Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,647 members, 7,805,721 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. (24878 Views)

I'm Addicted To Pentazocine, Please Help Me!!! (Warning Graphics Photos) / Help! I'm Addicted To Bread And Beans / Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by CyberHustle: 10:23am On Jan 30, 2023
Try zero calorie sweeteners and be disciplined about it.

1 Like

Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by ahnie: 10:59am On Jan 30, 2023
CyberHustle:
Try zero calorie sweeteners and be disciplined about it.
Like which?
I don't get.
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by CyberHustle: 11:17am On Jan 30, 2023
ahnie:

Like which?
I don't get.
truvia or stevia which are natural.
Then go for diet version of carbonated drinks. E. G diet Coca Cola
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by ahnie: 11:26am On Jan 30, 2023
Many thanks

1 Like

Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Farfalla(f): 7:22pm On Jan 31, 2023
ahnie:
I m addicted to carbonated drinks and it's beginning to sound weird and I can hardly do without taking like 3 a day in every meal I take.

It's like there's a force propelling me to always take carbonated drinks.

Pls how do I get rid of such unhealthy habits?

Can you force yourself to replace those carbonated drinks with water or lemonade? (Although I still prefer water).

Forget about those diet cokes. They're just as bad.

6 Likes

Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by GloriousGbola: 7:24pm On Jan 31, 2023
Farfalla:

Can you force yourself to replace those carbonated drinks with water or lemonade? (Although I still prefer water).

Forget about those diet cokes. They're just as bad.

unless she makes the lemonade herself.

lemonade concentrate is very expensive

and knowing her son, he will be drinking it up
[speaking from experience]

1 Like

Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Farfalla(f): 8:45pm On Jan 31, 2023
GloriousGbola:

unless she makes the lemonade herself.

lemonade concentrate is very expensive

and knowing her son, he will be drinking it up
[speaking from experience]

Orange juice nko?
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by GloriousGbola: 8:49pm On Jan 31, 2023
Farfalla:

Orange juice nko?

As an on and off soda addict - currently fallen off the wagon - I have found lemon juice is a far better alternative than orange juice. Probably because it is sour.

2 Likes

Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by ahnie: 1:51pm On Feb 01, 2023
Thankfully I stayed away from carbonated drinks for days,but succumbed to the cravings yesterday and had just a bottle of fanta.

At least is a progress for me.

2 Likes

Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by MCMXCVIII(m): 2:54pm On Feb 01, 2023
ahnie:
Thankfully I stayed away from carbonated drinks for days,but succumbed to the cravings yesterday and had just a bottle of fanta.

At least is a progress for me.

It’s quite in unhealthy.
And one thing for sure is, sugar is addictive. Probably the reason you feel this way.
To fight it, always remind yourself of the continuous damage it is to your health. And be determined to stop.
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by ahnie: 2:54pm On Feb 01, 2023
MCMXCVIII:

It’s quite in unhealthy.
And one thing for sure is, sugar is addictive. Probably the reason you feel this way.
To fight it, always remind yourself of the continuous damage it is to your health. And be determined to stop.
Many thanks
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by BabaOfLagos: 8:41pm On Feb 01, 2023
If no one tells you this, let me tell you.

Kindly go to a lab and ask a test called RBS be run on you.

When you see the result, you'd get medical advice from the practitioner, then you'd advice yourself.

For those who understands dailyu profits.. See the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/7169675/
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by cliqtips: 8:42pm On Feb 01, 2023
J
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by ceejay80s(m): 8:43pm On Feb 01, 2023
ahnie:
I m addicted to carbonated drinks and it's beginning to sound weird and I can hardly do without taking like 3 a day in every meal I take.

Op me too, I don't know how to stop. But I can trek from ojuelegba to Alaba international just to burn down sugar
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by shawante(m): 8:43pm On Feb 01, 2023
ahnie:
I nor know where carbonated drinks dey carry me dey go....but the sweet feelings I get whilst drinking it is heavenly sha kiss
Don't worry, diabetes will take you to heaven quicker.

1 Like

Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by ImoleNaija: 8:44pm On Feb 01, 2023
If you like take 10 per day, who no go get diabetes, no go get.

Since we don't know if you're amongst those who can't suffer from diabetes, I will advise you learn ways to burn the sugar.
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Tallesty1(m): 8:45pm On Feb 01, 2023
ahnie:

1 Like

Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by felzokugo(m): 8:46pm On Feb 01, 2023
ahnie:

Dey play.....Jus dey play.
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Cricketman: 8:46pm On Feb 01, 2023
ahnie:

your own good nah

My own na atleast five in a day....

Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Testiebobo(m): 8:47pm On Feb 01, 2023
ahnie:

Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Lukuluku69(m): 8:47pm On Feb 01, 2023
ahnie:

And so was I back then. I can take 10 bottles a day!

But you can leave it. No frills needed, just fight the urge within you to take it.

Get water handy and if the urge comes, drink water instead. Before you know it, you will be free of it.

There is no habit under the sun that a strong willed individual can't break or do away with.

2 Likes

Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Ishilove: 8:48pm On Feb 01, 2023
CyberHustle:
truvia or stevia which are natural.
Then go for diet version of carbonated drinks. E. G diet Coca Cola
All these so called zero soft drinks contain aspartame which is just as bad

2 Likes

Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Cutehector(m): 8:48pm On Feb 01, 2023
Woman go just dey knowingly make themselves fat, after they be asking why their husbands arent finding them attractive anymore.

6 Likes

Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by lonelydora: 8:50pm On Feb 01, 2023
ahnie:

It's nothing to worry about, nne!

Na poverty and poor health facility dey worry us here in Nigeria

My American collegues both old and young drink Coke on each meal. They also take candy (sweet) too much too.

I used to drink like 4 coke a day, but thank God I have reduced it to one per day.
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Calibrator: 8:51pm On Feb 01, 2023
I used to be you till 3 weeks ago.... Mine was Energy drinks which have higher caffeine content than your regular carbonated drinks... It is an addiction to caffeine that is propelling you to consume carbonated drinks but if you are self motivated to stop, you will stop.

I replaced mine with yogurt or Nutri milk... No more caffeine in my diet.
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Testiebobo(m): 8:51pm On Feb 01, 2023
Prevention is better than cure, try to replace them with better alternatives
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by DestinyNigga: 8:52pm On Feb 01, 2023
Is like you don't like yourself. See ur self see diabetes
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by lymelyte(m): 8:53pm On Feb 01, 2023
Lukuluku69:

And so was I back then. I can take 10 bottles a day!

But you can leave it. No frills needed, just fight the urge within you to take it.

Get water handy and if the urge comes, drink water instead. Before you know it, you will be free of it.

There is no habit under the sun that a strong willed individual can't break or do away with.
facts
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by blueghost(m): 8:53pm On Feb 01, 2023
In order for you to stop a habit you must replace it with another one. Try taking organic drinks like zobo fruit drinks Kunu etc

2 Likes

Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Sucre6: 8:54pm On Feb 01, 2023
How u people enjoy carbonated drinks and beer is what I still never understand.

I hate those things with passion because they are addictive

1 Like

Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by samwillyco1(m): 8:55pm On Feb 01, 2023
Na money you get

3 Likes

Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by SpaceBar: 8:55pm On Feb 01, 2023
JUST STOP!!

Yes, it's as simple as that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death / WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen / COVID-19: Garba Abari Says Chinese Experts Coming To Share Experince Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.