Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? (18225 Views)

Today Is Valentine!! What Will You Surprise Your Partner With / "Every Man Nowadays Wants Sex On The First Day" - A Beautiful Lady Cries Out / Why Is Valentine Always Associated With Sex?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by CodeTemplar: 12:52pm On Feb 14, 2023
According to Britannica, Valentine's Day, also called St. Valentine's Day, holiday (February 14) is a day when lovers express their affection with greetings and gifts.

lovers express love with gift and greetings.
Why is it a one sided affair with Nigerians? Hardly will your see ladies giving gift and when they do, it is more likely to be inferior in value to what they expect and demand.

123 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by Qatar2022: 12:58pm On Feb 14, 2023
Nigerian girls are selfish, all they think about is themselves only

233 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by Jamest162: 1:04pm On Feb 14, 2023
i still don't understand the mentality Nigerian girls have. They love receiving all the time.

142 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by PerfectStranger(m): 1:18pm On Feb 14, 2023
Una don start grin

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by StrongAlphMale: 2:33pm On Feb 14, 2023
Only a Fool would waste his time dating a Nigerian girl.

You should bang them, dump them and move on.

121 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by CaptainStephen(m): 2:52pm On Feb 14, 2023
You are all just broke and young. grin

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by CodeTemplar: 5:56pm On Feb 14, 2023
CaptainStephen:
You are all just broke and young. grin
That isn't the issue here. Even if we are all just broke and young as your said, why should two people who truly love themselves leave the responsibility of showing love to one party always.

The idea of a man being a provider was inspired by the Holy bible and was for his household or immediate family.
The love of money and social pattern of ladies being approached has slowly allowed greed to creep into romantic relationships.

144 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by CodeTemplar: 5:57pm On Feb 14, 2023
PerfectStranger:
Una don start grin
...but the question is based on reality now.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by Solocoin: 6:04pm On Feb 14, 2023
They scam us the men 😁😁😁 we were not well informed 😁

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by CaptainStephen(m): 6:22pm On Feb 14, 2023
CodeTemplar:
That isn't the issue here. Even if we are all just broke and young as your said, why should two people who truly love themselves leave the responsibility of showing love to one party always.

The idea of a man being a provider was inspired by the Holy bible and was for his household or immediate family.
The love of money and social pattern of ladies being approached has slowly allowed greed to creep into romantic relationships.
like I said, you all being broke and young is a summative assessment.

Broke for obvious reasons and young in age, mindset and exposure. I never had to nurge my wife to reciprocate in giving and etc even when we were dating.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by meobizy(f): 6:28pm On Feb 14, 2023
For Africa’s biggest forum, this place lacks creativity. Na Reddit sure pass.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by Offpoint1: 6:28pm On Feb 14, 2023
Lol, seems you're just waking up to the realization women weren't genetically designed to be givers.

The western society some how found a way to altered and reprogrammed their women from their natural genetic traits/psyche, while our black women are still exhibiting their natural traits.

A woman will always be an EXPECTANT, they lack the natural ability to give... those who tried to give do so solemnly with an higher expectations in returns... More like an investment scheme.

I wouldn't want to talk about "LOVE" because that word itself is an ILLUSION.

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by Pandev(m): 6:29pm On Feb 14, 2023
Because some Nigeria men refuse to receive sense.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by Brendaniel: 6:30pm On Feb 14, 2023
That is why men should be very careful

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by Assassink: 6:30pm On Feb 14, 2023
I can only give gift to my wife and sisters not these hungry bitches we have down here

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by PotatoSalad(m): 6:30pm On Feb 14, 2023
StrongAlphMale:
Only a Fool would waste his time dating a Nigerian girl.

You should bang them, dump them and move on.
If dem do am to your sisters, you go draw bottle. Ezi ofia

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by Goodlady(f): 6:30pm On Feb 14, 2023
Ask your fellow men

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by Pandev(m): 6:31pm On Feb 14, 2023
CaptainStephen:
like I said, you all being broke and young is a summative assessment.

Broke for obvious reasons and young in age, mindset and exposure. I never had to nurge my wife to reciprocate in giving and etc even when we were dating.
who is this one forming woke? undecided

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by Reelmii: 6:31pm On Feb 14, 2023
Because.........i dont even know why
Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by Jones4190(m): 6:31pm On Feb 14, 2023
Everywhere don silent, una don dey knack

8 Likes

Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by CalabarPikin: 6:31pm On Feb 14, 2023
Reason I don't give a fu(k about the day

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by GreatAchiever1: 6:31pm On Feb 14, 2023
Both men and women have lost the true meaning of what it is to love.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by parkervero(m): 6:33pm On Feb 14, 2023
I don't have a girlfriend to know this

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by SenatePresdo(m): 6:33pm On Feb 14, 2023
Because,

"Nigerian girls are useless.... all of them"
_ Mosdii 2020.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Feb 14, 2023
pansophist:
Of course, I know. I have always said earlier that what Africans considered independence was a transition of the old method of exploitation (colonialism), to a new, self-sustaining, sophisticated method of permanent subjugation (imperialism). They replace the white colonial faces with black faces, whom they promise all the support and will ignore all their crimes if they continue sustaining all their exploitative structures that were built in the colonial era. So as countries were getting their so-called independence, they were ushered into western imperialistic ecosystems. So they became a member of the UN, and ICC, must use the dollar, imposed educational systems, their corporations coming in to control their resources, (eg Shell and Nigeria oil), and so on. In simple terms, think of how a butcher moves the cows from the farm to the slaughterhouse. In the cow's mind, he is free from the enclosed farm, but the slaughterhouse though modern and shiny with machines is worse than where they were coming from. You see the way the US froze billions of dollars of Afghanistan's foreign reserves, and as they did with Russia as well, that's exactly the fate that awaits any country that tries to pull off their imperialistic eco-system. While we are busy fighting each other like idiots, they are up there designing sophisticated systems to keep others down, and themselves on top. And this world order must go, or else, the global south will never develop. China refused to be part of that system, now look at them. Iran refused and was sanctioned to death, but they still thrive and built their own planes and so forth. Until we leave western dependence and walk our own part, no magic Peter Obi will perform. It's like putting a pilot in a ship, it can't do anything with it. How can the world be democratic when less than 15% of the world population (the west) controls everything? if this is not authoritarianism, then what is authoritarianism? But I always take responsibility, so I won't blame them much, I blame our ancestors for letting this degrade this badly, and makes it harder for current and future generation to solve. The rot is too much.

pansophist:
Josep Borell is a racist piece of shit. Sadly, this scum is a top EU politician, and calling the non-western countries jungle is a reincarnation of the mindset that led to colonialism and slavery pro-max. He still sees the world from a colonial lens, but his arrogance is needed since that's how he can cope in a changing world that is increasingly becoming multi-polar and catching up. From 1991 to 2022, something that has never happened before in the history of the world happened, that thing is called unipolarism. After the collapse of the soviet union in 1991, China was dirt poor, imperial Japan has been defeated and occupied, the same with nazi Germany, India still recovering from British colonialism, Iran was in deep soup, and Africa was too backward to even be noticed. The west, especially the US was the largest economy, and the strongest military power holds the world's reserved currency and enjoys an unparalleled political, economical, military, and soft power globally. The US was so strong that when it coughs, the world shivered. And then they showed themselves. Then the global bombing tour started, from Iraq to Syria, Venezuela to Yugoslavia, and Libya to Iran, to name a few. Meanwhile, the Chinese who have suffered what they called a ''century of humiliation'' was in the background bidding their time, getting stronger, and building themselves up. The Chinese who lost territories the size of Nigeria x4, an empire nation that was torn apart by foreign powers, and saw what awaits you when you are weak, said to themselves, NEVER AGAIN. Putin was then a KGB agent in Germany, young and smart, but silent and working his way up into the Kremlin. He witnessed how countries that used to be part of Russia have now become sworn enemies of Russia, and he dreamt of a stronger, independent, and sovereign Russia that occupies its rightful place on the international stage. And February, 24th of 2022 will be remembered as the date when the world becomes clearly multipolar, after thirty years of failed unipolarism. The world has clearly understood the kind of monster the west is, and how they dream of a world where everyone is down, and only them up. Now, the way the international stage is set up, other stronger countries are now a deterrent, and they will never allow themselves to be weak again. NEVER. It will not happen very fast, but the complete breakdown of western hegemony will happen faster than the time it took to build it. Destruction is faster than building, and destroying evil is even faster, especially when the destroyers are the victims of the very evil. I know the Russia-China alliances are cooking something, I suspect that they have set traps that will render all western imperialistic ecosystems useless. From my calculations, the more the west throws out a country from its imperialistic systems, an alternative will be invented that will make that system useless. So for example, they threw Russia out of swift, but Russia created SPFS which they used to carry financial transactions between themselves and other countries. If they threw China out of the UN for example, then a new UN that is fair will be invented, rendering the western controlled system useless. If you refuse to sell your tech, buy our oil, or ban us from visiting your countries (as they did with Russians), you will kill your industry and other regions will benefit financially from your market loss. One thing that kills a monopoly is competition, especially competent competition. We live in very interesting times. Brace up, shit might get really bad before it gets better. Sha have proper wealth, not fiat money only, which can collapse. Have farmland, a water well, and livestock/poultry, these will keep you alive, not chains, iPhones, and paper money. Your survival is in your hands, not the government. Be vigilant, and use the internet to learn real stuff and how the world works, not just for social media and entertainment.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by Clicked: 6:34pm On Feb 14, 2023
CodeTemplar:
According to Britannica, Valentine's Day, also called St. Valentine's Day, holiday (February 14) is a day when lovers express their affection with greetings and gifts.

Why is it a one sided affair with Nigerians? Hardly will your see ladies giving gift and when they do, it is more likely to be inferior in value to what they expect and demand.

Because you are surrounded by broke people, the broke men are dating broke women.

In my office today, both men and women got val's day gifts, married and unmarried. My friends too gave gifts to their boyfriends. So change your circle and you'll see that it's not such a one-sided affair like you think.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by Thomasankara(m): 6:34pm On Feb 14, 2023
grin cheesy grin[/color] everything about Nigeria needs overhauling[color=#770077]
CodeTemplar:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ikebe Super! Nstagram Model Claiming To Have The ‘biggest Butt’ (photos) / Straight Talk: Just For Men : Advice Women On Anything / Since I Met Her, I 've Been Having Bad Luck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.