Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? (11674 Views)

Boobs: Why Men Will Continue To Be Babies In The Hands Of Women! / Can A Relationship Work When We Have Different Backgrounds / Can A Relationship Between Two Lovers Work When They Dont Have Alot In Common? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by Orikinla(m): 7:29pm On Sep 11, 2011
So how much can N500, 000 be enough for a married modern man in a modern city, except you live in the village in Offa?
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by Anvaller: 7:39pm On Sep 11, 2011
It depends on many things. 500k is not so much to ask your wife to stay home or for your wife to want to stay home but that is in a situation whereby she also earn a relatively good salary such as 150/200k or more.

If she earns say 100k or less and that is the reason why she is not always at home to take care of the kids, it will make sense for u and your wife to agree that she stops that work and face the kids since she doesnt earn a salary that makes significant addition to what u earn. So it does not really worth it for her to continue with such job at the expense of the kids.

So the big question is what if the situation is the other way around, would the guy agree with his wife to stay home and take care of the kids?while the wife is out there busy with her 500k salary job?
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by jimtosam: 7:54pm On Sep 11, 2011
500k in Nigeria of today is not a special money. It is special if someone has place limits on his lifestyle.With 500k,u must not try to plan a good summer outside the country.With 500k, you are limited to some cars. With 500k, you can even dream of living in some areas in Lagos. With 500k, you cant really make good commitment in the work of the kingdom.

It's high we nairalanders start thinking of some great businesses ideas and see that we can be making 500k in a second.I was shocked when I read what facebook has made in the first half of this year. Just an idea of a 27yr old boy. I'm also using this post to challenge Seun Osewa,pls think of how we can take this site to a greater height.We've dwelt on this mountain too long. Let's forget the past successes;listed in wikipedia,no3 website in Nigeria,etc.If google can still launch a facebook-like site,yahoo still rolling great sites out. Seun pls don't stop. Even if it's going to cost you moving out of this country so that you can get better audience,pls do.

I pray God will help us.
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by felifeli: 7:56pm On Sep 11, 2011
an idle hand is the devil's workshop
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 11, 2011
Why not? Even if I earn 5m per month.
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 11, 2011
Orikinla:

So how much can N500, 000 be enough for a married modern man in a modern city, except you live in the village in Offa?

What do you mean? Why use my Offa as example?
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by Fhemmmy: 8:16pm On Sep 11, 2011
It depends on what the woman wants.
Depends on their lifestyle
And depends on what makes them all happy. . . . .
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by Ib(f): 8:20pm On Sep 11, 2011
@ Jimtosam, you made so much sense. Most intelligent talk i've seen on NL in ages. Seun, what he said is true. Think about it.
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by AjanleKoko: 8:25pm On Sep 11, 2011
Orikinla:

Doesn't sound like it's about the money. The OP just doesn't wanna work, and she thinks 500 grand will do nicely for her.
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 11, 2011
For me, Bring it to 20million naira per month, 500k is a a pocket change
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by razznaija(f): 9:36pm On Sep 11, 2011
I don't care if my husband makes $$$$1,000000 a month i will still be working because i can't just sit and relax everyday, i need something to do in between, my life would be boring if i don't have a job period.
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by r231(m): 9:40pm On Sep 11, 2011
2K pounds undecided undecided undecided

sit down at home and do what?
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 11, 2011
r231:

2K pounds undecided undecided undecided

sit down at home and do what?

Watching Africa magic and Nollywood
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by r231(m): 10:11pm On Sep 11, 2011
naijababe:

Watching Africa magic and Nollywood

dats nice grin grin grin i will tell her

she doesn't even like staying home on her off day

let alone stay home forever

cus i make enough for both of us
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by Donmichaelz(m): 10:17pm On Sep 11, 2011
pray she doesnt use half 4 gucci bags
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Sep 11, 2011
r231:

dats nice grin grin grin i will tell her

she doesn't even like staying home on her off day

let alone stay home forever

cus i make enough for both of us

Enough to buy correct Ferragamo shoe and bag at a go? Abeg no begin make mouth jare grin grin grin.
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by Mcleo007(m): 10:37pm On Sep 11, 2011
Even if I earn a millie weekly, my wifey has to work. Can't stand a sit at home wife.
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by AjanleKoko: 10:42pm On Sep 11, 2011
naijababe:

Enough to buy correct Ferragamo shoe and bag at a go? Abeg no begin make mouth jare  grin grin grin.

You sef.
What does an engineering babe want with Ferragamo shoe and bag? Don't go falling off the platform into the North Sea o tongue
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Sep 11, 2011
AjanleKoko:

You sef.
What does an engineering babe want with Ferragamo shoe and bag? Don't go falling off the platform into the North Sea o tongue

Don't be hating on Ferragamo pls, Mr Ferragamo is an excellent mood lifter grin. North Sea ke, last time I went near the place was 19 gbogboro  grin
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by r231(m): 10:49pm On Sep 11, 2011
naijababe:

Enough to buy correct Ferragamo shoe and bag at a go? Abeg no begin make mouth jare grin grin grin.

of cus now grin grin grin

na dubai ma wife dey shop o grin grin grin
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 11, 2011
^ Correct man. Tell madam to hold on tight on cool
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by mazaje(m): 10:54pm On Sep 11, 2011
500k na money?. . . . .
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by Nobody: 12:08am On Sep 12, 2011
The poster of this thread must definitely think women or wives should have to depend on their husbands or men to determine if they would work or not.
500k per month doesnt mean you won't spend any money, YOu have to spend on car/transport. feeding. miscallenous, feeding, rents, provisions and kids.
The more money you earn the more bills you pay.
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by WhyAWhy(m): 2:52am On Sep 12, 2011
even if I have everything money can buy and the means thereof,  my wife MUST STILL WORK

A working partner surely helps to have a blend of sensible intellectual communication within the home and this would be essential for other decision making process, when any partner ceases to work, I believe their ability to reason properly tends towards dumbness
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by Nobody: 5:50am On Sep 12, 2011
In Nigeria the only men who can afford for their wives not to work are Yahoo Yahoo Boys, all the crooks in government, all the crooks in the church (Pastors, Bishops, etc), all the crooks in the finance sector, all the high ranking criminals and crooks in the Oil sector, successful 419ers, Ibo traders in Lagos who can barely speak English, and the quasi-criminal, pseudo-protective police officers (those N20 do add up, I don't know if it has changed, but that was their fee before I left Abúlé Múwọnlẹrú).

Ladies, if you intend to rely on a Nigerian man, make sure that he is one of the above, or else: The suffering that the sole of a shoe has seen, even more shall you see. It is better expressed in Yorùbá, but that should do.
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by EKPOI(m): 7:47am On Sep 12, 2011
yeah i will allow her to work,cuz no amount of money is ever ok when it comes to family issues both from your families
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by ebonyvibe(f): 9:31am On Sep 12, 2011
Yes cos your wife might just earn 750k. Some men's mind are both shallow.

My husband and i earn way more than the stated amount each and trust me we still want more money.

Depends on your aspirations man
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by WhyAWhy(m): 10:29am On Sep 12, 2011
ebonyvibe:

Yes cos your wife might just earn 750k. Some men's mind are both shallow.

My husband and i earn way more than the stated amount each and trust me we still want more money.

Depends on your aspirations man

^^ A woman in whom I am well pleased, grin grin
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by Bestglo(f): 10:32am On Sep 12, 2011
I would rather establish a good business for her,she must be busy somehow
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by yetunde01(f): 11:04am On Sep 12, 2011
Interesting. Men must work & women must work!
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by Nayah(f): 11:09am On Sep 12, 2011
allow?? what do you mean by that please poster?
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by atasteve: 11:37am On Sep 12, 2011
Although in the present day Nigeria so many people and I perceive including some of the people passing comments here earn less than that in a month but that shouldn't be a parameter for deciding whether ones wife should work or not.

There are other factors that are more important than money that may influence a person's decision to work e.g. fulfilment, escape boredom e.t.c. A good husband will of course allow his wife to work if she so pleases.

NOTE THAT NIGERIA WOMEN ARE HIGHLY INDUSTRIOUS AND VERY HARD WORKING.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Must Read Romance Story : Sex Adventure With My Boss Wife (18+) Episode 1 / LADIES:9 TYPES OF Breast{pic]which One Is Yours? / What Men Really Want In Modern Relationships

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.