Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,853 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:19 AM

Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (118586 Views)

The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 2:59pm On Sep 18, 2007
well as the saying goes:

it never rains, IT POURS.

especially on the catholic church.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by soldee: 3:10pm On Sep 18, 2007
@ Pilgrim.

Its good to see u have so much energy, but do u realise just how much hate u have spread on this thread alone? Is that the matter u are composed of? You are attacking people for professing their love for Jesus and Mary, is it the worst sin in the world to love the Mother of my Redeemer? Is that the 'sin' that needs the most urgent attention? Love Since catholics have professed Jesus and Mary, why don't u leave Jesus to punish or reward them? Is it too much to wait till the day of salvation (day of judgement for some) for Jesus to clear everybody's doubt?

I'm sure u don't want my salvation more than I do. Just as I'm sure that u are not 100% sure that if u drop dead RIGHT NOW that u would go STRAIGHT to heaven. Since this is the case, why don't u direct all this energy and effort into ensuring that when u do, the road to heavn will be clear. Leave catholics to do their own thing. A vast majority of catholics honestly and sincerely seek God, whichever way they go about it, and I'm sure God will not abandon them.  - I can't say the same for haters - in all u do LOVE, THEN DO WHAT You WILL!!!

To all Catholics, I hope we can find a thread to discuss and focus on higher things, like how if Jesus dwelt in a womb for nine months, that womb will remain eternally sacred.

Like if Jesus obeyed all God's commandments to perfection, u can imagine how well he must honour his MOTHER

Like how fast u can access Jesus as a sinner, and even how much faster u can reach him with one word from his mother.

Anyone can go to Jesus directly, nobody says they shouldn't. But if I decide to ask his mother to help me put in a good word, where is the complication in that?? We do it as human beings everytime we need favours from people, we know when a mother speaks the son listens so whats the big deal??

When someone abuses our mother we blacklist them for life, but we feel we can insult the mother of or Redeemer and still go to him anyhow we like? I tell its his mother begging for mercy for such people, if not then for don see wahala.

To all Catholic Haters, just go on your knees and humbly ask God to show you the right path. Ask him in the deepest recesses of your heart what he desires of u, don't be afraid to listen to him. You'll find that there's whole world of Love he wants u to experience, and a whole sick world of people who don't even know Jesus that need saving, and u might just be the one he's waiting to hear 'Lord Send Me' from. Stop attacking Jesus people.

Even if people go to Jesus wrongly, Jesus is so powerful that the "JESUS" in their approach is enough to nullify all wrong. Jesus will rescue his own, the question is, are u among them?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by fantastico(f): 3:52pm On Sep 18, 2007
The Catholic faith is the foundation of Christianity. To many it is a source of inspiration in the worship of God and building of the Christian faith. Those that disagree with our faith do so out of sheer ignorance but we cannot be dettered because we know the hope we long so much and the salvation that awaits us. So fellow Catholics stand up and be counted. To us Mary deserves to be honoured. If we can honour, respect and eulogise our earthly pastors, what more can one say about a woman who not only felt the prescence of our saviour but actauly bore Him in her womb, fed Him and infact did every good thing to Him. The importance of getting things done through her is replicated in the wedding at canaan, when Christ listened to the plea of her mother. If Christ did that in Canaan through Her, He could still do it to day through her because HE IS THE SAME TODAY, TOMORROW AND FOREVER. Mary must certainly be honoured.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Mosetra(f): 4:21pm On Sep 18, 2007
It is good to give honour to whom it is due. The point being made here is not about honouring, it is about making images and bowing down to them! You keep using the argument of Mary carrying Jesus in her womb, that was then. Mary carried the uncrucified Jesus. if that is the basis for honouring her, then every true Christian who worships God in SPIRIT AND IN TRUTH and who is baptized by FIRE as happened during the days of St. Peter whom u claimed to be first Pope, has Jesus - the resurrected and glorified Jesus in them. so do we now go about carrying the image of people who we atleast know are really children of God and start bowing to them in the name of honour.

Pleaseeeee, since i was a child the only excuses you guys give are "do u remeber the wedding at cana, when Mary told Jesus, " or "if God found her worthy to give birth to His son, who are we not to , " i used those same arguments myself for many years. Pleaseeeeeee, Christianity is not mathematics where 2 + 2 must be 4. The word of God is surrounded with mysteries. the Bible may be written in English, but you do not interpret it the way u read it. That way it simply becomes a book of religious stories. I takes understanding and wisdom from God to understand what is contained therein.

I have catholics who are really versed in the Bible, they do not venerate nor adore images. Other Catholics say they are not real catholics. Now is it the devotion to Mary through her images that really distinguishes you as a Christian? Are we supposed to be Marians or Christians?

Once again May God have mercy on us all!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by hayo(m): 4:23pm On Sep 18, 2007
@ Fantastico
You people have started heresies and apostasies o - I thot Jesus is the foundation o, where is it written in the bible about CC being the foundation of God's Church?
And note Eph 2:18 - the only access we need to the father is through Jesus by the help of the Holy Spirit. Mary, we adore 'cos she is blessed amongst women but she is not the holy spirit. Search the scriptures well.

Eph 2:18
For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

Eph 2:19
Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

Eph 2:20
And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by uzomaeze(m): 4:31pm On Sep 18, 2007
proudly catholic

st john catholic church igando
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by cgift(m): 4:34pm On Sep 18, 2007
My heart weeps when i hear some people talk and all i see is brainwash! brainwash!! brainwash!!! People have become humanoids; they cant read, see, think for themselves except follow what a sinner like them tells them!

From the biblical Mary to your pope, they were(are) all sinners that Christ came to die for. In the real sense of it, you should be praying to Joseph because it was though him that the promise of the Messaih was fulfilled. It was Joseph, who was an offspring of David as prophesied by the prophets not Mary grin grin This is getting more and more interesting! Joseph would probably have don anything to Mary and have her stoned to death 'cos they would have thought she committed fornication! I think it is Joseph that needs more honour! grin

You have turned your pope to a god and Mary to your saviour! Okay, fantastico and soldee, do you believe Mary is your saviour instead of Christ? Answer yes or no
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Pamperme: 4:42pm On Sep 18, 2007
Glory to Jesus

Honour to Mary cool
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 5:26pm On Sep 18, 2007
Images and Imageries Another Explanation for you Protestants.

Some people use their hands to condemn themselves. God said do not make any images or liken Him with anything in Heaven or under Heaven, yet we address Christ as the Lion of Judah. Is this not Imagery (Smiley)? I have explained this many times that from Imageries we have Images. Imagery is oral expression which is figure of Speech and it helps adults to understand better and not children. But Image is the drawing or picture or statue and they helps to increase understanding especially for children.

No difference between two of them, yet we go ahead to using Imageries when addressing Christ. You often say that the Holy Spirit descended upon the Apostles like a dove. This is Imagery and it is smiley. No, you are trying to explain or visualizing the manner which the Holy Spirit came, that is very gentle – as gentle as a dove. You critics always address Jesus as the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the word. Is Jesus a lamb (animal)? No, you are also trying to explain the purpose why Jesus came to this world. A Lamb is used for sacrificial purpose. So, Jesus came to sacrifice His life to redeem mankind.

With the above explanations which (you) Protestants use always, it then means you have gone contrary to the Commandments of God – that you should not liken Him with anything? You can see how you have condemned yourselves base on your sheer ignorance of the bible. It is quite sure that each time you address Jesus as the Lamb, your mind don’t see Him as an animal, in the same way, when Catholics bow before images, our hearts are focused on the Living God.

Now I accuse you (Protestants) of worshiping Lamb, Lion and Dove

Any difference between Imageries and Images? Then, point them out to free Protestants from the same accusation you labeled against Catholics. Free yourself now.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 5:28pm On Sep 18, 2007
Pilgrim & Cgift,
[b]

The Revelation Chapter 12.[/b]

I have read all your posts but of the view that your explanations are really on shaky ground and does not in any way relate to the revelation. As for Cgift, I hope Pilgrim had already kicked your points out - that Christ did not come out of the Church rather the Church was established after Christ. So, the woman is not the Church.

Now Pilgrim, you said the woman referred in Revelation Chapter 12 was Israel and the dragon was or were foreign nation(s) that attempted to wipe Israel. Let me remind you, Israel as a nation could not be the woman hence less than 10% of the Israelites believed in the name of the Son (Jesus) the woman gave birth. It was still the Jews (Israel) the dragon used and tried unsuccessfully to kill the Child when He was born, and not foreigners. The Jews (Dragon or Herod) was not able to kill the Child because the Mother fled to a foreign land. This shows that the dragons was or were not those foreign nation(s) you claimed, because God used a foreign nation (Egypt) to save the Child’s life from His own people (Israel). It was because of the Child that hundreds of innocent babies were killed by Herod - not foreigners perpetrated this heinous act against the innocent babies, just because of the Child. It was the same Jews that finally killed the Child when it was the time to fulfill the prophesy of the old, and foreigners had no hand in it. Your interpretation(s) that the dragon was those nations that sought to wipe Israel was totally far from the truth and had nothing to do with Revelation Chapter 12. Up till this moment, less than 40% in Israel believe in the name of this Child whom God has given every authority. It was still Israel (Jews) that started the persecutions of the remaining children of this woman who kept or keeps the Commencements of God as revealed in Rev. Chapter 12.

So, if Israel was the mother of the Child referred in Revelation Chapter 12 as you said, how the same mother could turn against the remaining of Her children because it was obvious that the remaining Children believed in the name of the child and kept the Commandments of God.
Could you now see that this woman was no other person than Holy Mary and Her remaining Children are Catholic faithful who have taken Her as their mother?

Could you humbly accept that any person who has not accepted this woman as a mother is not among those who keep the Commandments of God?

I hope you have now believed that those Pastors who write rubbish against Catholic (the remaining children of this woman) belong to this devilish dragon?

Could you now pray for wisdom to distinguish the true Catholic Church founded by Christ Himself from those money making venture churches whose Pastors have no other motives than to enrich themselves at the expense of their deceived followers?

My Regards grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 5:31pm On Sep 18, 2007
@Mosetra,

You should better hide your face in shame. You are such that attend catechism classes only to cram everything, but don’t understand a single line of what Catholic teaches. I have seen your type in the past. They are fast to say “when I was a Catholic, I didn’t see the light but now I ‘m seeing the light back and front, left and right, yet they cannot distinguish between light and darkness. tongue

We all know that being a Priest is not easy, and every Priest will tell you that he had committed Himself being a Priest, but not because the Catholic teachings are false - there are a lot of disciplines and orderliness in Priesthood. That is what your friend who is a Priest is trying to let you know. To be a Priest in Catholic Church, you must be ready to carry your cross and follow Christ, that is Christianity. Catholic Priests are not like Protestants who anoint their men within 3 years of training, only to see them messing around, jumping up and down after they might have taken some weeds – join with alcoholics and they are now charged to demonstrate deadly blows that always bring the followers down. A miracle of falling has happened.

Could you imagine someone who claimed she Confirmed in Catholic Church and have never heard of Church goer or being very Churchous. undecided

So, all your years in Catholic Church, you have not come across John Chapter 20 vs21-25 where Jesus Christ blessed His disciples and said “receive the gift of the Holy Spirit, any sin you forgive they are forgiven, the ones you retain are retained.” I repeat go and hide your face in shame, you have demonstrated that while you were a Catholic – you was jumping from Church to Church. You was not born a Catholic, but something chased you out from your original church to Catholic, now to another church. Tomorrow will be white garment. I’m not even sure you were a Catholic even. undecided
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 5:50pm On Sep 18, 2007
Pilgrim and Cgift

I will feed you people more on Revelation Chapter 12. grin You can see how boxed yourselves. grin Don't just get confused. Again, you guys should explain why Protestants have to go contrary to the Commandments of God - don't liken God with anything. So, why likening Christ or comparing Him with "the Lion of Judah, Lamb of God, the Holy Spirit as a Dove. I need to know why you (Protestants) are worshipping animals and birds. It don happen o, counter accusation! grin

@Hayo,

You are talking because others are doing so. You know nothing of what you are saying. Luke 1:9, the Priest Zechariah was burning Incense when Angel Gabriel came to him. It says according to the custom of Priesthood – which means Priests are required to burn Incense for God. Don’t just condemn Incense simply because some Pagans are burning Incense for Satan. After all we have Altar of God, we also have altar for Satan. They bear the same name – Altar shrine
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by hayo(m): 5:58pm On Sep 18, 2007
@Ebos - Your argument tire me o - I expected more from you sha. Be careful about jesting with biblical truths - I will proceed to give you references -
Lion of Juda is a biblical truth.
Rev 5:5
And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

So is Jesus described as a Lamb
John 1:36
And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!

And even the Holy Ghost as a dove
Luke 3:22
And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

Now show me where Mary was equated as the holy spirit or our access to God. Also show me where we were required to worship her. Use biblical facts - run from Heresy and Apostasy.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 6:35pm On Sep 18, 2007
and it continues to rain
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by texazzpete(m): 6:39pm On Sep 18, 2007
hayo:

Now show me where Mary was equated as the holy spirit or our access to God. Also show me where we were required to worship her. Use biblical facts - run from Heresy and Apostasy.

Man, use your head! Even the title of this thread says 'Honour to Mary'. Where have you seen any Catholic claiming to worship Mary? I'm sorry to be so harsh, but it's pretty dense when people like you keep parroting this untruth.
Even muslims revere Muhammed, but they don't worship him, all worship is saved for Allah. Catholics save ALL worship for Jesus and the Holy Trinity.

We can bicker about things in the Bible all day long, it still doesn't change the fact that we're all christians. Sadly, if most of you Catholic bashers look inwards, your contribution is veering towards the "WE'RE on the right path, all others are astray" than actual meaningful discourse. As long as we all believe in Jesus Christ as the son of God, as long as we Love our Neighbour as ourselves and as long as we keep God's commandments, we're all on the right track.
I have nothing but pity for people who hinge their salvation on their refusal to celebrate Christmas on Dec. 25th or who feel that the holy day should be Saturday and not sunday. Those are peripheral issues.

Whether or not catholics see the need to ask Mary to intercede for them when praying to God, the important thing is prayers are being directed to God. Every catholic realizes that God alone grants our prayers, and that's the bottom line.

Strange how some of the more virulent haters quote scripture copiously to try and defend their words. yet if you read this
“But I say to you that every one who divorces his wife, except for the cause of unchastity, makes her commit adultery; and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery” (Matthew 5:32).

and compare it with the casual attitude towards divorce of our new generation churches (from where most of the anti-catholic flak is coming from) you'd be surprised. At least i didnt hear any furore when one major pentecostal pastor in lagos divorced his wife a few years ago . . .
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 6:48pm On Sep 18, 2007
@texazpete

as lawyer said, just ignore this pple, nothing is new under the sun.

these are the same old bickerings from the time of Our Lord Jesus himself, through St. Athanasius, St. Anselm, St. Jerome,, till today. no one answer suffices for this pple. so make sure you stand fast in your faith.

Act of faith: "Oh my God, I believe in You and ALL THAT YOUR CHURCH TEACHES, BECAUSE YOU HAVE SAID IT AND YOUR WORD IS TRUTH"
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by mrpataki(m): 7:35pm On Sep 18, 2007
This topic is more of a ridicule to me than something to take serious. undecided
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by cgift(m): 7:52pm On Sep 18, 2007
texazzpete :

Man, use your head! Even the title of this thread says 'Honour to Mary'. Where have you seen any Catholic claiming to worship Mary? I'm sorry to be so harsh, but it's pretty dense when people like you keep parroting this untruth.

What do you to somebody whom your popes refers to as the saviour Rome? What we are saying here is that your Mary has usurped the functions of Jesus stealthily. The Vatican knows it, you don't. How i wish I am chatting with the Pope directly and let hiim know this. But i am sure he knows (as others before him knew) that they have stripped Jesus of his functions and passed them to Mary all in the name of cajoling the imaginary Mary, Queen of Heaven to help soothe an angry Jesus! Which kain tin b that? I am also sure you know as a result that you run to Mary for refuge! Cant you see this is an anti-Christ doctrine? Do you not believe in the bible? Have you ever read it that Jesus said in John 6:37, that " All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.? You should agree with a plain mind that anything that is outside this is definately not from Christ except you guys have a bible of your own different from what others use (I know you do sha but you guys say you gave us the bible! I still cannot reconcile - the inconsistency is leaving me in suspense and i hate it)

texazzpete :

Even muslims revere Muhammed, but they don't worship him, all worship is saved for Allah. Catholics save ALL worship for Jesus and the Holy Trinity.

Jesus is obviously not enough for you guys as you pray both through and to Mary

texazzpete :

We can bicker about things in the Bible all day long, it still doesn't change the fact that we're all christians.

I doubt sincverely if i can call you christains anymore in the light of so many inexplicable teachings that has nothing to do with Chrisy of his Apostles. Someone somewhere tells you this is how things should be done and you take it hook line and sinker without sifting or engaging your thouoghts deeply to see if it rhymes with the scriptures like the Bereans did See Acts 17 : 11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
This what is clearly missing amongst catholic folks.

texazzpete :

Sadly, if most of you Catholic bashers look inwards, your contribution is veering towards the "WE'RE on the right path, all others are astray" than actual meaningful discourse. As long as we all believe in Jesus Christ as the son of God, as long as we Love our Neighbour as ourselves and as long as we keep God's commandments, we're all on the right track.

The same trap again! Thats why i told a catholic friend that you people are not even conversant with the quotes of your popes Read this page which is approved by the catholic church http://www.ihsv.com/interview.html. Pope Pius IX had said -"Neither sanctity nor salvation can be found outside the Holy, Catholic, Apostolic, Roman Church."(cf. Racolta 626). Finish the page. I hope you know papal quote very well. You are the ones that believe that we are infidels and that your church is the only true way. May be the Vatican believes one thing and your local priests taches you another but i am sure the church is not disorganised. I know them for that, so it is probably that someon is only trying to display some duplicity here!

texazzpete :

Whether or not catholics see the need to ask Mary to intercede for them when praying to God, the important thing is prayers are being directed to God. Every catholic realizes that God alone grants our prayers, and that's the bottom line.

It is another escapists strategy and akin to saying in that all that matters is that I graduate from school whether i cheat or maim or do whatever to achieve the goal - Is tha tsome machivellian postualte that the end justifies the means?

texazzpete :

Strange how some of the more virulent haters quote scripture copiously to try and defend their words. yet if you read this
“But I say to you that every one who divorces his wife, except for the cause of unchastity, makes her commit adultery; and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery” (Matthew 5:32).

and compare it with the casual attitude towards divorce of our new generation churches (from where most of the anti-catholic flak is coming from) you'd be surprised. At least i didnt hear any furore when one major pentecostal pastor in lagos divorced his wife a few years ago . . .

We are not discussing personalities, we are talking doctrines. You only muddle things up when you try to dissuade attention from the main issues.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 8:33pm On Sep 18, 2007
Lol. . . @cgift, I'm enjoying your inputs - as much those of hayo et al. cheesy

I'll perch for a while and let the thread build up before I post more. Cheers bro.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 8:36pm On Sep 18, 2007
ebos:

Pilgrim and Cgift

I will feed you people more on Revelation Chapter 12. grin You can see how boxed yourselves. grin Don't just get confused. Again, you guys should explain why Protestants have to go contrary to the Commandments of God - don't liken God with anything. So, why likening Christ or comparing Him with "the Lion of Judah, Lamb of God, the Holy Spirit as a Dove. I need to know why you (Protestants) are worshipping animals and birds. It don happen o, counter accusation! grin

Well, my dear ebos, I appreciate the fact that hayo lovingly cautioned that we be careful to not jest with the things of God. Others have also made some very good replies to that; so I won't push my luck. For the moment. . . wana join me in a song? cheesy

Angels are singing You are worthy O LORD. . . You are worthy O LORD! grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by mrpataki(m): 8:43pm On Sep 18, 2007
cgift:

What do you to somebody whom your popes refers to as the saviour Rome? What we are saying here is that your Mary has usurped the functions of Jesus stealthily. The Vatican knows it, you don't. How i wish I am chatting with the Pope directly and let hiim know this. But i am sure he knows (as others before him knew) that they have stripped Jesus of his functions and passed them to Mary all in the name of cajoling the imaginary Mary, Queen of Heaven to help soothe an angry Jesus! Which kain tin b that? I am also sure you know as a result that you run to Mary for refuge! Cant you see this is an anti-Christ doctrine? Do you not believe in the bible? Have you ever read it that Jesus said in John 6:37, that " [b]All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.? You should agree with a plain mind that anything that is outside this is definately not from Christ except you guys have a bible of your own different from what others use (I know you do sha but you guys say you gave us the bible! I still cannot reconcile - the inconsistency is leaving me in suspense and i hate it)
Jesus is obviously not enough for you guys as you pray both through and to Mary[/b]

My Beloved brother,
Try not to go to the vatican oh, you are attempting a suicide mission there lipsrsealed

I know of catholics who are beginning to see the silent form of idolatry that exist within the catholic empire. My prayer is that may their eyes of understanding be continually opened to see that Jesus is the Only Way, the Truth and the Life.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by texazzpete(m): 8:44pm On Sep 18, 2007
cgift:

We are not discussing personalities, we are talking doctrines. You only muddle things up when you try to dissuade attention from the main issues.

No. I beg to differ. WE are not talking doctrines. This is a Catholic thread, set up by a Catholic for other catholics to discuss here. YOU are clearly trespassing and have done much (along with your misguided cohorts) to distract genuine catholics for the purpose the thread was set up.
FYI, it's is not Catholic doctrine that non-catholics are on a path to hell. That might have been a misguided school of thought in the past, but i can assure you it isn't.
Praying 'through' Mary isn't insinuating we're trying to appease an 'angry Jesus'. Is that the latest slogan you guys have cooked up now? Pity.

The Bible can be open to multiple interpretations, and most of these 'unbiblical' pronouncements by the more fanatical of your ilk actually do not conflict with what's int he Bible. For example, the Jehovahs's Witnesses can quote multiple passages in the Bible to prove that there's no Trinity. Many other christian denominations can prove that the Holy Trinity exists. So who's wrong?
The Bible provides guidelines for us to live our lives. The Catholic church adheres to all the laid down rules in the Bible. Even if we believe we can pray through mary, we do it with the clear idea that it isn't Usurping Jesus' position as our saviour.

Finally, i fnd it curious that you insinuate that Catholics aren't christians and we folow the 'Anti-Christ' etc. Didn't you come across the famous passage "Judge Not, lest ye be judged?"
of course not. you were prolly looking for more ammunition.

Christians believe in decency. Have the decency to stay away from a purely catholic thread. Next you'll be busting into catholic churches during mass. . .
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 8:56pm On Sep 18, 2007
texazzpete:

No. I beg to differ. WE are not talking doctrines. This is a Catholic thread, set up by a Catholic for other catholics to discuss here. YOU are clearly trespassing and have done much (along with your misguided cohorts) to distract genuine catholics for the purpose the thread was set up.

Cool down texazzpete. This is what the OP said:

FlyLyde:

Lets talk about our various parishes and the societies we belong to in church and how we think others see Catholics. Do they think we are a kind of sect?

By the highlighted part of her quote, she had (perhaps unwittingly) invited a discussion to include non-Catholics. Your referring to discussants here as "misguided cohorts" is only creating more grounds for them to post the issues you don't like to read about Catholicism. I don't read Catholics coming out to say anything uplifting about the Pope's denunciations against non-Catholics. When did this double standard start among Catholics?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 8:59pm On Sep 18, 2007
soldee:

@ Pilgrim.

Its good to see u have so much energy, but do u realise just how much hate u have spread on this thread alone? Is that the matter u are composed of? You are attacking people for professing their love for Jesus and Mary, is it the worst sin in the world to love the Mother of my Redeemer? Is that the 'sin' that needs the most urgent attention? Love Since catholics have professed Jesus and Mary, why don't u leave Jesus to punish or reward them? Is it too much to wait till the day of salvation (day of judgement for some) for Jesus to clear everybody's doubt?

I hear you - but I'm just sitting back and watching developments for now. Do I reply you line by line tomorrow? grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Basilofili: 1:17am On Sep 19, 2007
It is painful that most people read only the part of the bible they want to. It is also a sorry state for some people to fail to see Christianity as both a physical and spiritual matter. What is the meaning and office of the pope if not the Head or the Shephard of the flock of Christ a successor of Peter whom Jesus called 3 times and gave the duty to feed and take care of his lamb and flock. The same peter was told - Upon you (rock) I will build my Church, the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. You I will give the keys to the kingdom of heaven. What you forgive on earth will be forgiven in heaven.

Read and digest Mat. 28 18-20 -Go and make disciples of all nations baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you (not all that is in the bible; cos Last verse of the gospel of John said that not everything is contained in the bible) and lo I will be with you till the end of the world. let me stop here for now.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Infidel: 3:04am On Sep 19, 2007
it's so funny seeing christians at each others throat, trying to profess which bible is better or which doctrine is more outstanding and why you shouldn't pray to this and why you should follow that!

word of advise: your both so stupid for fighting over something that doesnt even exist: grin

after the insults and counter insults, you both go home and read that manuscript you call scriptures, (not to assimilate it but to prepare more ammunitions to out smoke your selves) grin

Isn't it wonderful?  wink

i have been enjoying the entertainment so far and surely this is better than the fox "movie of the day". grin

So keep up the good insulting work and hopefully one of you would wake up from this delirium and join me by the sidelines to laugh at your delusional and banal tirades grin

Meanwhile from my own little observation from the side lines, you catholics are a bunch of losers and that Pilgrim fellow is leading by a mile grin although his arguments are also irrational because it based on falsitude, he is still better off than
you catholics who can't even defend anything thrown at you!

Now entertain me more i command thee! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 6:38am On Sep 19, 2007
@Basilofili,

Basilofili:

It is painful that most people read only the part of the bible they want to. It is also a sorry state for some people to fail to see Christianity as both a physical and spiritual matter. What is the meaning and office of the pope if not the Head or the Shephard of the flock of Christ a successor of Peter whom Jesus called 3 times and gave the duty to feed and take care of his lamb and flock. The same peter was told - Upon you (rock) I will build my Church, the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. You I will give the keys to the kingdom of heaven. What you forgive on earth will be forgiven in heaven.

Appreciate your input, but then wouldn't it be great to that we read the whole rather than the part? If you carefully examine the implication of what the Lord said to Peter in Matt. 16:18, you'll find that Christ was not saying that the Church would be built upon Peter. The text does not even read as "Upon you" as in your quote.

"And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church;
and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it"

To understand that the Church is not being built upon Peter, we need to look at other verses to see if your inference is supported or not. First, Peter himself acknowledged that Christ is the chief corner stone (1 Pet. 2:6 & 7) upon which Christians are built. Second, the apostle Paul stated that Christians are being "built upon the foundation of the apostl[b]es[/b] and prophet[b]s[/b], Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone" (Eph. 2:20).

However, when you go over to 1 Cor. 3:11, you find that there is only one foundation: "For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ." This clearly shows that Jesus Christ Himself is the foundation and "Rock" upon which Christians are founded. As the Psalmist said: "He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defense; I shall not be greatly moved" (Psa. 62:2).

Cheers.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 6:54am On Sep 19, 2007
@texazzpete,

texazzpete:

The Bible provides guidelines for us to live our lives. The Catholic church adheres to all the laid down rules in the Bible.

The Catholic Church does not adhere to the Bible - and it is on record that a few Popes down through history have expressed disdain for Scripture.

texazzpete:

Even if we believe we can pray through mary, we do it with the clear idea that it isn't Usurping Jesus' position as our saviour.

What then do the Catholic bishops mean by referring to Mary as the "savior" of the people of Rome during the burial rites of Pope John Paul II?

texazzpete:

Finally, i fnd it curious that you insinuate that Catholics aren't christians and we folow the 'Anti-Christ' etc. Didn't you come across the famous passage "Judge Not, lest ye be judged?"

Perhaps that question should be directed at the incumbent Pope for denouncing other Christians as not true Churches - did he give a moment's thought to that 'famous passage' of "Judge Not"?

texazzpete:

Christians believe in decency. Have the decency to stay away from a purely catholic thread. Next you'll be busting into catholic churches during mass. . .

Lol. . . the Catholic Church has a fine history of bursting into people's homes in the past and haling them to the infernal stakes.

Anyhow, enjoy. wink
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by eagleroland(m): 6:59am On Sep 19, 2007
Glory to Jesus! I am a very proud Catholic, a Charismatic and a Prayer Minister. The Catholic Church is the only Church that can trace its origin physically to Christ Jesus. I am fulfilled as a Catholic. God bless you all.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 7:02am On Sep 19, 2007
olijo:

The Catholic Church is the only Church that can trace its origin physically to Christ Jesus.

That's interesting. Could you help us by tracing the origin of the Roman Catholic Church to Christ Jesus? Thank you. smiley
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by mrpataki(m): 7:10am On Sep 19, 2007
olijo:

Glory to Jesus! I am a very proud Catholic, a Charismatic and a Prayer Minister. The Catholic Church is the only Church that can trace its origin physically to Christ Jesus. I am fulfilled as a Catholic. God bless you all.

Could you please expound the more on this fallacy of yours? Is this about the Catholic Church been the only church? Do you know the true meaning of salvation?

Salvation is not in the name of a church or which church first you reach Jesus. Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, thats what the scripture enjoins us to do.

God Bless, am out.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 8:10am On Sep 19, 2007
@Hayol and other Protestants,

The problem with you (Protestants) is trying to prove the show us in the ‘bible syndrome.’ We said Elizabeth who was filled with the Holy Spirit called Mary the “Mother of My God” but the Protestants asked if bible instructed Catholics to call Mary the “Mother of God.” They saw it in the bible but they want a specific instruction for it. John Chapter 1 proved that Jesus is God yet they said Mary is not the Mother of God the SON made MAN.

So, I have come across the portions where Jesus addressed Himself as the Lamb of God, Lion of Judah, and that of the Holy Spirit compared with a Dove. However, as we continue the show me in the bible syndrome, I now asked you (Protestants) to show me any specific instructions where Jesus Christ or God Himself instructed you to address Him as the Lamb of God. He only addressed Himself as the Lamb of God, but He didn’t tell any person to call Him such names. If there is any portion(s) of the bible where Jesus ordered us to compare Him with those Imageries, please, we (Catholics) want to see it. We are now in the show us in the bible phase. But if you cannot show Catholics any portion(s) to back your point – then, did God contradict Himself when He said we should not liken or compare Him with anything in heaven or under it or beneath the earth?

Remember, Catholics have given references in the bible where the same God who condemned Images instructed Israelites to make Image of a wood (Covenant Box), but you (Protestants) asked if God instructed Catholics to make Images, despite God’s power that manifested in that very Covenant Box. So, I repeat, did Jesus ask you to call Him a Lamb, Lion (Animals). Who’s worshiping idols now?

So, why addressing Him in Imageries? Imageries and Images are the same. You (Protestants) also worship idols? Pilgrim and Cgift, can you free Protestants by show Catholics any portions that instructed you to address Jesus with such names, no reference – we want exact instructions.

@Infidel

I don’t think this thread is for teenagers like you who are prone to insults. You can see how mature people gave advice and not insult.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (155) (Reply)

Joshua Iginla: What TB Joshua Said When I Told Him He Was Going To Die / "Corpse Refused To Be Buried Takes Villagers To The House Of Its Killer". Photos / Female Pastor Dumps Church, Becomes A Stripper In US (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.