Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,902 members, 7,799,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

How Do I Recover This Debt. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Do I Recover This Debt. (611 Views)

How Can I Recover This Money? / Pls Help! How Do I Recover This #4.3million Fraud? / How Do I Recover My Stolen Certificates Found With A Smuggler In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Recover This Debt. by Oyerinde16(m): 1:43pm On Feb 10, 2023
I need serious and urgent advice from Nairalanders.

Shola (sholy) was a family friend, we grew up together... I and sholy did several businesses together. Sholy parent passed on recently and the inheritance to sholy was given to him, His elder brother had his and his elder sister received her own...

I know sholy elder brother well, he knows me and my family.

Sholy was self employed but having serious difficulties... I think he wasn't getting help from his siblings, hence the resolve to borrowing money up and down and selling some of his assets (inheritance)

A stupid girl was also fleecing sholy, I advice and advised but wetin I fit do as a friend...

At a point, sholy was owing me about 650k, I helped him sell one of his cars on Jiji, (1.3m) he paid all my money. But within a space of 6 months, he was back owing me around 1m. This is because he kept begging telling me he was expecting this import, he wants to clear this cars, he wants to do this and do that... Sholy gave me the original documents of one of his landed properties to help him find a buyer.

I contacted an Agent who went to see the land, we (me, sholy and the agents had agreed on 4.5m) the deal had not clicked when though sholy wasn't feeling fine, he was travelling up and down trying to tie one deal or the other...

I kept advising sholy to take good care of his health first before any other thing... He was even looking lean, tired and very sick... The last time we spoke, he said baba no worry I go sort myself...

At or around this time, sholy was owing me around 1.8m I was seriously looking to recover my money back, I stopped lending him money even when he asked for more cos I sef was running low on cash...

I was sleeping one day when I saw 6 missed call from my mom... I know my mom will not give me 6 mixed calls repeatedly if it wasn't serious... My mind skipped so I called, she asked when was the last time you spoke with shola... I was like some days ago... She said shola is dead ( he was supposed to be in my state but he had travelled to another state.

She said her sister told everyone shola was sick but still decided to travel, she was trying to reach him to ask about his health to no avail... When they found him, he was long gone and cold ..

The issue now is the land documents are with me, but the land is sitting opposite his elder brothers share of the land.

I informed the elder bro, he asked me to return the documents to him, I informed him of the money shola is owing me but he downplayed it saying shola is late and he can't verify shola was owing me and he can't pay shola debt.

I have held firmly to the documents but he is trying to blackmail me, he his making it look like I stole the documents.

I know he blanked his brother severally when his brother badly needed him, he has being seizing all his late brothers assets, converting it to his own...

I need my money back and the original doc is with me... What do I do cos if I give him the docs, I can as well kiss my money goodbye.

What do you guys advice
A friend needs our advice.
Moderators please push to front page.
Re: How Do I Recover This Debt. by Emperor4tune(m): 1:52pm On Feb 10, 2023
at least in such a deal with your friend there should have been a third party standing as a withness or a close family member from sholy side who should have know about the deal,for me i see danger ahead,especialy now that you are in possesion of the deceased landed document,you must be very careful because your kindness may be turn against you and if care is not taken you may end up being accuse of having a hand in his dead

1 Like

Re: How Do I Recover This Debt. by Riverville(m): 2:16pm On Feb 10, 2023
This is deep
Re: How Do I Recover This Debt. by Godsown0: 2:24pm On Feb 10, 2023
Nawa o
Re: How Do I Recover This Debt. by Maxwell202(m): 2:37pm On Feb 10, 2023
In this kind of scenario…Advice like this is very hard to tell

The only way this kind of debt can be recover is when there’s a third party or a legal agreement sign by you two…or else your money…otílò

Chai wahala no too much🤦🏾‍♂️

1 Like

Re: How Do I Recover This Debt. by nicerod(m): 3:16pm On Feb 10, 2023
embarassed lipsrsealed

U are in a tight spot
Re: How Do I Recover This Debt. by princepeter566: 3:47pm On Feb 10, 2023
U need a lawyer right now and not nairaland

1 Like

Re: How Do I Recover This Debt. by adecz: 3:52pm On Feb 10, 2023
Better get a lawyer, as it's clear
the brother isn't interested in being
reasonable 😐😐😐

Your case will be better if you have
some evidence of some of the money
you gave him eg transfers or cheques.

As the brother is eyeing Sholy's assets,
a reasonable man should also be mindful
of Sholy's liabilities.
Re: How Do I Recover This Debt. by Oyerinde16(m): 4:28pm On Feb 10, 2023
adecz:

Better get a lawyer, as it's clear
the brother isn't interested in being
reasonable 😐😐😐

Your case will be better if you have
some evidence of some of the money
you gave him eg transfers or cheques.

As the brother is eyeing Sholy's assets,
a reasonable man should also be mindful
of Sholy's liabilities.

I have WhatsApp chat to show that he requested money and sent him some at different times...
Re: How Do I Recover This Debt. by kot1917(m): 12:04pm On Jan 22
Oyerinde16:

I have WhatsApp chat to show that he requested money and sent him some at different times...

Electronic evidence
You should get a lawyer

1 Like

Re: How Do I Recover This Debt. by stacyadams: 3:34pm On Jan 22
Call am bad debt and move on..
Re: How Do I Recover This Debt. by blaquemyc: 5:42pm On Jan 22
Get a lawyer ASAP

(1) (Reply)

The Return Of A Sacked Thief In Pti Mr Mafindi Former Dfa / Tragedy As Grandmother Sets Son, Wife, 2 Grandchildren Ablaze In Ondo / Court Sentence Raman Adedoyin To Die By Hanging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.