Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,739 members, 7,802,240 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage (27058 Views)

10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage / The Institution Of Marriage Should Be Abolished. Imagine Getting Married To A Bo / Egyptian Woman Divorces After 2 Weeks Of Marriage, Husband Does All The Chores (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by blueAgent(m): 9:22pm On Jan 21, 2023
Gerrard59:
My issue with married men who cheat is when they label their single male friends as irresponsible.

Cheat oh (na you and your wife get problem), but don't label me as irresponsible.

True.
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by maasoap(m): 9:22pm On Jan 21, 2023
blaise26abj:

All the men and he is not abusing Nigerians ? You must be raving mad

You are quoting seun, u wan chop life ban?
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by blueAgent(m): 9:26pm On Jan 21, 2023
Nazgul:

I strongly disagree with this...

There are countless single women I've come across in Lagos who live a decent life without having to succumb to the advances of randy men. I even have one as a flat mate, she goes to work and comes back home everyday without any tale of drama from randy men.

There's a saying that goes thus...a mad man dresses the way he does because of his mindset. If you're getting unnecessary disturbance from irresponsible randy men, then look inwardly, the problem lies within you and not them. They're seeing you as a sex object Maybe because of how you dress, or talk or act.

I've seen girls slap randy men publicly for acting like goats towards them. The reality of the matter is that no man would play the role of a nuisance before you unless you allow him to.

Lol...Even the blind would tell you that hook-up has increased in this our generation. Our actresses openly admits that married men are sweeter.

Girls openly come out to shame broke men even here on Nairaland and boast of how they only date rich and married men. If you're crucifying married men for being randy, isn't it wise to crucify lazy girls for encouraging their randyness by willingly submitting their bodies to them?

My dear, as a woman, men would always come to you. That's the way life was configured. A male chicken would chase his female counterpart, likewise a male goat, dog...etc.

However, the response you give to them determines the kind of girl you are.

Hmm!!!
Wise words.
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by blueAgent(m): 9:27pm On Jan 21, 2023
ceaser:
The fallacy of generalisation, I'd say. Not every Nigerian man disrespect the marriage institution. A lot of Nigerian men are actually faithful to their spouses.

Having said that, African marriage is traditionally polygamous, and it is the white man that came here to demonize something that has worked favourably for both the African man and African woman.

They tell us that our polygamous marriages are evil, but they want to impress it upon us to accept their own serial divorce and LGBTQ lifestyle as an ideal lifestyle.

Mbanu!

Who said the polygamous marriage worked successfully?

1 Like

Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by ceaser: 9:36pm On Jan 21, 2023
Isabi4lov:
They won't allow the single ones to rest with "when are you getting married" as if they're even enjoying the marriage πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„ , husbands cheat wives also cheat tueh , everywhere na kposhi kposhi, most of all these side chicks are married women with children.

A woman will be thinking her husband is following single ladies not knowing that the ladies are married women like her with 2 to 3 children, I no wan mention tribe but dem sabi their selves 😌😌😌😌

If you won't say it, me I will help you loud am.

Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by ceaser: 9:37pm On Jan 21, 2023
maasoap:

And how is it in your region? No be the same region where you put your teenage girls in baby factories? Omo ale

In all fairness to him, he hasn't mentioned any names yet. But I've helped him out though.
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by maasoap(m): 9:49pm On Jan 21, 2023
Klass99:

You made very valid points, however the text in bold cracked me up big time.

Try being a single and hard working woman with a moral compass in Lasgidi, earning a good living through honest means, then you will quickly learn that it is not necessarily about women embracing hard work and good morals. Rather, it is about the randiness, lack of self control and selfish desires of men.

The article/original post didn't lie about the shenanigans of married men in Naija. All the times I have been pursued by married men in Lasgidi I was minding my business and staying in my lane. They love to claim that single ladies are the ones who chase them (which may be true) but that hasn't been my personal experience.

As previously stated, most see single women as their private playground where anything goes. I once confided in a co-worker about the alarming frequency at which married men chase me and she suggested I pray it must be spiritual, if I am mostly attracting married men.

I told her to hold it there! There is nothing spiritual about this and nothing wrong with me either, there is just an unfortunate rise in the number of married men who have no qualms with side chics and exploring their polygamous nature while trampling all over the institution of marriage...... like the article said.

How many times have men told us on this forum that they are polygamous in nature? And you say it's easier to gain access to our bodies than your gender's? Don't make me laugh Naz.

The Main, happy new year. How's your boy CR7 doing these days? Lionel and his team mates shut down Argentina upon their return home, after the World Cup. It was a pleasure to watch.

1. You held your ground because you are independent and self sufficient financially. That's the point of the person you quoted.
2. Are men not polygamous in nature? Even in western countries, men still get around the law of "one man one wife" through the round tripping of divorce and remarried.

1 Like

Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by maasoap(m): 9:54pm On Jan 21, 2023
Timoleon:
Bro go marry first let’s see how you handle yours. Single man setting standards for married men, no be ment be that?

Lol. From a man who is afraid of marriage for only God knows reason. grin grin grin
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by Isabi4lov: 9:54pm On Jan 21, 2023
ceaser:

If you won't say it, me I will help you loud am.
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£ abeg leave me alone
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by maasoap(m): 10:05pm On Jan 21, 2023
franchasng:
Dear Op, this is a global menace, the only thing stopping European, American, some Asian men from exhibiting their dog nature is their laws and their divorce law that favor women most times.

Go to any country in Africa, the most randy men are the European, American, Canadian, Asian expatriates who came to Africa to work without their spouses. When they arrive Africa or migrate outside their countries in Europe, America, etc, they feel so free that they go on rampage with women.

White expatriates are the highest patronizers of hawwkers in Africa.

But in Nigeria, the laws are weak, all thanks to confused system of government being practiced in Nigeria which mixes Islamic doctrines with Christianity and Traditional laws, causing huge confusion in Nigeria.

Don't blame Nigerians.

Generally all man (female and male) are sexually bankrupt by nature, women are only gifted with a higher self control for sex which makes them withhold their sexual fantasies until they come across the man of their dreams

Lol. One positive side to the confusion, at least it gives us freedom to roam freely grin grin grin
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by maasoap(m): 10:11pm On Jan 21, 2023
blueAgent:

Who said the polygamous marriage worked successfully?

It did and still does. Is polygamy not better than these rich married men using our evening newspapers as side chics?
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by Klass99(f): 10:13pm On Jan 21, 2023
😝

3 Likes

Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by blueAgent(m): 10:19pm On Jan 21, 2023
maasoap:

It did and still does. Is polygamy not better than these rich married men using our evening newspapers as side chics?

You think polygamy stopped infidelity?

1 Like

Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by maasoap(m): 10:26pm On Jan 21, 2023
Klass99:

why is it so hard for you men to accept a truthful narrative without twisting and turning it on its head, to suit the narrative you people want or prefer instead?

You claim I didn't succumb because I am financially independent and self sufficient (you forgot to add my moral compass by the way) the other guy claimed it is my dressing, speech and conduct that brings these men my way.

It could be that in your case. But you can't denying the fact that many ladies play along because of the gratification that comes with it and they might probably need it unlike you who have means.

The simple and honest narrative here is that, without any effort on my part, jazz or seduction, they come because it is a personal choice they make, they like the thrill of the chase and like you men claim.....you cannot eat only egusi soup for life na.

I didn't defend that because that's the truth.

How many times have NL men claimed working class ladies like me are the worse and coded oloshos, who sleep around with men for money,

Don't commit error of generalisation. Some men think that here doesn't all men believe the same.

in spite of our earning power. Now you claim it is my financial power that stops me from succumbing. Can you guys take a stand already?

Speak for yourself. You should know better than this after watching and reading stuff on social media.

A man wrote the original article, another man shared the article on NL. I come forward to say the article echoes/validates my personal experience and now you all have a problem with my experience and want to suggest A, B and C in my case.

Poco was right, you men know the truth, you just hate to hear it from women.

Sorry, it is called differing opinions and different perspectives

1 Like

Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by maasoap(m): 10:27pm On Jan 21, 2023
blueAgent:

You think polygamy stopped infidelity?

It gives some excess a home.
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by LeopardX: 10:36pm On Jan 21, 2023
Hassanmaye:

Even me I will marry because of pressure but after that I will Flex
Lol πŸ˜‚ grin
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by PlayMaker14: 11:22pm On Jan 21, 2023
maasoap:

And how is it in your region? No be the same region where you put your teenage girls in baby factories? Omo ale
OdΓ© of the highest order, if you're one of the irresponsible community dick that is messing your life away with little girls, put an end to it.

Omo ale

1 Like

Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by blueAgent(m): 12:15am On Jan 22, 2023
maasoap:

Really.

The reason behind polygamy itself is lust.

2 Likes

Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by Eviana(f): 12:48am On Jan 22, 2023
From an outsider looking in, I've said it before---"mated not matched"....
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by tradepunter: 2:01am On Jan 22, 2023
DaddyFreeze2020:

Stop tagging a whole State in Nigeria for the misdeeds of 1 or 2 persons.

Omo it's fking worst in Lagos...

I thought Abuja was bad but LAGOS IS DISGUSTING WITH SHAMELESS MEN WOMEN....

a shameless man rod his ranger rover in front of us and picked up a young girl that I will tag a jambbite......

Or is it the bars venture to in the afternoons and see young teens with older men drinking and eating....

At least Abuja men will get shame and hide it.... But Lagos they don't

Or is it the keke riders in most estates on the Lagos island that sleep with secondary school girls??

Omo it's worst in Lagos..... Sodom and Gomorrah

1 Like

Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by cococandy(f): 3:51am On Jan 22, 2023
Yea blame it on women
Nazgul:

Men don't sleep with themselves...they do it with women.

These Randy men are slaves to sex, while the girls they're after are slaves to money.

The men believe that once you attain certain level of financial stability legally or illegally, you can bed any girl of your choice. The girls believe that once a man attains certain level of financial stability he's man enough to ask them out. The man works hard to make money, the girl works hard to look more beautiful and sexy.

Both parties meet, the girl takes her money while the man gains access to her body...it's just a transaction with both parties benefiting from each other.

If more ladies embrace hard work and good morals, men would learn self control. Cos if there are no cheap ladies to open their legs for a price, Randy men would have no one to offer cash to.

2 Likes

Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by cococandy(f): 3:52am On Jan 22, 2023
maasoap:

there’s no excess of women. It’s approximately 50/50

Y’all are just sharing each other’s women

1 Like

Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by delishpot: 6:10am On Jan 22, 2023
Nigerian men are worthless pos where fidelity is concerned.
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by delishpot: 6:15am On Jan 22, 2023
maasoap:

You must be the stupidest man to ever live if you think men with multiple wives still don't carry side chicks or engage in quickies with random girls. Polygamy when forced on a woman is abuse against women and so it is. The only acceptable polygamy is if your first wife is the one who wholeheartedly brings you a woman (not because she noticed you stopped coming home because of your new sugar girl) and that woman must wholeheartedly accept. Not because you flash money at her desperation.

3 Likes

Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by nick50(m): 6:30am On Jan 22, 2023
Yoruba men and women are the reason why the word infidelity was written in the dictionary..here in lagos it's very rare to see a yoruba wedding taking place instead after getting a yoruba lady pregnant the next tin na to organise a child dedication party..op please don't be confused not every man and woman living together are legally married..na baby mama stuff dey reign for here..most of yoruba musicians, actors and politicians are eighter a product of baby mama or that they have baby mama too..even Bobo Chicago that is aspiring to govern Nigeria doesn't have a father, David,wizkid and Co have an average of 4/5 baby mamas ..that's yoruba culture 4 u

1 Like

Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by emmaodet: 7:24am On Jan 22, 2023
PlayMaker14:
Not just Lagosians alone, 64.38% of South West men are notorious cheaters...

My brief stay in Ogun, Ondo, Oyo and Lagos State made me see how those dudes cheat with pride.

And when you try to advise them, they'll rebuke you and tell you to go and get married.

grin

This table wey u dey shake so, plenty people dey on top am oo

1 Like

Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by emmaodet: 7:31am On Jan 22, 2023
judedwriter:
A guy rent a single room and occasionally brings girls to sleep with.

I thought this guy was single until I saw him with his wife and son!!

Truly, the institution of marriage has been battered beyond measures....

Worst still, the fear of God is becoming extinct.

It is the effect of break down in religion.
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by emmaodet: 7:44am On Jan 22, 2023
Timoleon:
Bro go marry first let’s see how you handle yours. Single man setting standards for married men, no be ment be that?

No mind am.
Useless boy wey dey very irresponsible.
He no wan marry make himself no cast.
Abi no be the person wey I dey see for the picture dey use ear ring like yahooboys wey dey club well well?
Oloriburuku
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by emmaodet: 7:53am On Jan 22, 2023
franchasng:
Dear Op, this is a global menace, the only thing stopping European, American, some Asian men from exhibiting their dog nature is their laws and their divorce law that favor women most times.

Go to any country in Africa, the most randy men are the European, American, Canadian, Asian expatriates who came to Africa to work without their spouses. When they arrive Africa or migrate outside their countries in Europe, America, etc, they feel so free that they go on rampage with women.

White expatriates are the highest patronizers of hawwkers in Africa.

But in Nigeria, the laws are weak, all thanks to confused system of government being practiced in Nigeria which mixes Islamic doctrines with Christianity and Traditional laws, causing huge confusion in Nigeria.

Don't blame Nigerians.

Generally all man (female and male) are sexually bankrupt by nature, women are only gifted with a higher self control for sex which makes them withhold their sexual fantasies until they come across the man of their dreams

Gbam!!!!!

If you see how experts/ whites are banging Nigerian girls heeyyyyy, shame go catch you bro.
Come and see sex orgies onboard with oyinbos.
Hmmmmmm

Like blue film
Oyinbo wey dey collect $350/day and decides to spend $200 on women which is about 150k, 50k per girls per night.
These ladies literally do everything for the whites. Sodom and Gomorrah onboard

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by franchasng: 8:06am On Jan 22, 2023
emmaodet:

Gbam!!!!!

If you see how experts/ whites are banging Nigerian girls heeyyyyy, shame go catch you bro.
Come and see sex orgies onboard with oyinbos.
Hmmmmmm

Like blue film
Oyinbo wey dey collect $350/day and decides to spend $200 on women which is about 150k, 50k per girls per night.
These ladies literally do everything for the whites. Sodom and Gomorrah onboard
Its not a secret, its an open secret for anybody that cares to know of course

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by ajakuai(m): 8:14am On Jan 22, 2023
That's how our landlord's first son's wife was always making love with one tenant in his room when her husband goes to his workplace in island.

Free knacking for the boy both bathroom and general kitchen at night.

The woman later got impregnated by another man while living under her husband's roof. She left her five children with her husband.

Another neghbour's wife in thesame coumpand started knacking around too.
Ranaway from her husband to Agopalace where she stayed with her olosho friends.

She called and told me she had an eye on me ever since but because she was with her husband that's why she couldn't tell me. She came visiting me in my new place two months ago and I gave it to her as she so desire.

A very chubby woman with big backside to burry your d*ck with doggy.

Lagos marriage na wa!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by Porksupplyib: 8:48am On Jan 22, 2023
lansile:
You are like me before I married. Used to be so annoyed how my married friends were always in competition with me for any available girls. I used to wonder and thinking I could never do that once God granted my prayers to be married. Soon, after marriage I realized how much of a scam the marriage institution itself is Although, I still hold the believe that our parents weren't like this during their time because for instance I've never for once found my dad in the kitchen cooking food for the family or watch him washing plates or do other chores like I now must or else I want to starve or keep buying food from canteen which is something I was not raised with. To top it all, to express your intention to have sex with your wife is now made to look like wanting to commit crime against her. Just everything you expected to enjoy from marriage is a lie once the wedding is over. If you don't want to divorce now your only option is to seek for sexual pleasure outside.
In conclusion, having extramarital affairs is actually an act of safeguarding the institution of marriage rather than endangering it.

".....Having extramarital affair is actually an act of safeguarding the institution of marriage rather than endangering it"πŸ˜„

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Owns Me? / I Become Broke, Frustrated Whenever I Have Sex With My Wife / 5 Ways A Child Can Be Spoilt In A Nigerian Compound House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.