Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,171 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

Fuel Hike, Naira Scarcity: Buhari Must Act Now! Governor Akeredolu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Hike, Naira Scarcity: Buhari Must Act Now! Governor Akeredolu (15035 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: Buhari, Three Other Officials Who Failed Nigerians / N78.9b Refund: I Have Not Received N1 Till Now – Governor Wike / I Am Wiser Now - Governor Akinwunmi Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Hike, Naira Scarcity: Buhari Must Act Now! Governor Akeredolu by fergie001: 3:30pm On Feb 03, 2023
THE PRESIDENT MUST INTERVENE, DECISIVELY, ON THE CRISIS OF DISTRIBUTION OF PETROL AND CURRENCY NOTES

The people of this country have been compelled to live under excruciating pains occasioned, mainly, by the contrived crisis in the petroleum sector.

Nigerians have been at the mercy of the unscrupulous elements in the distribution chain who have sustained the artificial scarcity of the product since late last year.

The unsavoury sight of the past has not only resurfaced in all the major cities of the country. It is also eroding the goodwill enjoyed by the Federal Government for the stability achieved in the past seven years.

Nigerians have been living with scarcity of petroleum products for some time now. Fuel scarcity, a phenomenon which this current Administration had once confined to the dustbin in the chronicle of happenings in an inglorious past, has suddenly assumed a permanent feature of our daily existence and there appears to be no solution to the perennial crisis.

The Central Bank of Nigeria, through his Governor, Mr. Godwin Emefiele, who purports to act under the powers conferred on the institution by the CBN Act, has chosen this period, when the country prepares for general elections, to redesign the currency notes for sundry reasons, chief among which is the need for the bank to be in control of the currency notes in circulation and checkmate the unwholesome activities of terrorists and their enablers and election riggers.

The struggles and actual fights recorded in banking halls, ATM and POS points, and markets across the country are disquieting.

The choice of this period for the implementation of a policy, which bears an instant negative impact with no discernible mitigation in sight, raises serious suspicion of partisanship on the part of the CBN.

The ordinary people are the victims. Depositors can no longer access their monies even to feed their families. Hunger is not the anticipated result of a monetary policy.

While no reasonable person will contend with the decision of the CBN to discharge its statutory functions, the plight of the downtrodden must, however, be considered. Majority of Nigerians groan, at present, under the crushing weight of these crises.

There is pervasive discontent in the land and unless some urgent redemptive steps are taken to ameliorate the debilitating effects of seeming desultory and nonchalant disruptions of their normal simple lives, a series of events with unpleasant consequences is inevitable.

There is palpable anger engendered by frustration in the land. The wave of discontent increases with unbelievable rapidity across the country. The current hardship being experienced by the ordinary people forebodes unpleasant consequences.

These crises may set in motion a chain of events the end of which is better imagined.

The Federal Government must make a categorical pronouncement on the availability of petrol and its price since it is the general belief that the country still pays humongous amounts as subsidy

A situation which permits a few individuals to inflict pains on the populace, seemingly without check, is deplorable. The CBN Governor, Mr. Godwin Emefiele, must come clean on the new monetary policy.

Nigerians are practically buying the country’s currency to feed when we are not in a state of war.

The fact that the ruling party hopes to present candidates for election in the general elections in the coming weeks accentuates the level of suspicion as regards the possibility of having certain elements whose interests stand at variance with the general aspirations of the party and its committed members.

There is no better way to de-market a brand than this ruthless execution of a pernicious motive. The Federal Government, through the President (@MBuhari), must act now.

Arakunrin Oluwarotimi O. Akeredolu, SAN, CON Governor, Ondo State

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Hike, Naira Scarcity: Buhari Must Act Now! Governor Akeredolu by PlayMaker14: 3:33pm On Feb 03, 2023
Today, you'll act as if you're feeling the pains of the common Man, Tomorrow you'll be in the Presidential wing licking Buhari's scrotum...

Stand one place and fish out those miscreants involved in the Owo massacre.

87 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fuel Hike, Naira Scarcity: Buhari Must Act Now! Governor Akeredolu by Thewrath(m): 3:35pm On Feb 03, 2023
Now you want him to act? Dey play,just dey play.

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fuel Hike, Naira Scarcity: Buhari Must Act Now! Governor Akeredolu by MajorOvakporaye(f): 4:13pm On Feb 03, 2023
Why is it that most of the politicians crying and screaming over the Naira redesign are those supporting Tinubu? I mean, when has the pain of the masses become so important to these idiots? They are even crying more than the masses that it is claimed to affect the most. There is something these guys are afraid of. You cannot tell me that they have ever had feeling for the masses. Save that for fools.

74 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Fuel Hike, Naira Scarcity: Buhari Must Act Now! Governor Akeredolu by phemmyjohnson: 4:13pm On Feb 03, 2023
The dullard has finished this country .. fuel 350 per liter, Nigerian naira being sold in the black market , No money to eat the high cost of food in the country .
God has left us to deal with our bad decision 8 years ago ! What a grave mistake we have made OMG!!

21 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike, Naira Scarcity: Buhari Must Act Now! Governor Akeredolu by SpecialAdviser(m): 4:13pm On Feb 03, 2023
Action Bitters!!! Problem is that APC Urchins are attacking Emefiele leaving the major culprit Buhari. Their hypocrisy is on another level

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fuel Hike, Naira Scarcity: Buhari Must Act Now! Governor Akeredolu by Senator777: 4:13pm On Feb 03, 2023
People suffer when a fool is in the seat of power.

8 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike, Naira Scarcity: Buhari Must Act Now! Governor Akeredolu by SenatePresdo(m): 4:13pm On Feb 03, 2023
Why Be say na South West politicians and Tinubu mercenaries
carry this matter for head?

Since When did these politicians started caring about the masses?

When ordinary palliative that was given to us by The world Bank during Lockdown, they couldn't give it to the people.

Make these Politicians die their fake love for the masses.

Peter Obi is coming.

48 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Fuel Hike, Naira Scarcity: Buhari Must Act Now! Governor Akeredolu by Cj4charles(m): 4:13pm On Feb 03, 2023
When the South East and South South where screaming "Egungun be careful na Express you dey go" you guys called us dot Nation. Abeg Enjoy your Change in peace

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Hike, Naira Scarcity: Buhari Must Act Now! Governor Akeredolu by Torjay(m): 4:13pm On Feb 03, 2023
Honestly
Re: Fuel Hike, Naira Scarcity: Buhari Must Act Now! Governor Akeredolu by FactBoyz: 4:13pm On Feb 03, 2023
cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike, Naira Scarcity: Buhari Must Act Now! Governor Akeredolu by israelmao(m): 4:13pm On Feb 03, 2023
Three options are beckoning on every Nigerian with PVC today whether to stand aloof,watch and do nothing or to monetize today and mortgage the future or delay gratification today in order to save Nigeria's future.It's not safe to place our future in the hands of a drug baron as well as an oppressor either is it safe in the hands of a shameless thief.Our decisions and actions will make or break us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Hike, Naira Scarcity: Buhari Must Act Now! Governor Akeredolu by CodeTemplar: 4:13pm On Feb 03, 2023
In the bible, money faileth because things became scarce by reason of drought. In buhari's end time money failure, it was due to lack of money itself. Goods are available to be exchanged but no money to effect it.
Petrol raw material is available but no petrol, because of politics of domination.

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike, Naira Scarcity: Buhari Must Act Now! Governor Akeredolu by moscow007: 4:13pm On Feb 03, 2023
All of a sudden they now care about the masses

That's how CrossRivers Governor hoarded Covid Palliative and came to National TV to shed tears of mockery that his people are suffering without food.

Thank God for Obi...Joy comes in the morning.

8 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike, Naira Scarcity: Buhari Must Act Now! Governor Akeredolu by ekanx27(m): 4:13pm On Feb 03, 2023
We the masses are not complaining.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Hike, Naira Scarcity: Buhari Must Act Now! Governor Akeredolu by Naija4love(m): 4:14pm On Feb 03, 2023
🤧 What my eye see today before i get 6k my money ooo na 20k i need, 2k from different POS 600 to get the 6k, make i no talk wayting happen for ATM before i moved to POS, if i add transport and stress i go kill person🤧🤧 . Na God go punish the person who get the idea of the naira redesigned policy.😡😡😡

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Hike, Naira Scarcity: Buhari Must Act Now! Governor Akeredolu by sotall(m): 4:14pm On Feb 03, 2023
cool

Tinubu supporters are smelling defeat grin grin

Buhari please show them shege grin

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel Hike, Naira Scarcity: Buhari Must Act Now! Governor Akeredolu by obinna58(m): 4:14pm On Feb 03, 2023
Just few minutes ago I entered filling station to buy fuel which will help me in hunting the new scarce naira notes from different bank, I was shocked when I saw 450 per liter, I filled it anyway, entered different banks but most of the banks were lock, many atm line reached about 2000 people

Naira I no see even pos no get old naira again
I used the small money I had to buy fuel at high price

Well I’m going hunting again for naira notes by 12midnight today make I see how e go be for atm.

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike, Naira Scarcity: Buhari Must Act Now! Governor Akeredolu by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 4:14pm On Feb 03, 2023
E shock me say person wey the shout sai nana since 2015 follow dey ATM queues

Politicians don't care about you.

Na all of us the collect wotowoto

6 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike, Naira Scarcity: Buhari Must Act Now! Governor Akeredolu by RZArecta(m): 4:14pm On Feb 03, 2023
Bitter tears of agbadorian îmbeciles grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Hike, Naira Scarcity: Buhari Must Act Now! Governor Akeredolu by Sholaco: 4:14pm On Feb 03, 2023
Buhari name is failure

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike, Naira Scarcity: Buhari Must Act Now! Governor Akeredolu by mhktaryan: 4:15pm On Feb 03, 2023
Talk today shoosh tomorrow, chameleon
Re: Fuel Hike, Naira Scarcity: Buhari Must Act Now! Governor Akeredolu by Lovenorth: 4:15pm On Feb 03, 2023
I am happy that Buhari has killed APC grin shocked

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Hike, Naira Scarcity: Buhari Must Act Now! Governor Akeredolu by Kimiso(m): 4:15pm On Feb 03, 2023
Am only concerned about the naira scarcity for now because how person go get money for bank still suffer to spend money chop,abeg na person wey chop dey stand for fuel station
Re: Fuel Hike, Naira Scarcity: Buhari Must Act Now! Governor Akeredolu by adioolayi(m): 4:15pm On Feb 03, 2023
Leave him..make he dey play..

Dem no dey tell person..

If Mr President no see the protest at Ibadan today, where protesters destroy facilities at OYO State government secretariat, Emefiele and other aides go see am as seen in various eyewitness videos online..

No be when you have a relatively peaceful country, you start talking about policies

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Hike, Naira Scarcity: Buhari Must Act Now! Governor Akeredolu by phemmie06(m): 4:15pm On Feb 03, 2023
Na today? Ẹ ti rí nkenken
Re: Fuel Hike, Naira Scarcity: Buhari Must Act Now! Governor Akeredolu by specialmati(m): 4:15pm On Feb 03, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin grin buhari that is looking for another hardship to give out grin grin grin grin grin ,if after buhari you are still suporting his friends atiku and tinubu that brought him to power in 2015.na demons they handle your file. where is that suya guy that said buhari is the best thing to happen to nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike, Naira Scarcity: Buhari Must Act Now! Governor Akeredolu by Nicegees(m): 4:16pm On Feb 03, 2023
Wetin Buhari wan do.. that man is incapable of doing anything jare

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike, Naira Scarcity: Buhari Must Act Now! Governor Akeredolu by mickeyenglish(m): 4:16pm On Feb 03, 2023
ekanx27:
We the masses are not complaining.

"You" not "we" is not complaining..

Post No Bill..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Hike, Naira Scarcity: Buhari Must Act Now! Governor Akeredolu by Judolisco(m): 4:16pm On Feb 03, 2023
Your excellency sir... Breeze reach your side 2

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike / Nationwide Strike: NLC, TUC Lagos Affiliates Comply / Despite Producing Most Oil, Akwa Ibom Has No NNPC, DPR Offices - Governor Udom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.