Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,834 members, 7,806,348 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:07 PM

We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo (26264 Views)

Nigerians Need Cash Now – Osinbajo Speaks On Naira Scarcity / Doctors, Nurses Will Be Our Agents At Polling Units – Labour Party / You Talk Too Much: I Was Referring To Security Agents, not El-Rufai -NSA Monguno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by Kingsley34: 8:29pm On Feb 21, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l72_R9485W8?t=19

The spokesman for the All Progressives Congress (APC) Presidential Campaign Council, Festus Keyamo, has defended President Muhammadu Buhari on the redesign of the naira notes initiated by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).

Buhari had in a nationwide broadcast on Thursday extended the validity of the old N200 notes till April 10.

The president, however, declared that the old N500 and N1000 notes had ceased to be legal tender contrary to the Supreme Court’s order which insisted that all the old notes remain valid pending the determination of the suit on February 22.

The development had led to violent protests in Lagos, Ogun Oyo and other parts of the country.

The Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, and his counterparts in Kano, Jigawa, Lagos, and Ogun had rejected the president’s directive and insisted the old naira notes remain legal tender until the apex court determines otherwise.

Keyamo, who reacted to the development in a Channels Television’s programme “The 2023 Verdict on Friday,” said the president might have been advised wrongly on the matter.

He said the decision of the APC governors to take the Nigerian government to court on the policy was a true federalism in action.

Keyamo said: “My view is that the President acted honestly without intention to slight the Supreme Court, but he may have acted on wrong advice.

“I did not give that advice; it is not my responsibility. I don’t know who gave that advice. I want to say this openly because tomorrow, people will ask me where I stood at this time.

“He thought he was playing safe by saying, ‘Before you decide this matter in court, may I just provide some middle ground so that country burning, there are riots everywhere, so let me just try and provide some succour to the people, whilst acknowledging the matters are in court.’

“Now, if I were to advise him, I would have advised differently. I did not advise him. It’s not my responsibility; I don’t know who. The best thing is comply strictly with the terms of the order of the Supreme Court that all the old naira notes should circulate for now side by side with the new notes because that is the order of the Supreme Court.

“All authorities in Nigeria must obey the orders of the Supreme Court. Anything to the contrary is a descent into anarchy.

“It’s federalism in action. Those who are clamouring for true federalism – this is true federalism in action. People are thinking that this is the first time that governors of the APC are taking the President to court. It’s not.

“On various issues, they have always challenged the President in court. It doesn’t affect their amity; it doesn’t affect the cohesion of the party; it doesn’t affect the cohesion of these individuals.”

Source:https://www.ripplesnigeria.com/naira-buhari-may-have-acted-on-wrong-advice-keyamo/%3famp

4 Likes

Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by fijiuba: 8:30pm On Feb 21, 2023
Koke and Pepsi drown and kee you dia

548 Likes 41 Shares

Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by Luckylife(m): 8:30pm On Feb 21, 2023
Ok
Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by PrinceOfLagos: 8:31pm On Feb 21, 2023
Werey, Do transfer or buy on credit

He wan buy vote for Tinubu, Oloshi

398 Likes 29 Shares

Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by Emmanuella00(f): 8:31pm On Feb 21, 2023
On point!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by Urheadmaster(m): 8:33pm On Feb 21, 2023
After Coke and Pepsi the next is water tongue

252 Likes 12 Shares

Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by advanceDNA: 8:33pm On Feb 21, 2023
Nigerian politicians are clowns

327 Likes 19 Shares

Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by Kingsley34: 8:35pm On Feb 21, 2023
advanceDNA:
Nigerian politicians are clowns
I think the bigger clowns are the ones that foolishly vote them into power

437 Likes 30 Shares

Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by DSC7: 8:37pm On Feb 21, 2023
Wooooowww,,, see mumu talk ooo

Truely you can't support APC without always sounding stuupid....

280 Likes 16 Shares

Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by wahoom(m): 8:38pm On Feb 21, 2023
Politics is so powerful, it can make an old man reason like a child, turn an educated person to an illiterate and even make a SAN inSANe.

298 Likes 29 Shares

Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by advanceDNA: 8:41pm On Feb 21, 2023
Kingsley34:

I think the bigger clowns are the ones that foolishly vote them into power

Poverty and desire to gain small change makes pple do foolísh things.....
many of these pple behind these parties that have failed nigeria are party/ward members looking to be given small automatic employment in goverment offices or small contract when project starts

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by Naira20: 8:46pm On Feb 21, 2023
God keeps turning their wisemen backwards

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by asanausana91: 8:49pm On Feb 21, 2023
Kingsley34:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l72_R9485W8?t=19

The spokesman for the All Progressives Congress (APC) Presidential Campaign Council, Festus Keyamo, has defended President Muhammadu Buhari on the redesign of the naira notes initiated by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).

Buhari had in a nationwide broadcast on Thursday extended the validity of the old N200 notes till April 10.

The president, however, declared that the old N500 and N1000 notes had ceased to be legal tender contrary to the Supreme Court’s order which insisted that all the old notes remain valid pending the determination of the suit on February 22.

The development had led to violent protests in Lagos, Ogun Oyo and other parts of the country.

The Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, and his counterparts in Kano, Jigawa, Lagos, and Ogun had rejected the president’s directive and insisted the old naira notes remain legal tender until the apex court determines otherwise.

Keyamo, who reacted to the development in a Channels Television’s programme “The 2023 Verdict on Friday,” said the president might have been advised wrongly on the matter.

He said the decision of the APC governors to take the Nigerian government to court on the policy was a true federalism in action.

Keyamo said: “My view is that the President acted honestly without intention to slight the Supreme Court, but he may have acted on wrong advice.

“I did not give that advice; it is not my responsibility. I don’t know who gave that advice. I want to say this openly because tomorrow, people will ask me where I stood at this time.

“He thought he was playing safe by saying, ‘Before you decide this matter in court, may I just provide some middle ground so that country burning, there are riots everywhere, so let me just try and provide some succour to the people, whilst acknowledging the matters are in court.’

“Now, if I were to advise him, I would have advised differently. I did not advise him. It’s not my responsibility; I don’t know who. The best thing is comply strictly with the terms of the order of the Supreme Court that all the old naira notes should circulate for now side by side with the new notes because that is the order of the Supreme Court.

“All authorities in Nigeria must obey the orders of the Supreme Court. Anything to the contrary is a descent into anarchy.

“It’s federalism in action. Those who are clamouring for true federalism – this is true federalism in action. People are thinking that this is the first time that governors of the APC are taking the President to court. It’s not.

“On various issues, they have always challenged the President in court. It doesn’t affect their amity; it doesn’t affect the cohesion of the party; it doesn’t affect the cohesion of these individuals.”

Source:https://www.ripplesnigeria.com/naira-buhari-may-have-acted-on-wrong-advice-keyamo/%3famp

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Nlfpmod seun

just because this guy is a fool, he thought everybody is a fool. You want to buy coke why not transfer? This man is a fool I swear.

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by Honjoshy4u: 8:50pm On Feb 21, 2023
Keyamo is still crying?
Keep crying.....

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by Didijiji: 8:53pm On Feb 21, 2023
When an eediot speaks

This cash policy though painful, there is this element of hope it gives to an average Nigeria.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by asanausana91: 8:55pm On Feb 21, 2023
If APC win this election, then I will know that Nigeria is a country of fools.
You were buying rice at 8k now you are buying at 50k and you are happy to vote the same APC?

120 Likes 11 Shares

Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by Samogloby: 9:14pm On Feb 21, 2023
Despite your party was alleged to have stored over 22 billion new naira note, that why new naira notes is not in circulation. What else do your party want? To pack the remaining money from circulation. APC never again in Nigeria

50 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by Skillsnigeria: 9:31pm On Feb 21, 2023
Okay
Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by Nobody: 9:39pm On Feb 21, 2023
The agent should go along with a bottle water.

9 Likes

Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by Godkiaz: 11:48pm On Feb 21, 2023
I respect men who worked hard to attain greatness, I respect Tinubu.
Is Tinubu the best for Nigeria's situation, No, I don't think so. Peter is better.
Vote for Peter Obi.

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by techWriter3: 3:17am On Feb 22, 2023
Koke and Pepsi walnut and kee you bore

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by Caramia2020(m): 5:11am On Feb 22, 2023
This government has always over rule court order n yet people like Keyamo won't point it out, so let's continue with the waiting for inflow because it's gotten to a stage where the focus is not on who have money but on who have the cash.

13 Likes

Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by Savedday2: 5:56am On Feb 22, 2023
This man's argument don't hold water.

He is just stupidly waving away the truth.

Nigerians knows better!

Vote wisely!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by lomprico(m): 9:12am On Feb 22, 2023
Do transfer or use POS. Criminal.

10 Likes

Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by DenreleDave(m): 9:12am On Feb 22, 2023
This man should stop bleating like a he-goat jare

16 Likes

Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by bewla(m): 9:12am On Feb 22, 2023
Tell them maybe the ear wahala done come back again

Pls use the left side igbos complain of the right side back in the days
Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by Helpfromabove1(m): 9:12am On Feb 22, 2023
I taught he was hospitalized after his visit to DSS his he still talking that means the beating no reach
Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by Franchise21(m): 9:12am On Feb 22, 2023
Just look at this SAN🙆‍♂️

12 Likes

Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by WibusJaga: 9:12am On Feb 22, 2023

Keyamo never disappoints as Senior Advocate of Nonsense. cheesy

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by RealLagosBoy: 9:12am On Feb 22, 2023
Tell all your agents to eat 5 wraps of fufu and drink 3 sachets water by 6am before going to the polling Units.

It will be able to carry them till 8pm.

I am also an agent in Labour party and that's exactly what I will do.

11 Likes

Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by BarrElChapo(m): 9:13am On Feb 22, 2023
Do transfer

6 Likes

Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by Moneyboyz: 9:13am On Feb 22, 2023
Pepsi company no dey take transfer?

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC, Buhari Should Withdraw From Presidential Race - Fayose / Coronavirus: CBN Advises Nigerians To Adopt Alternative Payment Methods / List Of Suspicious Items In 2018 Budget By BudgIT (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.