Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

Your Weakness Is Not Your Interview Weakness. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Your Weakness Is Not Your Interview Weakness. (10092 Views)

Perfect Your Interview By Doing The Following: / Share Your Interview Experience / If You Need Transport For Your Interview, Get In Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Weakness Is Not Your Interview Weakness. by Oyindamolah: 11:26am On Jan 31, 2023
Your Weakness Is not Your Interview Weakness.

During interview sessions, it is common to hear these questions been asked "Tell me about your weakness" OR "Tell me a Time when you failed and how you managed it.

I once asked a candidate who I was interviewing for a Restaurant Manager Role " tell me about your weakness"

His answer gave me the shock of a lifetime, He said his weakness is Women, I thought I did not hear well so I had to explain further, what I meant by the question is tell me how you have been able to manage yourself during shortfall, He said Ma I understand what you said, I can't stay with only ONE WOMAN, I like the company of many women.

At another Interview session, I asked a lady similar question, and she said I Cry alot when I am Hurt.

At another Interview session, a candidate said, I can never have weakness in my life..... God forbid, I reject it in Jesus name.... Hmmmmm

Example Weaknesses ;

👉Too self-critical -
👉Too critical of other people's work.
👉Difficulty delegating tasks
👉Disorganized.
👉Too detail-oriented.
👉Need more experience in xxxxx.
👉Impatient with others.
👉Unfamiliar with xxxx.
👉Quick to please others.
👉Too quick to respond
👉Struggle to give feedback.
👉Struggle with presenting / public speaking.

Steps to Answering "Tell me about your Weakness"

👉Choose a weakness that will not prevent you from succeeding in the role.

👉Be honest and choose a real weakness.
(Emotionally Intelligence, Ability to manage Pressure, Feedback Management, Resilience, Teamwork, etc)

👉Provide an example of how you've worked to improve upon your weakness or learn a new skill to combat the issue.

👉Demonstrate self-awareness and an ability to look to others to provide you with the resources necessary for growth.

👉Do not talk about your Physical Weakness.

👉Don't be arrogant and don't underestimate yourself.

Note that when you are asked such questions, interviewers want to know about your self-awareness and your ability to to identify your weaknesses and how you overcomes them.

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Your Weakness Is Not Your Interview Weakness. by Be78: 12:00pm On Jan 31, 2023
[quote author=Oyindamolah post=120521557][/quote]
Thanks so much

1 Like

Re: Your Weakness Is Not Your Interview Weakness. by Oyindamolah: 12:14pm On Jan 31, 2023
wink
Be78:

Thanks so much
You welcome
Re: Your Weakness Is Not Your Interview Weakness. by THERIGHTMAN: 12:41pm On Jan 31, 2023
Helpful topic.

6 Likes

Re: Your Weakness Is Not Your Interview Weakness. by Trilz(m): 12:41pm On Jan 31, 2023
I do data entry-related jobs.

Whatever jobs you have and you find difficult to handle or you have no time for it.

Kindly check my signature, and text me on WhatsApp.

I'll handle it smoothly for you.
Re: Your Weakness Is Not Your Interview Weakness. by tradepunter: 12:41pm On Jan 31, 2023
Ok
Re: Your Weakness Is Not Your Interview Weakness. by Esales(m): 12:42pm On Jan 31, 2023
Over religiousness wont allow some people to hear.

Meanwhile, to dey browse for interesting posts no dey Taya you? Save yourself the stress and time, Join my WhatsApp TV for hilarious content right on WhatsApp. Check my signature for the phone number.

1 Like

Re: Your Weakness Is Not Your Interview Weakness. by updatechange(m): 12:44pm On Jan 31, 2023
My weakness: I usually struggle to decide fast, I’m this kinda person who usually takes time before deciding just because I want to be sure or tryna vet which I don’t like.

How I solved it, I worked under a disciplinarian (voluntarily) watched him closely when he talks or acts, then I started learning from him… this man is the most decisive person I’ve seen, just how Messi is the most decisive footballer I’ve seen.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Weakness Is Not Your Interview Weakness. by Franzinni: 12:45pm On Jan 31, 2023
Weakness Sha...
Re: Your Weakness Is Not Your Interview Weakness. by chaseblack(m): 12:45pm On Jan 31, 2023
Good point.
Re: Your Weakness Is Not Your Interview Weakness. by Be78: 12:46pm On Jan 31, 2023
Oyindamolah:
winkYou welcome
Please is there a way you can create a thread on how to perform during interviews

I am expecting a call for an interview soon
Please i want to know more

1 Like

Re: Your Weakness Is Not Your Interview Weakness. by Nairalander01: 12:47pm On Jan 31, 2023
Examples of weakness:
Finishing salary before next pay day. tongue

7 Likes

Re: Your Weakness Is Not Your Interview Weakness. by ecolime(m): 12:48pm On Jan 31, 2023
This particular interview question is stale.

No serious interviewer go dey ask you about your weakness in 2023.

2 Likes

Re: Your Weakness Is Not Your Interview Weakness. by SirJerrie(m): 12:50pm On Jan 31, 2023
The guy that said "WOMAN" is his weakness summarised all his problems with One Word.

His number one problem was being too honest and upfront about it.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Weakness Is Not Your Interview Weakness. by CityBoy17: 12:50pm On Jan 31, 2023
This should be helpful to some people though but not my type that doesn't sit for interviews.

Connection is key

1 Like

Re: Your Weakness Is Not Your Interview Weakness. by Silas0(m): 12:50pm On Jan 31, 2023
Re: Your Weakness Is Not Your Interview Weakness. by BabaCommander: 12:50pm On Jan 31, 2023
[quote author=Oyindamolah post=120521557 [/quote]

Well for the fellow that listed women as his weakness, an xperienced interviewer should have pressed further to see if it's a compulsive disorder at play. You should look beyond their ignorant answers.

1 Like

Re: Your Weakness Is Not Your Interview Weakness. by seanwilliam(m): 12:51pm On Jan 31, 2023
Weakness is weakness
Re: Your Weakness Is Not Your Interview Weakness. by Treadway: 12:52pm On Jan 31, 2023
Oyindamolah:

nice of you to clarify this, so people know the difference.

But still..

For a long time I have held the notion that those two questions on strengths and weaknesses are vapid, stupid and are not in the top 100 of employers' actual considerations or expectations about you or the job in question. No one assigns job roles or formulates KPIs with any recourse to the crappy answers derived from these crappy questions. Ati HR o, ati boss o, I can assure you within the 3mins after you have answered those two silly questions, that they have already forgotten any crap you might have said. It is a crappy formality that no one in these parts really remembers or gives a damn about, but we still somehow consider it a critical part of interviews. Straight jacket thinking is a weakness of those who still NEEDLESSLY major on the minor (things like this) and minor on the major (the things that actually create and foster a great working environment for skilled staff).

The only reason the interviewer was stunned by those incredulous answers and still remembers them is because they are unlike the basic, vapid, 'expected' answers in the cookbook. Lol

The end.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Weakness Is Not Your Interview Weakness. by Isabi4lov: 1:01pm On Jan 31, 2023
On point 👌
Re: Your Weakness Is Not Your Interview Weakness. by motionarena: 1:09pm On Jan 31, 2023
G
Re: Your Weakness Is Not Your Interview Weakness. by Richy4(m): 1:09pm On Jan 31, 2023
ecolime:
This particular interview question is stale.

No serious interviewer go dey ask you about your weakness in 2023.
I believe they still do... Some HR have taken it to another level by asking.. if I see your colleagues now and ask them why you shouldn't be hired for this role, in your opinion what do u think they will say?.. This is the same as asking you of your weaknesses smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Weakness Is Not Your Interview Weakness. by Lamanii22(f): 1:09pm On Jan 31, 2023
The lady that said God forbid though
Re: Your Weakness Is Not Your Interview Weakness. by Flows001(m): 1:10pm On Jan 31, 2023
I wouldn't mind liking this post a hundred more times.
Thank you Op
I'm presently preparing for an interview and how to address this particular question used to seem very elusive, thanks for your detailed explanation 🙂

2 Likes

Re: Your Weakness Is Not Your Interview Weakness. by Deicide: 1:14pm On Jan 31, 2023
Why ask someone about their weakness though?
Re: Your Weakness Is Not Your Interview Weakness. by Profayo: 1:20pm On Jan 31, 2023
H
Re: Your Weakness Is Not Your Interview Weakness. by achimendy(m): 1:59pm On Jan 31, 2023

Vote Peter obi and discover your proper weakness .

God bless the federal republic of Nigeria.
Re: Your Weakness Is Not Your Interview Weakness. by 900warriorz: 2:10pm On Jan 31, 2023
undecided
Re: Your Weakness Is Not Your Interview Weakness. by techWriter3: 2:13pm On Jan 31, 2023
scenarios of weakness finalize salary before next pay day

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Solve Blank Npower PPA Letter Issues Under The Deployment Page On Npower / International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) Recruitment– 7th April / Understanding Timing In Job Search In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.