Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,953 members, 7,799,235 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:27 PM

Naira Redesign Causes Hardship For Troops Fighting Boko Haram — Ndume Laments - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira Redesign Causes Hardship For Troops Fighting Boko Haram — Ndume Laments (12217 Views)

Us-based Lady Pleads With The Nigerian Government To Ease Hardship For Citizens / Sadique Abubakar Commissions New Accommodation For Troops In Agatu (Photos) / Army Abandons Injured Soldier Fighting Boko Haram (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Redesign Causes Hardship For Troops Fighting Boko Haram — Ndume Laments by Lovenorth: 6:49pm On Feb 06, 2023
Putindbutt:

No Soldiers is required to lack, right?, so why was there a serious clash between some soldiers and UNIBEN students at an ATM Machine?.. Like I earlier stated on another thread, lots of Obi supporters are very ignorant other than punching their keypads in the corner of their rooms. I can assure you that this harsh policy would further encourage vote buying. How would security agents who are being starved of cash decline an offer for cash on an election day?. You think they don't need money to feed their families and send their kids to school.
That means APC has failed the Nigerian people
Re: Naira Redesign Causes Hardship For Troops Fighting Boko Haram — Ndume Laments by lexy2014: 6:50pm On Feb 06, 2023
PointZerom:

Are you saying this policy has exposed the vote buyers and hostage takers?

Who are my politicians?

Are you saying that this policy has exposed buharis kindness?
Re: Naira Redesign Causes Hardship For Troops Fighting Boko Haram — Ndume Laments by stankezzy: 6:50pm On Feb 06, 2023
It is surprising how suddenly these people become so patriotic , I know some of these political crooks have d new money but d quantity they have is not even enough to bribe for state election talk less of national election so they are worried.
If u say some of them own banks , yes but check how much each bank is given, 2 or 3m , if these crooks can hide palliative when we were under lockdown , yet non of d sudden lovers of d masses said anything and more than 41 people killed just some days ego yet d lost lives doesn't mean anything to them but they want to help d masses, it doesn't add up ,
Re: Naira Redesign Causes Hardship For Troops Fighting Boko Haram — Ndume Laments by lexy2014: 6:51pm On Feb 06, 2023
PointZerom:
Ask their Oga. We cannot be Deceived.

Who is their oga? Why has CBN not made it available to them?
Re: Naira Redesign Causes Hardship For Troops Fighting Boko Haram — Ndume Laments by SmartPolician: 6:52pm On Feb 06, 2023
lexy2014:

That's lovely. That's good. Can you pls oblige me one more thing. What's the meaning of "cash swap"?

Cash swap means people who don't have bank accounts will submit their old notes to CBN officials and the officials will give them the new naira notes. 10k for 10k, 15k for 15k..in that order.

On the other hand, people who have bank accounts are expected to access the new naira notes through their banks because the CBN has supplied money to banks. The challenge is that the bank managers are selling them to the highest bidders.
Re: Naira Redesign Causes Hardship For Troops Fighting Boko Haram — Ndume Laments by lexy2014: 6:52pm On Feb 06, 2023
stankezzy:
It is surprising how suddenly these people become so patriotic , I know some of these political crooks have d new money but d quantity they have is not even enough to bribe for state election talk less of national election so they are worried.
If u say some of them own banks , yes but check how much each bank is given, 2 or 3m , if these crooks can hide palliative when we were under lockdown , yet non of d sudden lovers of d masses said anything and more than 41 people killed just some days ego yet d lost lives doesn't mean anything to them but they want to help d masses, ut doesn't add up ,

They might not love the masses. Do buhari and emefiele love the masses?
Re: Naira Redesign Causes Hardship For Troops Fighting Boko Haram — Ndume Laments by 2023NaijaVoter: 6:53pm On Feb 06, 2023
The bigger issue is how this senator and Orji Uzor Kalu are present members of NASS in so-called good standing.
Even disgraced former senator Babachir (grasscutter) David Lawal has the effrontery to form mouth these days. angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign Causes Hardship For Troops Fighting Boko Haram — Ndume Laments by lexy2014: 6:56pm On Feb 06, 2023
SmartPolician:

Cash swap means people who don't have bank accounts will submit their old notes to CBN officials and the officials will give them the new naira notes. 10k for 10k, 15k for 15k..in that order.

On the other hand, people who have bank accounts are expected to access the new naira notes through their banks because the CBN has supplied money to banks. The challenge is that the bank managers are selling them to the highest bidders.

That's great. I love that. So far, has CBN swapped cash with anyone?

Meanwhile, from your link, it didn't say anything about anyone swapping cash with cbn officials. How did CBN officials come into the discussion?
Re: Naira Redesign Causes Hardship For Troops Fighting Boko Haram — Ndume Laments by Upworkwriter007(f): 6:56pm On Feb 06, 2023
Almunjid:

Only allowances are paid in cash.
Yes
Re: Naira Redesign Causes Hardship For Troops Fighting Boko Haram — Ndume Laments by SeyiDominion: 6:57pm On Feb 06, 2023
The policy is good but the timing is auspicious.
Re: Naira Redesign Causes Hardship For Troops Fighting Boko Haram — Ndume Laments by sparko1(m): 6:58pm On Feb 06, 2023
MadamExcellency:
APC Stewarts should stop using formats on Nigerians to attract sympathy and favour

The cash needed to prosecute the war comes from CBN and no soldier is required to lack cash because there are bank representatives in the barracks.

My friend keep shut, this is not about Apc or PDP, this is about we, I can't get anything done in the market, anything you want to buy, they request you add charges.

If you are not affected then you can talk, let's stop this political craziness, it makes no sense to withhold people money because you want to punish someone. Are we even okay!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign Causes Hardship For Troops Fighting Boko Haram — Ndume Laments by alibiz: 7:02pm On Feb 06, 2023
He is now the army chief of staff abi!
This people knows how to cos trouble
Re: Naira Redesign Causes Hardship For Troops Fighting Boko Haram — Ndume Laments by lexy2014: 7:04pm On Feb 06, 2023
SmartPolician:

When did it become the job of cbn officials to be collecting money from people in the villages and giving them new notes in return?

If you say it is cbn officials who give new notes, why are you blaming bank managers again?

Can you tell me where you saw bank managers selling cash to the highest bidder? How many bidders were on ground bidding for the cash?
Re: Naira Redesign Causes Hardship For Troops Fighting Boko Haram — Ndume Laments by kozmokaz(m): 7:04pm On Feb 06, 2023
Putindbutt:

No Soldiers is required to lack, right?, so why was there a serious clash between some soldiers and UNIBEN students at an ATM Machine?.. Like I earlier stated on another thread, lots of Obi supporters are very ignorant other than punching their keypads in the corner of their rooms. I can assure you that this harsh policy would further encourage vote buying. How would security agents who are being starved of cash decline an offer for cash on an election day?. You think they don't need money to feed their families and send their kids to school.

What is a soldier doing out side his barrack in Benin ?

Don’t they have banks again in the barracks ?

See man y’all should stop reasoning like you still in 77

Hardly will you see a soldier in the street of ivory cost una neighbor here not to talk of far west
Re: Naira Redesign Causes Hardship For Troops Fighting Boko Haram — Ndume Laments by victorsola: 7:04pm On Feb 06, 2023
Putindbutt:

u are very right . Shebi na person wey get option dey reject money . When Dey gie u 5k and you no u can get that money easily this days . Vote buying go plenty like mad . It’s when u have that u will be ignoring bribe na . But when u no get u go collect with Abeg.
Re: Naira Redesign Causes Hardship For Troops Fighting Boko Haram — Ndume Laments by lexy2014: 7:06pm On Feb 06, 2023
Lovenorth:

That means APC has failed the Nigerian people

Aren't you one of the staunch APC and buhari supporters on this forum? So your eye don clear? Are you no longer supporting apc/buhari?
Re: Naira Redesign Causes Hardship For Troops Fighting Boko Haram — Ndume Laments by victorsola: 7:08pm On Feb 06, 2023
iReddington:
Obidiöts think the policy is doing Tinubu but many of them are in silent misery and agony because of this poorly planned policy.

They are well known for cutting their nose to spite their faces, same way they turned South East to an AfghanEastern war zone and sitting at home on Mondays because they think they are doing Buhari grin awon Nzogbu Nzogbu headless mob.
this policy dey affect everyone. Na even dem the thing go affect pass . Cus they no get bullion van for thier backyard .
Re: Naira Redesign Causes Hardship For Troops Fighting Boko Haram — Ndume Laments by slimanyd: 7:08pm On Feb 06, 2023
But its not causing hardship for bandits. grin. I pity person wey dey do soldier for Nigeria. Nigeria will just use your head do asun for these bandits danu ni.
Re: Naira Redesign Causes Hardship For Troops Fighting Boko Haram — Ndume Laments by Killermamba: 7:08pm On Feb 06, 2023
2mercy:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/02/naira-redesign-causes-hardship-for-troops-fighting-boko-haram-ndume-laments/

Lol see desperation, soldiers don't have it, yet bandit do. Who give them? Shameless politicians
Re: Naira Redesign Causes Hardship For Troops Fighting Boko Haram — Ndume Laments by Luzebox(m): 7:14pm On Feb 06, 2023
Just give them agbado...like your candidate say...make Dem enter farm😂😂
Re: Naira Redesign Causes Hardship For Troops Fighting Boko Haram — Ndume Laments by Munzy14(m): 7:20pm On Feb 06, 2023
Fools..Looking for cheap excuse.🤣🤣🤣As if they making progress when cash was there.
Re: Naira Redesign Causes Hardship For Troops Fighting Boko Haram — Ndume Laments by emanobis(m): 7:29pm On Feb 06, 2023
Even before the Naira Redesign, you wicked politicians have left our gallant Soldiers for dead all these years
Re: Naira Redesign Causes Hardship For Troops Fighting Boko Haram — Ndume Laments by HellVictorinho7: 7:30pm On Feb 06, 2023
Kobonaire4:
Good

Instead of crying, why don't we expand internet based banking, and cashless banking to the rural areas and naitonwide?

We have the tech, and we really can operate without cash.

waste
Re: Naira Redesign Causes Hardship For Troops Fighting Boko Haram — Ndume Laments by onyxo76(m): 7:40pm On Feb 06, 2023
inoki247:
Lol this breakfast must go round let's see if Nigeria Army 🪖 will go on strike....

All doz highway Police too go protest wen dey don't av access to d daily money they take from motorist...
in fact I just thought about them this morning, which driver go get any cash to give them, most of them are not even on the road again as the chances of getting any driver to extort is pretty slim.
Re: Naira Redesign Causes Hardship For Troops Fighting Boko Haram — Ndume Laments by Charly68: 7:41pm On Feb 06, 2023
The man should be sack forthwith
Re: Naira Redesign Causes Hardship For Troops Fighting Boko Haram — Ndume Laments by Hessem: 7:42pm On Feb 06, 2023
Wooow. U are so caring Ndume.

Fool
Re: Naira Redesign Causes Hardship For Troops Fighting Boko Haram — Ndume Laments by olaniyilukman(m): 7:47pm On Feb 06, 2023
MadamExcellency:
APC Stewarts should stop using formats on Nigerians to attract sympathy and favour

The cash needed to prosecute the war comes from CBN and no soldier is required to lack cash because there are bank representatives in the barracks.

You be mumu, you know more than them abi, why are some people born to be stupid like this...
Re: Naira Redesign Causes Hardship For Troops Fighting Boko Haram — Ndume Laments by moodyguy: 7:54pm On Feb 06, 2023
iReddington:
Obidiöts think the policy is doing Tinubu but many of them are in silent misery and agony because of this poorly planned policy.

They are well known for cutting their nose to spite their faces, same way they turned South East to an AfghanEastern war zone and sitting at home on Mondays because they think they are doing Buhari grin awon Nzogbu Nzogbu headless mob.
Cash is gradually flowing now...i know TINUBU urchins would prefer the scarcity to persist so they can continue to wail
Re: Naira Redesign Causes Hardship For Troops Fighting Boko Haram — Ndume Laments by respect80(m): 7:57pm On Feb 06, 2023
How about the criminals and terrorists, are they not affected or halted from carrying out their vices due to scarcity of the new naira notes?
Look for another format abeg because this one you are using is a two way thing. The criminals are also affected 😂
Re: Naira Redesign Causes Hardship For Troops Fighting Boko Haram — Ndume Laments by Greatex90: 8:03pm On Feb 06, 2023
grin : : grin grin Ok, I think say na gun dem dey use fight before. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Naira Redesign Causes Hardship For Troops Fighting Boko Haram — Ndume Laments by riczy(m): 8:03pm On Feb 06, 2023
Shetemi12:
Emefiele will never know peace for the hardship he made us go Though!

I spent 3 hours just to withdraw 5000 and the bank is deducting 37N per N1000

Imagine
we keep praying needless prayers amidst challenge

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fg Agrees To N65 / I Denied Being A Nigerian Today. / Imo Courts, Assembly Complex Shut As Workers Begin Indefinite Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.