Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,018 members, 7,806,976 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Alleged Pitiful Theft And Corruption Revealed-Shameful - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Alleged Pitiful Theft And Corruption Revealed-Shameful (4291 Views)

Assets Declaration Documents Detail Bukola Saraki’s Theft And Looting (PHOTOS) / Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Look-Alike (Picture) / An Open Letter To Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Alleged Pitiful Theft And Corruption Revealed-Shameful by nduchucks: 5:52pm On Sep 10, 2011
A few days ago, we were told that Okonjo-Iweala vows to tackle corruption https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-755463.0.html .

The revelations below leaves a biiter taste in my mouth, I just lost my respect for this lady. She too is allegedly thief. I am beginning to wonder  whether her priority to pay down dubious debts obtained by dubious governments, was done in the best interest of Nigerians. All her activities should be watched very closely from now on.

As Minister of Finance under the government of Olusegun Obasanjo, Nigeria’s returnee Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister for the Economy, Mrs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, steered public contracts to her brother worth up to $50 million, with the help of the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Mr. Nasir El-Rufai, yet another WikiLeaks US cable issued in 2006 says.
The contracts were said to have been awarded to the man, identified only as “JonJon,” for consulting work for the ministry.
The detailed cable, which spells out corruption allegations against a variety of powerful Nigerians, are contained in a cable in which the United States was considering response to the corruption machine in Nigeria.  Entitled “CORRUPTION: NIGERIA "IMPROVES" TO SIXTH-WORST IN THE WORLD, WHAT CAN WE DO ABOUT IT?” it followed the release by Transparency International of its 2005 Annual Corruption Perceptions, and it was written by the Ambassador in Nigeria, Mr. John Campbell.
It showed the ambassador considering using the tool of U.S. visa revocations under Presidential Proclamation 7750 to punish corrupt Nigerian public officials, after noting that President Obasanjos anti-corruption campaign was widely perceived to be nothing more than a political witch hunt by President Obasanjo, a view supported by examining cases targeted at high-level officials.
Mr. El-Rufai was himself one of those profiled in the cable, where he is identified as having been known to the Embassy eight years earlier “when he was homeless and seeking a loan to import a taxi from the UK.”

Read the rest of the sad story here:http://saharareporters.com/news-page/wikileaks-okonjo-iweala-ferried-50-million-jobs-brother
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Alleged Pitiful Theft And Corruption Revealed-Shameful by Sunofgod(m): 5:55pm On Sep 10, 2011
All Nigerian politicians are thieves.

In fact, at least 90% of Nigerians are also corrupt.

And as our politicians are selected from the population one shouldn't be surprised by their crimes.

I'm not.
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Alleged Pitiful Theft And Corruption Revealed-Shameful by aljharem3: 6:15pm On Sep 10, 2011
lol that is PDP for u

even Iweala can not resist wink
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Alleged Pitiful Theft And Corruption Revealed-Shameful by Gayigaskia(m): 8:11pm On Sep 10, 2011
Sai Buhari
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Alleged Pitiful Theft And Corruption Revealed-Shameful by Onlytruth(m): 8:30pm On Sep 10, 2011
ndu_chucks, what are you up to this time around?

Your fake indignation is not fooling smart folks one bit. undecided
Even if this story is true, what you should try to find out is whether the contracts were executed or not. People in civilized climes also do same thing and call it "networking". It only becomes a crime if the contract is not executed, like your brothers do when awarded contracts.

BTW, your brothers don't even bother to award contracts. They simply withdraw the money from federal government accounts and use it as they deem fit -import rice, sugar; or dump it in black markets for exchange business.
You should wait till Sanusi leaves office before coming here to insult us with your demented sanctimony.

Atulu na ata afifia. cool
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Alleged Pitiful Theft And Corruption Revealed-Shameful by cap28: 8:41pm On Sep 10, 2011
i pity nigerians - the most delusional set of human beings on the face of this planet, when some clueless sheep were singing this woman's praises a few months ago i pointed out that this woman was a complete write off during obasanjo's tenure and will be a complete write off during GEJ's tenure, these sheep were up in arms, bleating pathetically about how great this woman was simply because she happens to be a world bank trained economist, now these fools who were bowing and scraping before this woman like slaves can now see for themselves how fantastic she is , bunch of i.diots - this is just the beginning - keep enjoying your fresh air
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Alleged Pitiful Theft And Corruption Revealed-Shameful by nduchucks: 8:43pm On Sep 10, 2011
@Onlytruth, we already know that you will never express any outrage when corruption and theft by 'leaders' from your region is exposed. I say shame on you for that.

Corruption is never OK, my disappointment at Ngozi cannot be overstated. Many Nigerians are just as disappointed as I am. Youths like you should be protesting and demanding accountability from your leaders, it is quite a pity that you people choose to be enablers instead. olodo, barawo banza.
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Alleged Pitiful Theft And Corruption Revealed-Shameful by Onlytruth(m): 8:47pm On Sep 10, 2011
Posted by: ndu_chucks

@Onlytruth, we already know that you will never express any outrage when corruption and theft by 'leaders' from your region is exposed. I say shame on you for that.

Corruption is never OK, my disappointment at Ngozi cannot be overstated. Many Nigerians are just as disappointed as I am. Youths like you should be protesting and demanding accountability from your leaders, it is quite a pity that you people choose to be enablers instead. olodo, barawo banza.

hehehe! ROTFL! grin grin grin grin

C'mon now. I ain't no thief brother man. cool
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Alleged Pitiful Theft And Corruption Revealed-Shameful by cap28: 8:49pm On Sep 10, 2011
tribalism is the cancer that is destroying nigeria - this is the reason why dumb nigerians would vote in a party full of known criminals and expect them to have a change of heart after 12 years of plunder.  southern nigerians had the opportunity to vote in someone who had nigeria's interest genuinely at heart but because he was a northerner they opted instead for a southern criminal and his crew of fellow thiefs, im so glad that Okonjo Iweala has been outed for what she is - a thief, a US stooge and a fraudster - nigerians you deserve the scum that rule over you.
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Alleged Pitiful Theft And Corruption Revealed-Shameful by EkoIle1: 8:50pm On Sep 10, 2011
Shut your damn mouth. You obviously don't know the meaning of networking.

This is not only corruption, it's nepotism, cronyism, conflict of interest, patronage and influence peddling.

She's just another crooked, money hungry and unpatriotic Nigerian. And you are mentally corrupt.

Onlytruth:

ndu_chucks, what are you up to this time around?

Your fake indignation is not fooling smart folks one bit.  undecided
Even if this story is true, what you should try to find out is whether the contracts were executed or not. People in civilized climes also do same thing and call it "networking". It only becomes a crime if the contract is not executed, like your brothers do when awarded contracts.

BTW, your brothers don't even bother to award contracts. They simply withdraw the money from federal government accounts and use it as they deem fit -import rice, sugar; or dump it in black markets for exchange business.
You should wait till Sanusi leaves office before coming here to insult us with your demented sanctimony.

Atulu na ata afifia.  cool
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Alleged Pitiful Theft And Corruption Revealed-Shameful by Onlytruth(m): 8:55pm On Sep 10, 2011
Posted by: cap28

tribalism is the cancer that is destroying nigeria - this is the reason why dumb nigerians would vote in a party full of known criminals and expect them to have a change of heart after 12 years of plunder.  southern nigerians had the opportunity to vote in someone who had nigeria's interest genuinely at heart but because he was a northerner they opted instead for a southern criminal and his crew of fellow thiefs, im so glad that Okonjo Iweala has been outed for what she is - a thief, a US stooge and a fraudster - nigerians you deserve the scum that rule over you.

C'mon cap28. You should not talk like this because there is no proof that she stole any money.
She only awarded contracts to someone related to her. Try to find out whether the contracts were executed and whether they were over-invoiced. Step over lynch mob mentality.
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Alleged Pitiful Theft And Corruption Revealed-Shameful by aljharem3: 9:01pm On Sep 10, 2011
Onlytruth:

C'mon cap28. You should not talk like this because there is no proof that she stole any money.
She only awarded contracts to someone related to her. Try to find out whether the contracts were executed and whether they were over-invoiced. Step over lynch mob mentality.

i can't believe u brother

i think u must be an EWU anu onya ara ololo angry

why can't u be objective for once. why would she give a contract to her relative

so because Iweala is a minister, the brother should be a millionaire over night
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Alleged Pitiful Theft And Corruption Revealed-Shameful by Onlytruth(m): 9:03pm On Sep 10, 2011
^^

Okay, let me break it a little down.
What she did is called "cronyism" in the worst definition. NOT THEFT.
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Alleged Pitiful Theft And Corruption Revealed-Shameful by Kobojunkie: 9:09pm On Sep 10, 2011
Any information yet on the particular projects she may have handed to her brother, and the current situation with those projects? I mean this is news that should be taken seriously. $50 million no be small money and this accusation big, no be small oo!!
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Alleged Pitiful Theft And Corruption Revealed-Shameful by cap28: 9:26pm On Sep 10, 2011
Onlytruth:

bros this is why we will never progress as a nation - why are you making excuses for something that we all know equates to corruption - you can continue to dress up what she has done using fancy words but the bottom line is she awarded what sounds like an over inflated multi million dollar contract to a family member, i mean $50 million dollars for "consultancy work" what kind of consultancy services cost $50 million

i have always had a bad feeling about this woman -right from when she served under obasanjo - she fraudulently transferred billions of nigeria's foreign reserves into the hands of western banks under the guise of paying off our supposed debt, and now we know that she has also been stealing from the till, its time for Okonjo Iweala to do the honorable thing and resign - enough is enough.
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Alleged Pitiful Theft And Corruption Revealed-Shameful by aloyemeka1: 9:27pm On Sep 10, 2011
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Alleged Pitiful Theft And Corruption Revealed-Shameful by naijaking1: 9:32pm On Sep 10, 2011
@ndu-chuks
I know you can do better, but since tribal politics is involved, I don't trust you angry
I know that you and other tribal foul-mouths on this thread can't wait to hang 'something, anything on Iweala, but I have been waiting for you to post the rebuttal by Mallam El-Rufia on this topic, but you wouldn't.
Maybe a spirited rebutal may not support your cockeyed attack, and execution without trial on any accused Igbo person, and every other Nigerian for that matter .
Remember the "shoot them at sight propaganda by Sanusi"? This is even worse, because even the US Ambassador has clearly said that all these are mere allegations which she has not verified.

Please read, enjoy, and educate your tribalistic self(selves)

[size=18pt]El Rufai Refutes Wikileaks Report on Ngozi Iwealla $50m contract, other accusations        [/size]
Written by Elombah.com    

Friday, 09 September 2011 20:55  
[elombah.com]

Former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Mallam Nasir el Rufai has described wikileaks report indicting him of corruption as “FCT 'beer parlour' rumours!” He was reacting to US Diplomatic Cables report that said he was at “the center of the corruption allegations Whereby the Minister of Finance Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is said to have steered contracts to her brother (JonJon) with the help of el-Rufai".  The contracts, said to
amount to about $50 million, were allegedly paid for consulting work for the Ministry.

BUT speaking to Elombah.com Friday evening Mallam el Rufai said “Some of these wikileaks stories are complete fabrications or at best Abuja beer parlour rumours that these diplomats send to Washington to impress their masters.”
“How can I as FCT minister influence award of contracts of 50 million dollars (N5bn) in the Ministry of Finance to Ngozi's brothers? That is utter nonsense. The entire capital budget of Ministry of Finance cannot be near that amount!”

The wikileaks report published on Elombah.com also said El Rufai was homeless ”eight years ago” and seeking a loan to import a taxi from the UK, but then was “said to have recently purchased seven upscale properties in a posh Abuja neighbourhood”.

Dismissing the Diplomatic Cables as mere fabrications, El Rufai said the guys must be talking about someone else. “I owned my first house in 1988 and the building is still there in Kaduna.”
“I have never sought a loan in my entire life, and to buy a taxi for what? From UK which drives on the left side of the road? These guys are idiots! I am a construction professional not a taxi driver or owner.”
The US Diplomatic Report also accused Nasir el Rufai of demolishing commercial and residential buildings in the capital only to allocate them for himself and several of his friends. “After demolishing residential properties in Kubwa, the land was reallocated to several of his friends and to an investment company he allegedly owns.  The community of Chika, where about two square miles of development was demolished in December, has allegedly been allocated to the same group of people”, the US Officials said.

In his response Mallam el Rufai said the report of seven upscale properties anywhere in the world is entirely false, adding”the American should tell me where the buildings are so I can repossess them”
“Everything they wrote about Kubwa is false and does not make any sense. As minister, I could allocate land in the city to anyone I wished. Why would I choose to do that in Kubwa, a high density resettlement town when Asokoro etc are equally at my disposal? It is malicious madness!
“As for Chika, it is one of the 49 villages along the Airport Road within the city footprint that are to be relocated sooner or later. The settlers refused enumeration for future relocation so we decided to remove the illegal settlement. There were demolitions, but to talk of demolitions that is 2 square miles? Nonsense!
“All the buildings in Chika there are unauthorized and so no plots have been laid out or surveyed, and none allocated to anyone there while I was in office. “
Below is El rufai’s full response to the US diplomatic cables report:

Me homeless?
I think these guys must be talking about someone else. I owned my first house in 1988 and it is still there in Kaduna.

Loan for a taxi?
I have never sought a loan in my entire life, and to buy a taxi for what? From UK which drives on the left side of the road? These guys are idiots! I am a construction professional not a taxi driver or owner.

Upsacle properties in Abuja?
I wish I have seven upscale properties anywhere in the world, the American should tell me where they are so I can repossess them.

Kubwa
Everything they wrote about Kubwa is false and does not make any sense. As minister, I could allocate land in the city to anyone I wished. Why would I choose to do that in Kubwa, a high density resettlement town when Asokoro etc are equally at my disposal? It is malicious madness!

Chika
As for Chika, it is one of the 49 villages along the Airport Road within the city footprint that are to be relocated soone or later. The settlers refused enumeration for future relocation so we decided to remove the illegal settlement. There were demolitions but 2 square miles? Nonsense!
All the buildings in Chika there are unauthorized and so no plots have been laid out or surveyed, and none allocated to anyone there while I was in office.

Ngozi's brothers
How can I as FCT minister influence award of contracts of 50 mill dollars (N5bn) in the Ministry of Finance to Ngozi's brothers? That is utter nonsense. The entire capital budget of MoF cannot be near that amount!

Oil Blocks with Andy Uba
We never even got along with Andy Uba while in government _ hardly on speaking terms most of the time. How can they allege that we have interest in oil block? Which? Where? They should please tell me so I can go and claim and be the next TY Danuma.

Wikileaks are FCT 'beer parlour' rumours!
Some of these wikileaks stories are complete fabrications or at best Abuja beer parlour rumours that these diplomats send to Washington to impress their masters.

Enough said. Thanks.
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Alleged Pitiful Theft And Corruption Revealed-Shameful by Kobojunkie: 9:36pm On Sep 10, 2011
Elombah.com is now a valid source for news?? I remember posting some weeks ago, an article from that same site, and I almost got my head chewed off for doing just that.  undecided undecided undecided undecided

Anyways, ofcourse it would be naive to expect any of the accused to own up, if true. I think this should be where EFCC needs to come in to look into providing evidence for/against this.
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Alleged Pitiful Theft And Corruption Revealed-Shameful by Beaf: 9:39pm On Sep 10, 2011
First, the minister has no brother called Jon-Jon, as the alleged “brother” is identified in the story.
Second, no brother of the minister was awarded any such “consulting” contract for as alleged.

http://lindaikeji..com/2011/09/response-to-sahara-reporters-story.html#more

Desperation amongst anti-GEJ folk is what is causing the invention of the current rash of spaced out tales.
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Alleged Pitiful Theft And Corruption Revealed-Shameful by Kobojunkie: 9:40pm On Sep 10, 2011
aloy/emeka:

[size=13pt]Fourth, this “revelation” obviously refers to a previous allegation about one of her brothers which was thoroughly investigated and discredited because it was found to have originated from vested interests. It is shocking that something that was discredited so long ago is being rehashed.[/size]

Where are the details of this. Who investigated this? Who discredited this? When?
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Alleged Pitiful Theft And Corruption Revealed-Shameful by aloyemeka1: 9:49pm On Sep 10, 2011
naijaking1:

If Elombah.com is not a valid source, which one is? Saharareporter? Odili.net? Gamji. com? Or Kobofunky.com

Anybody who knows John Campbell as mentioned in the Wikileaks article will know that it lacks substance. John Campbell should start from mentioning his illegal deals with Atiku. I wonder how some people will claim not to have prejudice but will readily believe a junk story from a junk site but will question the credibility of a rebuttal based on the fact that it came from another junk site. Nigeria is truly blessed with weird people.
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Alleged Pitiful Theft And Corruption Revealed-Shameful by Kobojunkie: 10:06pm On Sep 10, 2011
um . . . Is SaharaReporters now wikileaks? If I recall, this is a leak leaked on Wikileak, what has SaharaReporters to do with this now??  Is there evidence to support this new assertion/presumption that everything Wikileaks has to do with SaharaReporters?? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

http://wikileaks.org/cable/2006/02/06ABUJA483.html

For pete's sake Nigerians were not aware of the allegations against her, and we certainly where not informed of the investigations that followed, or of the results. Why in the world would SANE beings demand that this not be pursued? Are we no longer interested in learning the truth in ALL things? Or are we only interested in truth when those, whose arses our tongues are not stuck up in, are called on/investigated?

This story was buried -- majority of us never knew of the existence of this allegation, until this leak surfaced some days ago. What the heck is wrong is pushing to know more about this SECRET? The woman is supposedly confirming the allegations did exist at one time. What happened? That is what we should be asking here.

Again,

Elombah.com is now a valid source for news?? I remember posting some weeks ago, an article from that same site, and I almost got my head chewed off for doing just that.  undecided undecided undecided undecided

Anyways, ofcourse it would be naive to expect any of the accused to own up, if true. I think this should be where EFCC needs to come in to look into providing evidence for/against this.

aloy/emeka:

[size=13pt]Fourth, this “revelation” obviously refers to a previous allegation about one of her brothers which was thoroughly investigated and discredited because it was found to have originated from vested interests. It is shocking that something that was discredited so long ago is being rehashed.[/size]

Where are the details of this. Who investigated this? Who discredited this? When?
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Alleged Pitiful Theft And Corruption Revealed-Shameful by cap28: 10:17pm On Sep 10, 2011
was anyone expecting el rufai to own up ?

so we are now at a point where we pick and choose what we beleive is the truth from wikileaks?

the reason that this story has been reported in sahara reporters and not any of those pathetic, praise singing grovelling rags that you call newspapers in nigeria is because any nigerian journalist resident in nigeria who touches this story will never live to see the next day.

no nigerian publication would dare touch this story with a ten foot barge pole and instead of some dullards to be grateful to sahara reporters for uncovering this scandal they re bleating on about rubbish.

this woman must either resign or be placed on suspension pending the outcome of a thorough investigation into these allegations, the nigerian people should not settle for anything less. how can anyone in their right mind defend the award of a $50 million consultancy contract to a family member when the average nigerian lives on less than a dollar a day - if this woman is allowed to carry on with this job i will know that nigeria is well and truly finished.
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Alleged Pitiful Theft And Corruption Revealed-Shameful by naijaking1: 10:31pm On Sep 10, 2011
cap28:

was anyone expecting el rufai to own up ?

so we are now at a point where we pick and choose what we beleive is the truth from wikileaks?

the reason that this story has been reported in sahara reporters and not any of those pathetic, praise singing grovelling rags that you call newspapers in nigeria is because any nigerian journalist resident in nigeria who touches this story will never live to see the next day.

no nigerian publication would dare touch this story with a ten foot barge pole and instead of some dullards to be grateful to sahara reporters for uncovering this scandal they re bleating on about rubbish.

this woman must either resign or be placed on suspension pending the outcome of a thorough investigation into these allegations, the nigerian people should not settle for anything less. how can anyone in their right mind defend the award of a $50 million consultancy contract to a family member when the average nigerian lives on less than a dollar a day - if this woman is allowed to carry on with this job i will know that nigeria is well and truly finished.

The problem with this idea is that we can't punish people for mere allegations before we actually try them, even in the 1600s Salem witch hunt. The problem with executing every accused person is that the people who are truely guilty get to escape justice. It seems you want a hasty execution as a means of satisfaying some hidden ethnic, religious, or criminal agenda. Surely not in the interest of honest Nigeria cool cool cool
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Alleged Pitiful Theft And Corruption Revealed-Shameful by lucabrasi(m): 10:33pm On Sep 10, 2011
@poster
she has nothing to be ashamed of,rather you should be ashamed sensationalising a story without any foundation of truth and also pre judging her without evidence.
what did you mean by pitiful theft and corruption revealed and very shameful were you there??
this is why i seldom post comments on here anymore,nowhere has it been alleged or proven recently that this woman stole the only evidence has been what i will call official gossips a.k.a wikileaks yet some have already drawn and quartered the woman, the world bank and other places she has been associated with after she left obasanjo's government who do mandatory criminal,immigration and others check have cleared her yet that isn't enough for our regular naysayers
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Alleged Pitiful Theft And Corruption Revealed-Shameful by aljharem3: 10:40pm On Sep 10, 2011
^^^ with the poster above

Now it comfirms that we have many phycos in Nigeria

shame of mad men on this forum
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Alleged Pitiful Theft And Corruption Revealed-Shameful by lucabrasi(m): 10:52pm On Sep 10, 2011
alj_harem:

^^^ with the poster above

Now it comfirms that we have many phycos in Nigeria

shame of mad men on this forum
i was going to get at you with a more robust retort until i quickly realised you r both worth it with the elementary school bad grammar you have written.
rather than reply you in kind i will help correct your mistakes.

now it confirms is totally wrong pls correct yourself or let me know if you ll prefer i did that for you

what is shame of mad men??lmaooo
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Alleged Pitiful Theft And Corruption Revealed-Shameful by naijaking1: 11:05pm On Sep 10, 2011
Once again, the irony of this allegation is that while the people who really, actually, and truely stole from Nigeria would be confused and mixed up with people who did no such thing. And we have many tribal warriors here on N/L to echo and amplify such stupid rumors.
Because many people are still arguing this point despite reasonable evidence to show that the allegation is false, proves that this might be another "Deizani-Madueke-nization" of this Lady.
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Alleged Pitiful Theft And Corruption Revealed-Shameful by Kobojunkie: 11:10pm On Sep 10, 2011
For pete's sake Nigerians were not aware of the allegations against her, and we certainly where not informed of the investigations that followed, or of the results. Why in the world would SANE beings demand that this not be pursued? Are we no longer interested in learning the truth in ALL things? Or are we only interested in truth when those, whose arses our tongues are not stuck up in, are called on/investigated?

This story was buried -- majority of us never knew of the existence of this allegation, until this leak surfaced some days ago. What the heck in wrong is pushing to know more about this SECRET? The woman is supposedly confirming the allegations did exist at one time. What happened? That is what we should be asking here.

aloy/emeka:

Where are the details of this. Who investigated this? Who discredited this? When? Why was the public not informed? Why did we have to learn of this through a US leak?
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Alleged Pitiful Theft And Corruption Revealed-Shameful by xcolanto(m): 11:12pm On Sep 10, 2011
I am beginning to become suspicious of these wikileaks reports in regards to Nigerian politics. It seems these days Nigerian news regarding corruption is the order of the day coming from these leaks. Do not get me wrong these leaks are real but it is possible that they could be fabricated to create more division politically in the Nigerian government from bodies like the CIA and other western agents in the hopes of splitting the country. Just my two cents  cool cool
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Alleged Pitiful Theft And Corruption Revealed-Shameful by Kobojunkie: 11:16pm On Sep 10, 2011
^^^ You are probably right. These particular leaks were fabricated in 2006(Iweala seems to have corroborated the existence of this accusation back in 2006, or thereabouts), with foreknowledge that in 2010, they would be stolen and then leaked 3 months after Nigeria's 2011 ELECTION . . . . I can't hold back any longer . . .  ROFL

Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Alleged Pitiful Theft And Corruption Revealed-Shameful by naijaking1: 11:17pm On Sep 10, 2011
Once again, anybody trying to say that we don't want these alleagtions investigated is not telling the truth. My point has been with people who want her dismissed, suspended, or even fired before investigations are completed. Justice is never served with a rush to judgement, unless you have an ulterior motive.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Igbo Youths Gives Gov., Fashola Three Days To Apologize / Security Watch! Orji Uzo-kalu, An “illiterate” – Tinubu / Meet 179 Years Old Man Found In India Who Said “death Has Forgotten Me”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.