Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,361 members, 7,808,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos (30533 Views)

Aminu Dantata: I Am Just Waiting For My Time, I No Longer Enjoy Life / The Dantata/Dangote Story: How To Create A Dynasty Of Billionaires (2020) / Sayyu Dantata Flying His $2m Helicopter To His Office (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by damkin24(m): 9:48am On Jan 25, 2023
DMerciful:
The more Lagos industrialize, the more Yoruba lose Lagos. You guys nor know whats going on. Very soon you wont be able to build a house irrespective whether you're an indigene or not
Carry your negativity away. Just because you don't have such development in your region you started spewing rubbish

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by Philistine(m): 9:48am On Jan 25, 2023
DMerciful:
The more Lagos industrialize, the more Yoruba lose Lagos. You guys nor know whats going on. Very soon you wont be able to build a house irrespective whether you're an indigene or not
How can they lose what they never own? Yorubas are not indigenious to Lagos

1 Like

Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by RealityGod: 9:50am On Jan 25, 2023
QuotaSystem:
You would wonder why Asari Dokubo, Tompolo and the remaining “awa oyel” gang didn’t invest their billions in similar ventures since the raw material is in their backyard and they’re already bunkering it….instead preferring violence, pipeline security and building universities in Benin Republic.

Why wonder? What is not given to you is not given to you. Next, the current ecosystem favours the North and at the moment no government can clamp down on any northerners business irrespective of their political affiliation.
Finally, this guys didn’t make this money for their people, they made it for themselves. Else, why not use the money and promote human and infrastructural development. Wealth they can never finish neither would their children be able to finish, so why not share small for your people.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by Justiceleague1: 9:52am On Jan 25, 2023
Just take a look at posts on this thread and see how useless and empty the mindset of Nigerians are!!!!

Are Nigerians cursed?
What kinda people are these!!!

Dantata establishes something in Lagos just like the are other establishments in Lagos and see tribalists everywhere with their pin size brains measuring their equally pin size dkkks they use in doing their warped thinking!!!!!

Take a look at the front page comment!!!! Even the op is also 2nd commenter in disguise!!!!
The elites have really turned you all to kolo mental.
What a shame!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by zinizta: 9:53am On Jan 25, 2023
DMerciful:
People originally from Lagos are less than 5% just like the indigenous people of Canada. Lagos now belongs to all Nigerians equally. Just like California, Lagos will get so expensive,
indigenes will be forelced to stay on outskirts

That 5% which i think is grossly underestimated rules Lagos. One morning, we will all wake up to a new land use law that will make C of O up for renewal and part criteria will be you have to be an indigene.

Most of the tribal hoodlums underestimate the power of laws and incumbent government.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by greypencils: 9:53am On Jan 25, 2023
Common sense. With Dangote's refinery comes a lot of by-products other than petrol. Anyone with connections to Dangote will prevail on him to deal in any of the byproducts. A plastic producing factory will spring up soon in that axis by another of Dangote's friends.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by zinizta: 9:54am On Jan 25, 2023
greypencils:
Common sense. With Dangote's refinery comes a lot of by-products other than petrol. Anyone with connections to Dangote will prevail on him to deal in any of the byproducts. A plastic producing factory will spring up soon in that axis by another of Dangote's friends.

Exactly my thought, bro

1 Like

Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by DMerciful(m): 9:54am On Jan 25, 2023
You're not from Lagos, speaking Yoruba doesn't make you a Lagosian!
zinizta:

That 5% which i think is grossly underestimated rules Lagos. One morning, we will all wake up to a new land use law that will make C of C up for renewal and part criteria will be you have to be an indigene.

Most of the tribal hoodlums underestimate the power of laws and incumbent government.
Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by Blazebond(m): 9:54am On Jan 25, 2023
Na something like this jowi zaza get o when he take dey disturb social media up and down.
Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by oyebanji(m): 9:54am On Jan 25, 2023

5 Likes

Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by Cfc4life(m): 9:55am On Jan 25, 2023
You will receive a surprise miracle! Type "Amen" and watch this important message:
https://www.youtube.com/@compassdaddycomedy9148
Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by zinizta: 9:55am On Jan 25, 2023
ElSudani:

This is straight up one of the dumbest comments I have ever seen on Nairaland. Hate can truly make people lose their senses.
No amount of industrialization will remove Yoruba from Lagos, it just won't happen.

You get time.

It is pure sensationalism.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by JohnnA1: 9:55am On Jan 25, 2023
DMerciful:
Gradually you become a minority
NO! YOU IGBO'S are already minorities politically and economically.
The Yoruba's are too sagacious and intelligent enough to be schemed out of things in this country, especially on their land.
While you IGBOS are too destructive and chaotic to create the enabling environment for development in your region.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by omonnakoda: 9:55am On Jan 25, 2023
DMerciful:
it is what it is
Your hatred is uncontainable

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by DMerciful(m): 9:56am On Jan 25, 2023
I just dey laugh you. Many of you are nobodys in Lagos, come online talking trash because you can speak Yoruba. Do you own a house or business in Lagos
damkin24:

Carry your negativity away. Just because you don't have such development in your region you started spewing rubbish
Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by zinizta: 9:56am On Jan 25, 2023
DMerciful:
You're not from Lagos, speaking Yoruba doesn't make you a Lagosian!

Did i say i am?

How did you arrive at that conclusion?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by omonnakoda: 9:57am On Jan 25, 2023
ElSudani:

This is straight up one of the dumbest comments I have ever seen on Nairaland. Hate can truly make people lose their senses.
No amount of industrialization will remove Yoruba from Lagos, it just won't happen.
Very bitter and hateful guy
I don't know why he doesn't put all that energy into Onitsha affairs

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by Ameoba300: 9:57am On Jan 25, 2023
QuotaSystem:
Kudos to Sayyu Dantata. Another feather to his cap.

With Tinubu at the wheels…
and Dangote, Adenuga, Dantata, Otedola captaining the oil economy…

And the millions of innovative, intelligent and patriotic Nigerian youths and farmers developing the non-oil sector of the economy…

I can say the future of Nigeria is bright 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

Strive, so your own family name will also be included.
Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by DMerciful(m): 9:59am On Jan 25, 2023
You know its the truth. Even you from Lagos has been displaced from producing the governor since 1999. Tinubu from Osun, Fashola from Ekiti, Ambode from Ondo, Sanwo-Olu from Ogun...Jimi Agbaje from Lagos rejected, Jandor is from Lagos...lets see if he'd
be rejected.

You console yourself that any Yoruba can.be governor, why indigene of Lagos never be Ekiti or Oyo governor?
omonnakoda:
it is what it is
Your hatred is uncontainable
Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by Neoteny7: 9:59am On Jan 25, 2023
skj1377:
Nothing like that Oga. It's pure political patronage enabled business. Cheap dollars are made available to the Fulani business man as well as other federal assistance. Just wait till Peter obi does 8 good Years as president of Nigeria almost every other Ibo business man will have 2 refineries in all states Of The federation. Have you ever seen a Fulani or Hausa man do serious business? It's always selling currency, food or petrol etc. They don't know calculation that is why

I guess the richest man in Africa, Dangote, isn't a serious business man then....or Abdulsamad Rabiu of BUA Group who is likely the second richest man, or the Dantatas...or this MRS guy.

Funny how mere importers and traders (of mostly counterfeit goods and drugs) think they're real business people.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by Minjim: 10:00am On Jan 25, 2023
Soon living in Lagos will only be for the affluent.

That hy I'm struggling I build my house in Lagos before it becomes impossible
Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by Minjim: 10:03am On Jan 25, 2023
ahiboilandgas:
ipob crew come and see the silent developers ! Not some 2 by 2 shop traders na we develop Lagos without us Lagos will collapse ! We are moving to biafra

Ojigbijigbi

We no go free.
We will not buy BUA cement again

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by efeski(m): 10:04am On Jan 25, 2023
DMerciful:
It was developed 100% by Nigerian resources esp SS!

Your claim of 100% is not true mon ami.
There's lots of investments owned by private individuals. Do your research.
When it was the seat of government back then before IBB moved it to FCT I agree that alot development can be ascribed to that fact but that was years ago.

Lagos has a lot of factors that still make it attractive for non indigenes to settle there and thrive. That this translates to rapid development and industrialization over time does not mean they should claim ownership of the state.

Stop this false narrative already.

Once upon a time Warri used to be very peaceful and had a booming economy.
Then youth restiveness reared its ugly head and most oil companies have relocated to other states.
Today all the youths engage in either keke or Yahoo or pastor jobs

Today insecurity is ravaging the east.
I need not mention book haram.

Point is, no one will willingly want to do business in an environment that's not conducive and where his investment is constantly under threat

5 Likes

Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by Jogs1900: 10:04am On Jan 25, 2023
ahiboilandgas:
ipob crew come and see the silent developers ! Not some 2 by 2 shop traders na we develop Lagos without us Lagos will collapse ! We are moving to biafra
That's what they don't know...The tax public servant workers pay is more than what 2 by 2 shops pay...The tax all these shoo owners pay is not more than 20k in a year whereas a public servant earning 200k a month pays almost 20k as payee monthly.....I know what I'm saying...I challenge any shop owner that pays more than this amount to show us evidence on this platform.The Hausas have been doing business in Lagos for centuries before Igbos discovered there is somewhere called Lagos yet they don't brag about it..Smh

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by ajoo17(m): 10:08am On Jan 25, 2023
We should be faithful to ourselves for once. Somebody started a company in Lagos. Bravo right!!! How does that build up the people? I was expecting some statistics to come out from here like the company will provide a certain numbers of jobs to Nigerians? Don't be too surprised if they are fully occupied by Indians or Chinese. Again, I think with that company coming up, I will here that the price of lubricant will now be cheaper by certain percentage or reduction in price, then we will say, good for us but without that, it is exercise in futility. They are just making money for themselves and themselves alone. I think it is high time we began to hold each of them accountable and also the media including Nairaland. Which way Nigerian, we should wise up. Thank you.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by gfelo(m): 10:10am On Jan 25, 2023
we never had abt this b4 o, good one there, God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by Ghidey(m): 10:10am On Jan 25, 2023
DMerciful:

This shows your level of thinking. Because you want to build house now factories should not be built. And you are part of leaders of tommorow.
So if you were the governor of Lagos state you wont allow factories because you want to build mansion.
Have you ever seen industrial nations that don't have a place for citizens to live? I pity for the next generation.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by DMerciful(m): 10:10am On Jan 25, 2023
Lagos was capital from 1914 to 1990. Major infrastructures, embasies, headquarters of co.panies were established there, major roads and bridges built from Niger Delta oil as well as allocations.

If Yorubas built Lagos, why have they not replicated it in other Yoruba states?

Nigerians built Lagos and it belongs equally to all Nigerians. Proximity is favouring Yorubas to havr voting majority
efeski:

Your claim of 100% is not true mon ami.
There's lots of investments owned by private individuals. Do your research.
When it was the seat of government back then before IBB moved it to FCT I agree that alot development can be ascribed to that fact but that was years ago.

Lagos has a lot of factors that still make it attractive for non indigenes to settle there and thrive. That this translates to rapid development and industrialization over time does not mean they should claim ownership of the state.

Stop this false narrative already.

Once upon a time Warri used to be very peaceful and had a booming economy.
Then youth restiveness reared its ugly head and most oil companies have relocated to other states.
Today all the youths engage in either keke or Yahoo or pastor jobs

Today insecurity is ravaging the east.
I need not mention book haram.

Point is, no one will willingly want to do business in an environment that's not conducive and where his investment is constantly under threat
Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by ahiboilandgas: 10:11am On Jan 25, 2023
Enwhen:

IPOB are criminals fighting a just course in the wrong way.
You can't take it away from the Igbos , God has blessed them with that ...Sayyu is from the Dantata's , their biz is govt backed , infact most northerners biz r govt Backed , right from Abdusalmad Rabiu, Dangote , Dantata , Ibeto...and I always give it to Otedola , Adenuga , Arthur Eze, Jim Ovia, Elumelu's , Ife's ...Jide ofor...
big mouth .Arthur eze first contract was to build CTV kano .

3 Likes

Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by tollyboy5(m): 10:11am On Jan 25, 2023
Q
Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by Justmesagi: 10:11am On Jan 25, 2023
SouthSouth1914:

This is a shitty and unreasonable response from you. Go back to history classes and read to understand. The military government (Northern dominated), come back to the civilian government (Northern dominated).

When are you are done with history classes and have your passmark, come back here and engage in a clear cut discussion. For now, bye!
You don't have to be aggressive because someone differs from your view. It's uncivilized.

Stop obfuscating or muddling up issue. Go straight to the point if you really know what you are saying.

Apart from looting and stacking our money into foreign banks, which one of our Northern military ruler made a significant conscious effort to make Northerners the formost captains of our industries? Because to my knowledge, Yorubas and Igbos have always been even during the so called Northern dominated military ruler.

The our own share of oil bloc, NDDC, appointments, presidency, etc., what did we make of it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by DMerciful(m): 10:13am On Jan 25, 2023
If you want all industries in Lagos, they'd come and make your standard of living hellish. Eventually you'll not be able to stay as the cost of Land would prevent you from building a house in Lagos.
Ghidey:

This shows your level of thinking. Because you want to build house now factories should not be built. And you are part of leaders of tommorow.
So if you were the governor of Lagos state you wont allow factories because you want to build mansion.
Have you ever seen industrial nations that don't have a place for citizens to live? I pity for the next generation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims / Nigeria's 10 Richest Persons As Of 03/13/2009 / Folorunso Alakija Speaks At Harvard University (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.