Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

CBN Orders Us To Recirculate Old 200 Naira Banknotes To The Economy - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Orders Us To Recirculate Old 200 Naira Banknotes To The Economy (5349 Views)

CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender / Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 / Council Of State Asks CBN To Print More Naira Notes Or Recirculate Old Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Orders Us To Recirculate Old 200 Naira Banknotes To The Economy by psucc(m): 5:59pm On Feb 12, 2023
Then we should have the new ones even if na fake.
kcnwaigbo:

Those notes are no longer legal tender
Re: CBN Orders Us To Recirculate Old 200 Naira Banknotes To The Economy by ggood: 6:04pm On Feb 12, 2023
tinsel:

Wait until tomorrow now before we can know if he is lying or not. For me, I don't believe him anyway.
by Tomorrow people who doubt me today will burial thier faces in shame

1 Like

Re: CBN Orders Us To Recirculate Old 200 Naira Banknotes To The Economy by jogojogo: 6:09pm On Feb 12, 2023
porka:

Your written English is terrible.
It still doesn't matter. The information is passed already
Why the attack on the op?

4 Likes

Re: CBN Orders Us To Recirculate Old 200 Naira Banknotes To The Economy by otokx(m): 6:26pm On Feb 12, 2023
That is what crossed my mind.
Re: CBN Orders Us To Recirculate Old 200 Naira Banknotes To The Economy by AngelicBeing: 6:29pm On Feb 12, 2023
shocked
Re: CBN Orders Us To Recirculate Old 200 Naira Banknotes To The Economy by faceland: 7:12pm On Feb 12, 2023
VTJN:
Lol
Seems you just came to Nigeria?

Old notes is in circulation already na. I have been spending old notes and collecting old notes as change from vendors and market women

I have old notes with me and i will spend it in coming days

Your question is very funny seriously

It is possible my palms have not touch old 200, 500 & 1k notes since Friday Night (I have 3 inside a book as collection). If they should be a riot, I should be in my house sleeping (don't want to be among them protesting why my money is now worthless).

Even one of my favorite trader, I thought he was Igbo, his bank account name is very Yoruba and he looks very Igbo. Just discovering everybody birth name or real identity.
Re: CBN Orders Us To Recirculate Old 200 Naira Banknotes To The Economy by faceland: 7:16pm On Feb 12, 2023
The one that surprised me was how the new 500 naira note just disappeared. The new 200 is less abundant than the1k which is everywhere.
Re: CBN Orders Us To Recirculate Old 200 Naira Banknotes To The Economy by FRANCISTOWN: 7:19pm On Feb 12, 2023
ggood:
I just came back from my office right now and CBN order us to recirculation old 200 Naira Bank note to the Economy from Tomorrow.

At least it's will ease the suffering of Nigerians, each person can only withdraw 200,000 old note over the counter.
I hope say na true o...
mey e no be say you dey cap insi
Re: CBN Orders Us To Recirculate Old 200 Naira Banknotes To The Economy by Upworkwriter007(f): 7:26pm On Feb 12, 2023
kcnwaigbo:

in which state?
Re: CBN Orders Us To Recirculate Old 200 Naira Banknotes To The Economy by Zico777(m): 7:29pm On Feb 12, 2023
ggood:
I just came back from my office right now and CBN order us to recirculation old 200 Naira Bank note to the Economy from Tomorrow.

At least it's will ease the suffering of Nigerians, each person can only withdraw 200,000 old note over the counter.
U are so right!
I was reliably informed by a bank official of this same update this afternoon.
Re: CBN Orders Us To Recirculate Old 200 Naira Banknotes To The Economy by Zico777(m): 7:30pm On Feb 12, 2023
nlreserve:
Who are you?
He's an insider!
Re: CBN Orders Us To Recirculate Old 200 Naira Banknotes To The Economy by Zico777(m): 7:32pm On Feb 12, 2023
KingsCity:

CBN sent a personal circular to you?
Dey there u hear!
The fact that u do not have a reliable info doesn't mean others don't!
Re: CBN Orders Us To Recirculate Old 200 Naira Banknotes To The Economy by Zico777(m): 7:33pm On Feb 12, 2023
Validated:
Mod, please close this thread and give the op a lifetime ban for circulating FAKE news
Till tomorrow una eyes go clear!
Re: CBN Orders Us To Recirculate Old 200 Naira Banknotes To The Economy by ggood: 7:34pm On Feb 12, 2023
Zico777:

U are so right!
I was reliably informed by a bank official of this same update this afternoon.
don't mind people that are attacking me , am an insider the circular was sent this morning
Re: CBN Orders Us To Recirculate Old 200 Naira Banknotes To The Economy by Zico777(m): 7:35pm On Feb 12, 2023
kcnwaigbo:

Says u abi!
The all knowing!
Re: CBN Orders Us To Recirculate Old 200 Naira Banknotes To The Economy by Tonytonex(m): 7:36pm On Feb 12, 2023
kcnwaigbo:

it's still a legal tender over here. Even as I'm typing this. I'm spending it now
Re: CBN Orders Us To Recirculate Old 200 Naira Banknotes To The Economy by seunmsg(m): 7:36pm On Feb 12, 2023
Dem still dey play. They will recirculate all the old notes till election is over. Emefiele and his gang of evil doers have been defeated.

3 Likes

Re: CBN Orders Us To Recirculate Old 200 Naira Banknotes To The Economy by Tonytonex(m): 7:37pm On Feb 12, 2023
Validated:
Mod, please close this thread and give the op a lifetime ban for circulating FAKE news
they won't know. Until you report it. Click on report. Let's do that now.
Re: CBN Orders Us To Recirculate Old 200 Naira Banknotes To The Economy by Zico777(m): 7:37pm On Feb 12, 2023
ggood:
don't mind people that attack me , am an insider the circular was sent this morning
Bro, pls ignore the childish folks! it's not your fault that they lack information.
Re: CBN Orders Us To Recirculate Old 200 Naira Banknotes To The Economy by Tonytonex(m): 7:38pm On Feb 12, 2023
If it's not on CBN official twitter handle it's fake.
Re: CBN Orders Us To Recirculate Old 200 Naira Banknotes To The Economy by Opintiwa: 7:39pm On Feb 12, 2023
seunmsg:
Dem still dey play. They will recirculate all the old notes till election is over. Emefiele and his gang of evil doers have been defeated.

So you left Buhari your Fulani master to blame Emefele?

APC fighting APC?

Una be corn fools true true

2 Likes

Re: CBN Orders Us To Recirculate Old 200 Naira Banknotes To The Economy by Zico777(m): 7:40pm On Feb 12, 2023
9jahotblog:
in your dream, stop dreaming joor. What about #500 and #1000 old notes too?
The bigger denominations inclusive!
Re: CBN Orders Us To Recirculate Old 200 Naira Banknotes To The Economy by Spandau: 7:40pm On Feb 12, 2023
seunmsg:

grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: CBN Orders Us To Recirculate Old 200 Naira Banknotes To The Economy by Tonytonex(m): 7:42pm On Feb 12, 2023
ggood:
this is not fake news am working in the financial institution
ok @ggood that's good
Re: CBN Orders Us To Recirculate Old 200 Naira Banknotes To The Economy by CodeTemplar: 7:45pm On Feb 12, 2023
What about old N500 & N1000?

They are trying to reduce higher denominations in circulation to curb high prices of goofs obviously. Witchcraft economics.
Re: CBN Orders Us To Recirculate Old 200 Naira Banknotes To The Economy by kokoA(m): 7:45pm On Feb 12, 2023
If this is true then this CBN governor is more senseless than I thought.. If you can't print enough of the new notes then allow the new and old run side by side.. Ah! We can't be paying for his inefficiency.
Re: CBN Orders Us To Recirculate Old 200 Naira Banknotes To The Economy by SuperStriker: 7:54pm On Feb 12, 2023
seunmsg:

Shut up

1 Like

Re: CBN Orders Us To Recirculate Old 200 Naira Banknotes To The Economy by SuperStriker: 7:55pm On Feb 12, 2023
kokoA:
If this is true then this CBN governor is more senseless than I thought.. If you can't print enough of the new notes then allow the new and old run side by side.. Ah! We can't be paying for his inefficiency.

No way. No vote buying
Re: CBN Orders Us To Recirculate Old 200 Naira Banknotes To The Economy by kokoA(m): 8:33pm On Feb 12, 2023
SuperStriker:

No way. No vote buying
That's the work of security agents. If you say people are hoarding cash to buy votes then go in search of locations where these monies are. Why suffer me that have no business with politicians?

2 Likes

Re: CBN Orders Us To Recirculate Old 200 Naira Banknotes To The Economy by Lamanii22(f): 8:45pm On Feb 12, 2023
ggood:
Queen Elizabeth lol , someone like you is the reason Northerners corner all the juicy position in Nigeria to themselves while the south keep speaking queens English , I call bet my balls your from the Southern part of Nigeria, stay there and be shouting your Written English is poor while your mate here in the occupy top position.
as in eh… English is not helping matter at all in this country…
Re: CBN Orders Us To Recirculate Old 200 Naira Banknotes To The Economy by SleekyP(m): 9:37pm On Feb 12, 2023
Old naira still valid, spend ya money cool
Re: CBN Orders Us To Recirculate Old 200 Naira Banknotes To The Economy by kcnwaigbo: 10:18pm On Feb 12, 2023
Tonytonex:
it's still a legal tender over here. Even as I'm typing this. I'm spending it now
cheesy
Okay go and deposit it in the bank

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rubbish! Neither Awo Nor Adesanya Was Yoruba Leader –akinjide / THANK YOU ALL / PICTURES:Colleagues confirm NAF's Pilot's Identity.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.