Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,836 members, 7,806,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges (30642 Views)

New Naira: CBN To Arrest, Prosecute Anyone Spreading Fake News / New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs / Forgive Us For Supporting Buhari In 2015 – Shitu Begs Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by yemi1504: 11:12am On Feb 04, 2023
gonkin:
If atms had cash always POS wont exist

Actually, not true! For people like me that hate queues for anything, we will still patronize POS even if they do that.
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by faceland: 11:29am On Feb 04, 2023
Law enforcement should play their part but CBN too should do something... There is shortage of cash, period (both old notes and new once).
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by Ttooyy12345: 11:35am On Feb 04, 2023
Has d idiot stopped extra charges by banks all these years? Tht cbn governor na clown
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by philipobiz: 11:44am On Feb 04, 2023
Badabada:
The issues is not really the POS vendors, because they too have to source for cash and in doing so, they pay exorbitant amount to the bank workers.

Just imagine a POS vendor collected 2million naira with 100k frm d bank. So what do you expect.
TRUE TALK
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by emmyN(m): 12:11pm On Feb 04, 2023
modsfucker:
I remember debating with a supposed economic expert when the policy was earlier announced. I told him that the policy would fail, and he kept insisting that it has come to stay, and now look at the sorry situation we found ourselves because of this poorly thought out vindictive policy.

It's too early to gloat.
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by highness25(m): 12:11pm On Feb 04, 2023
afroniger:

https://punchng.com/naira-cbn-begs-nigerians-vows-to-stop-pos-charges/
Una de make noise. Bank workers have POS business hence the high charges. They will give money to their sales boy/girls in bulk then come to the bank and pay customers 5k via counter then customers will go to their POS in search of bigger cash then they'll pay high. It's simple
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by Nobody: 12:13pm On Feb 04, 2023
afroniger:

https://punchng.com/naira-cbn-begs-nigerians-vows-to-stop-pos-charges/

The heart of men is desperately wicked! What has Emefiele gained with this policy that is prematurely implemented What?

Common sense connotes that the Network of the country should first be on starlink to ensure 100% network Coverage across the country!

Secondly share POS to all market women and traders and ensure that those who do not have bank account have account. Deduct the money of the POS machine over a period of 12 months from the income.

A supposed ex-ED of an APEX bank like Zenith Bank implementing this kind of a policy like a dumbwit!!!! Quite pathetic..

1 Like

Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by bizzibodi(m): 12:13pm On Feb 04, 2023
cedricksly:
he might have failed in other things as I'm a critic of the CBN governor, but definitely not this, give it time, the naira will go around... You See the 1.9 Trillion they've withdrawn, more than 80% of it was never circulating, it was out of the system(hoarded) by thieving politicians.. 950 billion circulating in the system for a year is more than enough, Afterall the 2.8 Trillion was the naira produced over more than 5 years window.... Las Las we all go dey alright, Make election pass first, it is the election that is mouthing pressure on the process because thieving politicians are angry that the money they've accumulated over time will go to a waste... When last u hear say them kidnap person to go pay random Coz even them understand say naira scare and limit is also a barrier... Y'all should chill and allow the process work optimally.
What are U saying d same politicians has swapped all they hoarded notes.infact they have started selling d old notes to d common people through banks,banks are not going to CBN to get new or old notes but currency hoarders houses which U & I are rushing.
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by DrSamOnowu87(m): 12:16pm On Feb 04, 2023
afroniger:
Emefiele really messed up. If he knows what's best for him he should just simply resign. He went ahead with such a delicate policy of monumental socio-economic implications knowing full well that the CBN lacks the capacity to print and circulate the requisite new notes to replace the old ones.

At this rate, the apex bank may have to direct banks to re-release some old notes back into the system (as a face-saving measure) to forestall the accelerating chaos the policy is already generating, coz apparently the CBN has printed about ₦450-billion of new notes so far (much of which has been hoarded). The Mint can print a maximum of ₦950-billion per year if they print only ₦1000 notes. If they mix the notes, it will be much less. Meanwhile, they've withdrawn ₦1.9-trillion and are still trying to withdraw ₦900-billion more. How is that expected to work?? Buhari is toying with his legacy.
which legacy are u talking about?
Suffering and smiling legacy.
Hard economic legacy
Blood letting, killing of innocent citizens, farmers legacy
Abducting & subsequently killing of travelers, transportees and among other misdemeanor of the clueless mannequin in Aso Rock.
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by Shadysen: 12:19pm On Feb 04, 2023
nedekid:

They have come. Those that cannot make a conversation without talking crap.
Anyway, good morning.
see, know how you defends this your useless government outside, guys out there are not smilling, be careful!
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by Deoo1125: 12:33pm On Feb 04, 2023
If u no say them born u well go talk this thing for ATM point if them no go burn.

sotall:

Go and sack him naa.

You think Buhari doesn't know what he is doing.

Most of those who have turned pro-masses both online and offline shouldn't be given any attention because they are hypocrites.

For over 7 years they have been praising APC and Buhari because they want him to handover to Emilokan.

Now that they see that it isnt happening, they are wailing everywhere and have become opposition.

Imagine we haven't heard from Fashola the rocket scientist since the ENDSARS protests where him and Tinubu didn't condemn Buhari's administration for how they handled Nigerians but now see him wailing.

Same thing with Oshomole, and other pro-Tinubu miscreants.

Buhari and the cabal should continue their plan, Nigerians understand the handwriting.
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by Deoo1125: 12:38pm On Feb 04, 2023
Ko de ni yee, I hope u no what is coming?

DSC7:

Emefiele should be arrested keel you there, go and arrest him now,,, werey......
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by nedekid: 12:44pm On Feb 04, 2023
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by Deoo1125: 12:52pm On Feb 04, 2023
God will punish u for the nonsense wey u post so. Awon oloriburuko ma sanfa ni eyan.

franchasng:
Emefiele is not a dummy, he knows what he is doing.

They want to stop criminals and looters from using their ill gotten wealth to rig themselves in as leaders in Nigeria.

Most of these criminal politicians and their evil supporters don't believe in free and fair election, you can see it among Tinubu's supporters, they only believe in manipulating the election to win, they know they are not the peoples choice so they use money to buy their way into power and continue the milking, looting and destruction of Nigeria.

That is why Buhari/CBN decided to suddenly change the currency so that all the billions these evil politicians have stockpiled for years for 2023 election will become useless in their hands and before they could lay hands on enough new Naira to rig the election as usual, the election must have come and gone.

It is a deliberate policy targeted at the criminal politicians like Emilokan and co who depend on election rigging to win elections.

It is the banks that are sabotaging the policy, they still sold the new naira notes CBN gave to them to distribute to the people of Nigeria to the same criminal politicians, that is the only place I expect CBN to work on and use some banks and their managers as scapegoats for others to learn.

This policy if sustained will reduce election rigging and vote buying.
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by obinna58(m): 1:45pm On Feb 04, 2023
naijainstinct:
Earlier this week, someone wrote here on Nairaland that "Nigerians don't hate corruption, we only hate when we are not the ones directly perpetrating it".

That said, politicians are corrupt, bankers are corrupt, civil/public servants are corrupt, security agencies are corrupt, political appointees are corrupt, oil marketers are corrupt, business men are corrupt, etc.

Let's talk about the petty traders, artisans and self-employed like the POS operators, anyone wants to rip everyone else off at any given opportunity. We complain about corruption but we also aid and abet corruption.

Today, it's the bankers and POS operators smiling and having a field day, tomorrow is for the oil marketers and the black marketers, next tomorrow is for the immigration officers and their street agents who will rip you off before you can get an international passport, the next day is for public servants who are always seeking ways to siphon public funds or are lackadaisical in service delivery because they believe they are more important than the general public whom they are meant to serve. The next day is for the police, military and paramilitary agencies who are either trying to extort the average Nigerian through bribery, colluding with oil vandals and/or criminals to loot the nation's resources, requesting for "mobilization fees" before helping to apprehend a criminal, pursue justice or even attend to a petition. Then the politicians will form an unholy alliance with the public servants to divert public funds, fund terrorism, banditry and criminality for their selfish interests and personal aggrandizement.

Another day is for the religious leaders, another for the petty traders. Even the corporate businesses like the telcos and the banking institutions are systematically stealing from their customers through hidden, ridiculous and frivolous charges.

As far as Nigeria is concerned, it's a dog-eat-dog society. Actually, it's the way the world is wired but for the fact that some countries have managed to instill discipline by force or by setting in place active systems to curtail human greed. But here, nobody cares. It is a nation of impunity where only the poorest of the poor and the uninfluential face justice.

To conclude, let me borrow someone's analogy about Nigeria. Nigeria is like a fan whose oscillator (mechanism of even wealth distribution) is broken and therefore cannot offer air (equal opportunities) to everyone except those who manage to stand in front of it (the politicians, the corrupt public servants, the greedy businessmen and contractors, the shady security officials, opportunists and beneficiaries of terrorism, banditry and sundry crimes). Instead of us to all come together and find a way to fix this fan's oscillator, we are all struggling to get in front of this fan.

I have stopped praying for Nigeria. Nigeria will be better and great if we all allow it to.

This is clearly my opinion. I did not quote anybody nor oppose anyone. If you are benefitting from the systemic corruption and therefore think you can quote me to share a nonsense contrary opinion, GOD WILL PUNISH YOU!!!!!!
Baba where you get your knowledge from
My god this is the true definition of Nigeria
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by freemanq(m): 2:11pm On Feb 04, 2023
Who CBN monitary Policy help for Nigeria?
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by EbenezerTriumph: 2:12pm On Feb 04, 2023
holysaint1:

They've already already begun the vandalism self. Yesterday in Ibadan.
CBN only should be the target.
They're the sole cause of this
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by Menclothing: 2:13pm On Feb 04, 2023
CBN is mad we are now buying Naira at 20.percent
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by naijainstinct: 2:41pm On Feb 04, 2023
obinna58:

Baba where you get your knowledge from
My god this is the true definition of Nigeria
Thanks boss
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by omoluka: 3:17pm On Feb 04, 2023
franchasng:
I am also voting for Tinubu even though he will lose grin
You are from the east, how can you vote for Tinubu your worst enemy?
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by franchasng: 3:30pm On Feb 04, 2023
omoluka:

You are from the east, how can you vote for Tinubu your worst enemy?
You are from the West, how can you vote for Peter Obi from Igbo tribe your worst enemies? shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by DMerciful(m): 3:47pm On Feb 04, 2023
It has come to stay! Politicians sponsored exaggerations fool no one.
modsfucker:
I remember debating with a supposed economic expert when the policy was earlier announced. I told him that the policy would fail, and he kept insisting that it has come to stay, and now look at the sorry situation we found ourselves because of this poorly thought out vindictive policy.
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by AllDModsAreMaad: 3:56pm On Feb 04, 2023
Banks are the ones causing the problem and not CBN.

I am not in anyway supporting CBN but if you are informed about happenings in the country, you will know banks are the ones hoarding the new notes.

It is only those with long leg or connect or those that can pay can access it in adequate amount.

This is just corruption fighting back.
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by Nobody: 3:58pm On Feb 04, 2023
Confused Bank of Nigeria! Make notes available extra charges will stop.
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by jojothaiv(m): 5:02pm On Feb 04, 2023
naijainstinct:
You are permitted Sir
Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by Kokoboss: 5:18pm On Feb 04, 2023
LiteratureClass:
It is unfortunate. To withdraw 1000, you have to pay the POS operator 300. This really pained me yesterday but I have to pay the charges because I need money to go out.
my side here its 400 charge for 1000. Na we dey do ourselves even as we know say these politicians na thieves.
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by modsfucker: 5:56pm On Feb 04, 2023
DMerciful:
It has come to stay! Politicians sponsored exaggerations fool no one.

Okay
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by IJEYdiamond(f): 6:27pm On Feb 04, 2023
SmartPolician:
May God richly bless the management of Guaranty Trust Bank! Yesterday, I was at IKOTA shopping Complex at VGC and notified that two GTBank ATMs at two branches were dispensing 10k to their customers and 1k to non-customers.

First Bank, Access, UBA and other top banks have been busy selling the money CBN gives them to the highest bidder. Perhaps they want the citizens to revolt and set the banks ablaze before dem get sense!

No worry urself.. Marketers una go shit for cloth to get customers back una never see anything..

Just dey play ooo.... just dey play... shai u will come and beg customers to put money..

Stupid things...

1 Like

Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by davillian(m): 12:29am On Feb 05, 2023
Nigerian
Market system that has no price control
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by Bebigiby: 5:22am On Feb 05, 2023
I can see that you're in support of CBN's cashless policies, you fail to understand that the issue here is not about cashless infrastructure but it is about listening to the people... Not all Nigerians want to transact or keep all their savings in the bank.... There are many people who prefer cash and need cash for their daily transactions... It is callous to assume otherwise, Emefiele was wrong to implement policies that favours his banker friends who will charge outrageous fees for electronic payments.... If he succeeds in destroying Nigeria's cash monetary system.... But his evil plans will fail....

You mentioned Starlink, unfortunately in my opinion that internet service will be used to exploit Nigerians.....

Baddosqqi:

The heart of men is desperately wicked! What has Emefiele gained with this policy that is prematurely implemented What?

Common sense connotes that the Network of the country should first be on starlink to ensure 100% network Coverage across the country!

Secondly share POS to all market women and traders and ensure that those who do not have bank account have account. Deduct the money of the POS machine over a period of 12 months from the income.

A supposed ex-ED of an APEX bank like Zenith Bank implementing this kind of a policy like a dumbwit!!!! Quite pathetic..

1 Like

Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by gdsoomro: 10:36pm On Feb 10, 2023
For a long time me & my friend were searching for informative blogs, but now I am on the right place guys, you have made a room in my heart! High SERP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari, Atiku Others Set To Contest For APC Presidential Ticket / Peter Obi Grassroots Evangelism In Kaduna State (Photos) / Saraki: "Police IG Wants To Embarrass Me, To Prevent My Defection"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.