Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,943 members, 7,799,196 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 (23587 Views)

I Didn't Offer To Buy Kidney - Ekweremadu Tells UK Court / FBI Trains Nigerian Cryptocurrency Crime Investigators And Prosecutors / 2023 Polls: Salihu Lukman Accuses Tl Of Attempting To Influence Outcome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by ScamHunter: 10:22am On Feb 07, 2023
So to Ekweremadu, the young man's life was worth 3.5 million naira. Wicked politicians.
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by MasterShifu010(m): 10:22am On Feb 07, 2023
See why it’s important to elect credible leaders , see how the prosecutor put , this man did not only spoil his name , but our countries name as well

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by Lexusgs430: 10:23am On Feb 07, 2023
They have enough evidence to nail him ........ He should expect a prison sentence of over 5 years .........🤣😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by BOYS2MEN: 10:23am On Feb 07, 2023
Jail the family of thieves and blood suckers....ekweremadu,the wife,even the daughter as well...coz na money wey dem steal from Nigeria damage her kidney...if u like quote me..I have said my own
Corrinthians:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/02/07/uk-prosecutors-accuse-ekweremadu-of-attempting-to-buy-kidney-for-7000/

1 Like

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by williams85(m): 10:26am On Feb 07, 2023
36STATES:
There is absolutely no case here and the court will throw away this case within weeks. All these talk of controlling the young man and claiming he doesn't know his age is where the prosecutors have problem. The doctors in Nigeria that assessed him before he went to U.K are going to debunk the lies that he didn't fully know why he went to U.K.

On issue of money for organ donor, the law is fluid in that regard. It is like the law around surrogate mothers, it is illegal to pay them, but it is recognised that you have to support them financially. So there is a thin line between payment and financially support.

Why are they charging them with human trafficking and exploitation, which is another none specific charge? I think it is because they are trying to see which of their week claims will stick.
If it is as easy as you think, he would have been granted bail long time ago. Allow the court to pass its judgement, UK is not Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by Nehyooh(m): 10:29am On Feb 07, 2023
GOTVee:
sad sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, I will not deceive myself like my fellow Christians rooting for Peter Obi because every sane Christian knows he can never win. Those rejoicing over this naira redesign policy are doing so because they expect a protest vote against the ruling party which in their delusion will favor Obi . The naira redesign policy is a senseless one meant to scuttle the peace atmosphere we have in the country. We patriotic Nigerian Christians reject the wicked policy. And to those dumb Obidients rejoicing over this, "Heaven wan fall no be on top one man head". Peter Obi's chances at the polls is just like the chances of a gambler who played correct scores. It will surely end in pains. We Nigerians Christians reject the candidacy of Peter Obi. sad
What exactly are you agitating for please? Are you indirectly saying Tinubu or Atiku seems right to be the president or what ? Do you think any of them is capable with their personal interest and desperation which is so glaring. We all know Atiku stories and the Drug lord choosing a Muslim as vise is a slap on Christian face.

Obi still remain better by far candidate in all facet and I'm supporting him.
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by linearity: 10:30am On Feb 07, 2023
post=120702452:

We are not talking about her father,
We are talking about an innocent 25 year old girl here, get that right.
Anyways, whatever you wish for the young girl comes back to you in multiple folds.
What goes around , comes around.
We Rise.

I understand she is sick and I pray she get healed.

But, how is she innocent? She was part of the whole game to exploit this poor guy, yes the guy was part it for the money too but later developed cool feet.

None of them are innocent but his involvement is protected by the law. The law was purposely created to protect the guy and any donor in his shoes in the future.

This law have same protection as statutory rape laws. Your defense can’t be, the under age girl wanted it, or enticed me into or enjoyed it, even if all that were true, you are still guilty.

Here the law is against rewarding organ donors and more restrictions are placed on organ donations from non-family members. So they all connived to create a non-existing family relationship and sold it unanimously to the authorities as such and also set aside certain rewards for the guy, which are all against the law.

If they had told the authorities that, the donor is not a family member and that he will be rewarded for his donation, their request would had been denied as it flys in the face of the law.

7 Likes

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by ednut1(m): 10:32am On Feb 07, 2023
Blacks abroad rarely donate their organs thereby making those needing organs wait for years or even die before getting a donor. The man attempted shortcut and will pay dearly for it

2 Likes

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by Corrections: 10:32am On Feb 07, 2023
Lifestone:

I don't thinks so, the case as presented here is not cast. A smart lawyer will wriggle through.
To me what is most surprising is the fact that Ekeremadu as a Senior lawyer and that level of wealth could not do proper due diligence on this process to know what is safe for him and his family

You mean to say a smart (lawyer) LIAR will wriggle through? grin grin grin grin grin grin angry angry angry what is smart about a lawyer that is a LIAR?

1 Like

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by Solocoin: 10:33am On Feb 07, 2023
I think there more to this issue than what we see or hear. Ekweremadu should better think fast if he offender this boy who promised to donate the kidney and turned back on him as he reached Uk. Because since the kidney must Marche each other like blood. Then the boy is not ignorant of what he want there to do. I believe the must have run some medical diagnosis in Nigeria before taking him there.
I don't really know what the boy is stand to gain in this. I really pray the poor girl see a donate as soon as possible. If she can get well and go back to her normal life, even if the parents go to jail there won't be any problem as long as she's alive. Atleast let the parents especially pay his freedom at old age with the freedom he denied the young Nigerian.
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by GeneralPula: 10:33am On Feb 07, 2023
The whole case has been twisted..

I don’t think the boy istelling the whole truth..

But anyhow e be, UK go show ham Shege small cuz he’s a politician..
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by 00FFT00(m): 10:34am On Feb 07, 2023
post=120702449:

First and foremost,
The most important thing in all of these is that,
All of us at [/b] pray for a successful surgery/operation for this young girl.
We pray for a healthy life for her.
This is the primary thing.
After that, all the other court issue can go on.
Her health and life comes first.

[b]Get well soon Sonia.

God gat you dearie.
Affliction will not arise a second time in your youthful life.

We Rise.

No, you do not rise

The hundreds, if not thousands of Nigerians, severely impoverished by the class of reprobates you support has not risen.
Ekweremadu will get the punishment he deserves, and I hope the same retribution accrues to all those who have conspiratorially brought Nigeria and its people to the abyss it has sunk.

The young boy whose organ was to be exploited is also one of the 133 million poverty ravaged Nigerians we talk about today. A state of play willfully created by politicians such as Ike Ekweremadu to provide raw material for their comfort.

I wish the young woman a genuine donor and full recovery, but every crooked Nigeria politician including Ike deserves to be held accountable for the malfeasance they have constituted themselves into.

2 Likes

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by Whoknow: 10:36am On Feb 07, 2023
GOTVee:
sad sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, I will not deceive myself like my fellow Christians rooting for Peter Obi because every sane Christian knows he can never win. Those rejoicing over this naira redesign policy are doing so because they expect a protest vote against the ruling party which in their delusion will favor Obi . The naira redesign policy is a senseless one meant to scuttle the peace atmosphere we have in the country. We patriotic Nigerian Christians reject the wicked policy. And to those dumb Obidients rejoicing over this, "Heaven wan fall no be on top one man head". Peter Obi's chances at the polls is just like the chances of a gambler who played correct scores. It will surely end in pains. We Nigerians Christians reject the candidacy of Peter Obi. sad
Speak for yourself Mr, is it Peter Obi that approved the Naira redesign. What do you stand to gain in all these your propaganda? Tuehhhh.
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by FunKiller: 10:40am On Feb 07, 2023
Johnson225:

Bro. Take a moment, click on that guys profile you quoted and view all his posts.

I previously don’t believe folks are paid to spread propaganda online untill I encountered his profile

He’s obviously a Muslim Jew masquerading as a Christian

They are paid urchins my brother.
All of them copy and paste. No originality
It is so obvious I will never stop countering and fighting then on this space on behalf of sane Nigerians.
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by Corrections: 10:40am On Feb 07, 2023
Whoknow:

Speak for yourself Mr, is it Peter Obi that approved the Naira redesign. What do you stand to gain in all these your propaganda? Tuehhhh.

Are you new here? The guy you quoted is a well known muslim that disguises as a christian.
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by BOYS2MEN: 10:40am On Feb 07, 2023
The operation shall never be successful iseee!!!! Yes quote me and I will give u the reasons ...una think say almighty God dey stupid,dem dey still visit children with the sins of the father....the father folo fr the ppl wey put so many families in pain and agony....do u know how many families that have been destroyed by her father's wickedness and greediness?? Incase u don't know ,na the money wey dem steal from the poor masses, destroyed her kidney, and more is still to befall the family...coz all those curses wey our mama n papa dey heap on the bad leaders dey work...u just don't know how karma works
post=120702449:

First and foremost,
The most important thing in all of these is that,
All of us at [/b] pray for a successful surgery/operation for this young girl.
We pray for a healthy life for her.
This is the primary thing.
After that, all the other court issue can go on.
Her health and life comes first.

[b]Get well soon Sonia.

God gat you dearie.
Affliction will not arise a second time in your youthful life.

We Rise.

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by Nobody: 10:43am On Feb 07, 2023
hisexcellency34:
Politically motivated trial. Maybe it's law of karma sha

cheesy

I guess Buhari appeared to Ekweremadu in his dream and ordered him to go and pick some random guy to go and help them do kidney transplant in the UK, and lie about the whole thing.

Ekweremadu is in hot soup. He isn't getting out of this one. Especially with all the lying he orchestrated. The fact is, it would have been better if they joined the waiting list for the kidney transplant like other people, or got a real relative.
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by BOYS2MEN: 10:44am On Feb 07, 2023
As long as I am concerned...the girl is not innocent....like say diz dia evil plan work,who know wetin for b that boy's fate... ofcourse the so called innocent Sonia would go about her youthful,night clubbing life...with her family all smiles while person pikin life battery dey for red bar...if u think that they are not getting what they deserve then know that KARMA is closer to ur doorstep as well
post=120702452:

We are not talking about her father,
We are talking about an innocent 25 year old girl here, get that right.
Anyways, whatever you wish for the young girl comes back to you in multiple folds.
What goes around , comes around.
We Rise.

1 Like

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by 00FFT00(m): 10:45am On Feb 07, 2023
Solocoin:
I think there more to this issue than what we see or hear. Ekweremadu should better think fast if he offender this boy who promised to donate the kidney and turned back on him as he reached Uk. Because since the kidney must Marche each other like blood. Then the boy is not ignorant of what he want there to do. I believe the must have run some medical diagnosis in Nigeria before taking him there.
I don't really know what the boy is stand to gain in this. I really pray the poor girl see a donate as soon as possible. If she can get well and go back to her normal life, even if the parents go to jail there won't be any problem as long as she's alive. Atleast let the parents especially pay his freedom at old age with the freedom he denied the young Nigerian.

We Nigerians need to quit thinking from our anus sometimes. This is why someone like Ahmed Tinubu is running to enslave you in his obviously deteriorated condition. What is in question here is the rule of law. The United Kingdom is not a lawless society in the mold of the cesspit called Nigeria.

The letter of the law is simple: organ donation must be altruistic. Here, it is not. And, we cannot reasonably expect the donor to resist the inducement employed in the request to donate, even if he was properly advised to regard its demerits. He is poor, so who in his situation in today's Nigeria will not jump at the opportunity to board an airplane out of the country first and deal with the consequences subsequently?.

Let's also recall that it was the examining consultant that smelt a rat and raised eyebrows.

What is being prosecuted here is the first-class exploitation of a purported minor, human trafficking with the intent to harvest organ(s). There is no bloodline nexus between donor and recipient, and remuneration was equally agreed upon. Now, that's a crime.

But you are a Nigerian, fantastically corrupt, and cannot be reasonably expected to think well.

3 Likes

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by Lifestone(m): 10:46am On Feb 07, 2023
Corrections:

You mean to say a smart (lawyer) LIAR will wriggle through? grin grin grin grin grin grin angry angry angry
You can't lie through such things Bro, nothing is cast in iron. Ryan Giggs rape case comes to mind. Smart lawyers who could understand the emotions and put the slightest doubt in the mind of the jury. It's doable
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by fydence: 10:49am On Feb 07, 2023
GOTVee:
this donkey goes around from post to post hiding his irreversible stupidity behind "born again Christian" to type rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by madridguy(m): 10:51am On Feb 07, 2023
There are, however, certain things that money and status cannot guarantee in any family and they include good health,” the prosecutor added.

I pray Sonia get the right donor, a successful surgery and speedy recovery.
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by Realists(m): 10:52am On Feb 07, 2023
Whoknow:

In summary he said Peter Obi is among the goats eating Nigeria's cassava
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by Originalsly: 10:54am On Feb 07, 2023
36STATES:

There is absolutely no case here and the court will throw away this case within weeks. All these talk of controlling the young man and claiming he doesn't know his age is where the prosecutors have problem. The doctors in Nigeria that assessed him before he went to U.K are going to debunk the lies that he didn't fully know why he went to U.K.

On issue of money for organ donor, the law is fluid in that regard. It is like the law around surrogate mothers, it is illegal to pay them, but it is recognised that you have to support them financially. So there is a thin line between payment and financially support.

Why are they charging them with human trafficking and exploitation, which is another none specific charge? I think it is because they are trying to see which of their week claims will stick.

The prosecution did research and found out he was born in a village and Ihis birth was not recorded.... the reason for him not having a DOB nor knowing bis exact age. The only way for the defence can give problems on this point is to produce his birth certificate or some record of birth. Will they risk family that?
The doctors that tested him in Nigeria ... did they tell him the truth about what he was tested for?... and why? Do you really believe any of them will want to take the stand and bear witness in this case?
No doubt... the law for donors may be similar to that for surrogate mothers. And yes... there is a thin line between payment and financial support... but this is not about payment ... which carries a sentence of 3 years max ... this is about trafficking and exploitation which is a specific charge.Why would you say it is non specific? He used false information to get they guy into the country .... that's trafficking .... and the purpose was to harvest his kidney ... which is illegal.... different from if the kidney was donated... exploitation. He had full control of the guy in the UK ... slavery.
He is not going to get out of this. We should reflect on how many Nigerians... especially young people... go to hospitals for belly pains and are often told minor surgery is required. Do they really know what the surgeons went in and removed? They should go and check and see if they have both kidneys.... many would be shocked.

He is not getting out of this .. and he dare not try getting the guy to change the story.

Every rope has an end.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by emmnprince(m): 10:56am On Feb 07, 2023
GOTVee:

In the first place the word "born again" stand alone. "Born again Christian" is a wrong usage. A Christian can not be born again. A Christian can only repent and change his ways when he realise. The word "Born again" and "Christian" can be used interchangeably and stand alone.

We patriotic Nigerian Christians . . . Why don't you speak for yourself and leave other Nigerian Christians to speak for themselves!

The manner of retrieval of the old banknotes and timeframe does not augur well with Nigerians, especially the masses (common man) because of the inconveniences and difficulties it has caused. Those affected by this policy frown at it.

Lastly, your comment and the topic doesn't relate. Why not stay with the topic than derailing! It is obvious you are mischievous and want to achieve some ends.

1 Like

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by winner37(m): 10:57am On Feb 07, 2023
In Nigeria when you just bride doctor and few nurses don't worry the operation will be carried out without the knowledge of others...
This man took life Rick,he knew how law in UK are very strict but he had the gutts to flew that poor guy for kidney harvesting without going through a lawful procedure.. He thought UK is like Nigeria were laws could only favors politicians, pastors and business men..
Certainly, there are something money can't procure..

1 Like

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by talk2ibk(m): 10:58am On Feb 07, 2023
GOTVee:

Just dey play...
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by Nobody: 10:59am On Feb 07, 2023
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by Easylife1234: 11:01am On Feb 07, 2023
GOTVee:
that true, Asiwaju on your mandate will stand 👍

1 Like

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by Oju4190: 11:05am On Feb 07, 2023
ekwerenmadu is really in hot pepper soup....... see where stingyness has led u into
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by Benwallt(m): 11:07am On Feb 07, 2023
GOTVee:

You are a thorough breed. They will retire when obi failed from first announcement.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bala Bantex: Former Kaduna Deputy Governor Dies At 64 / Pictures of Atiku groups, supporters decamping to People's Trust in Bayelsa / Gunmen Launch House-To-House Raid In Katsina, Many Feared Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.