A Job Interview Alert But... "Please Read" by Thenext: 11:15am On Jan 21, 2023
I will advise you to attend the interview, then if they ask you when you can resume then let them know your current situations.
If they didn'task you about resumptionjust keep mute, sometimesit takes somebtime before they call for resumptionand hopefullyyou might be done that time.

chenny360:

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job Interview Alert But... "Please Read" by engrrichie92(m): 12:30pm On Jan 21, 2023
chenny360:

If you want something bad enough ..nothing should stop you

I was in a similar issue for my first major job years ago
Test in Lagos...NYSC was in PH
The test date was a day before my POP

Guess what
I went...did the test
Took night bus ..so I won't miss my POP
I didn't get my NYSC cert that day...punishment for my unauthorised travel
Almost got an extension

Found my way round it...got my cert the next day(Saturday) - this one na another long story

Passed the test, went through the interview stages and landed my first main job...which kinda gave me the foundation to where I am today

Moral lesson: leave excuses, find a way
Nigeria is too hard to miss out on opportunities that come your way!
After NYSC, you are on your own ooo

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job Interview Alert But... "Please Read" by seye2(m): 10:40pm On Jan 21, 2023
That's the same text message I received yesterday (Friday)
innocenteze:
Good morning house.
Pls do any one received an invite from Nigeria Railway Corporation (NRC). I got a text massage yesterday that I have an interview with them at any of their zonal headquarters branch Enugu, lagos and kaduna.
Re: I Got A Job Interview Alert But... "Please Read" by kayyk(m): 3:01am On Jan 22, 2023
Where in ondo city do u stay? Is ondo city akure?
chenny360:

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job Interview Alert But... "Please Read" by chenny360(m): 8:53am On Jan 22, 2023
No it's two diffrent places.
Ondo city is the state. While akure is the capital.. theres is a city called ondo . Thats where i based.

kayyk:
Where in ondo city do u stay? Is ondo city akure?
Re: I Got A Job Interview Alert But... "Please Read" by kayyk(m): 4:43pm On Jan 22, 2023
Thanks for the clarification.smiley
chenny360:

Ondo city is the state. While akure is the capital.. theres is a city called ondo . Thats where i based.

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job Interview Alert But... "Please Read" by IecheM(m): 11:25pm On Jan 23, 2023
chenny360:

Bro please can you send me your WhatsApp number I want to make some enquiries from you. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lady Attempts Suicide In Ilorin Over Unemployment / The Job Seeker Daily Routine And Why You Will Get Hired / SURE-P Employs 100,000 Graduates In Its Graduate Internship Scheme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.