Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

Old Note Ends 10th, CBN (my Advise) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Old Note Ends 10th, CBN (my Advise) (1422 Views)

Banks Receiving Old Note End Tomorrow 18th Of February / Naira Redesign: You Have 12 Hours Left To Deposit Your Old Note..(CBN) / Could This Be Literacy Or Lack Of Enlightenment. People Rejecting Old Note? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Old Note Ends 10th, CBN (my Advise) by ubest1(m): 10:42am On Feb 14, 2023
For those with old cash to make it easy Look for any registered establishment negotiate to assist you in paying in ur old note especially if it in large sum to avoid questioning going to CBN urself.
Secondly the payment of old note to CBN directly ends on Friday (17th), after that date ur old note becomes tissue papers except if next govt will amend the policy.
Finally for those waiting for Supreme court judgement tomorrow would likely change nothing rather the previous judgement will be set aside because CBN is independent body.

I was telling a friend this old note warning wahala is like people unknownly building in govt land govt will always have their ways back but you as a person try and avoid being a victim, people still collecting the old note doing it out of ignorant or ''hear say'' why others just doing all the spend it out. God bless Nigeria.

Below from CBN

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has declared that the old Naira Notes of N200, N500 and N1000 have ceased to be legal tender in Nigeria since the 10th of February, 2023.

The declaration was made by the Branch Controller of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Bauchi, Haladu Idris Andaza while briefing Journalists on Monday at the CBN, branch in Bauchi.

He said that “In the last 24 hours, we have been inundated by questions from various angles of the general public about our operational guidelines on the old currency notes, be that as it may, there are so many questions here and there which people have been asking about.”

According to him, “So for the avoidance of doubt, we wish to state categorically that CBN is ready and is opened to receive all of those old notes based on certain conditions and criteria.”

“Customers are free to come to the Bank and deposit which they cannot do at the Commercial Banks anymore because the currency has seized to be a legal tender since the 10th of this month".

Consequently, the management of the CBN decided that those customers will have a sigh of relief by coming to the offices of the CBN in all the 36 states in the Federation including FCT to deposit their money.

“The customer has to go to the CBN portal and fill a form in the portal, there will be a form there concerning this currency redesign and exchange.”

Andaza further explained that “After filling the form, you generate a code, you either print it or come with it in your mobile phone, give us the code and the information contained therein. In the form, you are expected to provide all the basic information about yourself, your account details and the amount you want to deposit.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/old-naira-notes-no-more-legal-tender-in-nigeria-cbn-declares/
Re: Old Note Ends 10th, CBN (my Advise) by onidal: 10:43am On Feb 14, 2023
Why all these confusion
Re: Old Note Ends 10th, CBN (my Advise) by Nobody: 10:55am On Feb 14, 2023
Old notes still valid!

The APEX court has ruled and NOTHING can change that!

Even the CBN accepted that billions of old Naira notes still in circulation, and making plans to pump in more new ones so as to retrieve old notes.

So why will they end, when that has not been fulfilled!

3 Likes

Re: Old Note Ends 10th, CBN (my Advise) by ubest1(m): 10:58am On Feb 14, 2023
Bro we the one confusing ourselves, the law this they as a citizen ours is to read and understand

onidal:
Why all these confusion
Re: Old Note Ends 10th, CBN (my Advise) by holocron: 11:21am On Feb 14, 2023
You are the one confusing your self. Even the CBN has no right to abrogate the legal tender after the supreme court has sanctified it. All these are a well orchestrated programme by buhari to cause anarchy so that the Fulani controlled Nigerian Army can take over the country and implement RUGA, Islamisation, and their other agendas he could not initiate due to parliamentary opposition.

Buhari has no intention of handing over to a civilian government. Mark my words.

3 Likes

Re: Old Note Ends 10th, CBN (my Advise) by inoki247: 11:23am On Feb 14, 2023
LoL CBN just created a new Cashout avenue for people.....

People will be going to Villages, Go to City outside the capital to buy Old Notes and come to CBN office at the capital to exchange the money into dere bank account....

Like this now the Vote buying issue people will rather take the old note and resell to people buying old note....

At the end of the day na still the masses loose I no know Wu dey give CBN all this scope buh them need to kill the person asap cos no scope wey e don give CBN wey favor the masses....
Re: Old Note Ends 10th, CBN (my Advise) by Pierocash(m): 11:25am On Feb 14, 2023
holocron:
You are the one confusing your self. Even the CBN has no right to abrogate the legal tender after the supreme court has sanctified it. All these are a well orchestrated programme by buhari to cause anarchy so that the Fulani controlled Nigerian Army can take over the country and implement RUGA, Islamisation, and their other agendas he could not initiate due to parliamentary opposition.

Buhari has no intention of handing over to a civilian government. Mark my words.
stop spreading falsehood. By the time cbn sees attacks and unrest,they will issue new directive to accept it.

1 Like

Re: Old Note Ends 10th, CBN (my Advise) by yesloaded: 11:31am On Feb 14, 2023
inoki247:

People will be going to Villages, Go to City outside the capital to buy Old Notes and come to CBN office at the capital to exchange the money into dere bank account....

Like this now the Vote buying issue people will rather take the old note and resell to people buying old note....

At the end of the day na still the masses loose I no know Wu dey give CBN all this scope buh them need to kill the person asap cos no scope wey e don give CBN wey favor the masses....

Old note becomes useless this Saturday

Election is 25th

5 Likes

Re: Old Note Ends 10th, CBN (my Advise) by inoki247: 11:33am On Feb 14, 2023
yesloaded:

Old note becomes useless this Saturday

Election is 25th

LoL which Saturday u dey dream the money can still be deposited at the CBN if u people like aw the masses are suffering bkuz u feel like it will deal with some people you're dreaming...

Everybody can't be thinking like Biafrans that feels like Killing dem sef jus to get freedom....

You can open ur eyes and see that depositing at CBN office no get closing date....

So at the end of the day na still the masses loose cos people will use that method to rip people any aw....

1 Like

Re: Old Note Ends 10th, CBN (my Advise) by yesloaded: 11:35am On Feb 14, 2023
inoki247:

LoL which Saturday u dey dream the money can still be deposited at the CBN if u people like aw the masses are suffering bkuz u feel like it will deal with some people you're dreaming...

Everybody can't be thinking like Biafrans that feels like Killing dem sef jus to get freedom....

I have no business with CBN, I don't work there

It's not good to misinform the general public, that's how some people circulate fake news that put lots of people into trouble

Stop politicising everything

2 Likes

Re: Old Note Ends 10th, CBN (my Advise) by inoki247: 11:38am On Feb 14, 2023
yesloaded:

I have no business with CBN, I don't work there

It's not good to misinform the general public, that's how some people circulate fake news that put lots of people into trouble

Stop politicising everything

Nobody is politicising anything....

CBN will still accept the old note but you've to go to dere Website to fill form that's where Rippers come in dey buy Old note from u and they go fill form online and head to CBN office for claim and deposit the old money....

So like this na still d masses loose....

You people wey no dey think before u support policy's the breakfast go reach everybody....
Re: Old Note Ends 10th, CBN (my Advise) by holocron: 11:41am On Feb 14, 2023
Pierocash:
stop spreading falsehood. By the time cbn sees attacks and unrest,they will issue new directive to accept it.

Just watch.
Re: Old Note Ends 10th, CBN (my Advise) by yesloaded: 11:41am On Feb 14, 2023
inoki247:

Nobody is politicising anything....

CBN will still accept the old note but you've to go to dere Website to fill form that's where Rippers come in dey buy Old note from u and they go fill form online and head to CBN office for claim and deposit the old money....

So like this na still d masses loose....

You people wey no dey think before u support policy's the breakfast go reach everybody....

CBN portal? Stale news cos we don see the news before now

People buying old notes? It's not new because same thing happened during 90s (I doubt you were born by then)

Mind you, CBN can reject your old notes because there's T&C applied to it

The whole thing affected everyone but we need to abide by the directives of CBN and be on safer side inside of giving false hope to people or politicising everything

2 Likes

Re: Old Note Ends 10th, CBN (my Advise) by Nobody: 11:43am On Feb 14, 2023
inoki247:

You can open ur eyes and see that depositing at CBN office no get closing date....

So at the end of the day na still the masses loose cos people will use that method to rip people any aw....

So you’re still talking about Biafrans when all Nigerians have joined the Obidient train? How many igbos are even supporting Obi compared to Yorubas? So Yorubas are Biafrans too?

1 Like

Re: Old Note Ends 10th, CBN (my Advise) by inoki247: 11:46am On Feb 14, 2023
Alcatraz001:

So you’re still talking about Biafrans when all Nigerians have joined the Obidient train? How many igbos are even supporting Obi compared to Yorubas? So Yorubas are Biafrans too?

Did I mention Obi name here why're you feeling guilty...

This are the set of people that like suffering but will be telling others shey suffer no dey tire u.,. people are going through hell just to av access to dere money you're telling me to endure the suffering wey I don dey experience before nko So If Obi start dishing out this type of policy's na so u go dey tell me to endure...
Re: Old Note Ends 10th, CBN (my Advise) by inoki247: 11:49am On Feb 14, 2023
yesloaded:

CBN portal? Stale news cos we don see the news before now

People buying old notes? It's not new because same thing happened during 90s (I doubt you were born by then)

Mind you, CBN can reject your old notes because there's T&C applied to it

The whole thing affected everyone but we need to abide by the directives of CBN and be on safer side inside of giving false hope to people or politicising everything

LoL you're even contradicting ursef you said something is stale and you're still telling me mind you CBN can choose to reject it....

You think say people go dey pack the money go dere in Billion's...

LoL and people buying old notes in 90s no be this type of issues cause am

This not the first cash swap na u be kid here nd I'm sure na history dem tell u back in the days CBN designate agent will come to street with Bus and Megaphone 📣 speaking the 3 language with English also telling people to come and swap dere money for free.....
Re: Old Note Ends 10th, CBN (my Advise) by Nobody: 11:50am On Feb 14, 2023
inoki247:

Did I mention Obi name here why're you feeling guilty...

This are the set of people that like suffering but will be telling others shey suffer no dey tire u.,. people are going through hell just to av access to dere money you're telling me to endure the suffering wey I don dey experience before nko So If Obi start dishing out this type of policy's na so u go dey tell me to endure...

Endure for a while.

Election is almost here.

I’m a yoruba and I insist that Tinubu must not be allowed to buy the election.

Can’t we have a free and fair election for once?
Re: Old Note Ends 10th, CBN (my Advise) by inoki247: 11:54am On Feb 14, 2023
Alcatraz001:

Endure for a while.

Election is almost here.

I’m a yoruba and I insist that Tinubu must not be allowed to buy the election.

Can’t we have a free and fair election for once?

Mak I endure what na u suffer neva tire cos when Obi start dishing out this type of policy's you will still come and tell me to endure nd you're the one asking me if suffer no dey tire making me think with Obi suffer go finish not knowing na Suffering continue....

This vote buying theory is not working it will just give the politicians more power sef If FG is serious it won't cost dem anything to start bursting the politicians house na u people wey be kid dey reason say na bkuz of vote buying buh you're been scammed by APC buh u don't know.....
Re: Old Note Ends 10th, CBN (my Advise) by yesloaded: 11:58am On Feb 14, 2023
inoki247:

LoL you're even contradicting ursef you said something is stale and you're still telling me mind you CBN can choose to reject it....

You think say people go dey pack the money go dere in Billion's...

LoL and people buying old notes in 90s no be this type of issues cause am

This not the first cash swap na u be kid here nd I'm sure na history dem tell u back in the days CBN designate agent will come to street with Bus and Megaphone 📣 speaking the 3 language with English also telling people to come and swap dere money for free.....

Ur username don describe your type of person

Mind you, no be CBN people dey carry megaphone even some dey collect old notes in exchange of brand new shoes, clothes etc and dem go dey shout 'emi o ko konde'

Stop misleading the general public

I won't reply you again no matter whatever

Enjoy your day
Re: Old Note Ends 10th, CBN (my Advise) by inoki247: 11:59am On Feb 14, 2023
yesloaded:

Ur username don describe your type of person

Mind you, no be CBN people dey carry megaphone even some dey collect old notes in exchange of brand new shoes, clothes etc and dem go dey shout 'emi o ko konde'

Stop misleading the general public

I won't reply you again no matter whatever

Enjoy your day

If u like kill yourself we go still dey spend our old note and people will be going to CBN office to change it na u go cry just pray Say Nigeria Police no arrest u for now cos dey don't take Transfer....
Re: Old Note Ends 10th, CBN (my Advise) by Whois(m): 12:07pm On Feb 14, 2023
Ecobank Nigeria has informed their numerous customers to visit any of their branched and deposit their old notes abi na whining grin
Re: Old Note Ends 10th, CBN (my Advise) by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 12:10pm On Feb 14, 2023
inoki247:

wetin come concern biafrans and old naira note? You have exposed your low self esteem. And I am very sure you one of the children of that fallen demon called Lucifer grin
Re: Old Note Ends 10th, CBN (my Advise) by inoki247: 12:25pm On Feb 14, 2023
NimrodEndOfDays:
wetin come concern biafrans and old naira note? You have exposed your low self esteem. And I am very sure you one of the children of that fallen demon called Lucifer grin

E conern dem as the Naira scarcity no reach derr side Na Biafra Dollars dem dey spend....
Re: Old Note Ends 10th, CBN (my Advise) by MadamExcellency: 12:25pm On Feb 14, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:
Old notes still valid!

The APEX court has ruled and NOTHING can change that!

Even the CBN accepted that billions of old Naira notes are still in circulation, and making plans to pump in more new ones to retrieve old notes.

So why will they end, when that has not been fulfilled?

The judgement has nothing to do with the validity of the old legal tender but rather the duration of the swap according to the Act of National Assembly on change of currency.

1 Like

Re: Old Note Ends 10th, CBN (my Advise) by Nobody: 12:36pm On Feb 14, 2023
If you see old notes you no go happy? Come Edo state come reject old notes make dem do you something.
Re: Old Note Ends 10th, CBN (my Advise) by Minjim: 12:54pm On Feb 14, 2023
This is beyond CBN and even Supreme Court,

Old note will remain valid as long as there is scarcity of new ones.

Except they want us to go back to trade by barter.

Buhari is sitting down at Aso Rock acting like he doesn't the the time bomb he's sitting on.

They better not push us
Re: Old Note Ends 10th, CBN (my Advise) by saysoo: 1:14pm On Feb 14, 2023
inoki247:

oga read well. 17th no far before you enter motor.
Re: Old Note Ends 10th, CBN (my Advise) by Almaigaa: 1:20pm On Feb 14, 2023
holocron:

Se the way this IGBO man dey reason.

Re: Old Note Ends 10th, CBN (my Advise) by SouthSouth1914: 1:21pm On Feb 14, 2023
holocron:

I told many people this 4 years ago. Buhari’s body language has not changed an inch. When I said this, people always want to have my head!
Re: Old Note Ends 10th, CBN (my Advise) by Almaigaa: 1:23pm On Feb 14, 2023
Alcatraz001:

Nobody dey support Peter Obi. Except some few Igbo people. grin
Re: Old Note Ends 10th, CBN (my Advise) by Nobody: 1:24pm On Feb 14, 2023
Almaigaa:

Nobody dey support Peter Obi. Except some few Igbo people. grin

Ok. You people will never agree anyways.

Let the elections just come.
Re: Old Note Ends 10th, CBN (my Advise) by Alusiizizi(m): 3:05pm On Feb 14, 2023
holocron:

Supreme court has no jurisdiction over CBN, that is why the CBN was not a party in the supreme court case.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Niger Coup: It Will Be War – Burkina Faso, Mali Join Forces With Niger. / Igbos Developed Lagos; They Are The Pioneers, Heroes Of Modern Lagos – Ohanaeze / Upper Eweka Road Project done by Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.