Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,132 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

With Utmost Urgency - Lets Move A Motion For Our Beloved Nairaland ! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / With Utmost Urgency - Lets Move A Motion For Our Beloved Nairaland ! (1568 Views)

Poll: Should there be a Commitee of Members to sanitize Nairaland

There should be a Committee: 50% (5 votes)
Seun should be left alone: 30% (3 votes)
Whatever: 20% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Drop Some Lines Of Poetry To Celebrate Our Beloved Akogun, Omo Ogun.... DAGRIN / To All Romancelanders (A Matter Of Urgency) / 7 Most Disgusting Things We Do For Our Beloved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

With Utmost Urgency - Lets Move A Motion For Our Beloved Nairaland ! by Naija4show(m): 9:02am On Aug 29, 2007
It appears am new, but am not !!

I love Nairaland so much but i think Seun is really acting like Obasanjo. So Dictatorial in most of his approach. He doesnt listen to advises. He Bans users if they have a different opinion to his own. He bans you if he feels insulted though you may have posted without trying to insult him. He bans without warning and he bans at the slightest provocation. Its just as if he wants everyone to be in AWE of him.

I think we should be given the freedom to express ourselves without fear of being banned .
I think the Nairaland POWER is intoxicating and corrupting him. (i know he may BAN again me for this statement).

Now the motion is as follows :

*** Lets have a committee of REASONABLE and OLD/FAIRLY OLD ( >500 posts) members who will have to agree through polls before a user is banned.

Seun is still the Admin but its just that Nairaland is  the only and most popular forum most Nigerians in Diaspora use to get in touch with home and happenings at home. We are not saying seun's position should be relegated - which is impossible - but LETS GET SOME ORGANISATION IN PLACE HERE.

Seun is not accountable to anybody, but he wont just wake up and ban someone because he saw the face or heard the name in his dreams!!

The committee should have at least 80 members. Seun can create their own section and limit other people from posting in the section.  Organisation is good. In churches, government, parastatal etc. So WHY NOT NAIRALAND.

Seun should be ACCOUNTABLE to the COMMITTEE not concerning his money and site but concerning his action on Nairaland.

LONG LIVE NAIRALAND MEMBERS!!
LONG LIVE NAIRALAND ADMIN !!
LONG LIVE NIGERIA !!
Re: With Utmost Urgency - Lets Move A Motion For Our Beloved Nairaland ! by acidrop(f): 11:00am On Aug 29, 2007
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: With Utmost Urgency - Lets Move A Motion For Our Beloved Nairaland ! by Naija4show(m): 11:15am On Aug 29, 2007
i nominate, Acidrop, Rasulua, Mukina, Nana, Richylaw.

More to come .!!
Re: With Utmost Urgency - Lets Move A Motion For Our Beloved Nairaland ! by rasulua(m): 11:46am On Aug 29, 2007
Well thanks for the recognision
I think i agree with him,but let wait until we have all d members
Re: With Utmost Urgency - Lets Move A Motion For Our Beloved Nairaland ! by nana(f): 11:53am On Aug 29, 2007
Thanks for the nomination.
I kinda agree with rasulua's suggestion. U know majority carries the vote.
Re: With Utmost Urgency - Lets Move A Motion For Our Beloved Nairaland ! by Naija4show(m): 11:56am On Aug 29, 2007
really i think something should be done and you guys can nominate too. If we are adamant on it, Seun should be compelled to listen to us now !!
Re: With Utmost Urgency - Lets Move A Motion For Our Beloved Nairaland ! by somze(f): 3:32pm On Aug 29, 2007
We have no right to do this.

This is wrong wrong wrong. Share your views and leave it at that. NO committee.

I notice you nominate your friends, and every one else would do thesame.

Simply pathetic.

Tell him your views, make you self heard but NO to all this.
Re: With Utmost Urgency - Lets Move A Motion For Our Beloved Nairaland ! by Naija4show(m): 5:21pm On Aug 29, 2007
we are not enforcing anyone. its just polls and i can see you've voted. FINE !!

As i said, anyone can nominate. i didnt nominate my friends at all. just those i've dealt with in the past and those that post reasonable things. OK, When you saw i nominated my friends, why didnt you nominate yours too?? Dont you get it, young blood, no one can force anything on Seun but if the polls says we should have a committee of old members, then as a gentleman, he should institue a committee. SIMPLE !!

I further nominate lalaboi, desodji, Mustay. Iice, Olanajim, thiefofhearts, akolawole, Debosky, Ikamefa, Babyosisi, Razorr, Candylips, Gamine, orikinla , toshman, ikomi, wifeypenth, fynewaka, frankiriri, Dr-dre, PTH, PTBnaija, Egoldman, Otuwe, Tmoni, pterygot (hmmmmm) , Londoncool, Software, Naijadiva, Jejelolatu, Dolarpo, bolarge, n-guage etc

those are all i would love to nominate. After some time in NL, i discovered some people are just posters while some post nice things. I cant nominate all the good people - just those that are close to the 1000 mark and they post non insultive and derogatory things.

Everyone has his/her own opinion which should not be same as mine. Am cool with that.
VERY COOL !!
Re: With Utmost Urgency - Lets Move A Motion For Our Beloved Nairaland ! by lalaboi(m): 6:19pm On Aug 29, 2007
mishoo

hmmm! hmmm! no let dem ban me wit my name wey u put 4 dia oh! lol
i get 100% purity 4 hia oh! **never bn in trouble wit d oga oh! lol

@topic

none of the things happening in d forum affect me! so i dnt av any problem wit d oga!
and i dnt wanto av anytin to do wit stripn my oga 4rm his duties! in kekere details erm,
i no support am! grin
Re: With Utmost Urgency - Lets Move A Motion For Our Beloved Nairaland ! by Naija4show(m): 11:56am On Aug 30, 2007
Thats where the problem with Nigerians are. Do you want to wait until you have a problem with Seun before you make your opinion known. Wao !!
It seems as if so many peeps on NL are afraid Seun. Why now
Will he send you out of this world ?? Just make your opinion known thats it. This should be a democratic setting not an authoritarian setting. Pls guys, leave the stone age.

I've been a warrior (member of the warrior forum) for a year now. its one of the best in th world and the standard is quite high, yet the Admin doesnt act without consultation sometimes.

Dont be afraid, just take part in the poll. Thats all.
Re: With Utmost Urgency - Lets Move A Motion For Our Beloved Nairaland ! by mellow(m): 1:54pm On Sep 13, 2007
Seun is the merciless owner of the land and

he should remain so. No impeacment.i no de o!!!!!!
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: With Utmost Urgency - Lets Move A Motion For Our Beloved Nairaland ! by temeey(f): 9:13pm On Sep 15, 2007
Rubish!!! Rubish!!! Rubish!!! Seun carry on,We de ur back kampe.
Re: With Utmost Urgency - Lets Move A Motion For Our Beloved Nairaland ! by ono(m): 7:15pm On Feb 06, 2008
Well. Looks like the originator of the thread has been banned.

''Otherwise ban'' reigns supreme!
Re: With Utmost Urgency - Lets Move A Motion For Our Beloved Nairaland ! by dominique(f): 8:43pm On Feb 08, 2008
Seems like naija4show is askin 4 ban and wants to drag others down. You want to plot coup abi? u go see wen.
Re: With Utmost Urgency - Lets Move A Motion For Our Beloved Nairaland ! by elderz: 10:06am On Feb 12, 2008
@dominique
are u sure seun has not banned him already? cheesy
Re: With Utmost Urgency - Lets Move A Motion For Our Beloved Nairaland ! by dominique(f): 4:09pm On Mar 26, 2008
i think so o! he ya, and he just came back from a ban. tough luck

(1) (Reply)

Mods: Why Was I Banned Yesterday? / Seun, Learn From This Simple Story / The World Is Ending Check This Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.