Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,844 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:10 AM

How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? (10962 Views)

Please Lawyers In The House, Can I Sue My Employer? / Can I Sue My Employer For This?? / My Employer Is Shortchanging Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by Supreme145(m): 10:08am On Jan 31, 2023
A job that I percievd as a miracle job is turning out to be a nightmare. I got a job in Lagos last December as a web designer for the firm with a pay of 150k. The job was supposed to be hybrid but since I couldn't afford relocation we agreed I work remotely pending when I will be able to relocate.

This is the end of fabuary and I haven't received a dime, the man has simply refused to pay me and from his body language he's not going to pay. I contacted the HR and she told me the man isn't responding to her messsages or calls about the payment matter.

He has stopped viewing my messages on WhatsApp or taking my calls too. The guys that referred me mentioned something about him treating the predecessor same way and adviced I take it as employment fraud and walk away from the job.

The issue is I've put efforts and resources into the job and I cant just let go of 300K like that.
I've been borrowing to fuel my gen everyday to work and other expenses. My rent is expired and landlord had been on my neck to pay up. A lot of stuff is hinged on that money.
It's been from one flimsy excuse to the other.

Please I need suggestions on how I can get my money from this man, I have my appointment letter and he's a lawyer.

Mods please help me push to front page so I can get wider contributions

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by IyaTola: 10:35am On Jan 31, 2023
Don't just QUIT your JOB the moment someone offers you a better salary.

Research your new boss, the people and the culture.

No amount of money can compensate for a toxic work culture.

The truth is, the grass is not always greener on the other side.

I learned this the hard way.

If an organization has a high turnover rate, or there are always vacancies for the same position.

Agree?

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by Supreme145(m): 10:40am On Jan 31, 2023
IyaTola:

If an organization has a high turnover rate, or there are always vacancies for the same position.

Agree?
I'm a fresh graduate this is my first job and it's turning into a bitter experience

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by sofeo(m): 2:02pm On Jan 31, 2023
Alright!
Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by ecolime(m): 2:02pm On Jan 31, 2023
IyaTola:

Agree?
Great points. You've said it all.

Infact, Seun can close the thread now. Nothing to add again.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by HEBEI: 2:02pm On Jan 31, 2023
Some employers deserve capital punishment shocked

While most workers deserve outright beheading shocked

I don't know where you belong to, until we read or hear your employer's side of the story.

9 Likes

Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by Goodlady(f): 2:03pm On Jan 31, 2023
Supreme145:

He has stopped viewing my messages on WhatsApp or taking my calls too. The guys that referred me mentioned something about him treating the predecessor same way and adviced I take it as employment fraud and walk away from the job.

The issue is I've put efforts and resources into the job and I cant just let go of 300K like that.
I've been borrowing to fuel my gen everyday to work and other expenses. My rent is expired and landlord had been on my neck to pay up. A lot of stuff is hinged on that money.

Please I need suggestions on how I can get my money from this man, I have my appointment letter and he's a lawyer.

Firstly, which one is at the end of fabuary?
What's Fabuary?
Do you mean February? If so, right now February never come not to talk of ending.
2ndly, if you v tried to reach him via SMS, calls, chats etc, try and see him face to face. Let him know you needed money and that's why you are working for him.
The law doesn't permit that one should deny people their entitlement. You can report to the NPF or get a lawyer too. In fact, contact human rights commission. That ll be lesser sef.
Lastly, hope you didn't erred in one way or the other cos we v not heard from the other party.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by iyke2ken(m): 2:03pm On Jan 31, 2023
Things dey occur.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by free2ryhme: 2:04pm On Jan 31, 2023
Supreme145:
A job that I percievd as a miracle job is turning out to be a nightmare. I got a job in Lagos last December as a web designer for the firm with a pay of 150k. The job was supposed to be hybrid but since I couldn't afford relocation we agreed I work remotely pending when I will be able to relocate.

This is the end of fabuary and I haven't received a dime, the man has simply refused to pay me and from his body language he's not going to pay. I contacted the HR and she told me the man isn't responding to her messsages or calls about the payment matter.

If yoyu signed a letter of employment contract with the company you can go ahead and sue however have your lawyer write up the company and give ample notice time before suing

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by moscobabs(m): 2:08pm On Jan 31, 2023
Do you have your employment letter with you? If no, then you are on your own.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by Reelmii: 2:09pm On Jan 31, 2023
I dey come
Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by Lepon02: 2:10pm On Jan 31, 2023
Supreme145:

Eeeyah.
Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by COMPUTERVILLA(m): 2:10pm On Jan 31, 2023
you want to sue a lAWYER?
free2ryhme:

If yoyu signed a letter of employment contract with the company you can go ahead and sue however have your lawyer write up the company and give ample notice time before suing
Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by aieromon(m): 2:10pm On Jan 31, 2023
free2ryhme:

I highly doubt he has an employment letter stipulating terms and conditions of the offer.

His referrals know the history of the man, yet allowed him to waste 2 whole months. Even the HR is in on the game.

Wash, rinse and repeat employer.

14 Likes

Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by DigitalyYours: 2:12pm On Jan 31, 2023
smiley

Too bad!

May be he just want to use you or he felt you ain't productive.

But you said you worked as a web designer? Don't you hv the PW of some of the backend?

Hope you know what to do lipsrsealed

13 Likes

Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by Mindlog: 2:12pm On Jan 31, 2023
I can't just imagine putting in my all, in a job role and don't get paid.😠
Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by IgiveLadiesBj(m): 2:13pm On Jan 31, 2023
IyaTola:

Agree?
Theory
Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by bestman09(m): 2:18pm On Jan 31, 2023
sad
Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by chukwudiology(m): 2:18pm On Jan 31, 2023
As a web designer, is it website that u designed for ur employer or something else? If it's something u can undo what u have done, u then threaten him with it.

U can even threaten the employer by letting him/her know that u will tarnish the image of the firm and make it go viral.

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by Offpoint1: 2:22pm On Jan 31, 2023
Forget the money, let everything cool down... When he forgets about everything, like 3-6 months or a year later.... Go to the location and cause "Fire Accident".

That's how I treat people f^ck-ups, by this time, you're the last person they'll suspect. I always pay evil back with GREATER EVIL and Good back with GREATER GOOD.

The "devil" dues in all of us, if you think you're capable of evil....rest assured you, I am as well.

10 Likes

Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by Atheistan: 2:27pm On Jan 31, 2023
Hmmm...
If you have your employment letter then get in touch with the human rights group, or if you can afford a lawyer then get one.
But let the lawyer give them notice first before going to court.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by Bintabisiriyu2: 2:28pm On Jan 31, 2023
bros hunger never wire you, if real hunger wire you you go craise off your boxers and fight your boss for your money after he pays you you go japa, dey play you hear

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by motionarena: 2:30pm On Jan 31, 2023
Supreme145:

Arrange boys to tidy the useless man

Hate bosses who feel they can do whatever they want

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by ttoyetade: 2:30pm On Jan 31, 2023
Young man, take heart and move on . As long as you didn't do him any evil, there are better opportunities waiting for you ahead. God will make it up to you. Be a born again Christian. In future you will look back and discover that N300k is a chicken change to you. Many of us have passed through worst situations. But we are still here today and doing better. You are just starting life being your first job. Stir up yourself and move on.

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by Levels1(m): 2:35pm On Jan 31, 2023
Supreme145:

Since you have an appointment letter from the company then you don't really have much problem.

Visit the near by police station and lodge your complain.

There's a law empowering NPF to entertain such complain. I can't remember the act thou.

They will follow you to his office and invite him for interrogation and from there you see green light.
Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by DropsMic(m): 2:40pm On Jan 31, 2023
Supreme145:

The guys that referred me mentioned something about him treating the predecessor same way and adviced I take it as employment fraud and walk away from the job.

This was what caught my attention. The person who recommended the job to you was aware of the man's history of not paying salaries, yet he still sent you to him.

That person doesn’t like you one bit

15 Likes

Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by lazynairalander1: 2:43pm On Jan 31, 2023
Been a lawyer doesn't translate to been immune to the law.
I had almost similar experience with a barrister in 2019, mehn na social media help me get back my money.
I drag the man on all SM I could find him, he blocked me, I drag the wife, she too blocked me. I drag the siblings. He had to call me and ask for my account number and send my money and threatened to sue me for defamation and abuses(coupled with other count charges)

Till date I am still waiting for the court case. OP make sure you played your part and you didn't breech any part of the contract, if you're sure that you have no error on you part by all means go all out and get your money.
Remember he who comes to equity much be clean else...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by Godspowerpro: 2:43pm On Jan 31, 2023
ttoyetade:
Young man, take heart and move on . As long as you didn't do him any evil, there are better opportunities waiting for you ahead. God will make it up to you. Be a born again Christian. In future you will look back and discover that N300k is a chicken change to you. Many of us have passed through worst situations. But we are still here today and doing better. You are just starting life being your first job. Stir up yourself and move on.

GOD bless everybody
Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by lagosrd: 2:44pm On Jan 31, 2023
Goodlady:

Firstly, which one is at the end of fabuary?
What's Fabuary?
Do you mean February? If so, right now February never come not to talk of ending.
2ndly, if you v tried to reach him via SMS, calls, chats etc, try and see him face to face. Let him know you needed money and that's why you are working for him.
The law doesn't permit that one should deny people their entitlement. You can report to the NPF or get a lawyer too. In fact, contact human rights commission. That ll be lesser sef.
Lastly, hope you didn't erred in one way or the other cos we v not heard from the other party.

Stop quoting people's grammar or typos it adds nothing's to the subject matter. If you have any advice , just give the young lad and move on.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by lagosrd: 2:45pm On Jan 31, 2023
However, let me ask you some questions here:
Did he give you any employment letter where it is clearly stated that your take home is this and that?

If yes you're on a safer side, if no, do you have any form of communications at all with his HR or himself about your renumerations and conditions of work at all? If any download it with dates as evidence and save the soft copy on the cloud. Including chats where the HR said he is not responding .

Now do some preliminary works on him yourself by :
1. sending him messages on Whatsapp with a new number , introduce yourself to him again as his remote worker and tell him that he hasn't paid you any dime and he needs to pay you up (with respect)

2. Repeat it once again and if no response be It positive or negative within 7 days, attach all those evidences of communications together and head to justice court (check Facebook ) or ask for their contact and location within Lagos. Tell them you came for direct court complaints. No lawyers needed at all. All you need is to provide evidence and no lies cos if they discover you also lied , hummm well ......anyway he will be the one to call you for settlement because his trial will be aired live and he won't like it . It will affect him, his business and his reputation will be badly dented.

A word is enough for the wise

A trial will convince you.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Thread For Geographic Information System (GIS) Analysts / Can I Use Salesforce Certificate To Get A Job Elsewhere? / Lagos Police Dismiss 9 Police Officers & Demotes 25 Over Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.