Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,353 members, 7,808,237 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know (12264 Views)

Setting The Facts Right : Tecno Camon C8 Vs Iphone 6 Camera Test / Android Vs Windows Phone Vs Ios - Home Screen / Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by texazzpete(m): 11:01pm On Apr 22, 2012
abubaka101:
You mind am? All those devices are freaking expensive per se! So he is either bluffing or hes working for Boko Haram (laughs).

...or perhaps I have more money than you do? grin

I just mentioned two phones and two tablets and you're salivating as If i said i owned a private jet.
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by texazzpete(m): 11:07pm On Apr 22, 2012
samfibby: @texazzpete From your quotes and replies Its obvious you are stuck to apple, so much so that you would post a revenue chart probably drawn up by apple inc. Yes, a lot of dudes who carry around a iphone or apple product know next to nothing about these phones, they are so eager to join the club of apple users that they are milked dry by apple. There are definitely more android users using free and available stuffs online and equally having a great time with their phone, try get one and see, feel the experience. As regards the name, am i bad, sorry 4 de mixup, the two have a thing in common. MONOPLOY KINGS

Haba!
The image i posted CLEARLY shows the data source below the graph (Flurry Analytics). What then is the reason behind the statement "revenue chart probably drawn up by Apple"?

There are a lot of Apple users that are not tech savvy, just like there are definitely a lot of Android users that know little about technology too. In fact, I sometimes think many Android fans are a lot less tech savvy than we think. When you see the kind of daft things I see from Android fanboys in the Engadget comments...

Finally, just because I rep iPhone a lot doesn't mean I dislike Android. I AM picking up a HTC One X shortly...and that's the best Android phone out there.
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by 2kurupt(m): 11:14pm On Apr 22, 2012
@Cuteness. Install Droidwall & Apk quarantine from the play store, they enable you select apps that can access data & disable background apps that you don't need respectively, thereby saving battery juice
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by tobeski(m): 11:16pm On Apr 22, 2012
texazzpete:

Please learn how to quote posts properly before I bother responding to you. While I scanned through your long submission and found the usual, ignorant drivel I expected, I cannot do justice to it until you modify it.

Thank you.

pussy :p
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by hustla(m): 11:32pm On Apr 22, 2012
samfibby: @texazzpete From your quotes and replies Its obvious you are stuck to apple, so much so that you would post a revenue chart probably drawn up by apple inc. Yes, a lot of dudes who carry around a iphone or apple product know next to nothing about these phones, they are so eager to join the club of apple users that they are milked dry by apple. There are definitely more android users using free and available stuffs online and equally having a great time with their phone, try get one and see, feel the experience. As regards the name, am i bad, sorry 4 de mixup, the two have a thing in common. MONOPLOY KINGS

Did u just say that about texazzpete??dd u join nairaland yesterday!!!!
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by jedisco(m): 12:08am On Apr 23, 2012
texazzpete:

Dude, this is 2012. I cannot remember when last I ever thought about doing a file transfer via bluetooth. If you don't have a data plan to enable you send your files by email, why are you using a smartphone?

Java? This is 2012 o! Why are you still living in the stone age? Who uses java apps anyway?
.zip folder support is an EXTREMELY niche item. I struggle to see the relevance here

I have been using smartphones since 2004 from Nokia Series 60 to Windows Mobile to iOS and some dabbling with Android. Never have I wanted to save a webpage. if you had said 'save music' or stuff like that I may have conceded a point to you.
grin

I was just reading along and smiling until I saw this. Infact it really drove me insane. Did someone just type this?

1. This is 2012 and its absolutely naive for someone to be making a case supporting the absence of the Bluetooth feature on mobile devices.
Dude did you just mention email? Its like saying one should buy a laptop without wifi cos it has a port for a usb modem.
So if someone sees a picture or song on my phone and wants it, I would have to send it through a mail? In 2012? Man you've got no point here.
I even thought you were referring to NFC support only for you to mention email.

2. Java althoug quite old still comes in handy for me as I've got a few java apps which I use quite often and its a feature I will still like available for the time being.
3. Did you just mention .zip being a niche item?
You've got alot of explaining to do there.
C'mon, my file manager and zip manager come in just as handy. Over 50% of files I download online are in zip format. So you mean I would be unable to use this files on a smartphone or I would have to look for their native formats which are most times unavailable.

4. You've never wanted to save a webpage?
Man if you want to lie to us, tell ur a lie you would believe.
I will pay to have some of my saved web pages

In summary, if you're going to make a point for ios, then you should understand that all mobile platforms be it symbian, windows, android e.t.c have their flaws. You don't get any point by trying to deny them. You should rather focus on the high points of your device.

Mind you I'm not in support of android, I just don't like people insulting my intelligence.

1 Like

Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by SisiKill1: 1:19am On Apr 23, 2012
Yeah. . .what I said!! tongue
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by Princek12(m): 1:19am On Apr 23, 2012
blink182: Generalizing to this extent is plain Stu. pid. As a matter of fact you are very ignorant. Please tell me how  OS is both archaic and outdated? The ☎ was made for business people on the go who need to stay connected. Its not a toy like most girls think it is. People who know what the  is for will hardly come here to say anything cos they are usually too busy making money, Then they can have a second ☎ for play usually ios, belle or android. Have used the three OS and as far as gaming goes, they are mostly the same. YES mostly the same.

I guess you are one of those folks who just got exposed to smart phones in the last 2 years.
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by Ola3tag(m): 4:03am On Apr 23, 2012
texazzpete:

Can you people PLEASE speak confidently about things you know about? How can anyone say there are no free third party apps? There are just as many (if not more) free apps on the Appstore as in Google's Play Store.

You say no free third party apps...what are Skype, Facebook, Tango, Temple run and many others?
ηø mind am nA back of book e ┌d┐єу read for school
Olodo rabata!
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by texazzpete(m): 7:31am On Apr 23, 2012
jedisco:

I was just reading along and smiling until I saw this. Infact it really drove me insane. Did someone just type this?

1. This is 2012 and its absolutely naive for someone to be making a case supporting the absence of the Bluetooth feature on mobile devices.
Dude did you just mention email? Its like saying one should buy a laptop without wifi cos it has a port for a usb modem.
So if someone sees a picture or song on my phone and wants it, I would have to send it through a mail? In 2012? Man you've got no point here.
I even thought you were referring to NFC support only for you to mention email.

Correction. The iPhone HAS bluetooth, just not bluetooth file transfer.
Secondly, I had to go over my posts carefully just to make sure I wasn't seeing things...where exactly did i 'support' the absence of Bluetooth on the iPhone? All i simply said was that this is 2012...not 2004 when I spent lots of time transferring wallpapers and ringtones to my Nokia Ngage. Bluetooth file transfer is no longer the only means of file transfer and the frequency of use is vastly reduced.
Will I buy a phone because once in a year I may want to receive a photo from someone? Never! And with an iPhone and a Blackberry with data plans, i'd much rather receive a photo via email where I KNOW it will always be there than standing in place for a minute because someone wants to use Bluetooth to send it to me.

In the 2 years i've owned and used a Blackberry device, I have used my Bluetooth only ONCE to transfer a file. For me, it is a non-essential. Since the iPhone is the highest selling smartphone in the world, it's clear tens of millions of people feel the same.

You Wifi Analogy doesn't hold water, sorry. Wifi is a critical feature, bluetooth is NOT.

I think you folk need to move along with technology.

jedisco:

2. Java althoug quite old still comes in handy for me as I've got a few java apps which I use quite often and its a feature I will still like available for the time being.

All those Java apps have since been supplanted by native iOS and Android apps that deliver more functionality in a more stable, attractive package. I challenge you to mention some of these apps and demonstrate that there is no better app in the 425,000 app strong Android market.

jedisco:

3. Did you just mention .zip being a niche item?
You've got alot of explaining to do there.
C'mon, my file manager and zip manager come in just as handy. Over 50% of files I download online are in zip format. So you mean I would be unable to use this files on a smartphone or I would have to look for their native formats which are most times unavailable.

Do I really NEED to define the word 'niche' for you?

The vast majority of people out there do not need the ability to open .zip files.
However, for those who need it, the jailbreak app 'iFile' is a file manager with ZIP and RAR support.

jedisco:

4. You've never wanted to save a webpage?
Man if you want to lie to us, tell ur a lie you would believe.
I will pay to have some of my saved web pages

Why would I want to save a webpage? If i need to revisit content i'd rather save a bookmark or favorite that page and view the most up-to-date info when next i want to revisit that content.

For those who really want to actually SAVE pages, the free Pocket app (formerly 'Read it later') on the Appstore allows you save content for viewing later, even when offline. it's FREE!

The Cydia app 'Weboffline' lets you save pages just like on a computer too.

So while saving pages is not a must-have feature for me, iOS users are not left out.

jedisco:

In summary, if you're going to make a point for ios, then you should understand that all mobile platforms be it symbian, windows, android e.t.c have their flaws. You don't get any point by trying to deny them. You should rather focus on the high points of your device.

Mind you I'm not in support of android, I just don't like people insulting my intelligence.

Did you not read the part where I talked about every smartphone OS having 'pros and cons'? I have taken time to dispel some of the obvious items of misinformation in this thread. Things like 'lack of java support' are a real hilarious joke and for someone to say the highest selling smartphone in the world is a 'toy' because it does not support a scarcely used feature like bluetooth file transfer is just laughable.
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by texazzpete(m): 7:39am On Apr 23, 2012
Here's a quick test for you folks.

jedisco, let's say you take a photo of your friend Blink182. Blink182 requests you to send him the photo. What do you do?

a) Select Send via bluetooth,
Wait 5-10 seconds for the bluetooth radio to initialize (because no normal person would have their bluetooth on throughout, draining battery)
wait 30 - 40 seconds for the Bluetooth scanning to complete and detect Blink182's phone.
Select Send and stand in place (within 10 metres of blink182)

or

b) Select send Via email
Wait 2 seconds for the email compose window to come up
Type in email and click send

Now tell me, which is faster? I am even being rather generous in terms of bluetooth radio startup time...plus in many smartphones the Send via Bluetooth option is buried under menu layers.
On the plus side, sending via email means Blink182 now can easily access the image on ALL his phones, ALL his computers anywhere in the world.

Naturally, this assumes a Wifi connection or a data plan. But if you have a smartphone and no data plan, you should NOT be discussing here!
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by Nobody: 8:25am On Apr 23, 2012
otumfour: to those of u talking abt the iphone's limitations; jailbreak an iPhone and it will do things tht ur Android devices can only dream of, lol! who uses bluetooth for file transfers these days And why are some peeps bragging abt their android phones having radio when there are countless Apps on the App store for internet radio and with internet radio u wouldn't even need the aid of ur head phones as ur antenna, plus with internet radio u get to listen to foreign radio stations.

Display & User Interface! gotta luv the iphone's interface mahn, with the retina display on the iphone since the birth of the iPhone 4, i have neva seen a phone wit a display tht beats tht retina display till date and tht is real talk mahn, icons are crispy to the core, almost feels like u could pick them with ur fingers grin , (though the Samsung Galaxy S II with its Super Amoled might be on par).

Apple just has tht special taste! grin grin grin get close to an Apple product, from a Mac to an iPhone and u'll understand why there's so much hype abt Apple products.

though I'v been using an iPhone for like ever, I just bought my first iMac and my MacBook Pro this year and damn sure ain't going back to Windows ever again, never again, the ease of use with the touch pad alone is a boner grin grin, buttom line is, y'all Android fans don't know wht y'all are missing. PERIOD!!!!!!!!
Educate me, please provide a comprehensive list. Thanks. Just softwares please, no games.
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by Nobody: 8:29am On Apr 23, 2012
Princek12:

I guess you are one of those folks who just got exposed to smart phones in the last 2 years.
Please make sense of your post. My first smart phone was that big nokia slide. Real ugly phone but back then in 2005, it was big gun. No android, iphone or anything else I knew.
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by Nobody: 8:34am On Apr 23, 2012
texazzpete: Here's a quick test for you folks.

jedisco, let's say you take a photo of your friend Blink182. Blink182 requests you to send him the photo. What do you do?

a) Select Send via bluetooth,
Wait 5-10 seconds for the bluetooth radio to initialize (because no normal person would have their bluetooth on throughout, draining battery)
wait 30 - 40 seconds for the Bluetooth scanning to complete and detect Blink182's phone.
Select Send and stand in place (within 10 metres of blink182)

or

b) Select send Via email
Wait 2 seconds for the email compose window to come up
Type in email and click send

Now tell me, which is faster? I am even being rather generous in terms of bluetooth radio startup time...plus in many smartphones the Send via Bluetooth option is buried under menu layers.
On the plus side, sending via email means Blink182 now can easily access the image on ALL his phones, ALL his computers anywhere in the world.

Naturally, this assumes a Wifi connection or a data plan. But if you have a smartphone and no data plan, you should NOT be discussing here!
You make a really strong case for the iphone, feeling it strongly.
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by tobeski(m): 9:30am On Apr 23, 2012
Looks like my previous post just became invisible to texazzpete. just what you'd expect from an apple fanboy
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by omodapson(m): 9:46am On Apr 23, 2012
I use a nokia E7 and it does everything I want on a phone, It is my mobile office. I could be wrong though, I have tried an Ipad2 but I find it boring with its limitations. Why do I need to jailbreak to enjoy my phone/tablet to the fullest? It doesn't make any sense to me. Symbian may not be a superpower in smart phone OS, but I still enjoy its simplicity and the freedom it offers to users. If I were given the freedom to choose at the moment, IOS can never be considered, my choice obviously will be Android and Symbian because of their rich user experience and limitless options.
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by Sike(m): 10:23am On Apr 23, 2012
Subscribed.
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by texazzpete(m): 10:53am On Apr 23, 2012
tobeski: Looks like my previous post just became invisible to texazzpete. just what you'd expect from an apple fanboy

I have been in the company clinic for 2 hours over a migraine...I have a life outside here, you know. I think typing the previous response gave me that headache grin

Sorry for not responding to your posts...i'll tackle it when I get myself sorted out
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by Princek12(m): 11:46am On Apr 23, 2012
blink182: Please make sense of your post. My first smart phone was that big nokia slide. Real ugly phone but back then in 2005, it was big gun. No android, iphone or anything else I knew.

That is my point. You were using the Symbian OS in Nokia and probably just got your first Blackberry last year, so you are still excited. And I am sure you live in Nigeria. I say so because everyone in the civilized world knows Blackberry is outdated. As a matter of fact, Blackberry has pulled out of the USA's consumer market and is steady losing grounds in the business market.

So what is your point? That Blackberry OS is not outdated and that its technological features are equal to the Android OS and Iphone? Typical mentality of someone who still lives in the dark age and thinks he is "Behind" because he can ping and ping all day.

My first Blackberry was in 2001, and the Android and Iphone's technological features are superior to Blackberry's. You can wallow in your own Blackberry ancient world and refuse to concede an obvious fact: Blackberry is outdated and is a thing of the past, except, of course, to people who are still living in Nigeria and other uncivilized countries where the only that matters to them is pinging.
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by Luckki1001(m): 11:58am On Apr 23, 2012
My fellow phone-pple, you see, I gave up on this phone-comparison issue a long time ago. No matter how we are going to cook up videos or diagrams or whatever to make our phone look better than the others, we need to realize that both Android and IOS are here to stay, for life. Get used to it. This war will continue to rage on and on till rapture takes place (and even after it sef grin).

Anyway, I am not an Android user (although I plan to acquire the Samsung Galaxy Note as soon as possible), but as a current iphone user, I think some of the points raised on here are downright childish and untrue. No matter how one wants to look at it, each OS has its drawback, and it is left for the fellow who wants to buy to carry out some research before buying a phone. Let me start from the key points raised from the beginning:
Bluetooth File Transfer:
[/b]I agree that the iphone does not come with bluetooth file transfer by default and some other things, but a jailbreak solves the entire issue. Android users cannot claim to be righteous here cause we know that to enjoy the full functionality of a phone, you need to hack it to gain super admin access (rooting,, as Android call it). Like it is rightly said in the Apple world, "there's an app for that" Right now, I can send files to other phones through bluetooth (I have only used it once though, just to send a pic of my wife to her Nokia phone) and that's it. These days, bluetooth file transfer usage is very rare. But I just like to have it just in case.
[b]Memory Card

I fail to see how and why I need a memory card after having an iphone that has 32gb inbuilt memory. I quite understand the need to expand the memory in the event that you need to make use of it, but come on, what can you actually use to fill up a 32GB memory? Last time I checked, it should be videos, music and some huge apps. But we need to draw the line here. Is it that you are actually filling up the memory with things that you know you need or just filling up for filling up sake (Make dem say I get plenty things on my phone). I really don't understand why someone should load their phones with over 500 music when u can never listen to them all, over 10 DVD seasonal films! Come on!
Multitasking:
In the life of me, I have never heard or seen that you can only multi-task for some apps and can't multi-task for others. I don't know exactly when Iphone started multi-tasking, since I am just a newbie to the Apple world, but I can multi-task away on my fone for virtually all apps I have on it.
No Connectivity except with Itunes:
Please, let's get real. Back in the days when I was using my Nokia N97, there wasn't truely much I could do outside of the Nokia Software and the in-built File Manager, which didn't have much functionality, compared to X-Plore. And you need to hack your phone in order to enjoy X-Plore to the fullest. Same applies to the iphone and even Android users. You need to hack the phone (Android - Root and Iphone - Jailbreak) to gain admin access to all parts of the phone. True the iphone cannot work outside of itunes but like I said before, a Jailbreak solved everything. Now, with IphoneExplorer (and some other third party SSH clients), I can work on my iphone from my computer without itunes. With iFile (which supports .zip fully), I have the same access on my iphone.
Themes? HDMI?

Don't know where you came from, but if this is your attempt to bring down the iphone, then you have failed woefully. The Iphone is fully packed with this functionality, a quick google search will show you.
Java Support

Well, like one user said in an earlier post, Java programs are outdated now, and I tend to believe it. Android and IOS HAVE better-developed apps in their repertoire than what Java can offer, so I fail to see how this will be quantified as a weakness on Iphone's part. And oh, by the way, the challenge has been answered yet. Please name one or two Java apps that outdo what App Store currently offers grin
FM Radio
Now this is truly the part I missed about my Nokia phone. I love listening to the radio, and this is an in-built functionality I have to confess I still don't know why Apple is leaving it out, but there's always Internet radio, which even enables you to listen to both foreign and local radio stations, but I would have loved this function built-in.
DivX:
While I admit the iphone does not have inbuilt DivX support, there are apps which support it, so it is not really a feature that is missing. Who amongst you will say you have not downloaded an app to fulfil a certain feature your phone does not currently support? NONE!
I can save webpages and make 3G video calls on my iphone(Can't actually believe someone said the iphone is not capable of it).
But my submission is this, each man to himself. Pick out exactly what you need (or want) in a phone, find the phone that can do it and go for it. Shikena! All this quarel about phones pisses me off. At the end of the day, it all comes down to vanity. My car big pass your car and so what? The two cars will get us to our destination. My generator big pass your own and so what? When NEPA take light, if you put on your gen and I put on my own, no be the same light we go get? Haba!
Anyway, this fight is because of this oooo!

Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 23, 2012
Princek12:

That is my point. You were using the Symbian OS in Nokia and probably just got your first Blackberry last year, so you are still excited. And I am sure you live in Nigeria. I say so because everyone in the civilized world knows Blackberry is outdated. As a matter of fact, Blackberry has pulled out of the USA's consumer market and is steady losing grounds in the business market.

So what is your point? That Blackberry OS is not outdated and that its technological features are equal to the Android OS and Iphone? Typical mentality of someone who still lives in the dark age and thinks he is "Behind" because he can ping and ping all day.

My first Blackberry was in 2001, and the Android and Iphone's technological features are superior to Blackberry's. You can wallow in your own Blackberry ancient world and refuse to concede an obvious fact: Blackberry is outdated and is a thing of the past, except, of course, to people who are still living in Nigeria and other uncivilized countries where the only that matters to them is pinging.

Yeah I got my first blackberry last year, as I hated it and discouraged its use where possible previously, with the crash of data rates-it costs me the same amount to get 3gb on my bb to get 250mb on my symbian. It was a deal i couldn't resist. As for being excited, I guess not.

I never said the bb OS is on the same standing with IOS or android but I refuse to agree it is outdated as you claim, yes its a really annoying OS but I still won't call it outdated.

Your first blackberry was in 2001, what phone was that, you were carrying a stone around and calling it a phone. There is nothing to write about all phones from that time frame. And I hope that is not your basis for comparison. I do not believe blackberry is pulling out of the USA, that is a BIG BIG lie.

Your utterances of Nigeria and Nigerians are really pathetic, I want to believe you are not Nigerian because if you are, then you are lost, what we call 'born throway'. Most guys I know did't even have a blackberry until the data price slash. You should be referring to girls with respect to the pinging crap. Since I encountered symbian, I have been on it, almost switched to IOS or android but some guys here did a very good job at making me stay, will probably still get an android phone. My friend, Nigeria is not a dark country as you think, well I dont blame your ignorance, its our daft leaders I blame. I really do love my bb and I hardly ping with it, most times videos, songs and softwares are what I queue up in download, when I am not doing that, probably working on my lappy, gisting with family or watching TV. Using myself alone I think isn't enough but I know guys are not blackberry craze except for some few 'woman wrapper' I know.
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by tobeski(m): 1:44pm On Apr 23, 2012
@lucki1001 after paying over 100k for a phone, having to jailbreak, lose your warranty, put your phone at risk etc just to get a basic feature that even s40 phones have is ridiculous.. You never had to jailbreak/root a symbian device to get all these functions.. The only reason for hackin a symbian device was to install unsigned apps. Nothin else. You keep comparin jailbreaking the iphone to rootin an android. Yet a ''jailbreaked'' iphone will only just manage to do things an android will do right out of the box. A jailbroken iphone will not even come near the power, functionality and flexibility of a rooted android. Furthermore, unlike ios manufacturers have started encouraging hacking androids with unlocked bootloaders and the likes....

Having to go and open a separate app just to beam a file over BT is ridiculous.Also having to install countless apps to get basic functionality from your phone only stresses the deficiency of the iOS platform

I repeat the iphone does not truly multitask properly. What it gives you is similar to the multitasking on some sony ericsson feature phones back then eg k608i nd sum fnes in the walkman series in my previous post above I hilighted some apps that need proper multitasking which is not possible with the iphone.. If you don't have an iphone to see this 4 urself, go read reviews. Its clearly mentioned as one of the cons of iOS...

Even on the old n97, without pc suite you could at least, transfer files btw phone and pc, use the phone as flash drive with mass storage mode share your fones 3g connection wit d pc, there was even media transfer mode to help you sync all your windows media player tracks and playlist with just one click etc
Yes , all that without pc suite. That's what you call connectivity.. Now reply to that.

Nowadays smartphones are expected to be able to replace PCs to some extent.. The plain truth is that the iphone fails woefully in that respect. That's why I said if you're looking for a device with an attractive ui, media capabilities, the chance to play with endless apps, and a nice fashion accessory, you're better off with an iphone. But if you want a real smartphone that does not hold back on innovation and functionality, and makes ur pc a superfluous item, the iphone is not likely to cut it for you
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by tobeski(m): 1:44pm On Apr 23, 2012
@lucki1001 after paying over 100k for a phone, having to jailbreak, lose your warranty, put your phone at risk etc just to get a basic feature that even s40 phones have is ridiculous.. You never had to jailbreak/root a symbian device to get all these functions.. The only reason for hackin a symbian device was to install unsigned apps. Nothin else. You keep comparin jailbreaking the iphone to rootin an android. Yet a ''jailbreaked'' iphone will only just manage to do things an android will do right out of the box. A jailbroken iphone will not even come near the power, functionality and flexibility of a rooted android. Furthermore, unlike ios manufacturers have started encouraging hacking androids with unlocked bootloaders and the likes....

Having to go and open a separate app just to beam a file over BT is ridiculous.Also having to install countless apps to get basic functionality from your phone only stresses the deficiency of the iOS platform

I repeat the iphone does not truly multitask properly. What it gives you is similar to the multitasking on some sony ericsson feature phones back then eg k608i nd sum fnes in the walkman series in my previous post above I hilighted some apps that need proper multitasking which is not possible with the iphone.. If you don't have an iphone to see this 4 urself, go read reviews. Its clearly mentioned as one of the cons of iOS...

Even on the old n97, without pc suite you could at least, transfer files btw phone and pc, use the phone as flash drive with mass storage mode share your fones 3g connection wit d pc, there was even media transfer mode to help you sync all your windows media player tracks and playlist with just one click etc
Yes , all that without pc suite. That's what you call connectivity.. Now reply to that.

Nowadays smartphones are expected to be able to replace PCs to some extent.. The plain truth is that the iphone fails woefully in that respect. That's why I said if you're looking for a device with an attractive ui, media capabilities, the chance to play with endless apps, and a nice fashion accessory, you're better off with an iphone. But if you want a real smartphone that does not hold back on innovation and functionality, and makes ur pc a superfluous item, the iphone is not likely to cut it for you
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 23, 2012
tobeski: @lucki1001 after paying over 100k for a phone, having to jailbreak, lose your warranty, put your phone at risk etc just to get a basic feature that even s40 phones have is ridiculous.. You never had to jailbreak/root a symbian device to get all these functions.. The only reason for hackin a symbian device was to install unsigned apps. Nothin else. You keep comparin jailbreaking the iphone to rootin an android. Yet a ''jailbreaked'' iphone will only just manage to do things an android will do right out of the box. A jailbroken iphone will not even come near the power, functionality and flexibility of a rooted android. Furthermore, unlike ios manufacturers have started encouraging hacking androids with unlocked bootloaders and the likes....

Well said
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by abubaka101: 2:28pm On Apr 23, 2012
I have'nt used an Android or an Iphone before, but my sis has used an HTC windows phone before (windows and android are they two different OS?), but i never really had time to go through it.
But before you argue any further, read this info about Apple. I got it from a friend:
http://digg.com/newsbar/topnews/how_apple_is_screwing_you_again

Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by abubaka101: 2:35pm On Apr 23, 2012
Then about "jailbreaking", Apple still does'nt like idea (though, its legal). And my tech gist, says they are always updating the phones/software so as to punish offenders. Apple are devils.
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 23, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMiY1kSTHZw

Eat this IOS fans, I am so sticking with belle and if at all, android. Cutting your sim is just the beginning of the crap. Was pulled to the IOS by game graphics but belle and android do same. If I need to wow myself then I turn to my console and entertainment system.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Galaxy Note 2 Videos And Picture Gallery / Please How Do I Identify An Original Or Fake Infinix Phone? / How Can I Track A Stolen Phone.. HELP!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.