Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,762 members, 7,798,552 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

What Skill Can Call Member Learn During The Service Year ..? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Skill Can Call Member Learn During The Service Year ..? (10094 Views)

What Skill(s) Do You Plan To Learn This Year? / What Skill Can I Learn With N20,000 / Please What Skill Can I Learn To Survive In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Skill Can Call Member Learn During The Service Year ..? by Freeopod(m): 4:01pm On Jan 30, 2023
Kubernetes
Re: What Skill Can Call Member Learn During The Service Year ..? by Xedmark: 4:17pm On Jan 30, 2023
Murphy870:
Help, I’m a call member serving in Ibadan, i want to learn a skill but I’m confused about the type of skill to
lean and I don’t waste the whole year..All suggestions would be appreciated!

If you want to learn cyber security and core programing language that fetch money and add value to you send me a mail damasmikee@gmail.com
Re: What Skill Can Call Member Learn During The Service Year ..? by ufotty2001: 4:22pm On Jan 30, 2023
Alwayswiseup:
I have a laptop sir pls which online business can i learn
There are alot... Don't go for forex and cryptocurrencies ...
Go for others likes Fiverr, upwork, kdp publishing and domian names.. they are alot..
Re: What Skill Can Call Member Learn During The Service Year ..? by occfx: 4:25pm On Jan 30, 2023
LegitDeals247:

Pls check your dm

It's says it want to send me email... Do you need help? It's not difficult, just learn how to use it because, if you want me to put you through I will charge you money for time.
Re: What Skill Can Call Member Learn During The Service Year ..? by brutal1(m): 4:38pm On Jan 30, 2023
IT, Foreign language, Professional certifications. Farming, Welding, panel
Murphy870:
Help, I’m a call member serving in Ibadan, i want to learn a skill but I’m confused about the type of skill to
Re: What Skill Can Call Member Learn During The Service Year ..? by erospecial: 5:09pm On Jan 30, 2023
Graphics and design; driving or get set to join arm forces!
Re: What Skill Can Call Member Learn During The Service Year ..? by HopefulFuture: 5:12pm On Jan 30, 2023
Hi Alvin..Am a graduate of Criminology and security studies. Cyber security intrigues me but I dunno how to go about it. The courses to take and the likes..Can you please put me through?
alvincruse:
I will advise you learn a tech skill and the best I can recommend is Cybersecurity. I learnt it during my service last year. I passed out in October and got my first job by December last year in a good organization in Lagos.
Re: What Skill Can Call Member Learn During The Service Year ..? by Skii(m): 5:46pm On Jan 30, 2023
Murphy870:

What an opportunity! And very good that you have asked. It means you are wise (or at least want to be) and don't want to make the mistake of fools. In no particular order, I will share part of my experience -what I did, what I wish I did and what I would advice (my opinion) based on what I now know...

1. From a vision/purpose point of view, the thing that you know that God created you to do is what you should start pursuing now. Start quickly, so you can fail early and fail fast (no shortcut to success. You must first jam block before you scale am). Once you have the early failures behind you, you path to success and success itself is assured.

2. If you are still unsure of point 1 at this stage, then go with the band wagon. Learn something tech related like someone has advised. But be weary of the dangers of easy layoffs and fierce competition. Except you are skilled enough to carve a niche for yourself (but you need these last 2 sentences in almost every endeavour)

3. Latch on to free training programs that these professional bodies offer corpers and students at discounted rates.

4. Belong to and actively participate in CDS groups. The skill will become invaluable in the future as, for example, things that you did outside your usual work when you are interviewing with an employer.

5. Depending on your religion, join NYSC Corpers Fellowship and do Rural Rugged. This one is for you to be rich towards God by sharing the truth of the gospel. And if you belong to another religion, do likewise.

6. Meet people and keep their details, especially those that you would consider better off than you are. Be close to one or two of them (not all, because people can be jerks las last). They may come in handy in the future.

7. If settling down is on your agenda, keep an eye out...many future and would be spouses are found during NYSC. Forget all this nonsense on social media. Good girls still dey.

8. BUY AND READ BOOKS. You would be surprised at the magic that is still in the tradition of reading. Forget all this online learning videos and courses. Not that they don't help, they do...but in my experience, nothing beats reading.

9. Make impact in your PPA. Add value, so that in the event the window of being retained opens up, your would be employer wouldn't think twice.

10. Catch cruise. Take life easy. Don't be too serious. Have fun, drink beer and flex (in moderation)

1 Like

Re: What Skill Can Call Member Learn During The Service Year ..? by Basiljoe: 6:27pm On Jan 30, 2023
alvincruse:
I will advise you learn a tech skill and the best I can recommend is Cybersecurity. I learnt it during my service last year. I passed out in October and got my first job by December last year in a good organization in Lagos.
100%
Re: What Skill Can Call Member Learn During The Service Year ..? by johnekene2013: 7:18pm On Jan 30, 2023
You can learn any of the following skills;

Technical skill in your field of study.
Communication and teamwork.
Critical thinking and problem solving.
Entrepreneurship and financial management.
Digital literacy and computer proficiency.
Foreign language proficiency.
Presentation and public speaking.
Time management and project management.
Leadership and interpersonal skills.
Adaptability and continuous learning.
Digital/Afffiliate Marketing
Re: What Skill Can Call Member Learn During The Service Year ..? by Louis8796: 7:45pm On Jan 30, 2023
Yes u can?
yinkbell:

Pls can I contact you too pls?
Re: What Skill Can Call Member Learn During The Service Year ..? by BlackyOne(m): 7:50pm On Jan 30, 2023
Kidnapping for male or hoeloshoism for female, certificate of Agberoism from omo onile institute, I hearthe VC drug agent MC Oluomo to the drug baron of Lagos is very accommodating ...Just plan to Japa if PDAPC wins.

But if ObiDatti becomes the president then there's still a glimpse of hope for your certificate
Re: What Skill Can Call Member Learn During The Service Year ..? by bong4(m): 8:19pm On Jan 30, 2023
Murphy870:

What exactly do you mean by "call" member?
Re: What Skill Can Call Member Learn During The Service Year ..? by Newbielearner(m): 8:26pm On Jan 30, 2023
Murphy870:

Website design or digital marketing
Re: What Skill Can Call Member Learn During The Service Year ..? by Moneyyman: 9:01pm On Jan 30, 2023
Can you go deeper on this? Draw a career path from novice to pro?

Thanks.

OboOlora:
Op
Carve a niche for yourself and just learn PowerBI reporting.
Come and thank me in 1yr’a time when u start earning in $
Re: What Skill Can Call Member Learn During The Service Year ..? by Kelvindate(m): 10:20pm On Jan 30, 2023
OboOlora:
Op
Carve a niche for yourself and just learn PowerBI reporting.
Come and thank me in 1yr’a time when u start earning in $

Hi obooora what is this power I reporting about?
Re: What Skill Can Call Member Learn During The Service Year ..? by Ayantobi(m): 11:10pm On Jan 30, 2023
Hello chairman, please can I send you a mail? I'm currently serving in Lagos and am interested in learning Cybersecurity. Thank you.
Re: What Skill Can Call Member Learn During The Service Year ..? by Ayantobi(m): 12:18am On Jan 31, 2023
alvincruse:

Hello chairman, please can I send you a mail? I'm currently serving in Lagos and am interested in learning Cybersecurity. Thank you.
Re: What Skill Can Call Member Learn During The Service Year ..? by Joebryan(m): 1:28am On Jan 31, 2023
It's so disappointing that the poster asked for suggestions on 'skills' he could learn..

But a lot of people are here giving him suggestions on "trade".

Why is it that most Nigerians are hell bent to all these petty petty offline craft?

Why are some of the youths of this country still backwards even in this 21st century?

Someone is asking for suggestions on skills to learn, y'all be mentioning fashion designing, cobbler, baking bla bla bla...

On a good day, can any of these skills make you 50k? Or let's even make it more relatable, which of these skills can make you 200k in a week as a beginner? 🤔

Why would an adult in this digital era be talking about this kind of low budget business that limit the amount of people you can reach and mostly, the amount of money you can make per time?

Why did nobody talk about tech skills that are highly profitable? Why did nobody mention other digital skills that are freaking lucrative?

Bro, if you're thinking long term, I will advice you to learn digital skills.

These are the kind of skills that you can make money from, no matter where you are, what else you do and even when you are sleeping. I speak from experience.

All you need to learn and master these skills is your smartphone, data connection and very little capital.

Some of these high income digital skills are:

1. Copywriting
2. Facebook Advertising
3. Web designing
4. Video Editing
5. Ghostwriting
6. Data Analysis
7. Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
8. Google/YouTube Ads
9. UI/UX Designs
10. Public Speaking

If you pick one of these skills, learn, implement it consistently and be focus for the next 3 months to 9 month, if you don't start coubting in 7-8 figures, then I must be very mad.

Because these are all freaking money-making skills that can earn you nothing less than 500k to 1M every single month and I'm not even joking!

Lots of money on the Internet bro... do not let people who wants to continue earning penny to give you bad advice that will end broke and struggling for money.

I'm an internet marketer with years of experience so I know what I'm talking about. Since January 1st 2023 till date, I know how much I've made so far.

In a week that I'm even lazy, I make
3 months my previous salary of 60k back then in 2020.

I think I should end this write up here. This is my own suggestion. But should incase you need some heads up, feel free to chat me up on WhatsApp >> 08140268520 (Bryan Ekeng is my name)

Wish you all the best, bro ✌

2 Likes

Re: What Skill Can Call Member Learn During The Service Year ..? by TOPMAN4LIFE: 6:09pm On Jan 31, 2023
Joebryan:
It's so disappointing that the poster asked for suggestions on 'skills' he could learn..

Why is it that most Nigerians are hell bent to all these petty petty offline craft?

Why are some of the youths of this country still backwards even in this 21st century?

Someone is asking for suggestions on skills to learn, y'all be mentioning fashion designing, cobbler, baking bla bla bla...

On a good day, can any of these skills make you 50k? Or let's even make it more relatable, which of these skills can make you 200k in a week as a beginner? 🤔

Why would an adult in this digital era be talking about this kind of low budget business that limit the amount of people you can reach and mostly, the amount of money you can make per time?

Why did nobody talk about tech skills that are highly profitable? Why did nobody mention other digital skills that are freaking lucrative?

These are the kind of skills that you can make money from, no matter where you are, what else you do and even when you are sleeping. I speak from experience.

All you need to learn and master these skills is your smartphone, data connection and very little capital.

1. Copywriting
2. Facebook Advertising
3. Web designing
4. Video Editing
5. Ghostwriting
6. Data Analysis
8. Google/YouTube Ads
9. UI/UX Designs
10. Public Speaking

If you pick one of these skills, learn, implement it consistently and be focus for the next 3 months to 9 month, if you don't start coubting in 7-8 figures, then I must be very mad.

Because these are all freaking money-making skills that can earn you nothing less than 500k to 1M every single month and I'm not even joking!

Lots of money on the Internet bro... do not let people who wants to continue earning penny to give you bad advice that will end broke and struggling for money.

I'm an internet marketer with years of experience so I know what I'm talking about. Since January 1st 2023 till date, I know how much I've made so far.

I think I should end this write up here. This is my own suggestion. But should incase you need some heads up, feel free to chat me up on WhatsApp >> 08140268520 (Bryan Ekeng is my name)

I like this o, please guide me
Re: What Skill Can Call Member Learn During The Service Year ..? by TOPMAN4LIFE: 6:10pm On Jan 31, 2023
Joebryan:

1. Copywriting
2. Facebook Advertising
3. Web designing
4. Video Editing
5. Ghostwriting
6. Data Analysis
8. Google/YouTube Ads
9. UI/UX Designs
10. Public Speaking

I like this o, please guide me , l will reach out to you.
Re: What Skill Can Call Member Learn During The Service Year ..? by Murphy870(m): 7:24am On Feb 01, 2023
Murphy870:

Thank you all for your contributions to my previous post, I really appreciate you all.
I made up my mind to go for tech skill and I was advised to go for data analytics, so I went to NIIT office located in Ibadan for enquiries about data analytics, there, I was told that the cost of training is 800k and 720k @discount.. I just want to ask any tech experts here if it worth that price or not, before I make payment, new students resume by the end of February and I would like to resume with them. Thanks you guys for your contributions once again.

Re: What Skill Can Call Member Learn During The Service Year ..? by Louis8796: 9:24am On Feb 04, 2023
Yes u can.
yinkbell:

Pls can I contact you too pls?
Re: What Skill Can Call Member Learn During The Service Year ..? by Louis8796: 9:26am On Feb 04, 2023
The want to scam u!!!
Murphy870:

Thank you all for your contributions to my previous post, I really appreciate you all.
I made up my mind to go for tech skill and I was advised to go for data analytics, so I went to NIIT office located in Ibadan for enquiries about data analytics, there, I was told that the cost of training is 800k and 720k @discount.. I just want to ask any tech experts here if it worth that price or not, before I make payment, new students resume by the end of February and I would like to resume with them. Thanks you guys for your contributions once again.

1 Like

Re: What Skill Can Call Member Learn During The Service Year ..? by Lovelygbems: 9:40am On Feb 04, 2023
Want to learn the following??

Affiliate Marketing
Amazon KDP
WhatsApp Marketing
Forex Trading
Relocation blueprint
Passing IELTS

Contact today

pooly_promise@yahoo.com
Re: What Skill Can Call Member Learn During The Service Year ..? by Joebryan(m): 10:28pm On Feb 07, 2023
TOPMAN4LIFE:

I like this o, please guide me , l will reach out to you.

No problem bro. My WhatsApp contact is on my signature.
Re: What Skill Can Call Member Learn During The Service Year ..? by Immunity1555: 5:27pm On Feb 08, 2023
Murphy870:
It depends on you the skill you want to learn,but if it is Tech skills,I bet you ,that there is a place you will learn skill,gain experience and gain exposure. Just make sure you click on this link;
https://www.bincom.net/globaltech Also, Dm me if you have any challenges. Thanks.
Re: What Skill Can Call Member Learn During The Service Year ..? by northbird: 10:47am On Feb 10, 2023
Murphy870:

Forget them, Go and mine YouTube..you will be amazed. Don't throw away your money o. Forget certificates in tech field, the main thing is can you live up to the skills you profess..
YouTube...and lots of practice.
Re: What Skill Can Call Member Learn During The Service Year ..? by AbPurelove(f): 7:54pm On Feb 13, 2023
Murphy870:

Hello Murphy,

I ma glad you are interested in learning a skill for yourself.
Atleast you understand that man needs to survive and can t just be on salary, so kudos to you on that.

Now, on which skill you can learn, I will give you two types and also s explain them to the best of my ability.

First is Physical skills
Second is Digital skills

Physical Skills are skill we do physically that requires us to be in direct contact with our customers.

Eg. Barbing, Event decorations, fashion designing, Mechanic, etc.

Digital Skills are skill you learn online, that doesn't require you to meet face to face with your customers but pays you more.

Some of these skills are believed to be HIGH INCOME SKILLS.

These are skills that are possible to make you not less than 50k to 100k as a starter and up to 200k to 500k when you master it.

Eg. Copywriting
Web design
Social media marketing etc.

The best thing about these skills is that, you can work with and get paid by international clients, so you are not limited to Nigeria and Naira alone.

And you only need to learn them for at most 3 to 6 months and you start earning immediately.

I will stop here.

If you are interested in learning this digital skills and making money with them then chat me up on WhatsApp with this number 07060936146
Re: What Skill Can Call Member Learn During The Service Year ..? by DyshApp: 10:43pm On Feb 14, 2023
there are so many options and most courses are free and online I would suggest digital marketing but you could also enter the Tech space as its hot right now list of some tech courses and what they do
Re: What Skill Can Call Member Learn During The Service Year ..? by Stephaniebyaffi(f): 1:23am On Feb 16, 2023
Just like I said in my post that you can earn 100k to 900k just using your Smartphone ...Dm : 09072276604

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Job Opportunities For Physics Graduates / Stop Calling Everyone An Entrepreneur / CJN Bars Judges From Uploading Personal Pictures On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.