Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

My Experience In NDLEA Jail - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Experience In NDLEA Jail (37213 Views)

Just In: NDLEA Busts meth Labs in Lagos, Anambra, Arrests 2 Drug Barons, / Just In: NDLEA Arrests Queen Of Drug Cartel, Cross-border Trafficker In Taraba / Disgraced Abba Kyari Marks 47th Birthday In NDLEA Custody (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience In NDLEA Jail by Therock5555(m): 1:48pm On Jan 31, 2023
This would be a long read, bear with me, this is how short I can summarise everything.

On the 20th of this month, I got awoken by a brutal knock on my door. The knocker wouldn't state who they were and wouldn't stop knocking violently either, even though I just woken up, I had a gut feeling that something bad was absolutely going to happen.

I had just gotten a fresh stash of MJ earlier in the week and it was proudly sitting on my center table. I immediately grabbed it and wrapped it in my blanket before I went to get the door.

My fears were confirmed when 5 fully kitted NDLEA officers pushed me back in, demanding that I bring it out, I didn't need a soothsayer to inform me that I was so screwed but as a bad guy, I feigned ignorance.

That didn't stop them from wrecking my room thoroughly until they found my weed stash, two sweet slaps landed on both my cheeks, still they never stopped searching until my house was looking like a hurricane ran through. Not even my food items were spared.

When they were satisfied, handcuff landed on my wrists as I was led out after being allowed to put on trousers and a T-shirt.

My neighbor Hood choke as everyone wanted to see who the unlucky scapegoat was. The walk of shame was unbearable, I could see my neighbors gasping in horror, I am probably the most snobbish dude around, I do mind my business to a total dot, I don't roll with area folks, I hardly laugh with anybody except you find favour in my eyes, I keep to myself, hence I was arrested alone.

Two brothers were picked up from a hotel nearby before we arrived at their holding facility. It all felt like a dream until we were flung into a rather large cell which had approximately eight other guys, the Jail 'Presido' as he was referred to had an amputated left arm.

As per 'comrades in 'Igboh', we were asked reasons for being there and spent some minutes getting to know ourselves. A rural leader's son was there also, dude was blowing dope and strolling on the road when he was accosted. The Presido asked us to feel welcomed and gave us some tips on what to do next in order to be freed quickly.

The cell is a hundred times better than that of a Police station, there was a small short rug carpet where the Presido and his vice sat or laid, another big mat contained the others, we the new entrants had to manage bare floor. Thankfully there were no bed bugs or insects, and the stink wasn't too bad, a plastic bucket was placed at one corner for urine collection. The only time the place smelled would be when someone wanted to take a leak and uncover the bucket. Damn.

We the new comers were taken out to write down statements and call who would come bail us. I placed three calls to sure contacts but the major thing on my mind was how to drop update on my story thread, unfortunately my big phone was seized, so I had to manage the small one for calls, the phone had to be on speaker phone so that the officers could hear what ever was being communicated.

Unluckily, no one came for me that day, I was hungry like mad but I lacked appetite until I gave up hope and managed to partake in somebody's food after the Presido asked me to join the person.

As the Presido, any food that was brought for any of the inmates, he had the first choice of either partaking or taking which ever part of the food or drink before the owner of the food eats.

Before nightfall, five more guys were arrested, everywhere became congested. The way I laid down, I couldn't even turn or stretch my legs because I'll touch someone, somebody's legs were next to my head, my eyes were open all night long cause the leg kept falling on my head, damn it was dreadful, that was my first night in jail since I was born, I truly hated myself.

Next day, one of my called contacts arrived and started negotiations, I wasn't privy to how much was discussed, I was only brought out so he could identify me before I was taken back to cell.

While he went to source for funds, the second contact I called arrived and promptly told them that my folks were in town, me wey write for statement say my people don park go back village, Choi naso matter wear Mini skirt.

They collected my dad's number and called him, not before mercilessly kicking my ass for writing false statement. My dad wasn't even In town that day but he promised to be back the next day.

The first contact was called to abort his fund raising mission because my dad took over the case. Naso my supposed one night turned to two nights.

On the third day my dad arrived and completely refueled the situation, he was expectedly very mad at me and fully committed me into their hands.
Matured man like me, I was being dragged from one office to another like generator rope, kneeling down and being trampled around like I robbed CBN.

My folks left without so much as a word to me. When I was thrown back to cell, the other guys were shocked to see me return, they couldn't believe that I wasn't freed yet. I didn't mind either, I had grown quite fond of the cell because food choke die, and I was already up to the position of vice Presido, the current Presido had only one leg, the former one was bailed out that morning.

Those NDLEA officers are raking in cash like crazy, the lowest bail collected per head was 15k, and that's if your folks know how to negotiate well, if you fall maga, them go collect you.

One G-boy that was caught with his babe shelled out 50k without complaining despite the fact that no single exhibit was found on him, he managed to throw away what he had on him before he was apprehended, but he still paid nonetheless.

My dad returned a day later with a new pair of clothing for me, I was glad I'll finally be out, he informed me that he'll be right back. Hahahahaha. I saw him two days later, Right back my foot, that man left back me, he simply paid for someone to bring me food twice a day.

Nobody spent more than 2-3 days there, if you did, then probability is that you'll be sent to Maximum prison in the state capital.
My hair that I have never completely cut since 2010 was ravaged with scissors, that was the first time scissors was touching my hair too, I still received 12 scintillating lashes on my back as payment for the dreadful haircut, I swear two drops of tears comot from my eyes, tears I never knew still existed, strong man in the trenches.

One of the officers really helped me, he was charging my small phone and taking my calls while passing me information when he could. We were allowed a phone call per day and toilet section only in the morning, afterwards, you're OYO.

To cut long story short, I finally became the only person left in the Cell, naso I became king for my lane, I was miserable, I'll spend all day singing to myself and rethinking about everything I could think off. I managed to remove a nail from the ceiling (don't ask me how, spider Man movies no be lie), and proceeded to incript my name on the wall of Fame which contained dozens of other names, I never shyed away from adding "FΓΌΓ§k NDLEA" any chance I got.

The officer that was charging my phone became concerned after awhile when he realized that I wasn't leaving there soon, I pleaded that he helped sign my undertaking letter to get me out, he agreed but informed me after enquires from his superiors that I was slated to remain there for atleast two months to recover completely. My folks felt that was the right decision for me.

Nobody asked for my consent, I was treated like a three year old, see old man like me dey knee down up and down.

When I got to know my dire situation, I faked an immediate Malaria syndrome, I threw up at a moment's notice and grabbed my head while rolling and shivering like an epileptic patient. That got their attention. Before then I only had opportunity to bathe once every two days cause I was allowed out by 6am everyday just to either sweep offices and pour out the bucket used for urine collection or use the latrine.

But due to my supposed condition, hot water was heated and I was even given Dettol soap to bathe with, the officers even bought more food for me and I was allowed to sleep in their boss office.

My folks were called and everything were signed, even though I still sorted out my bail money myself. Atleast I don comot.

Anyway I'm back to my parent's house. Back to square one, my properties were either sold, given out while few were returned back to my parent's house.

Heck I was smiling that no one touched my PlayStation, atleast I can continue my rehab at home while gaming all day long and eating mercilessly.

The down side is that, I'm being treated like a drug junkie, all my accounts have been seized and I'm only given money for specific things. Nothing spoil Sha, atleast I'll use this as a motivation to stop cruise.

I spent approximately seven days there, I swear it felt like 700 years....

God no go shame us...

494 Likes 43 Shares

Re: My Experience In NDLEA Jail by Ireportlive: 2:01pm On Jan 31, 2023
Wow

I read through everything...

God is your strength O.P.

But your parents should atleast take you to a proper rehab and let you see a professional

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience In NDLEA Jail by phorget(m): 2:12pm On Jan 31, 2023
Glad you came through, drug ain't a good substance and your dad is just my kind of person...

95 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Experience In NDLEA Jail by Therock5555(m): 2:15pm On Jan 31, 2023
Ireportlive:
Wow

I read through everything...

God is your strength O.P.

But your parents should atleast take you to a proper rehab and let you see a professional

Thanks Sire...

I really ain't an addict though, I've been living and working on my own for about four years now, I just like the cruise feeling.

But as I don cast, it's better that way, atleast I could motivate myself to be clean completely.

I don't suffer withdrawal symptoms either, just that my nightmares have returned fully, that was the major reason why I started getting stoned to sleep though, but I'll survive, no lele.

BTW I just came back from a counseling session, I'll be returning every week for check ups too. I'll be good.

213 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Experience In NDLEA Jail by ThatrealestApex: 2:16pm On Jan 31, 2023
B

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NDLEA Jail by Omihanifa: 2:28pm On Jan 31, 2023
Somewhere in nasarawa cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In NDLEA Jail by Neddstark: 2:32pm On Jan 31, 2023
Therock5555:

Thanks Sire...

I really ain't an addict though, I've been living and working on my own for about four years now, I just like the cruise feeling.

But as I don cast, it's better that way, atleast I could motivate myself to be clean completely.

I don't suffer withdrawal symptoms either, just that my nightmares have returned fully, that was the major reason why I started getting stoned to sleep though, but I'll survive, no lele.

BTW I just came back from a counseling session, I'll be returning every week for check ups too. I'll be good.

Please as this shit as happened to you. Make that strong decision to say goodbye to Maryjane. That herb can take your life down the drain and you wouldn't know. Some people take it and live normal lives but remember the dog that every child loves still bites some kids.

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience In NDLEA Jail by Kajaard: 2:43pm On Jan 31, 2023
Therock5555:

Thanks Sire...

You write well. I was hooked on the story all through and that says a lot for someone like me that hates reading long stories in this forum. And it's a believable story as well.

Like others advised, just take it easy and build yourself again. Your dad is my type of dad, a typical no-nonsense kinda dad 🀣

For your nightmares you might need to see a therapist to find out the underlying cause. I don't know you so I cannot advise you to stop taking Indian hemp since I don't know if it has a positive or negative effect on you. Cheers😎

88 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Experience In NDLEA Jail by jaymichael(m): 2:50pm On Jan 31, 2023
Neddstark:

Please as this shit as happened to you. Make that strong decision to say goodbye to Maryjane. That herb can take your life down the drain and you wouldn't know. Some people take it and live normal lives but remember the dog that every child loves still bites some kids.
That dog that every chuld loves still bite some kids. True!

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience In NDLEA Jail by stacyadams: 3:07pm On Jan 31, 2023
Therock5555:

Thanks Sire...

How did ndlea track Ur house abi person snitch u abi na random burst..sorry about Ur ordeal

38 Likes

Re: My Experience In NDLEA Jail by Oyetboy(m): 3:35pm On Jan 31, 2023
Wow... This needs to be on the front page

4 Likes

Re: My Experience In NDLEA Jail by Therock5555(m): 4:04pm On Jan 31, 2023
stacyadams:

How did ndlea track Ur house abi person snitch u abi na random burst..sorry about Ur ordeal

Yes, it was a snitch job, NDLEA doesn't go on random burst.

They offered me the option to tell them about smoking joints if I knew, I'll be offered a percentage if the raid was successful and the boys bailed themselves.

But I ain't no snitch, I no fit tell them nothing. I still don't have a faint idea on who snitched in me too but I've forgiven 'em...

107 Likes

Re: My Experience In NDLEA Jail by Zonefree(m): 4:25pm On Jan 31, 2023
stacyadams:

I'm thinking his family organised that burst, the reason they abandoned him in that cell.

The first contact was called to abort his fund raising mission because my dad took over the case. Naso my supposed one night turned to two nights.

His dad took over the case and elongated his stay. It's all planned to humble him and it worked.

96 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience In NDLEA Jail by Kajaard: 4:28pm On Jan 31, 2023
Therock5555:

Yes, it was a snitch job, NDLEA doesn't go on random burst.

They offered me the option to tell them about smoking joints if I knew, I'll be offered a percentage if the raid was successful and the boys bailed themselves.

But I ain't no snitch, I no fit tell them nothing. I still don't have a faint idea on who snitched in me too but I've forgiven 'em...

nlfpmod
Mynd44
Lalasticlala

This thread is front page worthy😎

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In NDLEA Jail by Raymonjays007(m): 4:33pm On Jan 31, 2023
You really suffer for that place . Sorry bro

4 Likes

Re: My Experience In NDLEA Jail by Generalwoodz(m): 4:33pm On Jan 31, 2023
When I got to the point where you said, "you faked malaria" then the bittersweet memory came flooding in.

Somewhere in the North. A decade ago... I faked grave ulcer and the then commandant Major General (-----) gave order for my release and that of my mates.

I had on a white tee shirt, a knee length blue shorts and black stockings. I wasn't alone. I had comrades or better still cadets hopefuls dabbed in exact same outfits and haircuts.

If you haven't guessed we were held in a Jail at secluded spot in the Nigerian defense Academy.

The memory is fugy but we were at least 10 young boys confined in high walls. One was a Minister's son, another an Elder statesman. others were offsprings of respected and Seasoned politicians.

πŸ˜‚ I had nobody but well behaved and acted as a child of an astute business tycoon somewhere in Kafanchan. I had to do that after they told their profiles.

We had a Sprite rubber pet unlike you who had a big bucket for urination.

The picture is still clear how we squeezed the cap of our tennage penis to fit into the rubber to pee afterward disacharged by pouring way through the strong barricaded little opening that was designed to let in air for disgruntled inmates.

The food!πŸ˜‚ I'll never forget in hurry the delicious delicacies that graced the hard floors we slept on. Three square meals bro! Egusi soups with big big meats! Oh, how soft the semo was...πŸ›πŸ›πŸ›πŸ›πŸ›πŸ›πŸ›

I never felt lost, lost in thoughts and or utter hopeless because of the hot foods and evident display of comradeship. You may call it paradise in hell.

We had no one legged presidio or number one.

The high walls had bold inscriptions and told grand tales of men whom have been in and out of that place.

116 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience In NDLEA Jail by Candidlady: 4:37pm On Jan 31, 2023
This man

kiss
Re: My Experience In NDLEA Jail by Timagex(m): 5:01pm On Jan 31, 2023
Nice story. You write very well. Say no to drugs! Say no to bala....

wink

....blue. grin

16 Likes

Re: My Experience In NDLEA Jail by epondudu: 5:02pm On Jan 31, 2023
Op you are a fantastic story teller I love this your write up.
Please continue smoking it's seems that thing gives inspiration. grin

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience In NDLEA Jail by Raymond0008(m): 5:09pm On Jan 31, 2023
How much dem use bail you?

Never had any issues with either Ndla, police or Efcc.

Lowkey is the best life.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience In NDLEA Jail by TheChameleon: 5:40pm On Jan 31, 2023
Nice
Re: My Experience In NDLEA Jail by CyberHustle: 5:44pm On Jan 31, 2023
GOSNM. Go and sin no more.
Re: My Experience In NDLEA Jail by youngrichnigga: 5:49pm On Jan 31, 2023
Some interesting shit hereπŸ₯ƒπŸ₯ƒπŸ₯ƒ
Re: My Experience In NDLEA Jail by Mercury12(m): 6:12pm On Jan 31, 2023
Therock5555:

The down side is that, I'm being treated like a drug junkie, all my accounts have been seized and I'm only given money for specific things. Nothing spoil Sha, atleast I'll use this as a motivation to stop cruise.

Your resolution is what matter most. It makes your story worth reading.
I feel sad seeing people that their life had been damage by various hard drugs.
Rehab centers and psychiatric hospitals are filled with their lots.

So if you should stay away from drugs then do not because you fear being rearrested by the police or NDLEA but for your mental health and general wellbeing

17 Likes

Re: My Experience In NDLEA Jail by Etosha: 7:12pm On Jan 31, 2023
Hehehehe...u write so we'll.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NDLEA Jail by SleekyP(m): 7:36pm On Jan 31, 2023
Where is lalasticlala & nfpmod angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience In NDLEA Jail by Olachase(m): 7:41pm On Jan 31, 2023
And will you believe I was that officer that cut ur hair and slapped you, don't worry we will get you again, you felt you are smart by acting sick.😏😏

No worry eyes go jam again na boot I go take remove your teeth 😁😁😁

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience In NDLEA Jail by Therock5555(m): 7:48pm On Jan 31, 2023
Omihanifa:
Somewhere in nasarawa cheesy

Oga why you dey cast my location grin

I dey try hide some facts here.... Be careful.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience In NDLEA Jail by Franzinni: 7:48pm On Jan 31, 2023
Wow. This is a nice read OP... I too love a kiss or two from marryjane and in the back of my mind I am like, what if I get bursted...

I forgot.... I am the law !!!! Hahahahaha

But for real tho thanks for sharing... It very informative

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience In NDLEA Jail by Therock5555(m): 7:52pm On Jan 31, 2023
Neddstark:

Your last quote got me man. No be lie.

I keep telling myself while In there, "I didn't smoke for one straight week, I didn't shrink or run mad, so why can't I keep it up."

Before then, I can't remember when last I went a day without a form of cruise (dope, cigarettes or beer)
No be say them born me with cruise nah, I managed to quit alcohol and cigarettes to a bearest minimum, but you see that lovely MaryJane......

Make I go listen to Stephen and Damian Marley jam use am console myself... grin

26 Likes

Re: My Experience In NDLEA Jail by Therock5555(m): 7:55pm On Jan 31, 2023
Kajaard:

You write well. I was hooked on the story all through and that says a lot for someone like me that hates reading long stories in this forum. And it's a believable story as well.

Like others advised, just take it easy and build yourself again. Your dad is my type of dad, a typical no-nonsense kinda dad 🀣

For your nightmares you might need to see a therapist to find out the underlying cause. I don't know you so I cannot advise you to stop taking Indian hemp since I don't know if it has a positive or negative effect on you. Cheers😎

I had to leave out so many facts because the matter long to create novel, I didn't want NLanders to start complaining that I wrote an epistle....

As for my nightmares, I've been having them since I was young, I could remember fleeing to my parents room everynight until I got a grip on it and started managing it.

MJ completely eliminated it cause I stopped sleeping, I just get stoned and pass out, wake up the next morning like a new born baby.

Now I wake up an average of 4 times a night.... I go still dey manage am Sha... Cause sleeping pills could cause another addiction.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience In NDLEA Jail by Therock5555(m): 8:00pm On Jan 31, 2023
Zonefree:

I'm thinking his family organised that burst, the reason they abandoned him in that cell.

His dad took over the case and elongated his stay. It's all planned to humble him and it worked.

Only my kid sister know where I live, infact my house key was given to my dad when I arrived, that was the first time he was stepping into my house to clear my stuff.

The second contact I called was an ex-boss of mine who I felt could get me out no matter the amount, but instead he came and ran his mouth about my folks.

That's when they realized I had lied in my written statement, I was given half a dozen double slaps and forced to vomit my dad's number.

Na why them call the first person that went to get the bail money to withdraw since my dad had been involved already.

17 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Seriki Muktar Adebayo: I Smuggled Drugs To Survive, Says Footballer / FUTA Female Student Killed By A Hit And Run Driver On Her Way From Church (Graph / Police Arrest Dismissed Policeman Declared Wanted For Offa Bank Robbery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.