Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,463 members, 7,808,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

Igbo Member Of Boko Haram Arrested, Bomb Factory Found Print - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Member Of Boko Haram Arrested, Bomb Factory Found Print (6242 Views)

Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. / 33 Suppliers Of Foodstuffs To Boko Haram Arrested (Photos) / Boko Haram Agreed To Swap Chibok Girls With Arrested Bomb Expert — Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Member Of Boko Haram Arrested, Bomb Factory Found Print by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 06, 2011
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/09/06/igbo-member-of-boko-haram-arrested-bomb-factory-found/

Nigeria’s intelligence agency, the State Security Services, SSS said this morning that it has arrested an Igbo Boko Haram member in Suleja, a suburb of Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory.

The 31-year old indigene of Imo State, according to the SSS, converted to Islam in 2003.

SSS also said it uncovered a bomb factory owned by the sect. There have been a series of deadly blasts in Suleja in the past few months.

The agency said the factory is where the bombs that have rocked Suleja town and its environs leading to the death of many victims were assembled.

The intelligence agency also said it has arrested six persons in connection with the bomb making factory, according to a statement signed by its Assistant Director, Public Relations, Marilyn Ogar.

The agency also said it has established that some of the arrested men have links with global terrorist group, al-Qaeda.

SSS, however, did not mention the names of the six suspects, but it said in the statement that the suspects were responsible for the bombing of INEC office in Suleja; bombing of All Christian Fellowship Church in Suleja; and the killing of four policemen at Dakwa-Deidei in the FCT.

The Security agency said the six men will soon be charged to court.

SSS said its investigation was sparked off following the bombings at the INEC office, Suleja on 8 April, 2011 and the All Christian Fellowship Church, Suleja, Niger State on 10 July, 2011.

Here is the SSS statement released this afternoon: “Consequently, on 4th August, 2011, a suspect who is a Nigerienne national, was apprehended in connection with the bombing incident in Suleja. He confessed to his involvement in the bombings as well as his membership of the Boko Haram sect. His confession led to the arrest of a thirty-one (31) year old indigene of Imo State who converted to Islam in 2003.

“The second suspect, who is born of a Nigerienne mother, was brought up in Niger Republic, where he had his early education. He also admitted to being a member of the Boko Haram sect as well as having worked in concert with a third suspect from Kano State to carry out attacks in Suleja.

“Their confessions led to further arrest of two accomplices from Borno State.

“The five (5) suspects all confessed that the main supplier of the explosive materials used for their bombing operations is a miner from Nasarawa State who the Service eventually arrested on 30 August, 2011.

“They also confessed that they took part in the killing of four policemen at a check-point at Dakwa-Deidei in Bwari Area Council of the FCT on 22nd May, 2011.

“Investigation has indeed revealed that the suspects belong to the Boko Haram cell operating in the Suleja-Abuja axis which is under the direction and control of a blood-thirsty Boko Haram leader who is now at large.

“Meanwhile, a nondescript building where the Improvised Explosive Devices (I.E.Ds) are assembled has been uncovered at an area popularly known as Chechnya, Hayin-Uku village in Tafa LGA, Niger State.

“Among items recovered in the merchandize of death are: one gas cylinder, one battery connected to a detonator, two damaged detonators, one locally made revolver, one gun butt, two knives; ten GSM handsets with SIM cards, one ceiling fan coil; two laptop computers, 37 unused metallic oil filters; two metallic filters primed for bombing, two metallic cylinders, one clock connected to a primed bladeless ceiling fan with 9 volts batteries ready for use, some pieces of shrapnel, a Honda Civic car with Borno State registration number AG 94 MNG, 200 pieces of detonators, some detonating cords (red colour); a Sony remote control, five battery chargers; and a black bag containing detonating cables.”
Re: Igbo Member Of Boko Haram Arrested, Bomb Factory Found Print by peckhamboi: 4:25pm On Sep 06, 2011
Why ibos? Why?
Re: Igbo Member Of Boko Haram Arrested, Bomb Factory Found Print by SouthEast2: 4:28pm On Sep 06, 2011
Igbo Boko Haram indeed. I no fit laugh
Re: Igbo Member Of Boko Haram Arrested, Bomb Factory Found Print by ektbear: 4:57pm On Sep 06, 2011
barnabasj:

Nigeria’s intelligence agency, the State Security Services, SSS said this morning that it has arrested an Igbo Boko Haram member in Suleja, a suburb of Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory.

The 31-year old indigene of Imo State, according to the SSS, converted to Islam in 2003.

Hmm

I was joking earlier when I said Igbo Haram. Maybe I shouldn't have. . . .
Re: Igbo Member Of Boko Haram Arrested, Bomb Factory Found Print by PointB: 5:01pm On Sep 06, 2011
^^^

The key word there is converted to Islam in 2003. He probably also lived all his life in the North. Maybe his is another Sambo.  and their hasty news grin grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Member Of Boko Haram Arrested, Bomb Factory Found Print by Chyz2: 5:13pm On Sep 06, 2011
Why did they have to say the man's tribe? An Igbo Boko Haram member. . . 

The article was clearly written by Lamido Sanusi
Re: Igbo Member Of Boko Haram Arrested, Bomb Factory Found Print by dayokanu(m): 5:23pm On Sep 06, 2011
I cant laugh
Re: Igbo Member Of Boko Haram Arrested, Bomb Factory Found Print by htajz: 5:26pm On Sep 06, 2011
Did they really indicate his tribe? I no fit laugh even the news papers are promoting tribalism yeahhhhhhh
Re: Igbo Member Of Boko Haram Arrested, Bomb Factory Found Print by htajz: 5:41pm On Sep 06, 2011
As usual they want to distract gullible southerners from pointing finger at northern elites and incompetent security agencies.
Re: Igbo Member Of Boko Haram Arrested, Bomb Factory Found Print by Rgp92: 5:43pm On Sep 06, 2011
They probably force him to convert to islam and help them build the bomb. Hausa no dey got brain for making bombs cool
Re: Igbo Member Of Boko Haram Arrested, Bomb Factory Found Print by peckhamboi: 5:58pm On Sep 06, 2011
Rgp92:

They probably force him to convert to islam and help them build the bomb. Hausa no dey got brain for making bombs cool

Stop making conjectures and quit blaming Hausa, the fact is he is ibo.
Re: Igbo Member Of Boko Haram Arrested, Bomb Factory Found Print by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:00pm On Sep 06, 2011
[size=18pt]Same papers dat claimed Ojukwu was Dead. I dey laugh ooo. Standard Yoruba Journalism and BOKO HARAM Elite Diversion Strategy. Nice one guys!! [/size] grin grin grin

Nothing money can't buy as far as our military dictators are concerned.
Re: Igbo Member Of Boko Haram Arrested, Bomb Factory Found Print by velo10: 6:01pm On Sep 06, 2011
I really do not want to believe this.
Re: Igbo Member Of Boko Haram Arrested, Bomb Factory Found Print by jason123: 6:02pm On Sep 06, 2011
sad

I no talk am? I was saying this a few days ago before 'they' rained insults on me. Well, this is indeed sad, IF TRUE!
Re: Igbo Member Of Boko Haram Arrested, Bomb Factory Found Print by SouthEast1: 6:06pm On Sep 06, 2011
Article was written by, Oluokun Ayorinde, a Yoruba. So standard Yoruba journalistic anti-Igbo propaganda. Yorubas were the first terrorists in Nigeria. They hijacked a plane filled with fellow Nigerians a few years ago. Then recently a Yoruba bombed Lagos trying to kill a pastor whom he claimed owed him money.
Re: Igbo Member Of Boko Haram Arrested, Bomb Factory Found Print by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:09pm On Sep 06, 2011
South-East:

[size=15pt]Article was written by, Oluokun Ayorinde, a Yoruba.[/size] So standard Yoruba journalistic anti-Igbo propaganda. Yorubas were the first terrorists in Nigeria. They hijacked a plane filled with fellow Nigerians a few years ago. Then recently a Yoruba bombed Lagos trying to kill a pastor whom he claimed owed him money.

[size=18pt]THAT JOURNALIST SHOULD BE INVESTIGATED. WE NEED TO KNOW EXACTLY HOW MUCH THE BOKO HAREM ELITE PAID HIM FOR THIS DIVERSION ARTICLE.[/size]
Re: Igbo Member Of Boko Haram Arrested, Bomb Factory Found Print by aljharem(m): 6:18pm On Sep 06, 2011
See Ideiot.s talking about yoruba jonalist. South east and blessed4lyfs are the biggest mo.rons I have ever seen in life. No lies

Hzat is another munu for blaming the north

What is wrong with this nyamaria okoro people at times . They would always I mean ALWAYS blame someone a tribe or somebody. Bunch of bas.tards

IDE.iots

Can't they be like yoruba or hausa or berom or ijaw or itsekori. This groups don't blame tribes or people but okoro would. Blame like they are perfect. They would not blame their people but others
Re: Igbo Member Of Boko Haram Arrested, Bomb Factory Found Print by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:26pm On Sep 06, 2011
^^ Sharaaap der! Who datch u Anambra??  grin grin This articles make me laugh no be small. I mean no names just tribe.(IGBO) Amateurs! grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Member Of Boko Haram Arrested, Bomb Factory Found Print by aljharem3: 6:40pm On Sep 06, 2011
At sensable posters . I have said it before that this was a NATIONAL ISSUE but u people allowed beaf and his cohort to make it a northern affire

Well I am happy now that the people that insults northerners the most have seen it not a northern issue

Hope we can. All learn our lesson and stop blaming yoruba hausa for everything and treat each other with respect.
Re: Igbo Member Of Boko Haram Arrested, Bomb Factory Found Print by Afam4eva(m): 6:41pm On Sep 06, 2011
The usual suspects have reared their ugly bigoted heads just by the mention of "Igbo". Una no dey. Tire?
Re: Igbo Member Of Boko Haram Arrested, Bomb Factory Found Print by ak47mann(m): 6:58pm On Sep 06, 2011
look how alj haram hw he was so excited cos he saw igbo name cheesy what a joke quick to blame igbos cool
Re: Igbo Member Of Boko Haram Arrested, Bomb Factory Found Print by Abagworo(m): 7:20pm On Sep 06, 2011
I'm very happy about this development because it will go a long way in convincing all these separatists that the problem exists even in their own region.Take Mujaheed Asari Dokubo for example,he is an Ijaw Moslem and has gone for Hajj in Saudi Arabia.I can vough that there are more Igbos and other Southerners in this Boko Haram.So the issue remains fixing our problems as a Nation rather than thinking that seccession is a short cut.
Re: Igbo Member Of Boko Haram Arrested, Bomb Factory Found Print by naijaking1: 7:28pm On Sep 06, 2011
An Igbo man from Imo, who recently converted to Islamic in 2003 The underllining phrase is conversion to Islam. What does Islam teach that makes it such a bod and violent religion. Ethnicity is secondary here.
Re: Igbo Member Of Boko Haram Arrested, Bomb Factory Found Print by naijaking1: 7:29pm On Sep 06, 2011
deleted
Re: Igbo Member Of Boko Haram Arrested, Bomb Factory Found Print by aljharem3: 7:32pm On Sep 06, 2011
Abagworo u are the best. Really God bless u

That is the issue. It is a national problem and not  a regional problem. I hope others can see it from this point of. View.
Re: Igbo Member Of Boko Haram Arrested, Bomb Factory Found Print by htajz: 7:41pm On Sep 06, 2011
alh harem dont get me wrong ,dont you see the hand writting on the wall? just at the point the northern elites are being accused of sponsoring boko harem this article suddenly comes out to distract nigerians while boko harem continues their rampage, lets not be deceived, if an igbo man was involved so what? lets focus on who the main sponsors and and not who the followers that can easily be replaced are.
Re: Igbo Member Of Boko Haram Arrested, Bomb Factory Found Print by dempeople(m): 7:45pm On Sep 06, 2011
There's nothing like igbo boko haram members. I seriously doubt this article. The author is trying seriously to characterise the terror group as also having non-northerners as members.

The other propaganda was that igbos/southerners constitute 60% of investors in Isluamic banking.

We should not take such stories seriously.  All are attempts to characterise such ventures as having national outlooks.
Re: Igbo Member Of Boko Haram Arrested, Bomb Factory Found Print by gidson12(m): 7:56pm On Sep 06, 2011
whats the name of the igbo man, lol, this is poor reporting,
hope this is not a scheme to incite the south and cause disunity down south.
All this junk journalist are worse than the boko haram bombs it self
Re: Igbo Member Of Boko Haram Arrested, Bomb Factory Found Print by jason123: 8:18pm On Sep 06, 2011
gidson12:

[b]hope this is not a scheme to incite the south and cause disunity down south.[\b]

Strong possibility!
Re: Igbo Member Of Boko Haram Arrested, Bomb Factory Found Print by aljharem3: 8:27pm On Sep 06, 2011
htajz:

alh harem dont get me wrong ,dont you see the hand writting on the wall? just at the point the northern elites are being accused of sponsoring boko harem this article suddenly comes out to distract nigerians while boko harem continues their rampage, lets not be deceived, if an igbo man was involved so what? lets focus on who the main sponsors and and not who the followers that can easily be replaced are.

that is what we want to hear. We are all nigerians and we should look at it as a national issue and we should stop all this blame yoruba, blame hausa, blame north, blame igbo etc is ridiculous

Now we know it is a Nigerian problem. how do we fix it?

the boko haram people would like to play ethnic card so as to remove focus on them and that is where WE NIGERIANS NEED TO COME TOGETHER AND FIGHT AGAIN THIS BAS.TARDS THAT ARE DESTORYING OUR COUNTRY

Whether he is hausa, yoruba, igbo kanuri etc that should not matter he should be brought to the books

Boko haram is just playing on the fact that Nigerians are tribaltic and religous bigots and as such people do not focus on the issue at hand

whether he is igbo or not is non of my buisness so long as he is boko haram he is my enemy and that is the way we all should look at it

we all need to learn from abagworo.
Re: Igbo Member Of Boko Haram Arrested, Bomb Factory Found Print by aljharem3: 8:28pm On Sep 06, 2011
gidson12:

hope this is not a scheme to incite the south and cause disunity down south.

what are u talking about
Re: Igbo Member Of Boko Haram Arrested, Bomb Factory Found Print by SouthEast1: 8:38pm On Sep 06, 2011
A stark nonentity like Alj Harem needs no response
That said, folks should remember Sanusi and his:
''Igbo man invested in Sharia Bank''
''Igbo state (Anambra) got a loan from Sharia Bank''
Blah! blah!! Blah!!
Now ''Igbo man is Boko Haram''
Who really is the author of the article, Oluokun Ayorinde? What is his affiliation? What are his antecedents? Was the same story contained in other newspapers?
Who is that Igbo man in BH? What is his name? A muslim or a christian? If a muslim, how did he become one? Was he forced to become a muslim? Was he forced to be a BH man? We need all these variables

These terrorist muslims are looking for straw to clutch on

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

POWER DISTRIBUTION: We Won’t Allow Firm To Operate -Edo, Ekiti, Delta Govtss / 100 African Cities Destroyed By Europeans / Food Prices: PMB Vs GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.