Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

Please What Action Should I Take On This Issue - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please What Action Should I Take On This Issue (686 Views)

Please I Need People Advice Over This Issue / Should I Take Back An Adulterous Wife Because Of The Expensive Bride Price? / How Can I Handle This Issue With The Wife Of My Boss? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please What Action Should I Take On This Issue by Meektunz: 7:23am On Jan 24, 2023
A neighbour of mine whom we stay in the same compound borrowed 30k from me on the 3rd of January, 2023 with the promise to pay back that same week. Before i knew it, that week passed but he didn't pay back, he even kept quiet as if nothing happened. After 3 weeks i decided to ask him about the money two days ago(Sunday), telling him i'll be making use of the money on Tuesday which is today, He then promised to rally round and raise the money yesterday. I waited on him but still didn't hear anything from him again, not even a call knowing fully well i'll be using the money today. The funny thing is that his wife came and borrowed just 1 thousand naira from me through my wife last week friday promising to pay back that same day too but till today she has also not payed, she just kept telling my wife please today, tomorrow, next tomorrow and so on, that's just the language.

Please guys what action should I take? Now i see why alot of people do not help no matter what.
Honestly, I didn't give him out of abundance of having, but for the value of friendship. There was a time he borrowed just 3k from me, he took alot of time before paying back.
Re: Please What Action Should I Take On This Issue by olasaad(f): 7:34am On Jan 24, 2023
Go and knock his door now now now and ask for your money. He might not give you today or this week but never loss guard because if you do you will not get your 30k completely again.

2 Likes

Re: Please What Action Should I Take On This Issue by AbdulAffiliate(m): 7:37am On Jan 24, 2023
Ok
Re: Please What Action Should I Take On This Issue by Meektunz: 7:40am On Jan 24, 2023
olasaad:
Go and knock his door now now now and ask for your money. He might not give you today or this week but never loss guard because if you do you will not get your 30k completely again.
He has gone to work already sincerely the thing is very very annoying. I just wish you could see my heart.
Re: Please What Action Should I Take On This Issue by Romanoff(f): 7:41am On Jan 24, 2023
After this experience, learn this lesson below that I learned from my father.

"Never borrow out money that you can't afford to forgive or let go of".

One thing about finance I learned from my husband is "a borrower who doesn't pay you back isn't a problem to you, at least they know they can't come back and borrow from you again and you will have reason to not borrow them again. The bigger problem is the faithful borrower who always pays on time, they will always keep coming back to borrow and you'd have no reason to say no to them".

If you can, just forget the money, he won't have the guts to come back and borrow from you again. If he does, direct him to his bank.

1 Like

Re: Please What Action Should I Take On This Issue by Meektunz: 7:49am On Jan 24, 2023
Romanoff:
After this experience, learn this lesson below that I learned from my father.

"Never borrow out money that you can't afford to forgive or let go of".

One thing about finance I learned from my husband is "a borrower who doesn't pay you back isn't a problem to you, at least they know they can't come back and borrow from you again and you will have reason to not borrow them again. The bigger problem is the faithful borrower who always pays on time, they will always keep coming back to borrow and you'd have no reason to say no to them".

If you can, just forget the money, he won't have the guts to come back and borrow from you again. If he does, direct him to his bank.
honestly I really wanna use that money for my house rent to give the landlord. The funny thing is that he and his wife work but i and my wife are still job hunting. You're very right cos if I had my way i'll have left him to his consience with the money.
Re: Please What Action Should I Take On This Issue by Wawelexy(m): 7:55am On Jan 24, 2023
Country hard, please give him some more time, but keep asking for your money so he can hasten up in getting for you soon...
Re: Please What Action Should I Take On This Issue by Jennyclay(f): 7:56am On Jan 24, 2023
Meektunz:
Honestly, I didn't give him out of abundance of having, but for the value of friendship. There was a time he borrowed just 3k from me, he took alot of time before paying back
The bolded: it took a long time for him to pay back just 3k he borrowed, and that didn't teach you a lesson undecided. You still went ahead to borrow him 30k. I think you gave him out of abundance. Biko, allow him to pay whenever he has the money. Don't drag him!

I only borrow nigerians money that I can forfeit. Take for instance, you ask me for 10k, I will give you just 2k even though I've the whole 10k resting in my account.

The most annoying thing with Nigerians is that.... If you drag them too much for your own money, they would fight you and tell you to do your worse, that they won't pay!

Nigerians are terrible people! Shior!

3 Likes

Re: Please What Action Should I Take On This Issue by Meektunz: 8:07am On Jan 24, 2023
Jennyclay:

The bolded: it took a long time for him to pay back just 3k he borrowed, and that didn't teach you a lesson undecided. You still went to borrow him 30k. I think you gave him out of abundance. Biko, allow him to pay whenever he has the money. Don't drag him!

I only borrow nigerians money that I can forfeit. Take for instance, you ask me for 10k, I will give just 2k even though I've the whole 10k resting in my account.
You are very right because I saw the red flag and didn't take it serious. Right now I am being patient because i don't want to embarrass him or have other neighbours hear us but honestly he is pushing me.
Re: Please What Action Should I Take On This Issue by Romanoff(f): 8:39am On Jan 24, 2023
Meektunz:
honestly I really wanna use that money for my house rent to give the landlord. The funny thing is that he and his wife work but i and my work are still job hunting. But you're very right cos if I had my way i'll have left him to his consience with the money.

You shouldn't have borrowed him from your rent money.

You only borrow people from spare money.

3 Likes

Re: Please What Action Should I Take On This Issue by dobnina(f): 8:41am On Jan 24, 2023
Meektunz:
A neighbour of mine whom we stay in the same compound borrowed 30k from me on the 3rd of January, 2023 with the promise to pay back that same week. Before i knew it, that week passed but he didn't pay back, he even kept quiet as if nothing happened. After 3 weeks i decided to ask him about the money two days ago(Sunday), telling him i'll be making use of the money on Tuesday which is today, He then promised to rally round and raise the money yesterday. I waited on him but still didn't hear anything from him again, not even a call knowing fully well i'll be using the money today. The funny thing is that his wife came and borrowed just 1 thousand naira from me through my wife last week friday promising to pay back that same day too but till today she has also not payed, she just kept telling my wife please today, tomorrow, next tomorrow and so on, that's just the language.

Please guys what action should I take? Now i see why alot of people do not help no matter what.
Honestly, I didn't give him out of abundance of having, but for the value of friendship. There was a time he borrowed just 3k from me, he took alot of time before paying back.
Op, you are still naive.
You have forgotten the rule of "Don't borrow anyone money that you can't afford to lose".
If someone asks you for 10k, dash them 2k that you can afford and say bye bye.

There is nothing you can do in this case than to continue disturbing him and hope God touches his heart so he can pay the money.
If you can let go of the money for your own sanity, pls do cos there is a 90% chance that he won't pay back.
He and his wife already sees you as a maga and you fell for it.
Take this as a lesson and harden your heart.
Re: Please What Action Should I Take On This Issue by ikeno(m): 9:44am On Jan 24, 2023
When it comes to borrowing money,I just don't know how to say "I don't have" and most times the borrower will not refund me.🤔

You just have to keep disturbing him.

1 Like

Re: Please What Action Should I Take On This Issue by dayleke: 11:04am On Jan 24, 2023
Meektunz:
A neighbour of mine whom we .................

This is the reason why you should not have borrowed him the money.
He already gave you a heads up.

No 1 rule; never lend out what you can not afford to lose. If it was 5k you could afford to lose, you should have given him 5k and tell him that's all you have.
Some pples no get shame.
You will even be surprised that he has that money but just taking you for a ride until you forget it.

If you go ask him now and the whole neighborhood intervene, you go see him change am for say "No be only 30k?"

Na you value the friendship o, im no send you. embarassed
Re: Please What Action Should I Take On This Issue by dayleke: 11:10am On Jan 24, 2023
Meektunz:
He has gone to work already sincerely the thing is very very annoying. I just wish you could see my heart.

Sorry bro..
Re: Please What Action Should I Take On This Issue by dayleke: 11:14am On Jan 24, 2023
Jennyclay:

The bolded: it took a long time for him to pay back just 3k he borrowed, and that didn't teach you a lesson undecided. You still went ahead to borrow him 30k. I think you gave him out of abundance. Biko, allow him to pay whenever he has the money. Don't drag him!

I only borrow nigerians money that I can forfeit. Take for instance, you ask me for 10k, I will give you just 2k even though I've the whole 10k resting in my account.

The most annoying thing with Nigerians is that.... If you drag them too much for your own money, they would fight you and tell you to do your worse, that they won't pay!

Nigerians are terrible people! Shior!

embarassed
Re: Please What Action Should I Take On This Issue by anthonyuncle(m): 7:52am On Jan 25, 2023
things might be difficult for that guy right now, but it's obvious that he is not good in repaying debt
Re: Please What Action Should I Take On This Issue by sisisioge: 11:40am On Jan 25, 2023
Broda borrow borrow....better dey look until he pays, if ever. The family is obviously struggling and probably dont have a means of repaying. As a lender, you should learn to lend people only money you're capable of letting go. Good luck fa. Thank God it's only 31k.
Re: Please What Action Should I Take On This Issue by Richy4(m): 12:30pm On Jan 25, 2023
I can't lend a friend money that I know, I cannot let go... I learnt that right from secondary school living in dormitory ...

People do disappoint...ALOT.. If they come with a sub story of how they wanted 30k that bla bla bla happened,

I will say sorry I have only 5k to spare...This is bad timing please look elsewhere to complete it...Eventually, if he/ she gives back fine if not cool...Do not give substantial amount without a prove that the person will pay back...

There's nothing you can do for now in my opinion... he doesn't have means he doesn't have..
Re: Please What Action Should I Take On This Issue by Godwin4444: 1:59pm On Jan 25, 2023
Meektunz:

y borrow people your money?

The best way to make people see u as an enemy is to borrow them money

I don learn my lesson
Re: Please What Action Should I Take On This Issue by nicerod(m): 2:05pm On Jan 25, 2023
grin grin

U get plenty money na why u dey borrow person .

Give what u can afford to lose

Re: Please What Action Should I Take On This Issue by akube34: 2:12pm On Jan 25, 2023
Meektunz:

u didn’t learn your lesson when you borrowed him 3k. You still gave him 30k. If you are a first time borrower, I use the money to test you. If you default, sorry for your self

(1) (Reply)

What Is The One Thing That Makes You Happy In Present Day Nigeria / Nigerian Man Kill His Wife In USA - My Defence For The Late Wife / How Can A Woman Develop Her Full Potentials To Help Bring The Marriage To Succe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.