Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,550 members, 7,801,550 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage (27056 Views)

10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage / The Institution Of Marriage Should Be Abolished. Imagine Getting Married To A Bo / Egyptian Woman Divorces After 2 Weeks Of Marriage, Husband Does All The Chores (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by sylve11: 6:35pm On Jan 21, 2023
Ireportlive:
cool

Strange world...

Single girls now love married men better

Hotel, guesthouses , lodges make most of their money from short rest and lodging of cheating partners

Igando magistrate court has more divorce case due to cheating than any other cases including fruad and robbery

grin grin grin cool
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by sylve11: 6:37pm On Jan 21, 2023
jahsharon:

He has mental problems

grin cool
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by Etuagievin(m): 6:37pm On Jan 21, 2023
So bad. Some even do it to the extent of bringing their girlfriends home, flashing it in the eyes of their wives. So poor
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by blackboy(m): 6:42pm On Jan 21, 2023
Guy don't mind your friends or your friends friends. I read somewhere every married man want all men to be married to understand what they are passing through.
Guy, you are forming saint "me I never or is it don't cheat on my partner. " I laugh in Spanish. You never marry and you claim you never cheat on your partner. Why then you no marry her. You love the free sex. You don't like responsibility or stingy. Two wrongs make no right. What you are saying is an open secret. No be only Lagos...
Guy go marry and stop judging others.

1 Like

Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jan 21, 2023
Nazgul:

Men don't sleep with themselves...they do it with women.

These Randy men are slaves to sex, while the girls they're after are slaves to money.

The men believe that once you attain certain level of financial stability legally or illegally, you can bed any girl of your choice. The girls believe that once a man attains certain level of financial stability he's man enough to ask them out. The man works hard to make money, the girl works hard to look more beautiful and sexy.

Both parties meet, the girl takes her money while the man gains access to her body...it's just a transaction with both parties benefiting from each other.

If more ladies embrace hard work and good morals, men would learn self control. Cos if there are no cheap ladies to open their legs for a price, Randy men would have no one to offer cash to.

Here we have It.

I have Nothing to Add.
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jan 21, 2023
Timoleon:
Bro go marry first let’s see how you handle yours. Single man setting standards for married men, no be ment be that?

Werey AlashoπŸ˜‚
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by Backpedal: 7:11pm On Jan 21, 2023
lansile:
You are like me before I married. Used to be so annoyed how my married friends were always in competition with me for any available girls. I used to wonder and thinking I could never do that once God granted my prayers to be married. Soon, after marriage I realized how much of a scam the marriage institution itself is Although, I still hold the believe that our parents weren't like this during their time because for instance I've never for once found my dad in the kitchen cooking food for the family or watch him washing plates or do other chores like I now must or else I want to starve or keep buying food from canteen which is something I was not raised with. To top it all, to express your intention to have sex with your wife is now made to look like wanting to commit crime against her. Just everything you expected to enjoy from marriage is a lie once the wedding is over. If you don't want to divorce now your only option is to seek for sexual pleasure outside.
In conclusion, having extramarital affairs is actually an act of safeguarding the institution of marriage rather than endangering it.

Interesting point

1 Like

Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by GorillaApp(m): 7:15pm On Jan 21, 2023
judedwriter:
A guy rent a single room and occasionally brings girls to sleep with.

I thought this guy was single until I saw him with his wife and son!!

Truly, the institution of marriage has been battered beyond measures....

Worst still, the fear of God is becoming extinct.
Is the wife and child living in the one room?
How did you know it's his family
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by Winnin009: 7:17pm On Jan 21, 2023
Timoleon:
Bro go marry first let’s see how you handle yours. Single man setting standards for married men, no be ment be that?

This angle sef still dey!
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by OLULAW: 7:21pm On Jan 21, 2023
Monogamy is foreign to the traditional African milieu. Prior to the advent of Europeans, when a man is of age, he takes a wife. The more wives he marries, the higher his social standing within his community. The writer's sncient male ancestors were polygamists. In that arrangement, there ia no such thing as cheating.
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by kkins25(m): 7:29pm On Jan 21, 2023
Klass99:

Dude, you just did what my co-worker did. You twisted the narrative to insinuate I must be the problem and the one causing these men to actively step out on their vows and wives. What you did here is also similar to what folks do to victims of sexual assault and rape, they blame the victim and leave the rapist alone.

If you're familiar with my posts you would know that I am not a fan of indecent exposure in dressing. Secondly, a successful relationship with God matters to me more than marriage and kids do, because I want to hear Him say, well done, you can come on in, when my earthly life is over.

So, for that singular reason I am mindful of my speech, conduct and how I generally live. This is not a me problem, it is on them. The article validates my own experience, the fact that your flatmate hasn't had the same experience as mine, doesn't mean I am lying or the cause of other people's poor choices and bad behaviour.

Doesn't this contradict your first point about dressing and conduct? I am a female woman, not a transgendered one. Beautifully created and well endowed (without meaning to sound arrogant) but I don't let that get to my head, neither do I flaunt my wares for public consumption.

I don't need to slap a man in public either to get my point across. The caliber of married men who have chased me exude too much confidence, fine boy-ness and masculinity from head to toes, for me to disrespect them like that. They are not from the streets, neither am I.
You dropped this πŸ‘‘πŸ‘‘πŸ‘‘
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by OLULAW: 7:37pm On Jan 21, 2023
ceaser:
The fallacy of generalisation, I'd say. Not every Nigerian man disrespect the marriage institution. A lot of Nigerian men are actually faithful to their spouses.

Having said that, African marriage is traditionally polygamous, and it is the white man that came here to demonize something that has worked favourably for both the African man and African woman.

They tell us that our polygamous marriages are evil, but they want to impress it upon us to accept their own serial divorce and LGBTQ lifestyle as an ideal lifestyle.

Mbanu!

Thank you.
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by Raxxye(m): 7:49pm On Jan 21, 2023
You don finish?
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by Kajaard: 7:51pm On Jan 21, 2023
Klass99:

Dude, you just did what my co-worker did. You twisted the narrative to insinuate I must be the problem and the one causing these men to actively step out on their vows and wives. What you did here is also similar to what folks do to victims of sexual assault and rape, they blame the victim and leave the rapist alone.

If you're familiar with my posts you would know that I am not a fan of indecent exposure in dressing. Secondly, a successful relationship with God matters to me more than marriage and kids do, because I want to hear Him say, well done, you can come on in, when my earthly life is over.

So, for that singular reason I am mindful of my speech, conduct and how I generally live. This is not a me problem, it is on them. The article validates my own experience, the fact that your flatmate hasn't had the same experience as mine, doesn't mean I am lying or the cause of other people's poor choices and bad behaviour.

Doesn't this contradict your first point about dressing and conduct? I am a female woman, not a transgendered one. Beautifully created and well endowed (without meaning to sound arrogant) but I don't let that get to my head, neither do I flaunt my wares for public consumption.

I don't need to slap a man in public either to get my point across. The caliber of married men who have chased me exude too much confidence, fine boy-ness and masculinity from head to toes, for me to disrespect them like that. They are not from the streets, neither am I.

I admire people that write and articulate their thoughts well. Respect Klass99 πŸ€πŸ‘ŠπŸ’―

1 Like

Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by Raxxye(m): 7:52pm On Jan 21, 2023
Seun:
Written by Shaka Phillip-Jonson

https://twitter.com/beejonson/status/1615880886414614528
You don finish?
You are not married yet you are judging your friends (and they are your age mates) who are married.
Why don't you marry before you come tell us how it is.

1 Like

Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by olab059(m): 7:56pm On Jan 21, 2023
judedwriter:

No. Since he stays afar off, he uses this room atimes to stay for weekdays after work.

But occasionally he sleeps with girls in it.

Okay.
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by Klass99(f): 8:00pm On Jan 21, 2023
😝

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by Kajaard: 8:03pm On Jan 21, 2023
Klass99:

Thank you Kajaard, I am flattered wink. I can't see these new emojis Seu.n added at my end, that everyone is using, why is that?

It's just the emojis you have on your phones keyboards. Seun just activated them. So you can now use them like we do on other social media platforms😎
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by Klass99(f): 8:07pm On Jan 21, 2023
😝
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by kkins25(m): 8:08pm On Jan 21, 2023
Klass99:

You mean three crowns milk? I am a Dano milk girl not three crowns, but I catch your drift wink. Thank you too.
Hahaha. Play on wordsπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ.
The emojis are the regular keyboard ones that you access from your keyboard nd not nairaland.

1 Like

Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by NwaliE01: 8:09pm On Jan 21, 2023
Bros, why you come look like me na?
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by main24(m): 8:11pm On Jan 21, 2023
Klass99:

I am now interested shocked shocked grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by Klass99(f): 8:15pm On Jan 21, 2023
😝

3 Likes

Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by Isabi4lov: 8:25pm On Jan 21, 2023
They won't allow the single ones to rest with "when are you getting married" as if they're even enjoying the marriage πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„ , husbands cheat wives also cheat tueh , everywhere na kposhi kposhi, most of all these side chicks are married women with children.

A woman will be thinking her husband is following single ladies not knowing that the ladies are married women like her with 2 to 3 children, I no wan mention tribe but dem sabi their selves 😌😌😌😌
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by blaise26abj(m): 8:25pm On Jan 21, 2023
Seun:

All the men and he is not abusing Nigerians ? You must be raving mad
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by Isabi4lov: 8:27pm On Jan 21, 2023
undecided
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by owoshuyi(m): 8:29pm On Jan 21, 2023
Respect to you bro

Seun:

Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by okwusdaddy: 8:43pm On Jan 21, 2023
Those people don't care if your married or not infact they even envy your single status as they are very unhappy in thier marriage.
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by PlanktonX: 9:03pm On Jan 21, 2023
PlayMaker14:
Not just Lagosians alone, 64.38% of South West men are notorious cheaters...

My brief stay in Ogun, Ondo, Oyo and Lagos State made me see how those dudes cheat with pride.

And when you try to advise them, they'll rebuke you and tell you to go and get married.

Especially those people in Local government council...aaahhhh..no conscience
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by Kobojunkie: 9:18pm On Jan 21, 2023
okwusdaddy:
Those people don't care if your married or not infact they even envy your single status as they are very unhappy in thier marriage.
But why do they force marriage on themselves, to begin with?

ROFLMAO
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by maasoap(m): 9:19pm On Jan 21, 2023
PlayMaker14:
Not just Lagosians alone, 64.38% of South West men are notorious cheaters...

My brief stay in Ogun, Ondo, Oyo and Lagos State made me see how those dudes cheat with pride.

And when you try to advise them, they'll rebuke you and tell you to go and get married.

And how is it in your region? No be the same region where you put your teenage girls in baby factories? Omo ale

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by maasoap(m): 9:21pm On Jan 21, 2023
Seun:

Shaka, if dem say u are not responsible, it means you are responsible. Period!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Owns Me? / I Become Broke, Frustrated Whenever I Have Sex With My Wife / 5 Ways A Child Can Be Spoilt In A Nigerian Compound House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.