Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,273 members, 7,807,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

I Just Bombed A Technical Interview - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Just Bombed A Technical Interview (19466 Views)

Technical Interview / I Just Quit ALX Programme / Need A Technical Partner (web & App Developer) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Bombed A Technical Interview by qtguru(m): 9:23pm On Feb 23, 2023
texazzpete:

Nobody should give this scammer any money

OG NL member it's been a while.
Re: I Just Bombed A Technical Interview by texazzpete(m): 8:18am On Feb 24, 2023
qtguru:

OG NL member it's been a while.

How you dey bro?
Re: I Just Bombed A Technical Interview by qtguru(m): 10:43am On Feb 24, 2023
texazzpete:

How you dey bro?

Japa ministry o , but life is good
Re: I Just Bombed A Technical Interview by DeeStarks(m): 11:45am On Feb 24, 2023
I’ll go with hash map, and what I’ll do is simply
- extract the keys:
self.map.keys()

- perform the random operation on the extracted keys to get “x”
- then, go back to the map to get the winner:
self.map.get(x).unwrap()

Technical interviews have taught me to not prioritize performance first, if there is one thing I have taken away from them. This stage's goal is to assess one’s thinking capacity.

If you are unable to solve the problem optimally in your mind within the first two to three minutes of the allotted time, consider using the cleanest, most brutal force approach you are capable of using to solve it. If you've figured it out and have some extra time, go back and consider a new approach while explaining to the interviewer why the existing solution isn't the best one.
This time, the nerves would have subsided, giving you the opportunity to choose a better solution.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

With The Recent Lay-off And Hiring Freeze, How's It At Your Workplace? / Can You Please Recommend A Digital Skill For Me? / Which Is Better : Laptop Or Desktop For Programming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.