Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

Poll Shows That Britons Will Rather Have Internet Connection To Drinking Water - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Poll Shows That Britons Will Rather Have Internet Connection To Drinking Water (728 Views)

Britain To Strip Terrorist Britons Of Passport / Americans And Britons Part Of Attackers At WestGate-kenya / Mc Cain, Closes Up, New Fox Poll To Poll Shows 47:44; Obama Lead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Poll Shows That Britons Will Rather Have Internet Connection To Drinking Water by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 12, 2011
A study by London's Science Museum has revealed how more people in Britain say they would rather do without flushing toilets than Facebook.

The surprising results come from a survey conducted by One Poll on behalf of the Science Museum, reports the Daily Mail. Three thousand adults responded to the survey, and overwhelmingly, the one thing Britons said they could not live without was sunshine, a nod to the infamous British weather.

The thirst to be connected pushed having an Internet connection to second place, coming in above clean drinking water, which was third. Also cool to the British were fridges, which came in fourth.

Facebook took the fifth spot, ahead of flushing toilets at No 9.

http://www.gidilinks.com/2011/09/britons-will-rather-have-internet.html
Re: Poll Shows That Britons Will Rather Have Internet Connection To Drinking Water by JeSoul(f): 3:24pm On Sep 12, 2011
I'd like to know what was the average age of the 'adults' surveyed? and where was the survey conducted?

You would get very different results if you surveyed 'adults' working in a hospital vs those working in the mall or a coffee shop.
Re: Poll Shows That Britons Will Rather Have Internet Connection To Drinking Water by preselect(m): 4:07am On Sep 13, 2011
I think those polled have no idea what life is like without available water. They've had water all their life. And it's not an issue for them.

Just like very young Americans who have never been to a battle field fantasizing about being a war hero after watching rambo grin on tv

(1) (Reply)

Protesters In Vietnam Set Thierselves Ablaze / Illuminati And The American Governtment Is Real / What Do I Tell My Black Child If Obama Loses?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.