Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,895 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

Where O Where Is My Boaz? Please Come Home. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Where O Where Is My Boaz? Please Come Home. (3205 Views)

Mother Of Triplets To Hubby: Please Come Back Home (Photo) / When U Come Home To Meet Ur New Born Baby Like Dis,wat Wil U Do ? / What To Do? My Wife Refuses To Come Home! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where O Where Is My Boaz? Please Come Home. by ShyOne(f): 4:07am On Sep 10, 2011
I posted this in the romance section as well - it is so priceless that I wanted to post it here too.

For all the single ladies in a hurry to get married, here's some advice.

RUTH patiently waited for her mate BOAZ. So while waiting on your Boaz, do not settle for any of his relatives , Brokeaz, Poaz, Lyinaz, Cheatinaz, Dumbaz, Cheapaz, Lockedupaz , Goodfornothinaz, Lazyaz or Marriedaz and especially his third cousin Beatinyoaz. Wait on your Boaz and make sure he respects Yoaz!!

I don't know the author of this post,

I just love it - don't you?

grin

3 Likes

Re: Where O Where Is My Boaz? Please Come Home. by SubmitForu: 4:10am On Sep 10, 2011
hahaha tongue
Re: Where O Where Is My Boaz? Please Come Home. by Nobody: 4:16am On Sep 10, 2011
Read it before
Re: Where O Where Is My Boaz? Please Come Home. by ShyOne(f): 4:17am On Sep 10, 2011
I like it - I thought it was a very good one

I laughed so hard

it was so sweet don't you think so?

grin

Oh yeah Let the Good Times roll!
Re: Where O Where Is My Boaz? Please Come Home. by ShyOne(f): 4:17am On Sep 10, 2011
@ JK

oooo OK - I never saw it before - I am loving it
Re: Where O Where Is My Boaz? Please Come Home. by ifyalways(f): 10:15am On Sep 10, 2011
Cool but while Ruth was waiting,she was working at the fields,did not lock herself inside her room and kept herself presentable and neat.

No man would notice you if you lock yourself inside ur home.go out,make friends,mix with singles(church programmes,singles seminars),the boaz might just be out there expecting Ruth.
Re: Where O Where Is My Boaz? Please Come Home. by tpia5: 11:52am On Sep 10, 2011
I'd say rebecca and isaac.

Rebecca was hardworking, sincere and kind hearted and that's what made her stand out when the man sent specifically to find a wife, met her and decided to look no further.

Nothing wrong with the ruth example but she had a lot of sorrow which most younger girls can not relate with.

Just my opinion, not meant to be general.
Re: Where O Where Is My Boaz? Please Come Home. by ShyOne(f): 1:49pm On Sep 10, 2011
@Iya and Tpia

I completely agree with you.

Happy, Happy Saturday Everyone

cheesy
Re: Where O Where Is My Boaz? Please Come Home. by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 10, 2011
Lol, funny.

Anyway Ruth didn't really wait for Boaz per se, she went and laid on his bed. Can't happen in today's Nigeria without the men singing your name, branding you a slut. cheesy
Re: Where O Where Is My Boaz? Please Come Home. by nnwniger: 2:31pm On Sep 10, 2011
That's so beautiful. Thanks for sharing
Re: Where O Where Is My Boaz? Please Come Home. by SisiKill1: 12:00am On Sep 11, 2011
stillwater:

Lol, funny.

Anyway Ruth didn't really wait for Boaz per se, she went and laid on his bed. Can't happen in today's Nigeria without the men singing your name, branding you a slut. cheesy

ROTFLMAO!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Where O Where Is My Boaz? Please Come Home. by tpia5: 4:04pm On Sep 11, 2011
Anyway Ruth didn't really wait for Boaz per se, she went and laid on his bed. Can't happen in today's Nigeria without the men singing your name, branding you a slut

she laid at his feet, not on his bed.

the old testament is very strict about immorality and suchlike.

and the reason why she wasnt branded a slut was because some things happened prior to that. She didnt just risk her life for no reason.

for example, this was one of Boaz' previous conversations with her:

At this, she bowed down with her face to the ground. She asked him, “Why have I found such favor in your eyes that you notice me—a foreigner?”

11 Boaz replied, “I’ve been told all about what you have done for your mother-in-law since the death of your husband—how you left your father and mother and your homeland and came to live with a people you did not know before.

12 May the LORD repay you for what you have done. May you be richly rewarded by the LORD, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to take refuge.”

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ruth+2&version=NIV
Re: Where O Where Is My Boaz? Please Come Home. by tpia5: 4:06pm On Sep 11, 2011
more about ruth:

“She is the Moabite who came back from Moab with Naomi.
7 She said, ‘Please let me glean and gather among the sheaves behind the harvesters.’

She came into the field and has remained here from morning till now, except for a short rest in the shelter.”
Re: Where O Where Is My Boaz? Please Come Home. by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 25, 2012
Boaz was old enough to be Ruth's father......just putting it out there make the tori complete. undecided

Hope your fairy tale fantasy is still in tact cheesy

Edit: whoops necropost
Re: Where O Where Is My Boaz? Please Come Home. by Kobojunkie: 10:03am On Sep 25, 2012
ifyalways: Cool but while Ruth was waiting,she was working at the fields,did not lock herself inside her room and kept herself presentable and neat.

No man would notice you if you lock yourself inside ur home. go out,make friends,mix with singles(church programmes,singles seminars),the boaz might just be out there expecting Ruth.

In the Muslim world . . millions of women are locked up in the house most 24/7 hrs each day. Yet, millions of the same women get married each year. In much of the west, and Nigeria, millions of women play dress up, go out, mix with singles,etc. Yet the marriage rate is much lower. I think rather than go around telling people what you obviously have No real trick on, you are best just letting them live their lives as they ought to. The marriage rate in the west is far lower than that in Islamic states.

I have a friend who followed the, what I call 'silly' advice you posted above to her death( I call it silly because it is really silly especially when you consider that not everyone is the 'making friends' and 'mixing with singles' type yet many of these still get married each year). Very beautiful gal, quiet, intelligent . . the kind any man would want to take home to mother.She felt that rather than BE WHO SHE IS(introverted, and self confident), she would instead go against her heart because people like you said she could not find him while doing what made sense to her, in her wait for Mr right. She found him alright, while she was going out, making 'friends', and mixing with singles . . . He killed her in the end.
Re: Where O Where Is My Boaz? Please Come Home. by Kobojunkie: 10:04am On Sep 25, 2012
2buff: Boaz was old enough to be Ruth's father......just putting it out there make the tori complete. undecided

Hope your fairy tale fantasy is still in tact cheesy

Edit: whoops necropost

ROFLMAO!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Where O Where Is My Boaz? Please Come Home. by BluStreak(m): 6:32pm On Sep 25, 2012
I have read the story of Ruth. I must admit she is a wonderful woman. But on the account of her sneaking in to go an lay on Boaz's bed, na Konji cause am. She has never been with a man since the passing away of her husband so when she got that opportunity, she quickly snatched it. She seduced Boaz. I have this feeling the bible played down the scenario. The same wire that runs in the anatomy of today's women is the same in the days of Ruth just that they were more reserved (just maybe oº°˚). Konji has always been & will always be.

For those not in the know of what konji means, it means "ѕєχυαℓ starvation/deprivation".
Re: Where O Where Is My Boaz? Please Come Home. by Nobody: 5:54am On Sep 26, 2012
jennykadry: Read it before
me too,hahahaha i wonder y we always think alike
Re: Where O Where Is My Boaz? Please Come Home. by Youngpo413: 12:29pm On Oct 19, 2014
ShyOne:
I posted this in the romance section as well - it is so priceless that I wanted to post it here too.

For all the single ladies in a hurry to get married, here's some advice.

RUTH patiently waited for her mate BOAZ. So while waiting on your Boaz, do not settle for any of his relatives , Brokeaz, Poaz, Lyinaz, Cheatinaz, Dumbaz, Cheapaz, Lockedupaz , Goodfornothinaz, Lazyaz or Marriedaz and especially his third cousin Beatinyoaz.

grin

no wonder they are single ladies everywhere...
Re: Where O Where Is My Boaz? Please Come Home. by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 19, 2014
Instead of you to pick one of his cousins, you are here waiting for boaz that has gone with ruth.
Re: Where O Where Is My Boaz? Please Come Home. by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 19, 2014
You mean that lady that kept going to grandpas's field and slept on his threshing floor so he'd notice her patiently waited for him? undecided

What do I need a Boaz for when there are a million and one Isaacs on planet earth grin

(1) (Reply)

Is It Right For A Wife To Arrest Her Husband because She Was Beaten By Him? / The Silent Pain Of Fathers / The Best Wedding Invitation Card ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.