Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,347 members, 7,780,930 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:43 AM

Some Parents Dress Their Kids Irresponsibly - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Some Parents Dress Their Kids Irresponsibly (9391 Views)

Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children / Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) / Why Do Some Parents Insult Their Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Parents Dress Their Kids Irresponsibly by Caliente(m): 4:11pm On Sep 06, 2011
[size=13pt]Some Parents These Days Dress Their Kids Irresponsibly In The Name Of Fashion And Expect Them To Dress Responsibly When They Grow, Not Gonna Happen. You start at very tender age to dress up your kids happily with mini skirts, spaghetti tops, use their face do fake Picasso saint job, etc. By the time they grow up their dress sense have gone literally 'ladygaga'! And yet we worry about indecent dressing in our society today. It all starts from the home. Parents dress your kids responsibly, of course its hard to do if the parents are dressing gaga themselves. [/size]
Re: Some Parents Dress Their Kids Irresponsibly by blank(f): 5:10pm On Sep 06, 2011
you are right but female kids look really cute in a spag top and short dresses.
Re: Some Parents Dress Their Kids Irresponsibly by Sissy3(f): 5:33pm On Sep 06, 2011
ok
Re: Some Parents Dress Their Kids Irresponsibly by Outstrip(f): 7:02am On Sep 07, 2011
It is ridiculous with Nigerian parents. Imagine at a church trip to disney world a 12 year old child wears a 2 piece bathing suit with jewelry on it and parents are thinking that is okay. beyince wears it I guess so why can't their kids do the same. In fact it means that they can afford the finer things in life
Re: Some Parents Dress Their Kids Irresponsibly by Caliente(m): 9:43am On Sep 07, 2011
[size=13pt]It can be very unbelievable atimes. The other day on my street this woman was on the street with her children prolly in their teenspr0st and you'll marvel at the skimpy things they wore. And I was like is she blind or something? What will she say when people compare to pr0st1tutes?[/size]

1 Like

Re: Some Parents Dress Their Kids Irresponsibly by Bawss1(m): 9:51am On Sep 07, 2011
When the parents don't know how to dress decently themselves what do you expect.
Re: Some Parents Dress Their Kids Irresponsibly by oknee: 11:47am On Sep 07, 2011
U can't give what u don't have. D parents themselves dress indecently.
Re: Some Parents Dress Their Kids Irresponsibly by atasteve: 11:47am On Sep 07, 2011
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Prov. 22:6
Re: Some Parents Dress Their Kids Irresponsibly by DaDoctor: 12:01pm On Sep 07, 2011
JUST FOR 2 OR MORE REASONS;

1) THEY THEMSELVES(THE MOTHER ESPECIALLY) IS IRRESPONSIBLE
2)THWY BOTH HAVE LOST THEIR SENSES AND WILLING TO FACE THE REPERCUSION
Re: Some Parents Dress Their Kids Irresponsibly by Demdem(m): 12:22pm On Sep 07, 2011
blank:

you are right but female kids look really cute in a spag top and short dresses.

this to me is definitely part of the problem. to each with his/her own.
Re: Some Parents Dress Their Kids Irresponsibly by Nosyke(m): 12:30pm On Sep 07, 2011
@Op,
It is really pathetic, mine isnt exactly dressing but something similiar, just yesterday, at the BA terminal of the Int'l wing of Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, I saw a little boy of not more than 3 years whose hair was lowly cut, except for the middle (I've forgotten the name they call it). The little innocent boy was looking so weird alongside his parents that most passengers were staring at him and of course the parents. I told myself if this child grows up what will he grow up with.
I think the parents of these kids do it to have a feeling that their kids are also current with fashion trends, IMO, it makes absolutely no sense, as someone earlier mentioned , they have to be nurtured responsibly so as to grow into responsible adults in future.
Re: Some Parents Dress Their Kids Irresponsibly by pynkspyce: 12:57pm On Sep 07, 2011
if they cant dress themselves who is to blame? or some r living vicariously through their kids.
Re: Some Parents Dress Their Kids Irresponsibly by http(m): 12:58pm On Sep 07, 2011
When you want to marry a lady, look at her mother, that will probably tell you what she will eventually become in your house, like someone posted already, you don't give what you don't have, alot of parent dress indecently, so what do you expect her to do with the kids.

Another annoying things with the boy kids the buying of TOY GUNS for boys and you don't want them to turn to Armed Robbers in future; what is the essence of toy guns for kids? okay the boy becomes sharp shooters abi?

Alot has to do with our currupt, irresponsible parent of today, i just wonder what next generation will be like. angry
Now we even have Kids beauty pageant, breeding of Ashawo of the future.
Re: Some Parents Dress Their Kids Irresponsibly by Nosyke(m): 1:02pm On Sep 07, 2011
http:

When you want to marry a lady, look at her mother, that will probably tell you what she will eventually become in your house, like someone posted already, you don't give what you don't have, alot of parent dress indecently, so what do you expect her to do with the kids.

Another annoying things with the boy kids the buying of TOY GUNS for boys and you don't want them to turn to Armed Robbers in future; what is the essence of toy guns for kids? okay the boy becomes sharp shooters abi?

Alot has to do with our currupt, irresponsible parent of today, i just wonder what next generation will be like. angry

To be able to shoot Boko Haram grin grin grin
But on a serious note, some of these things parents do and think that it doesnt matter have have a way of affecting children
Re: Some Parents Dress Their Kids Irresponsibly by kenomobola(m): 1:13pm On Sep 07, 2011
Most parents eroneously think they're increasing their children's confidence and self-esteem by doing this (exposing girls' stomachs, body piercings, mohawk haircuts, and a host of other shameful acts). As some previous posters said "you can't give what you don't have". Epic parent fail.
Re: Some Parents Dress Their Kids Irresponsibly by pemimi(f): 1:22pm On Sep 07, 2011
During my free time i teach some kids and i've had parents scream and trade words with me just becos i corrected their kids. I tell them ' if mad men, touts and hookers are doing this' and you let your children do this, claiming urs is in modern fashion, your only training your kids to be madmen, touts and hookers, Sometymes i don't blame rape victims or criminals i blame their parents cause its the seed they planted in their children
Re: Some Parents Dress Their Kids Irresponsibly by Outstrip(f): 1:30pm On Sep 07, 2011
pemimi:

During my free time i teach some kids and i've had parents scream and trade words with me just becos i corrected their kids. I tell them ' if mad men, touts and hookers are doing this' and you let your children do this, claiming urs is in modern fashion, your only training your kids to be madmen, touts and hookers, Sometymes i don't blame violation victims or criminals i blame their parents cause its the seed they planted in their children

If you are actually saying that to parents I am suprised that they have not physically assaulted you and the idea that you do not blame rapists for the rape is a dangerous line of thinking. Even if the person is wearing nothing but a hankerchief no one has the right to touch them.

1 Like

Re: Some Parents Dress Their Kids Irresponsibly by http(m): 1:43pm On Sep 07, 2011
Let just discourage NUDITY and Indecency in our society, that all. If you are a parent, it is your responsibility to dress decently and that of your kids. you can wear ashawo dress when you are with your husband and boy friend in private to the exclusion of your kids if any.

The problem is wearing private dress in the home in public. angry
Re: Some Parents Dress Their Kids Irresponsibly by pemimi(f): 1:46pm On Sep 07, 2011
I used the word 'sometimes' a gurl (10) came to me cos her neighbor almost had his way with her but when she told her mum she spanked her, said that it was her fault it almost happened. What she failed to ask her daughter was y he found interest in her in the 1st place, Guess what, He liked the way she dresses, Who buys her clothes , Her mum, So who is @ fault, Her mum, I only knew what to ask her cause i had an experience like that @ the age of 11. The funny thing is that these kids sometimes don't tell their parents in the 1st place becos they are so scared and becs they dnt unsdtand y dis thgs happen, Parents should have a balance, children comes 1st then money, I had to talk to mine @ a tender age. How many kids can talk to theirs, They prefer talkin to nannies or teachers, Any parent that want 2 chew my head should search themselves.
Re: Some Parents Dress Their Kids Irresponsibly by Bawss1(m): 1:52pm On Sep 07, 2011
http:

Now we even have Kids beauty pageant, breeding of Ashawo of the future.

Hey hey hey, leave that matter alone. A boy has got to have his toy guns, OK. cheesy Imagine growing up as a little boy without any toy guns to play with. That makes for a traumatic adulthood later on. smiley Just see how Jonathan turned out without innocent items such as shoes, and now you want to take our away toy guns from little boys. grin Would you rather that boys should play with Barbie dolls instead?  shocked
Re: Some Parents Dress Their Kids Irresponsibly by armyofone(m): 2:00pm On Sep 07, 2011
a boy having sword, toyguns, heli, humvee toys, jet, all military like toy is okay so are girls too.
no limit, no bound cheesy
the way they dress up will be much more important to me until they are in college and doing well academically.
you get 2.0 gpa and want wear mini gown, who born you. wear jeans and go stay in the lab/lib.
Re: Some Parents Dress Their Kids Irresponsibly by Anvaller: 2:16pm On Sep 07, 2011
As well as i do not also support provocative manner of dressing as it proliferates uncontrollably these days, I think there is not much ppl can do about it in the general picture. All you need do is concentrate on your own nuclear family.

There is excessive import of culture form the western world to Nigeria both in actual and virtual sense. Many Nigerians travelling abroad, the DSTV packed with foreign packages, even Nigerian entertainment is maintaining a current pace with the contemporary fashion, which is evil, like many of you might not know yet but plan is underway by a Nigerian businessman (with whom I have close business connections) to bring in Lady gaga to Nigeria soon.

Lets think of it, Lady Gaga is a very bad influence but can you stop this guy from doing his business by bringing Gaga? if No, then these are the root causes of the problem you are discussing here.

If you can not reverse all these developments, mere discussing and lamenting can not really solve the problem. Look at sagging, it is very irresponsible way to dress, you must really be a tough Dad or Mum to stop your kid from doing it, so I think what we should be discussing here is how do we protect our kids from this influences, forget about the society, thinking that you can stop the society at large is waste of time, devise strategy to stop your own kid and that is very very achievable.
Re: Some Parents Dress Their Kids Irresponsibly by ndigbo: 2:20pm On Sep 07, 2011
@OP, true talk! I was termpted on saturday in computer village, to call a mother to order! She (the Mother) and her two female Kids were in Jagins with there tops resting on belly bottons!
Blood rushed thru my brains as i wondered what dress sense these little girls will possess, when this girls get matured, they wouldn't mind wearing panties and bras or even move around streets and to work places nake'd! The fact still remains that parents of this time and age have contributed greatly to this madness, all in the name of fashion!
Re: Some Parents Dress Their Kids Irresponsibly by Titto(f): 2:38pm On Sep 07, 2011

Re: Some Parents Dress Their Kids Irresponsibly by tunene: 3:08pm On Sep 07, 2011
In this day and era when some Churches' ministers wear anything in name of freedom. I saw one the other day claiming to be a pastor and more than 3/4 of her ... were there for sale. God go help us.
Re: Some Parents Dress Their Kids Irresponsibly by teeceexx: 5:22pm On Sep 07, 2011
Irresponsible parents dress their kids irresponsibly. undecided
Like mama like pikin
Re: Some Parents Dress Their Kids Irresponsibly by Akolapo(m): 5:33pm On Sep 07, 2011
since they also are not responsible. and devil cannot give birth to an angel.
Re: Some Parents Dress Their Kids Irresponsibly by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 07, 2011
Bawss1:

Hey hey hey, leave that matter alone. A boy has got to have his toy guns, OK. cheesy Imagine growing up as a little boy without any toy guns to play with. That makes for a traumatic adulthood later on. smiley Just see how Jonathan turned out without innocent items such as shoes, and now you want to take our away toy guns from little boys. grin Would you rather that boys should play with Barbie dolls instead?  shocked

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Some Parents Dress Their Kids Irresponsibly by deols(f): 6:31pm On Sep 07, 2011
the worst part of it is the children are very uncomfortable in those rags
Re: Some Parents Dress Their Kids Irresponsibly by God2man(m): 9:26pm On Sep 07, 2011
The way you dress is the way you will be addressed. No wonder some ladies are addressed as prostitute. Whenever you are going out, look into the mirror or ask yourself: am i going to put somebody into trouble as a result of my dressing? Or am i dressing to kill today? If it is yes then you need to have a rethink about going out with that seductive dress. Also, Grandma also wear trousers. What a pity? As i always said a good example from the parent is still the best example. As a result of indecent dressing, many have developed lust, from lust to sin, from sin to death. God pls. Help us. God2man. ng, many have developed lust, from lust to sin, from sin to death. God pls. Help us. God2man.
Re: Some Parents Dress Their Kids Irresponsibly by mamagee3(f): 12:00am On Sep 08, 2011
oknee:

U can't give what u don't have. D parents themselves dress indecently.
And that's why they dress their kids to do the same thing.
Re: Some Parents Dress Their Kids Irresponsibly by asadokie: 10:13am On Sep 08, 2011
People say indecent dressing is relative. As such, those parents might not believe that dressing their kids or themselves in some kind of manner is indecent.

A good place to start is the question: "What constitutes indecent dressing"?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee / You Are Superior To Her / His Wife Is Fond Of Recieving Gifts From Male Friends: Is This Normal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.