Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. (209061 Views)

Please Help (Cost to Construct Concrete Parapet) / How To Construct Concrete Facial For Your Parapet Roof Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by Uhreme: 7:45am On Dec 28, 2015
Oga spyder, pls I am about to parapet my house but I am indecisive whether to use three coach of blocks or two after the lintel before the parapet. Which will give the house a better look?
The house is a bungalow.
I mean three coach external wall and four coach internal wall or two coach external wall and three coach internal wall.
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by spyder880(m): 8:22am On Dec 28, 2015
Uhreme:
Oga spyder, pls I am about to parapet my house but I am indecisive whether to use three coach of blocks or two after the lintel before the parapet. Which will give the house a better look?
The house is a bungalow.
I mean three coach external wall and four coach internal wall or two coach external wall and three coach internal wall.

Since its a bungalow, use 3 blocks in the outside and 4 blocks in the inside. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by clementy117(m): 5:46pm On Jun 11, 2016
1. is the parapet worth the hype?

3. Is the costs worth the aesthetic value it can place on the building?

please can you answer this, I really want the answer sir Spider

1 Like

Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by Truman155(m): 10:47am On Oct 07, 2016
nice one
I will not advice anyone to go for precast concrete fascia
I have seen first hand what happens If it is not properly constructed
aside from the obvious benefits of quick construction and low dead load I don't see any other benefit in using precast fascia
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by Justcul(m): 10:12am On Nov 13, 2016
Truman155:
nice one
I will not advice anyone to go for precast concrete fascia
I have seen first hand what happens If it is not properly constructed
aside from the obvious benefits of quick construction and low dead load I don't see any other benefit in using precast fascia
And if properly constructed
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by spyder880(m): 7:25am On May 19, 2017
Another design of parapet fascia, the flat slab.......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by ehay(f): 11:28am On May 23, 2017
spyder880:
Another design of parapet fascia, the flat slab.......

old is this design less expensive than the others we see around
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by kellytrips: 3:59pm On May 26, 2017
Pls I need construction method for this last parapet style
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by spyder880(m): 8:58pm On May 26, 2017
kellytrips:
Pls I need construction method for this last parapet style

That will be later, we are building this in a site now. I will show all pictures here after the cast.
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by Nbg4real: 7:18pm On Feb 20, 2018
spyder880:

That will be later, we are building this in a site now. I will show all pictures here after the cast.
pga Sir we are still wating for the sample as you promised.
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by spyder880(m): 7:34pm On Feb 20, 2018
Nbg4real:
pga Sir we are still wating for the sample as you promised.

Oh, we did the parapet to perfection here on this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/3710601/new-6-bedroom-duplex-construction/7
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by spyder880(m): 7:35pm On Feb 20, 2018
It was a splendid product of the Tigerkenn group grin

1 Share

Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by Nbg4real: 11:25am On Feb 21, 2018
spyder880:

Oh, we did the parapet to perfection here on this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/3710601/new-6-bedroom-duplex-construction/7
thank you Sir

1 Like

Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by Wenda: 10:09am On Mar 09, 2018
Hi all, I have found the info regarding the Parapet fascia very informative and interesting. Thank you, I amazed at your talent and artistry. i have been working with cement for many years, did sculpting and cement murals. I just want to say this...the polystyrene is not an option for this application. I have used it indoors....as a cornice. But the slightest bump if you dust, or whatever, dents it! I do not think it will last outside...if you get storms like we do in South Africa, it won't. What might be an option is to work with a 'new age' cement mix where you add glass fibre as an aggregate....and add fly ash or even polystyrene as an aggregate to make the casting lighter? I think there is another product on the market and it is a fibre cement fascia....but I am unsure as to the cost. The polystyrene ones are very cheap compared to cement products and I think this is even more expensive. No, my opinion is that the parapet fascias cast 'in sito' or pre casted are a craft and an artform and worth paying for. Stunning work, keep it up...and thank you for sharing the 'how to'....just shows why we want to pay to have it done! wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by Sparks026(m): 10:44pm On Sep 10, 2018
So what is the final update here? Is pre-cast better than cast "in-sito"? Aside the later being more expensive, will it last longer than the pre-cast? Please share your experiences and respond. Oga Spyder, I greet you o!

2 Likes

Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by nwaonyeze001(m): 2:01am On Jan 13, 2020
spyder880:
creating a basket effect......

Please.....what kind of stone is advisable to use for the parapet? Someone said I should use the small stone......the size u get after stone dust, but my engineer wants to use the one we used for lintel......3/4 down size
According to him, he will increase the ratio of sand and cement

Please is it advisable to use the 3/4 down granite for parapet?
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by nwaonyeze001(m): 2:03am On Jan 13, 2020
spyder880:
The casting of a parapet with concrete..........

watch the way the concrete is flowing like water, parapets are cast in very water mixtures so it can enter every nook and crannies of the beam, block holes. Another reason we mix parapet concrete watery is for it to be smooth after the plywood is removed. Did you even know there is a special size of chipping stone for the casting of parapets?

Which size of chipping stone is advisable?
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by spyder880(m): 12:01am On Jan 14, 2020
nwaonyeze001:

Please.....what kind of stone is advisable to use for the parapet? Someone said I should use the small stone......the size u get after stone dust, but my engineer wants to use the one we used for lintel......3/4 down size
According to him, he will increase the ratio of sand and cement

Please is it advisable to use the 3/4 down granite for parapet?

It will be adequate for the work if he knows his sand mixture to match the stone he chose.

1 Like

Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by TrumXray(m): 12:18am On Feb 09, 2020
Koman
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by spyder880(m): 5:03am On Feb 09, 2020
TrumXray:

[b]Hello Prof. Spyder Please I'm currently in this situation and your words means a lot to me.
I'm planning to cast the parapet but the major challenge now is that, thou my project has double wall foundation of about 6 coaches each but there is no single pillar or column. Can I still go ahead with the parapet and if No, what do you suggest I can do.

[/b]

Let a building professional inspect the building and make recommendations. I wouldn't help much because a physical inspection is most appropriate.

1 Like

Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by Heromaniaa: 1:08pm On May 05, 2020
spyder880:
It was a splendid product of the Tigerkenn group grin
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by omanzo02: 12:36pm On May 24, 2020
I discovered this thread a bit late

1 Like

Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by slenderBeam1: 5:50am On Oct 05, 2020
Please is it advisable to use precast fascia concrete under Gerald..
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by spyder880(m): 7:48pm On Oct 05, 2020
slenderBeam1:
Please is it advisable to use precast fascia concrete under Gerald..

I don't think there's any disadvantage in that.

3 Likes

Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by slenderBeam1: 10:46pm On Oct 27, 2020
spyder880:

I don't think there's any disadvantage in that.

Thanks.
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by Josh1977: 5:50am On Feb 25, 2021
[Oga Spyder, pls I need your contact details, I want to make an enquiry from you
Zero seven zero five five three six four four four seven
quote author=spyder880 post=17873355]10 questions.......

2. Is pre cast better than the full cast?
3. Is the costs worth the aestethic value it can place on the building?
4. Can I add this to my private home or to a block of flats for rents?
5. What are the positives?
6. Shebi everything that has an advantage also has a disadvantage?
7. Can it prevent burglaries?
8. Can it prevent rodents and bats from hiding in my ceiling?
9. Does it limit indoor ventilation?
10. Can I do this parapet if my roof has been roofed before?[/quote]
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by spyder880(m): 8:11am On Feb 25, 2021
Josh1977:
[Oga Spyder, pls I need your contact details, I want to make an enquiry from you
Zero seven zero five five three six four four four seven
quote author=spyder880 post=17873355]10 questions.......

2. Is pre cast better than the full cast?
3. Is the costs worth the aestethic value it can place on the building?
4. Can I add this to my private home or to a block of flats for rents?
5. What are the positives?
6. Shebi everything that has an advantage also has a disadvantage?
7. Can it prevent burglaries?
8. Can it prevent rodents and bats from hiding in my ceiling?
9. Does it limit indoor ventilation?
10. Can I do this parapet if my roof has been roofed before?

You can reach me on 0803 335 0750. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by solasola(m): 5:00pm On Mar 08, 2021
Hi. IGA spider. I am proposing to do a 6 coaches after lintel for external walls for my secret roofing. Is it very essential to have some pillars for them.
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by spyder880(m): 10:46pm On Mar 08, 2021
solasola:
Hi. IGA spider. I am proposing to do a 6 coaches after lintel for external walls for my secret roofing. Is it very essential to have some pillars for them.

Duplex or bungalow?

2 Likes

Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by eddyline(m): 10:42am On Jul 19, 2021
spyder880:

Hello Spyder, what is your opinion on the aluminum type parapets in terms of cost, aesthetics et. Al.
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by spyder880(m): 7:04pm On Jul 19, 2021
eddyline:

Hello Spyder, what is your opinion on the aluminum type parapets in terms of cost, aesthetics et. Al.

It's cheaper, it also looks fine, but not a fine as the concrete type or the precast. The disadvantages are the noticeable crease lines on it that will make people discover that it's not concrete in time.
It also doesn't offer the type of anti theft, anti fire properties the concrete type can give.

2 Likes

Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by hslbroker2(m): 4:19pm On Jul 21, 2021
Contact us for your hardwood for roofing

2x2@N400

2x3@N500

2x4@N600

2x6@N1, 200

3x4@N1, 000

1x12@N2000

Call 0-7-0-6-2-3-2-9-5-0-5 for more information

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Best Of Price On Tiles,water Closet,pipes And Fitting Free Home Delivery / Archetect/builder Modern House Designs With Pictures And Prices / Home Plans For Bungalows In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.