Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:59 PM

Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink (25679 Views)

My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria / Elon Musk’s STARLINK Approved By Nigeria / Twitter DMs To Have End To End Encryption - Elon Musk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by lhordspy: 5:09pm On Jan 31, 2023
Nigeria becomes the first African country to welcome Elonmusk’s Starlink data service.

Starlink is now available in Nigeria – the first African country to receive service!
https://twitter.com/SpaceX/status/1620166806722981890?t=tq6rpZyZ7v90aFY1mRSuxw&s=19

19 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by lhordspy: 5:09pm On Jan 31, 2023
Nigeria is doing great.

Yet some people will still be angry with this news. They dont like any good thing happening to this country. But they want to rule the country.

72 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by Victorclean1: 5:11pm On Jan 31, 2023
Nothing new bro. Starlink is meaningless if poverty index is high here.

272 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by SadiqBabaSani: 5:18pm On Jan 31, 2023
They will find a way to bring down the installation cost

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by Qtrpst4: 5:18pm On Jan 31, 2023
There service is not for poor people like you

Dem no dey accept urchinry money
lhordspy:
Nigeria is doing great.

Yet some people will still be angry with this news. They dont like any good thing happening to this country. But they want to rule the country.

153 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by SadiqBabaSani: 5:20pm On Jan 31, 2023
Hope they find a way to bring down the installation cost.

I also want to ask, if this starlink which reportedly has antenna to be installed will serve me in my workplace or I can only use it from home.

i ams sure Musk will have his marketers in Nigeria who will push the services to people who don't know what Starlink offers

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by Ckonnet: 5:21pm On Jan 31, 2023
Meaning that we have the worst rate / internet penetration.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by GODovaerrethin: 5:23pm On Jan 31, 2023
Why is dat guy holding the book looking thirsty, like he should swallow the girl... Smh swamp running Niggas will always be a niggas!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by lhordspy: 5:26pm On Jan 31, 2023
GODovaerrethin:
Why is dat guy holding the book looking thirsty, like he should swallow the girl... Smh swamp running Niggas will always be a niggas!

Lol. Baba got lost in wild thought. See fresh girl like that.

Only God knows what was going through his head like that. Very bad thought.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by Nbote(m): 5:31pm On Jan 31, 2023
Hope they actually spread and give these mobile networks a run for their money.. Where's multilinks, Starcomms and all those other CDMA networks that came put sometime ago

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by NaughtyBrainiac: 6:20pm On Jan 31, 2023
Yes o

They all know the real market is here

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by stano2(m): 6:21pm On Jan 31, 2023
That’s good but we have a lot we are facing right now.
Infact where is the power supply to power the starlink.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by FactBoyz: 6:21pm On Jan 31, 2023
grin
Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by EzegeNdiigbo: 6:21pm On Jan 31, 2023
achievement abi
Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by saxywale2: 6:21pm On Jan 31, 2023
Clap for yourself Nigerians.

Another Buhari/APC achievement.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by SouthSouth1914: 6:22pm On Jan 31, 2023
Yet Nigerian banks cannot afford to disburse funds belonging to customers. Useless country with devilish leaders!!

Sebi the common man will eat starlink data services! Mumu

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by IMASTEX: 6:22pm On Jan 31, 2023
Good news, but would have been a better news if other infrastructure were in place, i.e. power, stable economy, etc. Las las, they are here to cash-out on the population.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by TristanX: 6:22pm On Jan 31, 2023
lhordspy:
Nigeria is doing great.

Mugu!! Will the poor man eat starlink? Will Star link reduce the inflation rate? Will it reduce the price of fuel, kerosene and gas? No be person wey don chop go use Starlink?

Mad man

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by deji17: 6:22pm On Jan 31, 2023
Victorclean1:
Nothing new bro. Starlink is meaningless if poverty index is high here.

You spend a good portion of your life commenting nonsense online and you expect poverty not to be your best friend? Dey play . grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by MrRemedyAlagbo(m): 6:23pm On Jan 31, 2023
Nbote:
Hope they actually spread and give these mobile networks a run for their money.. Where's multilinks, Starcomms and all those other CDMA networks that came put sometime ago
some are still working in Lagos,portharcourt and Abuja basically for multinational companies

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by Lukgaf(m): 6:23pm On Jan 31, 2023
Similarly, starlink's availability in Nigeria brings hope for a more connected future, especially for students and those who have been limited by the high cost of internet access. I believe this will pave the way for affordable internet, making it possible for more individuals to have access to educational resources, including my Yorùbá mathematics classes. I'm looking forward to reaching a wider audience and sharing my knowledge with more students.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by tivta(m): 6:23pm On Jan 31, 2023
Interesting .
Hopefully the likes of mtn and co will Begin to offer true unlimited internet...

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by FalseProphet1(m): 6:24pm On Jan 31, 2023
Africans and backwardness. Is this supposed to be an achievement?

This I have seen.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by tegrianonigltd(m): 6:24pm On Jan 31, 2023
lhordspy:
Nigeria is doing great.

You don’t get, you feel it’s by all these when the average citizen is hungry and dying from hunger, kidnapping, banditry, etc. country where if you don’t know anyone you would die poor, country where govt don’t assist the citizens, South African pay their vulnerable single mothers etc and unemployed. Countries have to work, Country where if you don’t do yahoo or bg fraud or know people, or lick ass or enter politics to play dirty, or you will die poor.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by honor4me: 6:25pm On Jan 31, 2023
• SpaceX gets six licences from NCC, may spend $30b on coverage
• To battle MTN, Airtel, Globacom, 9mobile, others for market share
• Rural-Urban telecoms service to witness new growth

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by YungMillionaire: 6:25pm On Jan 31, 2023
angry
Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by treatise: 6:25pm On Jan 31, 2023
TristanX:

Mugu!! Will the poor man eat starlink? Will Star link reduce the inflation rate? Will it reduce the price of fuel, kerosene and gas? No be person wey don chop go use Starlink?

Mad man
The new naira notes will bring down inflation.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by JuanDeDios: 6:25pm On Jan 31, 2023
lhordspy:
Nigeria becomes the first African country to welcome Elonmusk’s Starlink data service.

https://twitter.com/SpaceX/status/1620166806722981890?t=tq6rpZyZ7v90aFY1mRSuxw&s=19
The shege MTN and Etisalat have shown me, ehn?! Thank God it's about to end.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by dc23(m): 6:27pm On Jan 31, 2023
This is pure nonsense. Is the satellite only of Nigeria? NGO's have been using it is sub Sahara some years now

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Launch Of Itel S16 Series And Enjoy Better Life Slogan / Hack Your Nokia S60v3/v5 In Less Than 3mins Without Cert & Key / Gionee Declares Bankruptcy, Enters Liquidation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.