Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

Warri Market Women Besiege Banks, Barricade Roads - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Warri Market Women Besiege Banks, Barricade Roads (29446 Views)

Security Operatives Take Over As Residents Besiege CBN In Kaduna / Strong Swimming Pool Guard, Balcony, Steps Guardrail Barricade Handrail Railings / Balogun Market Women Sing And Dance In Celebration Of Christmas In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Warri Market Women Besiege Banks, Barricade Roads by MindOnMatters00(m): 6:14pm On Feb 03, 2023
Some commercial banks were forced to close abruptly on Friday when scores of market women barricaded the Warri-Sapele Road and NPA Expressway to protest naira crisis bedeviling the nation.
The protesters besieged the entrance of the United Bank for Africa and Union Bank located near Main Market, Warri.

The traders, who bore placards and leaves, lamented the inability to sell their goods in the past few days, owing to the cashless policy of the Central Bank of Nigeria(CBN) and scarcity of the redesigned naira notes.

They burnt tyres along the ever-busy roads to register their frustration, causing heavy gridlock.

Rejecting the cashless policy of the apex bank, they demanded the banks should release their monies to enable them carryout their legitimate businesses.

Echoes of “our fish dey spoil o”, our foods dey rotten” were heard as the women protested from the Main Market axis of Warri Sapele Road to Delta Broadcasting Station located at the Edjeba axis of NPA Expressway, Warri.

Security operatives were spotted addressing the angry traders, who insisted the banks pay their money.

One of the traders lamented that she stayed in shop all through Thursday without selling a dime.

“Our children are hungry, we cannot sell, we cannot do transfer, we cannot withdraw our money. I stayed in shop throughout yesterday and sold nothing. People who want to buy things tried to transfer money but could not. What is happening?” she queried.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8Gd2H3u0aQ

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Warri Market Women Besiege Banks, Barricade Roads by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 6:16pm On Feb 03, 2023
I pray this new naira note SAGA don't lead to another #ENDSARS

107 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Warri Market Women Besiege Banks, Barricade Roads by Coolsperm: 6:16pm On Feb 03, 2023
Tinubu is a thief, APC must be rejected by all

153 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Warri Market Women Besiege Banks, Barricade Roads by Abfinest007(m): 6:17pm On Feb 03, 2023
APC has failed woefully all thanks to buhari

145 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Warri Market Women Besiege Banks, Barricade Roads by JASONjnr(m): 6:17pm On Feb 03, 2023
How can a country be facing fuel scarcity and money scarcity at the same time?

Truly, we need a change and if Elrufai grant hundreds of thousands of interviews and be discrediting all the candidates and indirectly projecting Atiku for a win, then he's yet to realise that this is Nigeria and not Kaduna state where all manner of genocides is committed under his nose and. nothing is done about it.

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Warri Market Women Besiege Banks, Barricade Roads by buhariguy(m): 6:17pm On Feb 03, 2023
Abfinest007:
APC has failed woefully all thanks to buhari
They should vote against okowa,
Emefiele is working for okowa

47 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Warri Market Women Besiege Banks, Barricade Roads by dustmalik: 6:20pm On Feb 03, 2023
JASONjnr:
How can a country be facing fuel scarcity and money scarcity at the same time?

Truly, we need a change and if Elrufai grant hundreds of thousands of interviews and be discrediting all the candidates and indirectly projecting Atiku for a win, then he's yet to realise that this is Nigeria and not Kaduna state where all manner of genocides is committed under his nose and. nothing is done about it.
Do you have sense at all?

24 Likes

Re: Warri Market Women Besiege Banks, Barricade Roads by JASONjnr(m): 6:30pm On Feb 03, 2023
dustmalik:
Do i have sense at all?
No, you don't have sense.

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Warri Market Women Besiege Banks, Barricade Roads by Betanaija42moro: 6:36pm On Feb 03, 2023
The solution is to get your PVC and vote out APC

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Warri Market Women Besiege Banks, Barricade Roads by Desperados(m): 6:50pm On Feb 03, 2023
(In Erigga's Voice) Dis country need Ijaw massage.

💪💪

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Warri Market Women Besiege Banks, Barricade Roads by MindOnMatters00(m): 6:51pm On Feb 03, 2023
Desperados:
(In Erigga's Voice) Dis country need Ijaw massage.

💪💪

Lol Seriously

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri Market Women Besiege Banks, Barricade Roads by Universe8888(m): 6:54pm On Feb 03, 2023
I believe this is what they were expecting so let them do something to handle it before it escalates.

5 Likes

Re: Warri Market Women Besiege Banks, Barricade Roads by LogicallySXT(m): 7:01pm On Feb 03, 2023
I can vividly remember all the songs that were sang in the old days, they were just like prophecies which are happening now.
From,

African China - " Mr President"
Fela - Majority of his songs
Eedris - "Nigeria Jagajaga ".

I just think about this songs and I can't help but to cry for Nigeria.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Warri Market Women Besiege Banks, Barricade Roads by Aiel123: 7:10pm On Feb 03, 2023
buhariguy:
They should vote against okowa,
Emefiele is working for okowa
So Okowa now controls cbn abi?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri Market Women Besiege Banks, Barricade Roads by buhariguy(m): 7:43pm On Feb 03, 2023
Aiel123:

So Okowa now controls cbn abi?
is the clearer picture,
Mamman daura and malami wanted to foist emefiele on apc, so that they can continue to use him, as the plan failed, mamman daura and malami wanted to foist lawan from North, as the plan also failed. You hear elrufai saying buhari was shock when he heard about lawan, because buhari is not with them in all this evil plan,
Their last card is to align with thief atiku because tinubu will be too tough for them, tinubu is always for the masses.
Again, okowa also align with emefiele from the same state.
That is the game.

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Warri Market Women Besiege Banks, Barricade Roads by Aiel123: 7:49pm On Feb 03, 2023
buhariguy:
is the clearer picture,
Mamman daura and malami wanted to foist emefiele on apc, so that they can continue to use him, as the plan failed, mamman daura and malami wanted to foist lawan from North, as the plan also failed. You hear elrufai saying buhari was shock when he heard about lawan, because buhari is not with them in all this evil plan,
Their last card is to align with thief atiku because tinubu will be too tough for them, tinubu is always for the masses.
Again, okowa also align with emefiele from the same state.
That is the game.
I know about the cabals but I find it funny that all this 'scheming' going on still Buhari doesn't know what to do.
Nothing stops him from ordering CBN to do away with that policy.
My own is hold Buhari and Emefiele first before trying to rope in the opposition.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri Market Women Besiege Banks, Barricade Roads by buhariguy(m): 8:01pm On Feb 03, 2023
Aiel123:

I know about the cabals but I find it funny that all this 'scheming' going on still Buhari doesn't know what to do.
Nothing stops him from ordering CBN to do away with that policy.
My own is hold Buhari and Emefiele first before trying to rope in the opposition.
the cabal are using emefiele to deceive buhari. And working for atiku and okowa

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Warri Market Women Besiege Banks, Barricade Roads by adekolaelect(m): 8:07pm On Feb 03, 2023
Coolsperm:
Tinubu is a thief, APC must be rejected by all
You crazy for this pay to post job you take. I hope you will say those protesters are Tinubus supporters.??

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Warri Market Women Besiege Banks, Barricade Roads by Aiel123: 8:13pm On Feb 03, 2023
buhariguy:
the cabal are using emefiele to deceive buhari. And working for atiku and okowa
For Buhari to be 'won over' by Emefiele and his backers tell us the incompetence of his administration. What is his so called advisers doing?
Buhari himself said that CBN gave him assurance that the new naira redesign will go well but seriously it isn't going well. A Change of plan would have been implemented but no Buhari is still just Buhari!
On Emefiele working for Atiku and PDP,it will get clearer as the day passes cause the signs are there.
Still, Buhari is to my knowledge the one escalating this issue by refusal to do the right thing.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri Market Women Besiege Banks, Barricade Roads by Misterc(m): 9:08pm On Feb 03, 2023
Nigerians are the problems of Nigeria

9 Likes

Re: Warri Market Women Besiege Banks, Barricade Roads by adecz: 9:09pm On Feb 03, 2023
undecided

APC can never reason any policy
before implementation.

They kept saying that this policy will
only affect people who keep large sums
of hidden money.

Now, to withdraw ordinary 10k, old or
new notes takes almost 2 days of exchange
of blows at ATMs or banks.

People are so p*ssed that Buhari was
stoned in Kano of all places❗️❗️❗️😁😁😁

7 Likes

Re: Warri Market Women Besiege Banks, Barricade Roads by leisuretym: 9:09pm On Feb 03, 2023
wink
Re: Warri Market Women Besiege Banks, Barricade Roads by letitrainnow(m): 9:10pm On Feb 03, 2023
grin That's a smart move
Re: Warri Market Women Besiege Banks, Barricade Roads by bigdammyj: 9:11pm On Feb 03, 2023
Seen.
Re: Warri Market Women Besiege Banks, Barricade Roads by easytig(m): 9:12pm On Feb 03, 2023
Instead of them to carry tyre and burn down the bank 🏦,they are busy making mumu noise.action speak louder than words
Re: Warri Market Women Besiege Banks, Barricade Roads by baralatie(m): 9:12pm On Feb 03, 2023
When aboki go start there own.na the time buhari go believe

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri Market Women Besiege Banks, Barricade Roads by blamingthedevil: 9:13pm On Feb 03, 2023
God Bless Incoming President Bola Tinubu for speaking for the masses

19 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Warri Market Women Besiege Banks, Barricade Roads by Skillsnigeria: 9:14pm On Feb 03, 2023
Hmmm, it is well
Re: Warri Market Women Besiege Banks, Barricade Roads by IMASTEX: 9:15pm On Feb 03, 2023
Las las e don cast
Re: Warri Market Women Besiege Banks, Barricade Roads by phemmie06(m): 9:15pm On Feb 03, 2023
This thing is getting out of hand

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

He Kept So Many Secrets And Lies, Marriage Is Crazy. / 4 Reasons The Rich Keeps Getting Richer - How You Can Join Them / Fire Guts Otukpo Market, Benue State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.