Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,854 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks (45206 Views)

CBN Uncovers $2.4bn Foreign Exchange Scam / Ogun Government Threaten To Shut Commercial Banks Rejecting Old Naira Notes / Naira Notes Redesign: Central Bank Orders Commercial Banks To Work On Saturdays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by olaniyilukman(m): 8:28pm On Jan 31, 2023
abobote:
Just 4M and they are making noise.

CBN are trying so hard to exonerate themselves from this economic mess, and pitching Nigerians against the commercial banks
You are fool, is #4m not part of the redesign notes
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by seanwilliam(m): 8:29pm On Jan 31, 2023
Yugoslavia247:
POS are charging 300 500 for 5k old notes

Now who do we blame?

Govt
Banks
POS operators
Ourselves

I don tire
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by muykem: 8:29pm On Jan 31, 2023
4m. CBN is mad internationally
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by Omoapena(m): 8:30pm On Jan 31, 2023
Hendrixky:
Hmmmm
I will always say and i will keep on telling people that our politicians are not the corrupt ones

But the masses on the street
Go to government parastatal and organisations
And see the way workers and civil servants are behaving....
For all of you thinking we are gonna tackle corruption should forget about it
Nigerians are sincerely not angry about corruption but they are pretending to because they are not the ones carrying out the corruption

Wait just take a walk to any government yellow fever vaccine centre and tell them you want the vaccine...I repeat they won't give it you...the person on duty willl demand 20k to 25k...this is something government supplied for free for the masses to be vaccinated

Please 🙏 our media houses wether TV stations and radio should stop airing programs on only how listeners will be calling in to criticise our politicians only.....all media houses should enter the street of Nigeria and see corruption...

Fact, I just experienced same corruption at the fueling station now...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by maasoap(m): 8:32pm On Jan 31, 2023
Kingspin:
I have already maintained that many commercial banks are working with politicians

Lol. Just because CBN dey drag 4m naira with a ghost bank. Why not make the new notes plentifully available to commercial banks? We didn't have this problem with old notes, I would rather put the blame on CBN printing insufficient currencies

2 Likes

Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by higgs: 8:36pm On Jan 31, 2023
Polictical CBN.
Blaming their inefficiency and ineptitude on innocent,overworked commercial bank workers.
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by Adedapo57: 8:38pm On Jan 31, 2023
TheChameleon:
Fidelity Bank... holding it for Peter Obi.
i swear they really are.. only fidelity Dey get cash steady and dispense till night
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by maasoap(m): 8:40pm On Jan 31, 2023
CBN is making too much noise just to cover up their lapses. Putting all the blames on commercial banks, making them look bad. Knowing fully well that Zombiedients no get brain to analyse situation, whatever CBN vomit, Zombiedients swallow without questions asked

2 Likes

Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by concho(m): 8:43pm On Jan 31, 2023
Yugoslavia247:
POS are charging 300 for 5k old notes

Now who do we blame?

Govt
Banks
POS operators
Ourselves

I don tire
It’s cheap In your area
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by litaninja(m): 8:45pm On Jan 31, 2023
lol. 4 Million?

lmao
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by drololaaof: 8:46pm On Jan 31, 2023
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/CBN-uncovers-N4m-in-Ogun-knocks-commercial-banks
The DMB should be held accountable because for most part of December and january we are not receiving new notes from the banks ,it has been complaints upon complaints that what they are allocated is in short supply . Even the ones received by them whom did they give it to either on the counter or ATM. The banks CCTV should be checked to see how the new notes were dispensed and to whom.

1 Like

Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by Theo001(m): 8:49pm On Jan 31, 2023
Wow what a cheap price 😳😳😳I paid #500 to withdraw 5k💔now tell me how you see that one 😩😂😂
Yugoslavia247:

Now who do we blame?

Govt
Banks
POS operators
Ourselves

I don tire
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by Theo001(m): 8:49pm On Jan 31, 2023
Theo001:
Wow what a cheaper price 😳😳😳I paid #500 to withdraw 5k💔now tell me how you see that one 😩😂😂
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by Kaa4(m): 8:59pm On Jan 31, 2023
Our freshly died currency. What a beaut. I am yet to touch one, though I am not eager.
adenigga:

Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by Tycyborg(m): 9:02pm On Jan 31, 2023
Hendrixky:
Hmmmm
I will always say and i will keep on telling people that our politicians are not the corrupt ones

Nigerians are sincerely not angry about corruption but they are pretending to because they are not the ones carrying out the corruption

Wait just take a walk to any government yellow fever vaccine centre and tell them you want the vaccine...I repeat they won't give it you...the person on duty willl demand 20k to 25k...this is something government supplied for free for the masses to be vaccinated

Please 🙏 our media houses wether TV stations and radio should stop airing programs on only how listeners will be calling in to criticise our politicians only.....all media houses should enter the street of Nigeria and see corruption...

You are one of the sane Nigerians with good mind for thinking without bias

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by Tycyborg(m): 9:05pm On Jan 31, 2023
Hendrixky:
Hmmmm

Even the fuel station attendance will tell you they will collect 200 before they sell in your fuel tank... And other Nigerians supports the act... When you question this attitude they tell you it's normal... But they are all fast to blame... Look at the self inflation happening in this country as well
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by Fiscus105(m): 9:08pm On Jan 31, 2023
Hendrixky:

And you think government eyes will be everywhere?

What are those head of department in government parastatal doing?

You know the funny thing

Nigerians have accepted already that what we do in the street is not corruption but what the politicians do in office is the one we should be seen as corruption

Govt eyes everywhere? Yes that is reason they called it govt. Meanwhile, it doesn't even need to be everywhere, they only need to be cleaned themselves and deal decisively with erring subordinates to serve as deterrent for others.
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by Hendrixky: 9:16pm On Jan 31, 2023
Tycyborg:

Even the fuel station attendance will tell you they will collect 200 before they sell in your fuel tank... And other Nigerians supports the act... When you question this attitude they tell you it's normal... But they are all fast to blame... Look at the self inflation happening in this country as well

Exactly what I said

Nigerians see what politicians are doing as wrong

But they see what they themselves are doing as normal

1 Like

Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by fineboynl(m): 9:33pm On Jan 31, 2023
The CBN projection had failed. Economic theories are always good on papers. But not in reality. A complex economy like Nigeria and lifestyle doesn't work so well with the cashless economy. Bank server currently is about to crashes. Money sent always hang. This is just fraction of the people who tended to make transfer of 2k,5k,10,20, because of the scarcity of the new Naira. Just imagine of 20% of Nigeria decide to go cashless there going to be a big problem.

Transaction above 100k should be restricted to cashless. But below should not be forced to go cashless afterall Nigerians are already doing transfers.
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by ajani1978(m): 9:48pm On Jan 31, 2023
inoki247:
Lol just 4m CBN Neva serious dem go soon uncover 50k....

So na 4m dey cause scarcity like this wetin no go take customer 1hr before dem withdraw am finish...

make dem give us the bank address make we go withdraw the ,4m...

You lack integrity
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by Ken4Christ: 9:49pm On Jan 31, 2023
The money in circulation and those stored in people's homes are far much more than the estimate the CBN is working with.

The CBN didn't give the commercial banks enough of the new notes. Period.
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by GlobTrotter: 9:59pm On Jan 31, 2023
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by dominic17: 10:13pm On Jan 31, 2023
Yoruba Muslim on the loose religion and trial sentiment will never allow them to hear voice of reasoning.
seunlayi:
A sane president should have sacked this CBN governor for his failures - poor redesign of new notes, distribution, etc. He is even saying the notes will stop be accepted for deposit later....
Now, should we believe that it is just this ₦4m that is causing the scarcity of the new notes?
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by Voiceofthestree: 10:18pm On Jan 31, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

Now who do we blame?

Govt
Banks
POS operators
Ourselves

I don tire
This evening I paid 500naira to get 5k from pos and nah old money all is 100naira note self who do we offend for this country self
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by dochenaj: 10:32pm On Jan 31, 2023
Some are saying just 4 million naira.

Not realizing that this 4 million was only uncovered in one bank branch.

Now, let's assume there are 50 of such branches hoarding new notes. Is it still just 4 million?
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by mistermoney: 10:56pm On Jan 31, 2023
[Please can someone tell me what is wrong with Kuda Bank App? I can't log in. I hope dem never fold up. quote author=Yugoslavia247 post=120533637]POS are charging 300 for 5k old notes

Now who do we blame?

Govt
Banks
POS operators
Ourselves

I don tire[/quote]
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by Nicepoker(m): 11:08pm On Jan 31, 2023
Hendrixky:
Hmmmm

There are institutions created to enforce laws. Who manages those instructions? Who appoints the law enforcers? Are they not the politicians? If the leaders do the right thing create structures that can curb corruption. You think the masses will go astray? You are not dealing with reality and I know for sure you are fully aware that you are deceiving yourself.
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by Mikebjoe: 12:11am On Feb 01, 2023
adenigga:

Nigerians are trying so hard to run away from the truth but that's not possible we all have hand in the damage of the country and people won't rest from doing that, the government decide to change the money just because the money that is meant to be in Sacculation. is be store underground but people still go to the bank officials to buy the new note so they can store it back, the bankers are there selling the money to them and refuse to release the money to the community Nigerians are animals and need serious iron hand
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by Seun(m): 12:27am On Feb 01, 2023
fineboynl:
The CBN projection had failed. Economic theories are always good on papers. But not in reality.
What happened is exactly what was expected to happen by all economic thinkers. Emefiele and Buhari's voodoo economics has never worked

4 Likes

Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by lexy2014: 1:55am On Feb 01, 2023
Kingspin:
I have already maintained that many commercial banks are working with politicians

CBN said it found...why did CBN not mention the bank and the sanction it imposed? its very easy to deceive many nigerians
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by lexy2014: 1:57am On Feb 01, 2023
inoki247:
Lol just 4m CBN Neva serious dem go soon uncover 50k....

So na 4m dey cause scarcity like this wetin no go take customer 1hr before dem withdraw am finish...

make dem give us the bank address make we go withdraw the ,4m...

why did CBN not mention the bank and the sanction?
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by lexy2014: 1:57am On Feb 01, 2023
igbotormentor:
Quiet expected

and yet CBN doesnt have the balls to mention the bank and the sanction to be meted out. make una no let these people deceive una

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Jonathan In Germany (Photo) / Peter Obi Condemns Killing Of Christopher Eleghu, Imo Labour Party Candidate / Young Suicide Bomber Intercepted By Soldiers In Adamawa State. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.