Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,492 members, 7,781,480 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:15 PM

12-Year-Old Whitney Adeniran Dies At Chrisland High School (Photos) - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 12-Year-Old Whitney Adeniran Dies At Chrisland High School (Photos) (79257 Views)

Lagos Government Shuts Chrisland School Over Whitney Adeniran’s Death / We Are Heartbroken: Chrisland Schools React To Whitney Adeniran's Death / Inside A Military Secondary School (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12-Year-Old Whitney Adeniran Dies At Chrisland High School (Photos) by phineas: 8:56am On Feb 12, 2023
For those not informed,when a person dies under questionable circumstances,or brought in dead, a coroners autopsy must be done by the police (it's a law) before the body can be buried

A murder case cannot be made in such case without a "coroners"

1 Like

Re: 12-Year-Old Whitney Adeniran Dies At Chrisland High School (Photos) by Pinkyposh(f): 8:59am On Feb 12, 2023
crafteck:
. Be sure of what you say, it's not schools decision.

What do you mean it's not school's decision
Do you read to understand or you read to attack?
They should allow the parents conduct their own autopsy without any form involvement
Re: 12-Year-Old Whitney Adeniran Dies At Chrisland High School (Photos) by phineas: 9:00am On Feb 12, 2023
Pinkyposh:

When that of Sylvester happened, you people closed your eyes and ears and refused to withdraw your kids from that school.
When it gets to your turn, you'll start lamenting.
The remaining people in that school should start withdrawing their kids before it gets to them.

Imagine paying so much for school fees, yet they couldn't get adequate medical personnel on ground.
Couldn't take her to a good hospital
What a shame

That school is highly connected, an ordinary person can't bring it down

May the poor girl's soul rest in peace

It Is very possible,and most likely (based on all evidence available so far) that the whole Nigeria owes the Dowen 5 an apology.You all tried to pull an "aluu 4" on those kids on social media

You all should stop pointing fingers with unsubstantiated evidence.

This is another example of such a case leave it to those trained on these matters to conclude
Re: 12-Year-Old Whitney Adeniran Dies At Chrisland High School (Photos) by phineas: 9:14am On Feb 12, 2023
gaspology:
I am surprised parents still allowed their children to attend this infamous school after that Dubai scandal

How many scandals did you hear of in your secondary school days? All school had 1 or 2. If we close schools or refuse to use them as a result of the actions of some stupid secondary school students outside school.Will any of your school's abroad still exist?

uK secondary schools are now coming to recruit in Nigeria for boarding secondary schooling in the UK. Is that not ridiculous? Serious capital flight because we are demarketting our own schools ourselves

I know of parents who wanted to send their kids to boarding secondary school in Nigeria from abroad, but the Dowen story settled that matter.

We should stop this trend of demarketting Nigeria and her institutions,it has long term effects beyond just mere beer parlour gossips

2 Likes

Re: 12-Year-Old Whitney Adeniran Dies At Chrisland High School (Photos) by freddie009(m): 9:32am On Feb 12, 2023
fortunateme:
Autopsy first before any speculation.
Arrest the bus driver, and the nurse and the school teacher in duty on the said date.
But who really is the owner of this school?
Modified;
I suspect violent rape, or gang violence just like the substance given to that boy then.

No family deserve such pain. Rip Whitney.

The potential consequences for the bus driver and nurse, who may be from less privileged backgrounds, should not be assumed or attributed to the actions of the wealthy athlete. It's important to avoid making assumptions about people based on their socio-economic status or family background, and instead focus on a fair investigation based on evidence. The athlete's parents should work with the school during the investigation process, and it's important for all parents to be aware of their children's behavior and seek help if needed. Denying or ignoring concerning behaviors is not helpful and may lead to negative consequences.
Re: 12-Year-Old Whitney Adeniran Dies At Chrisland High School (Photos) by Donaj1: 9:38am On Feb 12, 2023
I think this school is being owned by an occultic person, always in the news for wrong reasons,na only this school dey Lagos sef?
Re: 12-Year-Old Whitney Adeniran Dies At Chrisland High School (Photos) by Naijatalkies(m): 9:44am On Feb 12, 2023
highchief1:
u don put fear for my body o.
Lol no cause for alarm... Just visit any competent lab and run the test.... There are some health issues that kills faster than most we focus on... With all the unnecessary stress going on in Nigeria... Every individual must take this serious,

1 Like

Re: 12-Year-Old Whitney Adeniran Dies At Chrisland High School (Photos) by highchief1: 9:54am On Feb 12, 2023
Naijatalkies:

Lol no cause for alarm... Just visit any competent lab and run the test.... There are some health issues that kills faster than most we focus on... With all the unnecessary stress going on in Nigeria... Every individual must take this serious,
yes true every body is scared of hiv something that doesn’t kill as fast as simple high blood pressure

1 Like

Re: 12-Year-Old Whitney Adeniran Dies At Chrisland High School (Photos) by crafteck(m): 10:05am On Feb 12, 2023
Pinkyposh:

What do you mean it's not school's decision
Do you read to understand or you read to attack?
They should allow the parents conduct their own autopsy without any form involvement

Parents own the body, the school has no authority over it, anyone that says something else is a liar.
Re: 12-Year-Old Whitney Adeniran Dies At Chrisland High School (Photos) by generalwo(m): 10:09am On Feb 12, 2023
How many souls will this school destroy before its shut down by our useless government
Re: 12-Year-Old Whitney Adeniran Dies At Chrisland High School (Photos) by Pinkyposh(f): 10:36am On Feb 12, 2023
crafteck:

Parents own the body, the school has no authority over it, anyone that says something else is a liar.
Same thing happened to that of Sylvester of Down college, the school was involved in the 2 autopsies conducted.
Re: 12-Year-Old Whitney Adeniran Dies At Chrisland High School (Photos) by sprints1: 10:37am On Feb 12, 2023
kay29000:

The guy that died was from Dowen, not Christland. Give me a link with the news of a student dying in Christland before now if you feel you're right.
let me mention the kid that died at idimu in the swimming pool for you that one did not get to the Internet cuz the school covered it up and the parent did not press charges. Don't argue with someone who was once a staff there

1 Like

Re: 12-Year-Old Whitney Adeniran Dies At Chrisland High School (Photos) by IbileIfe: 11:43am On Feb 12, 2023
No pupil or student should take part in any sporting event without medical checkup.
Negligence is the cause of some of these unfortunate tragic incidents.

1 Like

Re: 12-Year-Old Whitney Adeniran Dies At Chrisland High School (Photos) by luvtoteach(f): 11:56am On Feb 12, 2023
The foundation of some of these big schools is questionable atimes because some of the Proprietor and Proprietress are into occult in order to grow the school.

1 Like

Re: 12-Year-Old Whitney Adeniran Dies At Chrisland High School (Photos) by Abakelawal(f): 12:16pm On Feb 12, 2023
Chrisland again?
Re: 12-Year-Old Whitney Adeniran Dies At Chrisland High School (Photos) by crafteck(m): 12:25pm On Feb 12, 2023
Pinkyposh:

Same thing happened to that of Sylvester of Down college, the school was involved in the 2 autopsies conducted.
Being involved might mean having someone with their interest present to avoid manipulation since they are being accused, all parties involved should have a passive representative so there would be no arguments.
Re: 12-Year-Old Whitney Adeniran Dies At Chrisland High School (Photos) by 360Master: 12:33pm On Feb 12, 2023
Chrisland school is run like a typical Nigerian public school with little or no consideration for the safety of the children enrolled in the school. Forget the media hype and the jargons that goes online about the school. They are all lies.

These are some of the things you find when you dig deeper:
1. Zero safeguarding policy implementation
2. Their teachers/staffs are are poorly paid
3. Overpopulation. The children are too many therefore no adequate supervision.
4. Only eye service to government, parents and the ministry of education. Etc.

How can a school of that standard organize an inter-house sports without a fully equipped ambulance and other equipment on ground?

May God comfort the family of the poor 12 years old child who died as a result of the failure of the school management to provide her care.

God protect our children in this part of the world.

1 Like

Re: 12-Year-Old Whitney Adeniran Dies At Chrisland High School (Photos) by 9gerian: 12:36pm On Feb 12, 2023
Hair shaved, incision? I will get the whole school management and their teachers arrested and investigated, whichever is possible. shocked

NoToTerrorists:
What exactly is happening in our schools. Just yesterday someone was complaining her daughters hair was shaved and incision made in what looks like witchcraft.
Re: 12-Year-Old Whitney Adeniran Dies At Chrisland High School (Photos) by Olowosaudi(m): 12:46pm On Feb 12, 2023
Hmmm. Chrisland again. Yoo many controversies surrounding the school in recent years. Government needs to sanction the school heavily this time around but we know what we know it won't happen cos this is Nigeria, a country of absurdities.
Re: 12-Year-Old Whitney Adeniran Dies At Chrisland High School (Photos) by pendragonbladgo(m): 12:50pm On Feb 12, 2023
damoobaba:
Chrisland is in the news for another wrong reason.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02zd9Qk6dseDVGaqKwAYxEyot2HVdpPMaH3dDFXHUead1ktv6hMmBZDURXqfi6B3XQl&id=100754928963186&mibextid=Nif5oz
You are calling the world, calm down. Death is inevitable and don't be fast to accuse the school. Your daughter may die naturally pls.
Thank God we went to hard labour school where they use wire to flog us and give us farm lands to cut yet, we are stronger than Queens and Apple pet Schools.
My children will go to normal High schools normater how rich I am
Re: 12-Year-Old Whitney Adeniran Dies At Chrisland High School (Photos) by phill63(m): 2:48pm On Feb 12, 2023
[quote author=Northernblood8 post=120830059]It happens. Sometimes kids don't tell their parents some certain things because of the way they will react.

I once fainted in School because of excess purging. I didn't feel like telling my guidian that I wasn't feeling well and indomie was purging me because I felt that she will think that I am giving excuse to dodge school. I closed mouth go School enter toilet after heavy flow, I stepped into class and faint

[True! Nothing can be ruled out]
Re: 12-Year-Old Whitney Adeniran Dies At Chrisland High School (Photos) by Emdebby2: 2:49pm On Feb 12, 2023
It's so sad to loose a loved one in this manner. How could a school not take care of students assigned in their custody. You can sue them if you want even though it will not bring back the dead.
Re: 12-Year-Old Whitney Adeniran Dies At Chrisland High School (Photos) by bisiswag(f): 3:16pm On Feb 12, 2023
360Master:
Chrisland school is run like a typical Nigerian public school with little or no consideration for the safety of the children enrolled in the school. Forget the media hype and the jargons that goes online about the school. They are all lies.

These are some of the things you find when you dig deeper:
1. Zero safeguarding policy implementation
2. Their teachers/staffs are are poorly paid
3. Overpopulation. The children are too many therefore no adequate supervision.
4. Only eye service to government, parents and the ministry of education. Etc.

How can a school of that standard organize an inter-house sports without a fully equipped ambulance and other equipment on ground?

May God comfort the family of the poor 12 years old child who died as a result of the failure of the school management to provide her care.

God protect our children in this part of the world.
Am telling you, so sick. Imagine my kids school after d money paid by parents and they can't pay teachers for 3months, yet they can acquire a drone to cover end of year school party. Like what the hell is wrong with these proprietors? Just a bunch of lies and cover ups these schools are. Feel so sad for her parents. Kai
Re: 12-Year-Old Whitney Adeniran Dies At Chrisland High School (Photos) by Omodua(m): 4:08pm On Feb 12, 2023
damoobaba:

The other school where a student died is DOWEN COLLEGE. Chrisland is the school where a 13 year old student had s*x with the classmates, the school where Mercy Jognson daughter had problems with her teacher and a nursery pupil was also molested there sometime ago
Thanks for the reminiscences.
Re: 12-Year-Old Whitney Adeniran Dies At Chrisland High School (Photos) by Nobody: 4:17pm On Feb 12, 2023
davillian:
Black tongue ??
Autopsy should be carried out...
Yes and i suspect if no foul play it could be cardiac arrest related.Schools needs to be equipped with life saving gadgets like defibrillator and teach staff basic first aid techniques like cpr it’s so easy.
These cardiac arrests comes on suddenly plus respects no one,It happens to both the young and old.
Re: 12-Year-Old Whitney Adeniran Dies At Chrisland High School (Photos) by FarmTech(m): 4:33pm On Feb 12, 2023
Hmm. Black lips. Black tongues. Which kind symptoms is that? Autopsy shud be done. So sad.

1 Like

Re: 12-Year-Old Whitney Adeniran Dies At Chrisland High School (Photos) by damoobaba: 5:32pm On Feb 12, 2023
pendragonbladgo:

You are calling the world, calm down. Death is inevitable and don't be fast to accuse the school. Your daughter may die naturally pls.
Thank God we went to hard labour school where they use wire to flog us and give us farm lands to cut yet, we are stronger than Queens and Apple pet Schools.
My children will go to normal High schools normater how rich I am

No be my daughter O, abeg

1 Like

Re: 12-Year-Old Whitney Adeniran Dies At Chrisland High School (Photos) by davillian(m): 6:21pm On Feb 12, 2023
Tutu82:

Yes and i suspect if no foul play it could be cardiac arrest related.Schools needs to be equipped with life saving gadgets like defibrillator and teach staff basic first aid techniques like cpr it’s so easy.
These cardiac arrests comes on suddenly plus respects no one,It happens to both the young and old.
Yeah, they fail to understand that if you don't train the heart then you don't need to stress it ..

1 Like

Re: 12-Year-Old Whitney Adeniran Dies At Chrisland High School (Photos) by Nmezor(f): 6:48pm On Feb 12, 2023
Really sad, may her soul rest in peace
Re: 12-Year-Old Whitney Adeniran Dies At Chrisland High School (Photos) by 1Sharon(f): 7:08pm On Feb 12, 2023
amstamon:
Pls it's better we verify things before jumping into conclusions
Anyways, I have a close family friend who teaches there at opebi (a very dedicated pastor and well loved by parents.)
I had to chat him up as soon as I saw this post on NL.
He said this same child fainted twice last week and the parent were called to pick her up...
So I guess the parent were already aware of her conditions before the incident.
The only reason I'll blame the school is her participation on the sport event(participation not verified yet)..

I jst confirmed she didn't participate in any activities, that she was removed from matching sef

The mother has come out to say she never had any conditions, so who is saying the truth?
Re: 12-Year-Old Whitney Adeniran Dies At Chrisland High School (Photos) by 1Sharon(f): 7:29pm On Feb 12, 2023
phineas:

How many scandals did you hear of in your secondary school days? All school had 1 or 2. If we close schools or refuse to use them as a result of the actions of some stupid secondary school students outside school.Will any of your school's abroad still exist?

uK secondary schools are now coming to recruit in Nigeria for boarding secondary schooling in the UK. Is that not ridiculous? Serious capital flight because we are demarketting our own schools ourselves

I know of parents who wanted to send their kids to boarding secondary school in Nigeria from abroad, but the Dowen story settled that matter.

We should stop this trend of demarketting Nigeria and her institutions,it has long term effects beyond just mere beer parlour gossips

Why would they want to send their kids to Nigeria despite the Dowen scandal??

Why should they take that chance?

If the rich,despite all their resources cannot be protected in Nigeria that tells you how bad the country is.

This chrisland issue had opened my eyes, I used to think the rich can enjoy Nigeria but even they are going through it

At least in the UK rapists are locked up, in Nigeria the rapists are walking free. Nonsense.

Just look at how a rich prestigious school handled the death of their student. Even when they're educated, Nigerians still act like illliterates

1 Like

Re: 12-Year-Old Whitney Adeniran Dies At Chrisland High School (Photos) by DaddyCork: 11:56pm On Feb 12, 2023
bigtt76:
Sad but she must have been exhausted after running a race and her lungs could not quickly recover from it. Ideally she should've been given oxygen immediately after but I doubt there was any ambulance present. Also the fact she may not be showing signs of negative health condition doesn't mean she may not be having underlying health issues which have gone unnoticed. Any lets not speculate until an autopsy is out. RIP dear one and God grant the family the strength to bear this loss. Amen

helo please can i book u please? smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Who Is That Teacher, Whenever He Stands Like This, You Start Running? (Picture) / How Students Write Exams At The American University Of Nigeria (Photos) / Some Grammatical Mistakes You Make And Things You Say Wrong.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.