Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,088 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You (61716 Views)

What Would U Do When A Girl/lady Older Than You Start Hitting On You Hard / Guys: Would You Date A Lady Older Than You? / Lady Older Than The Man In Marriage,does It Matter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by Obinoscopy(m): 5:06am On Sep 09, 2011
Its totally wrong to marry a girl older than you. The reasons are:

1) Women are always very particular about age. They don't respect men that are younger than them. That explains the reason why there is always rivalry between a girl and her younger brothers

2) Women age faster than men. If you marry a girl than is 2 years older than you, as time progresses it will appear as if she is 10 years older than you! There will even be a time when everyone will think she's your mother!

Its totally not OK to marry a woman who is your mate or who is older unless you are ready to bear the consequences. A man ideally should marry a girl that he seniors with not less than 5 years.
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by donem: 6:13am On Sep 09, 2011
well i see nothing bad there, exception of her over been too desperatewell i see nothing bad there, exception of her over been too desperate
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by Uzomeko: 8:48am On Sep 09, 2011
Dude it's more advising,encouraging n acceptable wen u marry sm1 younger dan u r,rather dan going 4 sm1 older,unless there s 2ru luv.
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by Diesel1(m): 10:06am On Sep 09, 2011
Bros go ahead and marry her if u truly luv her grin
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by veravee: 10:14am On Sep 09, 2011
This is ur own strory, wat of her own part of de story? Had it been am nt a lady i wouid have believe u. can u remeber how u started with her and all promises and sacrifices she did 4 u. Maybe u hv gotten some1else that's why u are telling us this nw. my happiness is that is ur mind that is judging u. why nt go ahead with ur life if u knw u did nothing 2 her. Men are always the same.
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by cexplorer(m): 1:00pm On Sep 09, 2011
How I wish that somebody with a person experience would contribute to this post because this question is helpful to many young adults.
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by tunene: 1:36pm On Sep 09, 2011
1. Yes, it is right to marry someone older than you. (+) , Equation 1

2. No, it is wrong to marry a desperadoe. (-) , Equation 2

if we combin equation 1 and 2,
+ x - = - , Equation 3

from equation 3 above, the answer is - (no) therefore, grab your boots self and flee from Satan her!

QED.
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by kistehsia(f): 3:26pm On Sep 09, 2011
@cexplorer

I did post earlier on, I am white and I am older then my Man, He pursued me till I agreed to a relationship, never being pushy always being kind. I was a little concerned with the age gap and my being the one that is older, however with his patients and perseverance he won over. He is of the opinion that it is none of any ones business what our relationship is or about. We both feel that no matter what path in life you choose there will always be someone who isn't going to like. You have but one life to live and you need to live it for yourself. It is fine to ask some input on your situation but at the end of the you need to ask yourself what it is that YOU truly want, what makes you happy, above all this there needs to be respect between the two of you regardless of the age gap and her being the older of the two she still needs to respect you as head of the house and relationship. It is the way it has been and should be for many years. And you need to care for her and cherish her like no other if this is to be your choice.

Hope this helps!

kistehsia
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by MrsChima1(f): 5:00pm On Sep 09, 2011
Most men that want something are patience and understanding. lipsrsealed
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by cexplorer(m): 7:30pm On Sep 09, 2011
You shared an experience that's pleasant and I like that, especially as a white lady. I'm not too sure this works with many black marriages. I know a marriage in which the wife is 2years older than her husband and she demands that he respects that age difference. I'm not talking about the normal respect for feminine dignity but respect for the age difference. This is a true story. All the best.
kistehsia:

@cexplorer

I did post earlier on, I am white and I am older then my Man, He pursued me till I agreed to a relationship, never being pushy always being kind. I was a little concerned with the age gap and my being the one that is older, however with his patients and perseverance he won over. He is of the opinion that it is none of any ones business what our relationship is or about. We both feel that no matter what path in life you choose there will always be someone who isn't going to like. You have but one life to live and you need to live it for yourself. It is fine to ask some input on your situation but at the end of the you need to ask yourself what it is that YOU truly want, what makes you happy, above all this there needs to be respect between the two of you regardless of the age gap and her being the older of the two she still needs to respect you as head of the house and relationship. It is the way it has been and should be for many years. And you need to care for her and cherish her like no other if this is to be your choice.

Hope this helps!

kistehsia
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by Nobody: 7:38pm On Sep 09, 2011
Obinoscopy:

Its totally wrong to marry a girl older than you. The reasons are:

1) Women are always very particular about age. They don't respect men that are younger than them. That explains the reason why there is always rivalry between a girl and her younger brothers

2) Women age faster than men. If you marry a girl than is 2 years older than you, as time progresses it will appear as if she is 10 years older than you! There will even be a time when everyone will think she's your mother!

Its totally not OK to marry a woman who is your mate or who is older unless you are ready to bear the consequences. A man ideally should marry a girl that he seniors with not less than 3 - 5 years.

Yeah
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by kistehsia(f): 7:41pm On Sep 09, 2011
@cexplorer

Thank you for the good wishes, I hope my story sheds light on the positive side of things, I love my Man dearly and he I!  That is the most important part of a relationship, genuine love, not infatuation, solid love with respect, trust, communication, and care for one another.

kistehsia smiley
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by Russialane(m): 8:33pm On Sep 09, 2011
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by britbuz(m): 7:54am On Sep 10, 2011
;Dwhy dont you go naked and swear your own too. If she does
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by cexplorer(m): 9:23am On Sep 10, 2011
kistehsia:

@cexplorer

Thank you for the good wishes, I hope my story sheds light on the positive side of things, I love my Man dearly and he I!  That is the most important part of a relationship, genuine love, not infatuation, solid love with respect, trust, communication, and care for one another.

kistehsia smiley
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by sley4life(m): 10:11am On Sep 10, 2011
@TYM:

Looking @ this issue psychologically, the lady n question hv invested so much n u, i want to admonish u to settle with her amicably cos know u hv deceived her, pls tell her u hv been deceiving her and beg her ,  Take your mum and your siblings and beg her. Because it is unfair for u to dump her after sleeping with her and spending her money. If she curses u Unclad it will work. u know u dont like her bt u r bound by her commitments so go make restitution! I wish u goodluck!
I didnt deceive her. I gave her all I had. In terms of finance I provided for her.
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by MrsChima1(f): 1:22pm On Sep 10, 2011
I guess Love is indeed blind.
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by sexyshe(f): 5:48pm On Sep 10, 2011
The most important thing is :are u compatible,do you love her.Age is just a no,got it, smiley
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by Tosinville(m): 5:51pm On Sep 10, 2011
^^Stop deceiving the poster, age is not just a number
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by EfeEkarume(m): 6:00pm On Sep 10, 2011
joe4christ:

Man,
Sincerely if u marry this girl your own don finish be that,
That is to say (YOU'RE A GUNNER)
Don't tell me that man is an arsenal fan or maybe he wants to be one.
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by Obinoscopy(m): 6:14pm On Sep 10, 2011
If the question was: Can a man love a woman older than him? I'd say yes. But a man should not MARRY a woman older than him because there is more to marriage than thus love.
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by abaopmgr: 8:42pm On Sep 10, 2011
WHAT WERE YOU THINKING WHEN YOU STARTED HAVING SEX WITH HER?
DIDN'T IT OCCUR TO YOU SHE WAS OLDER THAN YOU WHEN YOUR D**K HARDENS AT HER?
IF SHE GOES NAKED AND SWEARS FOR YOU, YOU WILL DEFINITELY BE AFFECTED!
YOU ENJOYED THE RELATIONSHIP UNTIL NOW, ENDURE IT COS YOU NEED TO BE BALANCED!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by boobyman: 9:33pm On Sep 10, 2011
@obinoscopy, i completely agree with u.Especially in african were we come from its expected that the man should be older than the woman when going into marriage.It happens rarely when the woman is older and it works out but,keep in mind that women age faster than men and equally the man might lose respect if they have a small quarrel and she will be refering to her age being older.That will make a man feel so bad that he will regret y he married her.DATING,YES,BUT MARRIAGE,NO.
I IN PARTICULAR PREFER SOMEONE YOUNGER THAN ME.

1 Like

Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by sley4life(m): 11:31pm On Sep 10, 2011
Thank you all for your comments. I feel more relieved. I have tried explaining to her but she fails to understand. I told her not to threaten me with marriage. A man has his time to get married not someone giving him a deadline for marriage because she is older than him
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by kobikwelu(m): 1:08am On Sep 11, 2011
leave all these thing about love and respect,

she old pass u!!!

EOD
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by MrsChima1(f): 1:35am On Sep 11, 2011
sley4life:

Thank you all for your comments. I feel more relieved. I have tried explaining to her but she fails to understand. I told her not to threaten me with marriage. A man has his time to get married not someone giving him a deadline for marriage because she is older than him

Wait! She is pressuring you for marriage because she is old? If you are not ready for marriage then do not go into marriage. Marriage is not to be taken lightly and people who make a mockery of marriage should be flogged.

If it is not for you then that's okay but don't go into it because someone ELSE told you to go into it.

One of the issues with dating or marrying older women is the biological clock is ticking and just because 2 women in their 90's had babies doesn't mean your girl will. People need to stop comparing their chances with other people.
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by Abuloma80(f): 2:55am On Sep 11, 2011
@poster
For you i can say age is just a number, if you have a feeling for her, go ahead and marry her.

As for her i pity her because in 20 to 30 years time she will so aged that she will look like a grandmum to you.

While you still looking okay to take in another 30 to 40 years old lady, then she will realize her threats only kept you for her, for a while.

The ball is in your court choose wisely
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by Adeotiwalexi(m): 1:32pm On Jan 18, 2013
Marriage is not al about age,its al about understanding and compatibility.If the lady has God fearing am sure she'll definitely succumb to her husband command no matter how older she is to husband. And teams of fiscal appearance, if she knws how to dress up she'll keep looking young till her old age.

1 Like

Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jan 18, 2013
sley4life: Nairalanders, i have been pondering a lot lately. I have a Girl friend two years older than me. She is in her early 30's. She is on my neck I should get married to her else she skins me alive. My question is : Is it right to marry someone older than you? Be it love or whatever. She has promised to go nak.ed & swear if I don't propose to her
ok na the time wey she go dey old na im u go start to dey regret marrying her
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by Adeotiwalexi(m): 1:59pm On Jan 19, 2013
If both of u are spiritually compatible, and you her love personally, marry her .age its just a umb.
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by Thabatha: 10:17am On Mar 06, 2013
I was born in 81 my bf in 84 but we lov each ada he's planning to marry me nd I respect him everything is ok so I don't think age diff matters

2 Likes

Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by sunnyt1(m): 9:18am On Mar 07, 2013
Oghalechic: Sweety, trust me, go ahead and marry her if you truelly love her.

Marriage goes beyond love, its nt abt the chemistry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How She Brought Her Friend To Our Hotel Room And Regreted Knowing Me / When A Lady Looking For Husband Finally Meets "Long John" / My Neighbour's Wife Is Sleeping With Her Husband's Best Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.