Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,245 members, 7,807,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:02 PM

Rivers Traditional Council Pledges Support For Wike’s Preferred Candidates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Traditional Council Pledges Support For Wike’s Preferred Candidates (14355 Views)

I Have No Preferred Candidates For Senate Presidency - Tinubu / Disquiet In PDP Over Wike’s ‘preferred Candidate’ Remarks / Oyigbo Massacre: I Withdraw My Support For Wike - Asiegbu Nnaji, PDP Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Traditional Council Pledges Support For Wike’s Preferred Candidates by blamingthedevil: 12:38am On Feb 21, 2023
The monarchs also cautioned politicians in the state against violent activities, warning that no political position is worth the blood of anyone in the state.

Five days to the highly anticipated presidential election, the Rivers State Council of Traditional Rulers have expressed their support for the preferred candidates of Governor Nyesom Wike.

The monarchs also cautioned politicians in the state against violent activities, warning that no political position is worth the blood of anyone in the state.

The position of the traditional rulers was contained in an address by their chairman, King Dandeson Douglass Jaja of Opobo at their 114th quarterly meeting attended by the governor in Port Harcourt on Monday.

Besides Wike, a regular visitor, also in attendance were his deputy, Ipalibo Harry-Banigo; and the Rivers State governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Siminialayi Fubara.

The monarchs expressed their main concern being the peace of the state after the February and March elections, as they pledged their support for Wike’s preferred candidates.

Wike, addressing the council perhaps for the last time as governor, appreciated the contributions of the traditional rulers to the peace and development of the state.

He however stressed the need for the continuation of his policies, presenting the PDP governorship candidate as his choice for the best qualified to sustain his vision for the state.

Although tradition rulers are supposed to be apolitical, Wike wants them to be firm in their decision for the growth of the state.
https://www.channelstv.com/2023/02/20/rivers-traditional-council-pledges-support-for-wikes-preferred-candidates/

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rivers Traditional Council Pledges Support For Wike’s Preferred Candidates by Urheadmaster(m): 12:39am On Feb 21, 2023
tongue

Just a misplaced endorsement for the only sleeping presidential candidate worldwide tongue

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rivers Traditional Council Pledges Support For Wike’s Preferred Candidates by Nonny95: 12:40am On Feb 21, 2023
Tinubu's Supporters and senselessness.

You are not even from Rivers State, and you are banking on imaginary votes for your Tinubu.

Rivers State is 100% Obidient and you guys will get the result on Saturday.

It's not by noise, below is my PVC

94 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Rivers Traditional Council Pledges Support For Wike’s Preferred Candidates by Nobody: 12:42am On Feb 21, 2023
🐖🐗🐷 will be so hurt and pained!

They think the South-South play politics of hate!

Why SS still has 99% chance of still ruling Nigeria before an Igbo man.

The SS has emancipated and only rooting for what will benefit their region! They don’t insult other tribes and are welcoming to strangers!

Go to Rivers and Bayelsa and see how our Southern brothers welcome other tribes!

Unlike our 🐷🐗🐖 with “OUR LAND” mentality! Any little thing, they start screaming “OUR LAND”

71 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Rivers Traditional Council Pledges Support For Wike’s Preferred Candidates by Nonny95: 12:44am On Feb 21, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:
🐖🐗🐷 will be so hurt and pained!

They think the South-South play politics of hate!

Dear Urchin,

Obi is a household name in Rivers State, I just hope you guys don't call us Drunkards again after 25th. The message will be so loud!!

Modified: We are not brothers with Yoruba's stop attaching yourself to us.

75 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Rivers Traditional Council Pledges Support For Wike’s Preferred Candidates by Nobody: 12:45am On Feb 21, 2023
Nonny95:

Dear Urchin,

Obi is a household name in Rivers State, I just hope you guys don't call us Drunkards again after 25th. The message will be so loud!!

It’s easy to compose gibberish online. Reality will humble you in days time.

56 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Rivers Traditional Council Pledges Support For Wike’s Preferred Candidates by Felabrity: 12:49am On Feb 21, 2023
Tinubu money must reach everybody

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Traditional Council Pledges Support For Wike’s Preferred Candidates by Nonny95: 12:49am On Feb 21, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:

It’s easy to compose gibberish online. Reality will humble you in days time.

Lmao. No be by noise!!

Atleast I am from Rivers, and I am voting here as well. You that's in Ogbomosho is the one saying gibberish.

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Rivers Traditional Council Pledges Support For Wike’s Preferred Candidates by Is04970: 12:50am On Feb 21, 2023
God bless River state traditional leaders

God Bless Nigeria
God bless Tinubu
God bless Buhari
God bless me
God bless you

36 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Rivers Traditional Council Pledges Support For Wike’s Preferred Candidates by Nobody: 12:52am On Feb 21, 2023
Is04970:

God Bless Nigeria
God bless Tinubu
God bless Buhari
God bless me

God bless your Mother!

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Rivers Traditional Council Pledges Support For Wike’s Preferred Candidates by oyin44: 1:15am On Feb 21, 2023
Nonny95:

Lmao. No be by noise!!

Atleast I am from Rivers, and I am voting here as well. You that's in Ogbomosho is the one saying gibberish.

I am from river state too l am voting tinubu

Propaganda won't help obi at the polls

43 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Rivers Traditional Council Pledges Support For Wike’s Preferred Candidates by oyin44: 1:15am On Feb 21, 2023
Is04970:

God Bless Nigeria
God bless Tinubu
God bless Buhari
God bless me

God bless you too

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rivers Traditional Council Pledges Support For Wike’s Preferred Candidates by Tinubuwins2023e: 1:23am On Feb 21, 2023
Ipob miscreants will be in serious irredeemable pains right now

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rivers Traditional Council Pledges Support For Wike’s Preferred Candidates by YungMillionaire: 1:24am On Feb 21, 2023
Obi ti lule

Ama dibo ama wole

Jagaban shi ne gaba

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rivers Traditional Council Pledges Support For Wike’s Preferred Candidates by Penguin2: 1:58am On Feb 21, 2023
blamingthedevil:
Rivers Traditional Council Pledges Support For Wike’s Preferred Candidates

https://twitter.com/channelstv/status/1627729382486773773

The report said they are pledging support for Wike’s preferred candidate.

No where was Tinubu mentioned.

It’s either Wike is a coward or too ashamed of his choice to announce it to the world.

The fear of Obidients is the beginning of wisdom in Rivers State.

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Rivers Traditional Council Pledges Support For Wike’s Preferred Candidates by PoloG: 1:59am On Feb 21, 2023
Nonny95:

Lmao. No be by noise!!

i am from rivers and tinubu has my vote cool

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rivers Traditional Council Pledges Support For Wike’s Preferred Candidates by Penguin2: 2:00am On Feb 21, 2023
oyin44:

I am from river state too l am voting tinubu

Propaganda won't help obi at the polls

Oyindamola is now from Rivers States🤣🤣🤣.

Say hello to your Ogbomoso egbons for me jare!

Saturday no far again

31 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Rivers Traditional Council Pledges Support For Wike’s Preferred Candidates by kingsways: 2:01am On Feb 21, 2023
Wike's preferred candidate is NOT Tinubu

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Traditional Council Pledges Support For Wike’s Preferred Candidates by Zelenskyy(m): 2:07am On Feb 21, 2023
And if they refuse to support the governor's preferred candidate...

He has threatened to dethrone them...

So they will all come out to say that they support the governor's preferred candidate and at the end...

Collect Ghana must Go of New Naira notes..

A win win situation for the "Royal Fathers" , who will still go back to their domain and tell their subjects to vote for their preferred candidates

Wike is such a bad loser

5 Likes

Re: Rivers Traditional Council Pledges Support For Wike’s Preferred Candidates by Hopium: 2:11am On Feb 21, 2023
How many dem dey, why we no go win dem, how many dem cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Traditional Council Pledges Support For Wike’s Preferred Candidates by kozmokaz(m): 2:16am On Feb 21, 2023
Wike preferred candidate wey em no wan mention

Well I dont like drop breaking news from the inside but let’s wait till Saturday 😂

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Traditional Council Pledges Support For Wike’s Preferred Candidates by famology(m): 2:16am On Feb 21, 2023
Nonny95:
Tinubu's Supporters and senselessness.

You are not even a from Rivers State, and you are banking on imaginary votes for your Tinubu.

Rivers State is 1000% and you guys will get the result on Saturday.

It's not by noise, below is my PVC

Why are you crying?
So you're the only one with PVC in Rivers State right? Una go cry blood by weekend

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rivers Traditional Council Pledges Support For Wike’s Preferred Candidates by famology(m): 2:16am On Feb 21, 2023
Wike the Don!
Zombiediots can cry blood

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Traditional Council Pledges Support For Wike’s Preferred Candidates by Tflex01: 2:19am On Feb 21, 2023
Jagaban lokan.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Traditional Council Pledges Support For Wike’s Preferred Candidates by Nobody: 2:24am On Feb 21, 2023
famology:
Wike the Don!
Zombiediots can cry blood

My Neighbour just committed suicide after going through this thread. We just read from the note he wrote that, he could not bare the pain of Asiwaju becoming president and that, it has dawned on him that Asiwaju will win.

He even extended his congratulatory message to Asiwaju before taking his life.

I believe it will make front page tomorrow.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers Traditional Council Pledges Support For Wike’s Preferred Candidates by ResidentSnitch(f): 2:24am On Feb 21, 2023
These ones wan couple the Druggie's money sharp sharp before Saturday.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Traditional Council Pledges Support For Wike’s Preferred Candidates by CallmeTrinity: 4:13am On Feb 21, 2023
ITS A LIE. COME TO RIVERS AND SEE WHATS HAPPENING, WIKE IS IN TROUBLE SINCE ANNOUNCING HIS TINUBU PREFERENCE. FUBABRA IS DRAWING BACK FROM WIKE BECAUSE HE DOESN'T TO DESTROY HIS POLITICAL AMBITION.

FUBARA IS REGRETTING WORKING WITH WIKE .

WIKE HAS DESTROYED SIMS CHANCES WITH THAT ANNOUNCEMENT..
WIKE WAS.SO SELFISH TO ANNOUNCE TIMUBU WITHOUT CONSIDERING HOW IT WOULD AFFECT SIM

RIVERS WILL NEVER EVER VOTE FOR TINUBU

THE PEOPLE ARE ALL DSYING THE SAMETHING, WIKE IS ON HIS OWN

WIKE IS SEEING THE HANDWRITING ON THE WALL SO PROPAGANDA IS THE NEXT MOVE

WHICH COUNCIL OF ELDERS FOLLOWED HIM?
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Traditional Council Pledges Support For Wike’s Preferred Candidates by tunwumi: 4:13am On Feb 21, 2023
Ok
Re: Rivers Traditional Council Pledges Support For Wike’s Preferred Candidates by ednut1(m): 4:14am On Feb 21, 2023
Truth is they cant wait for Wike to be out. The man really use their eyes see shege

4 Likes

Re: Rivers Traditional Council Pledges Support For Wike’s Preferred Candidates by BeardGangJnr1(m): 4:14am On Feb 21, 2023
Dare Wike..and u Shall be dethroned...is as simple as that.. Wike has so bastardized the traditional rulers in Rivers state..it's a pity

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Gave The Golden Eaglets N20,000 Because They Are Mostly Igbos / How Nigerians Are Finally Waking Up To Their Responsibilities - Chinedu George / APC Mocks Atiku, Says He’s Suffering From Post-election Depression

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.