Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

Impermissible To Say Unlegislated Du'a (dhikr) After Prayer (salah) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Impermissible To Say Unlegislated Du'a (dhikr) After Prayer (salah) (3206 Views)

Six Forms Of Dhikr – Shaykh Abdur-rahman As-sa’di / Is It Permissible To Throw Grains Of Corn After Prayer? / Ruling On Using Adhan Or Dhikr As Ringing Tone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Impermissible To Say Unlegislated Du'a (dhikr) After Prayer (salah) by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:49am On Feb 03, 2023

All perfect praise be to Allah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allah, and that Muhammad sallallaahu`alayhi wa sallam (may Allaah exalt his mention) is His slave and Messenger.

First of all, may Allah increase your zeal in doing good, but we draw your attention to the importance of adhering to the Sunnah and memorizing the Athkaar (mention of Allah) reported from the Prophet sallallaahu`alayhi wa sallam (may Allaah exalt his mention) as there is much goodness and blessings in them.

Not all the Athkar that you say are permissible; rather, some of it is permissible and some is not.

You are not permitted to assign a mention that is not legislated after every prayer because it is feared that this is one of the additional innovations.

Therefore, you have to limit yourself to the mention that was reported from the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) in regard to the mention after the prayer, and then say whatever mention you wish after that.

We will mention to you some of the Athkar that were reported from the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam (may Allaah exalt his mention) among which is to say:

- Astaghfiru Allah (I seek forgiveness of Allah) 3 times;
- “Allahumma anta -salaam wa minkas-salaam, tabaarakta ya thal-jalali wal-ikram (O Allah, You are As-Salam and from You is all peace, blessed are You, O Possessor of Majesty and Honor.) [once];

- Subhaana Allah 33 times;

- Alhamdu Lillah 33 times,

- Allah Akbar 33 times,

- Then complete the one hundredth by saying: ‘‘La ilaaha illa Allah wahdahu la shareeka lahu, lahul-mulku walahul-hamdu, wahuwa ‘ala kulli shay-in qadeer’ (None has the right to be worshiped except Allah Alone, without partner, to Him belongs all Sovereignty and Praise and He is over all things Omnipotent.);

- Recite Ayatul Kursi (i.e. verse 255 from Chapter 2)

- Chapter 112,

- Chapter 113,

- Chapter 114,

- Say ‘La ilaaha illa Allah wahdahu la shareeka lahu, lahul-mulku walahul-hamdu, wahuwa ‘ala kulli shay-in qadeer’;

- Allahumma la maani’a lima a’tayta, wa la mu’tiya lima mana’ta, wa la yanfa’u thal-jaddi minkal-jad. (O Allah, None can prevent what You have willed to bestow and none can bestow what You have willed to prevent, and no wealth or majesty can benefit anyone, as from You is all wealth and majesty.)

There are other mention of Allah other than what we have mentioned which you can refer to in the book entitled Hisn al-Muslim (The Fortification of the Muslim) or other books of Athkaar.

We warn you that mentioning the word Allah on its own, without it being added to any other name [like saying Allahu Akbar, or Alhamdu Lillah) is not legislated; rather, it is an innovation.

As regards the Athkar of the day and the night, they are so many, among which is saying 100 times, ‘La ilaaha illa Allah wahdahu la shareeka lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa huwa ‘ala kulli shay-in qadeer’ (There is no god but Allah, the One, having no partner with Him. Sovereignty belongs to Him and all the praise is due to Him, and He is Omnipotent over everything"; whoever says it, one hundred good deeds will be recorded to his credit; a hundred of his sins will be wiped out (from his record); he will be safeguarded against the devil on that day till the evening; and no one will exceed him in doing more excellent good deeds except someone who has recited these words more often than him.” [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

You should recite the Athkar of the morning after the Fajr prayer, and the Athkaar of the evening after the ‘Asr prayer, as there is much goodness in them. You may refer to these in any books of Athkar, like Hisn al-Muslim.

Reciting Surah Al-Ikhlas [Quran 112] 10 times is reported in one Hadeeth that is classified as Hasan by some scholars. This is part of the unrestricted Thikr that you may say at any time.

Indeed, there is a great reward in reciting Surah Al-Ikhlas as it is equivalent to one-third of the Quran.

There are some other Surahs that have some special virtues, but we cannot mention them in this Fatwa but you may refer to them in the books of Tafseer (interpretation of the Quran), like the Tafseer by Ibn Katheer and others.

Allah knows best.
https://www.islamweb.net/en/fatwa/384271/impermissible-to-say-unlegislated-mention-thikr-after-prayer

May Allah forgive us, have mercy on us, guide us, sustain us, protect us and provide for us. Aamin

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Impermissible To Say Unlegislated Du'a (dhikr) After Prayer (salah) by Avast(m): 1:38pm On Feb 03, 2023
I pray almighty Allah forgives our shortcomings

1 Like

Re: Impermissible To Say Unlegislated Du'a (dhikr) After Prayer (salah) by Tunasco4u(m): 1:44pm On Feb 03, 2023
Ok
Re: Impermissible To Say Unlegislated Du'a (dhikr) After Prayer (salah) by talk2hb1(m): 2:08pm On Feb 03, 2023
Rashduct4luv:

May Allah forgive us, have mercy on us, guide us, sustain us, protect us and provide for us. Aamin
Assalam Alaikum Waramotullahi Wabarakatu,
Amin.
Please can you establish the point where reciting other Askars other the one attributed to the prophet as Bidia. At least most of the askars you pointed out are not compulsory or mandatory.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Impermissible To Say Unlegislated Du'a (dhikr) After Prayer (salah) by ybady4real: 2:16pm On Feb 03, 2023
Can you state examples of azkars that are not permissible to say after solat
Re: Impermissible To Say Unlegislated Du'a (dhikr) After Prayer (salah) by kimond101: 2:30pm On Feb 03, 2023
Please state Adkhars that are not permissible
Re: Impermissible To Say Unlegislated Du'a (dhikr) After Prayer (salah) by reccy(m): 2:39pm On Feb 03, 2023
May Allah guide and ease our affair. (Amin)

Jummah Mubarak
Re: Impermissible To Say Unlegislated Du'a (dhikr) After Prayer (salah) by merits(m): 3:21pm On Feb 03, 2023
Rashduct4luv:

1 Like

Re: Impermissible To Say Unlegislated Du'a (dhikr) After Prayer (salah) by iAmViper(m): 3:39pm On Feb 03, 2023
I do recite solat tujeena after prayer but most of my friends don't like it
Re: Impermissible To Say Unlegislated Du'a (dhikr) After Prayer (salah) by Eniolohunda: 3:56pm On Feb 03, 2023
Rashduct4luv:

Jazakum lahu khairan op, for the teaching, and I will like to read about the unlegislated Dua, because to me as a Muslim, I believe all my needs is from Allah and I can ask anything of my needs using my language that is outside those regular daily duas. So I am interested in reading about the unlegislated duas, if you can help shed more light on it.
Re: Impermissible To Say Unlegislated Du'a (dhikr) After Prayer (salah) by Hassanmaye(m): 7:15pm On Feb 03, 2023
Rashduct4luv:

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Impermissible To Say Unlegislated Du'a (dhikr) After Prayer (salah) by AdroitTee(m): 7:52pm On Feb 03, 2023
If i do it, what will happen? Take it easy,
islam is not this hard.
Rashduct4luv:

Re: Impermissible To Say Unlegislated Du'a (dhikr) After Prayer (salah) by ayinba1(f): 3:06am On Feb 04, 2023
Eniolohunda:

Jazakum lahu khairan op, for the teaching, and I will like to read about the unlegislated Dua, because to me as a Muslim, I believe all my needs is from Allah and I can ask anything of my needs using my language that is outside those regular daily duas. So I am interested in reading about the unlegislated duas, if you can help shed more light on it.

You don’t need the unlegislated dua if there’s an English word as such. The title of this useful post should have been “recommended duas after Salah “.

Extra stuff after this is what creates conflict in the ummah.

Impermissible is a strong word in Islam, I doubt that anyone completes salah and begins to curse, I would at least hope not. I would hope you ask Allah for what you want.

Allah knows best!
Re: Impermissible To Say Unlegislated Du'a (dhikr) After Prayer (salah) by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:41am On Mar 10, 2023
AdroitTee:
If i do it, what will happen? Take it easy,
islam is not this hard.

Of course nothing will except whatever Allah wills.
Just that your are not in line with what Muhammad brought!

So you are on the way your created yourself!
Re: Impermissible To Say Unlegislated Du'a (dhikr) After Prayer (salah) by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:43am On Mar 10, 2023
Eniolohunda:

You can supplicate in your own language of course! But the best are the one's traceable to the Prophet of Islam.
Re: Impermissible To Say Unlegislated Du'a (dhikr) After Prayer (salah) by Newnas(m): 7:00am On Mar 23, 2023
talk2hb1:

Assalam Alaikum Waramotullahi Wabarakatu,
Amin.
Please can you establish the point where reciting other Askars other the one attributed to the prophet as Bidia. At least most of the askars you pointed out are not compulsory or mandatory.
There you go.

You're welcome.
Re: Impermissible To Say Unlegislated Du'a (dhikr) After Prayer (salah) by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:39am On Apr 05, 2023
iAmViper:
I do recite solat tujeena after prayer but most of my friends don't like it

It did not come from the Prophet like Salatal-Ibrahimiyah!

So it is bid'a and misguidance!
Re: Impermissible To Say Unlegislated Du'a (dhikr) After Prayer (salah) by chillychill(f): 5:09am On Apr 19, 2023
May Allah guide us thtough the right path.

(1) (Reply)

Kalimatul Shahada / When Muslims Were Tired Of Fighting, Allahh Said Peace Was Not An Option / Help Us PMB! There Is No Transparency In 'hajj Medical Team' Selection By NAHCON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.