Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,278 members, 7,780,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:18 PM

Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? (11155 Views)

Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? / Top 20 Nigerian CEOs And The Courses They Studied In School / Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by HazardAwka(m): 10:46am On Jan 25, 2023
Is the Course you studied more important than the result you came out with?

For example: Mr A studied Medicine and came out with 3rd class degree.

Mr B studied Botany and came out with first class degree.

Does Mr A still have a higher chance of getting employed than Mr B?

2 Likes

Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 25, 2023
The result

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by MaScot30(m): 11:03am On Jan 25, 2023
Even though I go with "result" regardless of the course and result, as long you're Good and can deliver well, it's cool.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by Feelfree700(m): 11:14am On Jan 25, 2023
Na the result wey matters... plus Connection

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by Ladiesdream: 12:56pm On Jan 25, 2023
Both

5 Likes

Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by Greystone: 12:56pm On Jan 25, 2023
Both are good but Grace and Favor are more important.
I’ve seen 1st class graduates not able to secure employment while 3rd class graduates getting work immediately after grad.
Do your best but also pray for Grace and to be Favored.

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by FreeStuffsNG: 12:56pm On Jan 25, 2023
HazardAwka:

Both but your grades count more for as long as it is not from lowly rated, chuke chuke, cult-infested, glorified secondary schools with 145 to190 cut off mark JAMB admission score combined with two or more O'level sittings combined results with mediocre lazy corrupt lecturers in the business of selling plagiarized 'copy and paste' handouts for marks to equally lazy mediocre students.
Life will be hard for you if you attend those kind of nonsense schools no matter your grade so work hard to attend great schools.

Quit social media and nairaland to study HARD and get into great schools and courses.

Do not let anyone decieve you, nothing beats studying a great lucrative course in a top school like UNILAG and finishing with great grades. You are made for life niyen.
check my signature for free stuffs!

19 Likes

Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by OboOlora(f): 12:56pm On Jan 25, 2023
If u like study Medicine or Chemical engineering, if u nor get first class or 2:1, u will end up as a TikTok or IG influencer lol

But if u study History n u make a first class, access bank to rush u like when olosho see yahoo boy

Meanwhile, attend better school too o. Nor go attend OSU or Akungba or those schools wey be like NCE o

31 Likes

Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by Enemyofpeace: 12:56pm On Jan 25, 2023
Boat of them are important
Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by ogododo: 12:57pm On Jan 25, 2023
HazardAwka:

Na result oo. First na first class. Una fit get scholarship to study abroad.

13 Likes

Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by CertifiedUrchin: 12:57pm On Jan 25, 2023
None, what matters most is who you know.

Btw, there’s nothing like “3rd class degree” in medicine. Medical school doesn’t use grade. It’s either pass or fail.

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by Davies25: 12:57pm On Jan 25, 2023
None.
It doesn't matter what you graduate with or what you studied if you are not disciplined, focused and connected.
The YOU in you is all that matters.
BUT,
Staying on the topic, The course matter more than the grade. There are some courses that even if you come out with 5.0 CGPA, you will still struggle to get placement. Whereas, in some courses, they just want to see that you are qualified ( certificate).

7 Likes

Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by FuckTheMod: 12:57pm On Jan 25, 2023
The result should USUALLY be.

WHAT IS WORTH DOING IS WORTH DOING WELL...
YOUR RESULT IS LIKE A GIRL WITH A BEAUTIFUL FACE... YOUR RESULT IS THE FIRST THING THAT WOULD GET YOU THE ATTENTION AND OPPORTUNITY, BEFORE YOUR SKILLS WOULD BE TESTED.
Someone who graduated with 3rd class or pass can be very good and smart but some people won't even give you the opportunity to prove yourself because of the poor result.

Personally, my result (graduating with 2.1) gave me more advantage and made things easier.

If I had graduated with 2.2 or 3rd class, I don't know how things could have gone...

Note:

I'm not saying people would graduate with 2.2 and 3rd class don't have things easy or get lucky...

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by AFRICANJAMAICA: 12:57pm On Jan 25, 2023
Course

Studied surveying and geoinformatics ...
Over here i am a big boss grin...no body gives a fok about your grades as long as you can deliver

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by Mindlog: 12:58pm On Jan 25, 2023
The course.

From personal experience, I am rarely asked the grades I came out with and they go ahead discussing what they want to engage me for.

8 Likes

Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by alingo2013(m): 12:58pm On Jan 25, 2023
Connection matter forget results and course
My uncle is a mechanic engineer and works at a bank, I was the one helping him to service his gen

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by Newyorkitis(m): 12:58pm On Jan 25, 2023
The result is more important in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by Tunasco4u(m): 12:58pm On Jan 25, 2023
Ok
Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by Realist12: 12:58pm On Jan 25, 2023
Advantage of studying Law , so long as you make it to Law school no one cares about your grade .

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by Higgies(m): 12:59pm On Jan 25, 2023
Experience beats both hands down

3 Likes

Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by alingo2013(m): 12:59pm On Jan 25, 2023
Connection matter forget results and course
My uncle is a mechanical engineer and works at a bank, I was the one helping him to service his gen, and I didn't even read mechanical engineering but I learnt by watching
Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by Mastakija(m): 1:01pm On Jan 25, 2023
Neither the course or result but the result of the course and result u studied

All that Matters is what you yave upstairs
Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by makavalley(m): 1:01pm On Jan 25, 2023
Bank on the result to boast in application, status ,public place but till you jam sabificate we'd know if you Sabi weytin dey your result if na you get am or ... though we tend to forget circumstances can make a brilliant individual graduate with low grades which he or she never expected or wanted

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by Cumtroller: 1:01pm On Jan 25, 2023
HazardAwka:

3rd Class Degree in Medicine? I doubt the mental capacity of the OP.

4 Likes

Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by Holluwhakemmy(f): 1:02pm On Jan 25, 2023
Both and connection matters
Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by highchief1: 1:02pm On Jan 25, 2023
HazardAwka:

the God u serve.

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by McLizbae: 1:03pm On Jan 25, 2023
Thank you o! Ignoramuses everywhere! So OP believe a third class candidate will be inducted to treat human beings in the hospital!
CertifiedUrchin:
None, what matters most is who you know.

Btw, there’s nothing like “3rd class degree” in medicine. Medical school doesn’t use grade. It’s either pass or fail.
Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by McLizbae: 1:04pm On Jan 25, 2023
OP you self!
Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by juniorstar(m): 1:04pm On Jan 25, 2023
HazardAwka:

Don't use medicine...you don't av first call you only have pass and graduating with honours
Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by Thermodynamics(m): 1:05pm On Jan 25, 2023
The course you studied, but more important is what you can do, your skills, how you can make money for your Company. There are thousands of graduates out there with the same course and grade you have, what can you offer?

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If You Are In Your Early 20's, You Need To READ This. / Paystack Candidates Let's Meet Here / 7 Ways To Effectively Manage Your Time In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.