Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

Many Passengers Stranded As Abuja-kaduna Train Derails Inside Bush (pic) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Many Passengers Stranded As Abuja-kaduna Train Derails Inside Bush (pic) (31110 Views)

Warri-Itakpe Bound Light Train Derails (Photos) / Again, Many Passengers Kidnapped On Benin-Ekpoma-Auchi Expressway In Edo / Train Derails In A Forest In Kwara, Passengers Stranded (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Many Passengers Stranded As Abuja-kaduna Train Derails Inside Bush (pic) by Islie: 6:53pm On Jan 27, 2023
The passenger train was heading to Kaduna from Abuja on Friday when the accident occurred, SaharaReporters learnt.

Atrain plying the Abuja-Kaduna State route has reportedly derailed, forcing many passengers to be stranded.

The passenger train was heading to Kaduna from Abuja on Friday when the accident occurred, SaharaReporters learnt.

The Nigeria Railway Corporation is yet to confirm the incident.

This is coming a few days after a train plying the Warri-Itakpe route derailed in Kogi State, North Central Nigeria.

The incident happened inside a Kogi State forest.

Several passengers were said to have abandoned the train for fear of being kidnapped.

On January 7, 2023, some gunmen kidnapped 20 passengers waiting to board a train at the train station in the Igueben Local Government Area of the Edo State.

Sharareporters

Less than a week after an Itakpe-Warri train derailed in Kogi, another train on Friday derailed in Abuja, the nation’s capital. The Abuja-Kaduna Train Service,…

By Abdullateef Aliyu

Less than a week after an Itakpe-Warri train derailed in Kogi, another train on Friday derailed in Abuja, the nation’s capital.

The Abuja-Kaduna Train Service, it was gathered, derailed at Kubwa on Friday afternoon leaving hundreds of passengers stranded.

The immediate cause of the derailment was not known as of press time but many passengers were seen wondering around the derailed train.

Managing Director of the Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC), Engr. Fidet Okhiria confirmed the incident.

However, he was just trying to obtain information on the incident.

It would be recalled that an Itakpe-Warri train had on Sunday derailed in a Kogi forest though the 143 passengers were safely evacuated.

The NRC later shut down the train service while repair work commenced immediately.

The Corporation said it suspected vandalism as the cause of the derailment while investigation is ongoing.

DAILY TRUST

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Many Passengers Stranded As Abuja-kaduna Train Derails Inside Bush (pic) by Omahleigh(f): 6:55pm On Jan 27, 2023
May God help us in this country

Hearts15:
please guys please don't just scroll pass. please I beg you in the name of almighty GOD pls someone should please help me and my daughter, we have nothing to eat since yesterday please.we have been surviving on drinking garri and help from a few friends but lately everyone has abandon us and the garri we use to have hope has finished. the little money I have I used it to pay for house rent so that we can at least have roof over our head while I await for my salary please. am pleading for help please, not for my sake but for my daughter please am a single mother. No matter how little it will go a long way to help us. May GOD bless you
Acct num;
First Bank
Faith
I pray that God touches someone's heart to help you dear, so sorry

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Many Passengers Stranded As Abuja-kaduna Train Derails Inside Bush (pic) by mycar: 7:00pm On Jan 27, 2023
not again

20 Likes

Re: Many Passengers Stranded As Abuja-kaduna Train Derails Inside Bush (pic) by YOUNGELDER1(m): 7:01pm On Jan 27, 2023
Hmmm

2 Likes

Re: Many Passengers Stranded As Abuja-kaduna Train Derails Inside Bush (pic) by sweetonugbu: 7:02pm On Jan 27, 2023
In Nigeria everything is derailing not just train, they just deraild the osun election tribunal judgement, but with Peter Obi the future is brighter and nothing will derail nigeria's future PrOgress.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Passengers Stranded As Abuja-kaduna Train Derails Inside Bush (pic) by Racoon(m): 7:04pm On Jan 27, 2023
sad From one disaster to another. What is really wrong with this nation sef?

139 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Many Passengers Stranded As Abuja-kaduna Train Derails Inside Bush (pic) by HarunaWest(m): 7:05pm On Jan 27, 2023
It was the last coach that derailed. It's obvious that people are mining the bolts and nuts from the look of things. It was a bend in the tracks that caused it. Its a simple fix so there shouldn't be much Ado over nothing.

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Many Passengers Stranded As Abuja-kaduna Train Derails Inside Bush (pic) by OriOko88(m): 7:06pm On Jan 27, 2023
This is what happens when u buy refurbished chinko trains undecided

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Many Passengers Stranded As Abuja-kaduna Train Derails Inside Bush (pic) by Tallesty1(m): 7:06pm On Jan 27, 2023
They had better find a way to get out of that place before the news gets to a certain camp. Let them trek if they must.

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Many Passengers Stranded As Abuja-kaduna Train Derails Inside Bush (pic) by BloomingDale(f): 7:27pm On Jan 27, 2023
No peace for the wicked. You better come and develop train in the South, so that spirit will stop tormenting you guys. If not, constant derailing/wotowoto will be your portion. 😂😂

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Many Passengers Stranded As Abuja-kaduna Train Derails Inside Bush (pic) by agulion: 7:29pm On Jan 27, 2023
APC and Tinubu are very evil, don't vote for them

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Many Passengers Stranded As Abuja-kaduna Train Derails Inside Bush (pic) by Ologundudu2020: 7:33pm On Jan 27, 2023
Out of many of you people, none of you stand tall. Shame! These trains don’t look new, the minister of transportation can’t even get it right too!

4 Likes

Re: Many Passengers Stranded As Abuja-kaduna Train Derails Inside Bush (pic) by TooMuchStuff: 7:33pm On Jan 27, 2023
APC and Baduck are one

Nigeria na cruise zone.

Anything violence and bloodshed na normal least of all Train derailment?? Na small thing

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Many Passengers Stranded As Abuja-kaduna Train Derails Inside Bush (pic) by b0rn2fuck(m): 7:34pm On Jan 27, 2023
We never see anything

3 Likes

Re: Many Passengers Stranded As Abuja-kaduna Train Derails Inside Bush (pic) by Reelmii: 7:34pm On Jan 27, 2023
Not again...hope its not another attack angry

3 Likes

Re: Many Passengers Stranded As Abuja-kaduna Train Derails Inside Bush (pic) by sylve11: 7:34pm On Jan 27, 2023
The things happening to our railway system for some time would leave one to imagine if it's like that in another part of the world.

From derailings to hijackings. embarassed cool

6 Likes

Re: Many Passengers Stranded As Abuja-kaduna Train Derails Inside Bush (pic) by LesbianBoy(m): 7:34pm On Jan 27, 2023
When I say Nigeria is not destined to be great, some of you think it's just my opinion or I am saying rubbish. See, I know what I am saying.

I won't be surprised that it's some people that went to spoil the rail like they did the other time now see what it has caused angry

Even if Peter obi is president and does things, these urchins like you guys call APC supporters here will still go and damage it just to make him look bad.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Many Passengers Stranded As Abuja-kaduna Train Derails Inside Bush (pic) by RenaissanceGuy: 7:34pm On Jan 27, 2023
Looking like these trains were poorly manufactured.

2 Likes

Re: Many Passengers Stranded As Abuja-kaduna Train Derails Inside Bush (pic) by OboOlora(f): 7:34pm On Jan 27, 2023
🤣
Re: Many Passengers Stranded As Abuja-kaduna Train Derails Inside Bush (pic) by devilmaycry: 7:34pm On Jan 27, 2023
Make bandits no hear this news sha....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Passengers Stranded As Abuja-kaduna Train Derails Inside Bush (pic) by Orubebe01: 7:34pm On Jan 27, 2023
Omo this country na cruise o.

1 Like

Re: Many Passengers Stranded As Abuja-kaduna Train Derails Inside Bush (pic) by donphilopus: 7:35pm On Jan 27, 2023
See what Tinubu was saying earlier. They'd try to sabotage his efforts but they would fail woefully.

1 Like

Re: Many Passengers Stranded As Abuja-kaduna Train Derails Inside Bush (pic) by SmallDick99(m): 7:35pm On Jan 27, 2023
It's official nothing is working again in the country

Even train can't move on track just like everything grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Many Passengers Stranded As Abuja-kaduna Train Derails Inside Bush (pic) by iLoveYouToo(m): 7:35pm On Jan 27, 2023
Good news for wailers
Re: Many Passengers Stranded As Abuja-kaduna Train Derails Inside Bush (pic) by Najyin(m): 7:35pm On Jan 27, 2023
Is this now a case of sabotage or bad rail track construction.
Re: Many Passengers Stranded As Abuja-kaduna Train Derails Inside Bush (pic) by Ance4Liverpool: 7:36pm On Jan 27, 2023
APC train

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Many Passengers Stranded As Abuja-kaduna Train Derails Inside Bush (pic) by Nairalander248: 7:36pm On Jan 27, 2023
Really?
Re: Many Passengers Stranded As Abuja-kaduna Train Derails Inside Bush (pic) by Crownbackhome: 7:36pm On Jan 27, 2023
Very Bad indeed
Re: Many Passengers Stranded As Abuja-kaduna Train Derails Inside Bush (pic) by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jan 27, 2023
APC's "world-class" projects 🤣🤣🤣

We must not miss the chance to vote out these people.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Many Passengers Stranded As Abuja-kaduna Train Derails Inside Bush (pic) by izubext007: 7:36pm On Jan 27, 2023
Trian rail that's is not up to 2 years look at what we are experiencing. APC government is such a huge blow to us Nigerians

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

This Is Akpugo In Nkanu, Enugu State / BBC Igbo Visits Anambra International Airport Project Site (Pictures) / Top 3 Roads Gov Ambode Transformed From Traffic Prone To Traffic Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.