Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,383 members, 7,781,089 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:41 AM

8yr Old Girl Beaten By An Hajia And Violated By Two Men - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 8yr Old Girl Beaten By An Hajia And Violated By Two Men (11832 Views)

Nigerian Lady Face Jail For Wrongly Accusing Two Men Of Rape / Laspotech Girl Beaten To Death By Boyfriend. / Girl Beaten By Her Boyfriend For Burning Rice :-( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

8yr Old Girl Beaten By An Hajia And Violated By Two Men by OAM4J: 11:02pm On Sep 10, 2011
Beaten by Hajia, violated by two men

She is traumatised, scared and looks hungry. She’s been abused, beaten and violated. ’NONYE BEN-NWANKWO relates the experience of eight-year old Endurance ‘Favour’ Obilor.

Her aunt, Chioma, who brought her to the commission, unwillingly and after much persuasion, agreed to tell Saturday Punch how Favour’s trauma began.

Favour’s dad, Chioma said, is her elder brother who married a ‘Calabar woman’ that abandoned her three kids and took off. Chioma, who claimed she was a petty trader in Agbara, a suburb of Lagos, said the burden of taking care of her nieces became too heavy for her to bear. As such, she had to look for help to relieve her.

Eventually, she said, her friend, Ebere, came into the scene and decided to help her. She (Ebere) took Favour to stay with her.

When Saturday Punch asked Chioma if she sought the consent of Favour’s father before giving out the child, Chioma got so angry, feeling the question was insulting.

“Why should you ask me that kind of question? He couldn’t have stopped me from giving out the child,” she exlaimed.

Anyway, Chioma said she never knew that her friend handed her niece over to another woman named ‘Hajia.’

“One day, I called my friend and asked after Favour. She told me she had to take her to one Hajia house. I asked her why she didn’t bother telling me. I asked her if this was our arrangement. I wasn’t happy. But Ebere told me not to worry, that Hajia would take care of Favour, that was when I relaxed,” she says.

Saturday Punch asked Chioma if she ever collected money from Ebere or Hajia, in exchange for Favour’s services. She said, ‘no.’

And since her friend told her Favour was in good hands, Chioma said she never bothered to go and check out the welfare of her niece.

“I thought she was okay. Ebere told me she was okay and I believed her. I didn’t go to check where she was because Ebere told me Favour was okay,” she says.

And if not for a phone call, according to her, she wouldn’t have known that her niece was in a terrible state.

“I was at home one day and somebody ‘flashed’ me. I had to call the number and the person said she was Hajia. I quickly cut off the phone. How can Hajia ‘flash’ me? She is a big woman! But later, she called me back and she was shouting and said I should come and carry Favour from the house because she wouldn’t want somebody to die in her house. I didn’t understand what she was saying. But she insisted I should come to the house, that was how I went to her house,” Chioma narrates.

Chioma said she got to the FESTAC home of ‘Hajia’ and saw somebody who looked like her niece.

“I couldn’t believe the person I saw was Favour. I saw her body and tears started rolling from my eyes. Her eyes were swollen. I asked her what happened to her and she said it was a stick. It was later that one of Hajia’s children told me Favour was lying and that it was an Aunty Akunna and an Aunty Oluchi that beat her because Favour stole sausage roll,” she says.

Chioma told Saturday Punch that she immediately called Hajia, who said she was out of town, to find out why her niece’s body had so many scars.

“When I took my niece to Ebere, she never had a single mosquito bite spot. I had to ask Hajia what happened. She said Favour’s body was like that when Ebere brought her. She insisted I should leave with Favour. She asked me to drop my account number that she was going to pay some money into it. I don’t have money let alone having an account number. So I took Favour and went home.”

Chioma said Favour’s father came to her house and took her to the hospital.

“He was the one that took Favour to the hospital. He dumped her there, and went away. I have not seen him since then,” she says.

And it was at the hospital that it was discovered that Favour had not only been physically abused, she had also been violated.

According to medical reports from Lagos State University Teaching Hospital Ikeja, Favour had stretch marks all over her body, her hymen was not seen and she had tenderness around her womanliness area, showing that she had been sexually abused.

Favour, crouching at a corner in the commission’s office, looking afraid, refused to answer the questions Saturday Punch asked her.

It wasn’t until she was eventually promised that Hajia was not coming around that she decided to open up.

“They were always beating me in the house. The last time, they beat me so bad because I ate ‘Gala’, I hadn’t eaten in the afternoon and it was late in the night, so I took the ‘Gala’ and ate it. That’s why Aunty Oluchi and Akunna started beating me,” she recalls.

According to Favour, Oluchi and Akunna are not her only worry, her main fear, Hajia, pounces on her at every opportunity.

“She will lock me inside the house and beat me. She will also tell her children to be beating me as well,” she says.

Favour, said that she never tasted dinner in the house.

“I slept at the ‘gather’ (balcony). I slept on bare floor. I only ate in the morning and afternoon. I had never eaten at night in the house. Nobody had ever bought any clothe for me. I wore Hajia’s children’s discarded clothes.”

When asked if there were males living in the house, Favour said, “Yes. Aboy and Japan stayed in the house with us.”

And the two males, according to Favour, were the ones that abused her sexually.

“Every night, they will tell me to come inside the room. They will tell me to lie on the bed and they will ‘use’ me,” she cries.

Favour said she couldn’t tell her ‘aunties’ because the guys threatened they would kill her if she told anyone.

The coordinator of the Lagos State chapter of Human Rights Commission, Mrs. Mausi Segun, said they would deal with the matter properly.

“This is a criminal offence. We are not the police, but all we know is that everybody who in one way or the other abused this child, will pay for it. Those who beat her, those who violated her and even those who handed her to Hajia as a maid will pay. She is a minor. This is child trafficking. We will certainly not allow the matter to die. You can take that from us,” Segun said.

At the FESTAC home of Hajia, her neighbours confirmed that Favour was a terribly abused kid.

According to them, the child was always crying and her cries could be heard across the street.

“They will beat her morning, afternoon and night. The other day, one of them living in that house claimed Favour turned into a witch. But we knew it is a lie,” he said.

Another neighbour claimed Favour was treated in a better manner whenever Hajia’s husband was around.

“Her husband is always travelling. But whenever he is in town, they don’t beat Favour. We don’t hear her cries anymore,” she added.

Meanwhile, Aboy and Japan, who Favour claimed abused her, are still living in the house and yet to be arrested.

In her reaction, Hajia Ukaegbu said, “My dear, please I cannot talk now. I am somewhere. I will call you back later.”

Some minutes later, a male voice who identified himself as Hajia’s husband called Saturday Punch and demanded to know the reason the correspondent called.

When Saturday Punch explained briefly the reason for the call, the obviously irritated voice said, “You can call the police and get answers to what you are asking. The matter is with the police. The matter is with the Senate Committee on Police Matters. I must tell you that all those policemen who handled the matter so far are going to be sacked. You had better be careful with what you write. I have told you now. You had better be careful because I will sue you and sue your newspaper house.”

Much later, apparently wanting to exonerate herself from the tale, Hajia called Saturday Punch to react to the story.

According to her, Chioma, is a criminal and a blackmailer who wanted to extort money from her through all means.

Hajia claimed she had paid Chioma money many times, said she was surprised Chioma would deny ever getting a dime from her.

And as for Favour and the beatings, Ukaegbu swore that she never beat the child.

“The girl was staying at Okokomaiko before she was brought to my house. All those marks were on her body before she was brought to my house. I drive two jeeps. I am a successful business woman. I am not inhuman. I couldn’t have beaten the girl up like that despite the fact that Favour is a very bad girl. She steals a lot. The other day, she went to one school and she stole. I had been begging Chioma to come and take the child away from my house but nobody saw her,” Ukaegbu said.

On the issue of violation, Ukaegbu said there was no way anybody in her house would have abused Favour?

“Forget the medical reports you said you have. Anybody can go to any length to get a medical report if they want to incriminate somebody. Chioma told Favour to say she was violated. If she was violated, how come the police threw the matter away? Why didn’t the police arrest the boys? They know Favour is lying and that she was told to say she was violated. The Japan she is talking about is a big man. I have more than four big girls in my house. How come Japan didn’t violation any of them but Favour.

“How can she say Aboy violated her? Aboy is my husband’s nephew. He just came to the house two weeks ago. He doesn’t even live with us. How can Favour say Aboy violated her? Anybody that wants to write any story should be concerned about the truth. I have trained so many people in my life. I wonder why I should have a problem when all I wanted to do was to help Favour who the aunt claimed her father abandoned?” she said.

Public Relations Officer, The Lagos State Police PRO, Samuel Jinadu, claimed he wasn’t aware Favour was violated.

“It wasn’t reported that she was violated. I will find out the details and get back to you,” Jinadu said.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201109102555659
Re: 8yr Old Girl Beaten By An Hajia And Violated By Two Men by OAM4J: 11:02pm On Sep 10, 2011
This is wickedness and totally unfair. sad angry

1 Like

Re: 8yr Old Girl Beaten By An Hajia And Violated By Two Men by ektbear: 11:12pm On Sep 10, 2011
Jesu cry cry cry
Re: 8yr Old Girl Beaten By An Hajia And Violated By Two Men by OAM4J: 11:16pm On Sep 10, 2011
And why has Police not arrested any one? Is it because the accused are influential and have connection with some top Government officials as claimed by Hajia's husband?

This makes me fee real sick and angry? This crime must be punished!
Re: 8yr Old Girl Beaten By An Hajia And Violated By Two Men by seedord247(m): 11:18pm On Sep 10, 2011
The woman and those boyz should be buried alive
Re: 8yr Old Girl Beaten By An Hajia And Violated By Two Men by aloyemeka1: 11:30pm On Sep 10, 2011
Too many he said, she said in this story. The picture may have been photoshopped because it is highly unlikely that a woman can beat a child like this. If hadjia wounded her with spoon or poured hot water on her, I may believe the story but merciless flogging and battering is not a female MO. Her family may be using their squabble with hadjia to attract media attention.
Re: 8yr Old Girl Beaten By An Hajia And Violated By Two Men by happy4eva: 11:31pm On Sep 10, 2011
Everybody involved should not go unpunished, they are bunch of wicked souls who are suppose to rotten in HELL, as for the husband i can assure him that his highly placed contacts will fail him and drag him into deep shits, his wicked wife has dogged for him to be buried, Pls people dont let this beast kill this case without there devilish contacts
Re: 8yr Old Girl Beaten By An Hajia And Violated By Two Men by pleep(m): 11:34pm On Sep 10, 2011
The only reason he does it is because you guys react so strongly. If u don't like what he says just ignore it and it will go away. simple
Re: 8yr Old Girl Beaten By An Hajia And Violated By Two Men by sley4life(m): 11:38pm On Sep 10, 2011
ooh D A M N. All culprits should be jailed
Re: 8yr Old Girl Beaten By An Hajia And Violated By Two Men by claremont(m): 11:39pm On Sep 10, 2011
As despicable as the story sounds, it will be foolhardy for us to cast judgment on the basis of a newspaper report. No one knows which side of this story to believe; hence, common sense and caution should be exercised when making our comments. The onus rests on the police and the judiciary to get to the bottom of this, and bring the culprits to book. Nothing surprises me in Nigeria any more, anything and everything can happen in that country.
Re: 8yr Old Girl Beaten By An Hajia And Violated By Two Men by emofine(f): 11:41pm On Sep 10, 2011
OAM4J:

This is wickedness and totally unfair. sad angry

Indeed. Very sickening and animalistic behaviour, I am thoroughly disgusted (smh).
Re: 8yr Old Girl Beaten By An Hajia And Violated By Two Men by WackyJ1(m): 11:41pm On Sep 10, 2011
claremont:

As despicable as the story sounds, it will be foolhardy for us to cast judgment on the basis of a newspaper report. No one knows which side of this story to believe; hence, common sense and caution should be exercised when making our comments. The onus rests on the police and the judiciary to get to the bottom of this, and bring the culprits to book. Nothing surprises me in Nigeria any more, anything and everything can happen in that country.
^^^ see what you're saying. Mtchewww.
Everybody is just lying and soon this matter will just be buried like that, 
It's a pity.
Re: 8yr Old Girl Beaten By An Hajia And Violated By Two Men by BABE3: 11:42pm On Sep 10, 2011
She's Eight Gaddamit!! Ogini? I know "Life is unfair" but this is just Ridiculous. Total BS! Sick Ba[i]st[/i]ards.
Re: 8yr Old Girl Beaten By An Hajia And Violated By Two Men by mallorca(m): 11:54pm On Sep 10, 2011
wicked generation
Re: 8yr Old Girl Beaten By An Hajia And Violated By Two Men by Cipriani(m): 12:01am On Sep 11, 2011
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry  The world has finally gone gaga. i just pity the poor girl who suffers it all. Father, Chioma, Hajia and the rest will just be having a good life while the girl suffers alone.  

sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: 8yr Old Girl Beaten By An Hajia And Violated By Two Men by msifemi(m): 12:05am On Sep 11, 2011
shockedmay God purnish those people,
Re: 8yr Old Girl Beaten By An Hajia And Violated By Two Men by Nobody: 12:10am On Sep 11, 2011
Some ppl are mentally unstable in this NL sha
Re: 8yr Old Girl Beaten By An Hajia And Violated By Two Men by kemmeye: 12:10am On Sep 11, 2011
i think everyone in that house should be arrested until the truth comes out. This is bullcrap and for crying out loud she's just 8, wow some people are just evil.
Re: 8yr Old Girl Beaten By An Hajia And Violated By Two Men by kemmeye: 12:12am On Sep 11, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

true. its reli unbelievable what some people say
Re: 8yr Old Girl Beaten By An Hajia And Violated By Two Men by razznaija(f): 12:30am On Sep 11, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

i second that.
Re: 8yr Old Girl Beaten By An Hajia And Violated By Two Men by SisiKill1: 12:33am On Sep 11, 2011
An 8yrs old blackmailing a woman? Are they insane. . .do they really expect us to believe that and what in sam hill does owning a fccking jeep or two have to do with anything? Some people deserve to be hung, drawn and quartered. . .She is 8yrs old for heavens sake!!

The police dropping the case is no indication of innocence, it only reiterates the point that in Naija. . .Money talks, Bullshite walks!!
Re: 8yr Old Girl Beaten By An Hajia And Violated By Two Men by 3kay945(m): 12:43am On Sep 11, 2011
I pity the girl, why wont she steal when hunger wan kill em?
Re: 8yr Old Girl Beaten By An Hajia And Violated By Two Men by duduspace(m): 12:56am On Sep 11, 2011
Horrible and very wicked.
Re: 8yr Old Girl Beaten By An Hajia And Violated By Two Men by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:25am On Sep 11, 2011
This is what happens when bastards that have no business having kids they can't love and take care of, go on to multiply like rats. It's likely the little girl isn't lying, and those two peodophiles, the girls father and the women that gave her away like a piece of cheap unwanted property should be held to account for their actions, even if they have to panel-beat the truth out of them.

If this matter isn't kept in the spotlight, you can bet anything it will quietly be forgotten as people get 'settled'. After all, this is Nigeria where a poor, violated little girl like Favour has NO VOICE and is seen as an irritant to all she has had the misfortune to meet thus far.

Sad.
Re: 8yr Old Girl Beaten By An Hajia And Violated By Two Men by Outstrip(f): 1:27am On Sep 11, 2011
They need to start prosecuting parents that do not protect their children. Her mother should pay for this since she chose to abandon her. The father might not have known that the kids where no longer with the mother based on what her aunty said. Still the father should pay up. People should not just keep having kids and leave them to be treated like animals by total strangers. Look how many hands this child passed through. they were just moving her from one home to the other like tupperware
Re: 8yr Old Girl Beaten By An Hajia And Violated By Two Men by stunna2(m): 2:34am On Sep 11, 2011
fagamite:

No one in my family is that young.  That said, I will like to do that to your daughter and mother together.Those who know me call me  "eshin kutupa." [b]I will ride your daughter and sister and mother till they can walk no more.[/b] Truss me!

ur name seems to suggest that u r gay, so i doubt that u ride any girls or woman and its also obvious from how hard u tryna convince urself that u do as a matter of fact ride  women!! naa!

You said :Truss me"! at the end of ur response above, right! did u use that word by mistake or not?? was it a Freudian slip??

well, read this"

Truss:TheFreeDictionary

1. (sometimes foll by up) to tie, bind, or bundle to truss up a prisoner
2. (Cookery) to fasten or bind the wings and legs of (a fowl) before cooking to keep them in place (so, r u a chicken, u sound like one!!

2. truss - secure with or as if with ropes; "tie down the prisoners"; "tie up the old newspapers and bring them to the recycling shed"
tie down, tie up, bind
chain up - tie up with chains; "chain up the prisoners"
(again u sound like u need to be in prison since that is where u belong to, !!)
gay up, fagot, gay-got - bind or tie up in or as if in a gay; "gay-got up the sticks" ( im sure u know the meaning of this word gay-got?? well u should as anyone who see ur name can quickly realized it's derivative from this word since u call urself gay-a-mite as in sodomite!)
gay, fagot - fasten together rods of iron in order to heat or weld them

again u u r trying too hard to convince urself that u Bleep women, and looking at ur choice of words and names, u r too g a y!! and ur language even shows that u hate women!! fooooooooooooool!!!

what do u have to say now
Re: 8yr Old Girl Beaten By An Hajia And Violated By Two Men by CyberG: 2:39am On Sep 11, 2011
Useless things only happen in a useless country like Nigeria. Meanwhile, all the tribalistic fools in Nigeria and NL
are bragging about their useless tribal superiority while poverty and idleness kills the majority of them.
Re: 8yr Old Girl Beaten By An Hajia And Violated By Two Men by stunna2(m): 2:46am On Sep 11, 2011
once this people have gone tottally free with this crime, they will start boasting how good life is in nigeria and wonder why those of us overseas dont pack our stuff and come home and join them in their wicked ways and thinks something is wrong with us if we refuse!!

she is talking about her Jeeps, for goodness sake!! fu.ckin' bastards

it is the response of some people here that is even more shocking, ! mstcheewww
Re: 8yr Old Girl Beaten By An Hajia And Violated By Two Men by toyemz(f): 6:05am On Sep 11, 2011
nemesis has a funny way of catching up
i just hope it comes to all those wicked people very soon
Re: 8yr Old Girl Beaten By An Hajia And Violated By Two Men by afrika(f): 6:46am On Sep 11, 2011
the painful side of this story is that, we won't hear or read the outcome of this tale tale again. all those promises , '.talk no fit cook rice'

as for s t u p i d parents that would keep bearing too many children that they cannot catter for, its unfortunate. the father has his own punishment n reward in heaven/hell.

as for d aunty chioma; he reward / punishment may be instill in her future children. so let her be still and watch.

for the f o o l i s h ibo woman called hajia, u cant cheat nature. you may use money to sort yourself from our hungry police men as he claimed he has never been around before. see yoruba man and his cunny lies.

the husband is a f o o l, we know that, no doubt.

the aboy and japan, hope they would arrest them as promised. but no how, they would reap what they have sown.

hajia's children, , no problem with that; hope all would be meaningful in life as that poor gurl would never forgive them in heart even if they be rich, they would be seeking for, and would never get.

no baba lawo can reverse it. its God's word
Re: 8yr Old Girl Beaten By An Hajia And Violated By Two Men by KDULAR: 6:57am On Sep 11, 2011
On the average in Nigeria we don't known the law and or we don't appreciate the process. Right from the aunty that gave the girl away to the Hajia has something to answer.
We should not presume guilty until declared and this sotr of sentiments in most cases prejudices findings of investigations.
We hardly do the proper and safe things when dealing on some issues. Even if thwe girl was brought with marks , the Hajiaa should have known betterand keep acopy of which is thumb printed( at the least ) by a witness in order to be on the safe side.
From whoever and for whatever the reason,this is wicked and and evil and should not be tolerated , all the WOMEN INVOLVED SHOULD ALL BE PUNISHED . angry angry angry angry
Re: 8yr Old Girl Beaten By An Hajia And Violated By Two Men by ypad: 7:04am On Sep 11, 2011
My follow Nigerians lets us not sit down and watch this wicked acts sweep under the carpet by Nigeria Police. we know how corrupt they are. I am calling on all who belong to any organisation that protect the right of human to stand and fight for this little poor minor. All journalist in this forum should go ahead and investigate on this matter. If there is any AIT, NTA, CNN, Aljazeera, Chanel, NN24 staffs etc. in this forum please they should help this minor investigate and air it. the lawyers in this forum please come out and fight for this minor, bring all involved to justice.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vandals Destroy NNPC Pipeline In Lagos, Fire Explosion Averted / 56 Suspected Robbers, Cultists Arrested In Lagos / Police Reunite Mother & Daughter Two Years After She Was Forcefully Taken Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.