Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

No Finance, No Romance! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / No Finance, No Romance! (11225 Views)

No Romance Without Finance? / No Finance,no Romance...how True? / No MONEY, No ROMANCE ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Finance, No Romance! by TARLOY(m): 1:04pm On Aug 30, 2007
girls nawa ohhhh
anyway thats is the way.
if u need money cus i have the money
u want me to spend it on you then i will withdraw
my love and mind u that u girls did not contribute
any thing to that effect.
so dont go and started attending all the churchs in this
lagos to get husband while u are looking 4 money.
some time u girls dont realy know what u girls wants.
tarloy
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by magneto(m): 1:10pm On Aug 30, 2007
femionasan:

It will be very difficult for a made man to meet a lady and expect that she is in love with him. He will always have it at the back of her mind that she is in it for the money and that is a concrete reason why a lot of guys that are already successful before they met their wives most times cheat. As long as the money is there she will stay and when it runs out she will go. They also get treated badly. So ladies if u see a potential success in the making stick with him. More guys appreciate a lady that has been with them through thick and thin than a one who shows up when its all Rosy. Trust me God gave ladies the sense of smell to locate a potential guy that will be successful doesnt work all the time but it does most times. wink wink wink

well spoken! wink
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by CrazyMan(m): 1:15pm On Aug 30, 2007
Are we talking about love or about money here.
If you love someone, must you spend all your money on her just to prove to her how much you love her?
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by Seun(m): 1:22pm On Aug 30, 2007
Money changes people. If you love a poor man, you might not love the rich version of him.
If I'm rich, I won't have to worry about whether my wife would have married a poor version of me.
As long as she loves the rich version of me, all I have to do is [b]remain rich [/b]and all will be well!
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by Banderas(m): 1:24pm On Aug 30, 2007
Hahaha Seun, this your analogy goes the other way as well. If you marry a rich man, you may not like the poor version. And all the poor man needs to is remain poor, and his wife will love him right?
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by sweetberry(f): 1:37pm On Aug 30, 2007
the thing is when you are young say till say 22 years old yu don't care abut what the boyfriend has (i know i didn't) but when you start tinkin about settling down and havin kids NOONE wants a guy that is as poor as a church rat. i am nut saying rich in all aspect but at least the guy should be comfortable enough to take care of his kids
& in most cases i have seen the reason the guy has no finance is because it is too lazy to gat a job
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 30, 2007
When you say "No romance, no finance", I assume you speak of Nigerians?
Well it's true. We are blinded by materialism - it's a human thing, but we (Nigerians) take it to excesses. Girls are almost always out to get a guy's money (if they don't really love him) or a guy with money to throw about (if they are considering a future with him). And the sad thing is, it doesn't have to be that way.

A guy with a reasonable income and a sense of purpose and self-worth will not be considered by girls (unless they are 30 and desperate, that is). They would rather seek the guy who has the latest designer clothes, looks flashy and is a star in his field. It's a sad result of evolution - seeking the alpha male. But the idea of the alpha male has changed in our heads from what is required (resilience, strength, dominance and faithfulness) to what is desired (bling-bling, bedroom skills, power). No wonder marriages fail.

Like someone said, If I go out with a girl after I get money, it will always be at the back of my mind that "where was she when I was hustling?"

I dey hustle my money
You dey follow me chop am
Na me bring you come Lagos?
I resemble your papa?
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by CrazyMan(m): 1:41pm On Aug 30, 2007
Seun you’re right; but you should also know money changes people as you said. But you should also know that riches can disappear. If a woman married you because of your rich version as you said and not considering your poor version. Do you think that marriage would last if you eventually loose those riches?
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 30, 2007
When a (typical) Nigerian girl says "That guys doesn't have money, i cant marry him", she usually means "He has a 1996 Model Honda Accord, lives in a miniflat and earns about N80k per month, and all these are simply not enough to satisfy my desire to be on the cover of Ovation Magazine". As for the guy who earns like N40k per month - "He is so damn poor".

The secret is to be a Yahoo boy, The President's nephew, or Just-Landed-from-Jand. Any other thing is not good enough.

angry angry
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by CrazyMan(m): 1:53pm On Aug 30, 2007
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by Elgaxton(m): 1:55pm On Aug 30, 2007
guys guys guys, u wanna starve a lady, ?

abeg we need tgo make this cash o

Don't 4get it's only poor pple that say money is not everything:

Always remember this:

The man who says that money cannot buy happiness has been shopping in the wrong places wink wink
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by hobgoblin1(m): 1:58pm On Aug 30, 2007
This romance and finance thingy, sef.

The truth is, everybody has to bring something to the table. The man sets his criteria, so the woman too can set hers. However, there's always room for negotiation. We'll make some compromises wherever necessary.

You might have been gunning for a '36DD' but can settle for a '32B' considering other factors. Her mind might have been configured for a 'tear-rubber 2007 Camry' but she can come down for a 'tokunbo 1992 Accord' putting other things into consideration.

I believe, NO ROMANCE-NO FINANCE is too hypothetical and cant be addressed in isolation.
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by BABEELOVE(f): 1:59pm On Aug 30, 2007
@Topic!

Sorry!  Do not need any man's money to take care of me.  I gatz enough for me.  Just take care of yourself and we can "play" ball!  You bring your stuff and I bring my stuff!!!  I believe in sharing.  You take care of moi and I take care of toi!!!!!!  

Leave the "no romance without finance" for the LIG's (low income group) PLC!!!!  Hungry dude jam hungry babe!!!  Find ya level!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by Elgaxton(m): 2:00pm On Aug 30, 2007
@gridlock!

So no hope for government workers eh?

wel any girl who's still waitiing for Hummer b4 she gets married has got to wait for a long time!

419 its even worse, she should prepare to trekk in the next five years
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by Seun(m): 2:08pm On Aug 30, 2007
But you should also know that riches can disappear.
It is easier for a rich man to remain rich than for a poor man to become rich. If a rich man has a moderate amount of common sense, he will remain rich. Unless something really terrible happens.

Do you think that marriage would last if you eventually loose those riches?
Even if a woman marries the poor version of you, will your marriage last if her children are going hungry?
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by azpunpin: 2:13pm On Aug 30, 2007
@Topic,
Nah true talk u yan so, As i dey self me too don dey hussle here and there to make it ooooo Cos i dey pray make money enter Gbam,i will rock the whole 9ja babes(LOL)No way cos i love my Gurl gannnnnnnnnn, Nah beta 4 worse b our contract,i don`t have enough $$$$ but i still get some to manage with her sha for the main time will i hit 1Milla $$$ soon, Watch our for my Plate Number in town: AZ-PUNPIN 1.

GBAM,
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by Gamine(f): 2:17pm On Aug 30, 2007
Abeg who wan suffer. . . shocked

Even if i hav my money, mo than the guys own

its in a womans nature to want someone who is capable of taking care of her smiley

I Can never date a guy i dont like, Money or no money! wink

Money can NEVA make me like somone!
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by JeSoul(f): 2:20pm On Aug 30, 2007
some ladies in here are giving us women a bad name,

when I met my boyfriend 4yrs ago he didn't have much at all, but he had all the good characteristics all the other rich or moderately well-to-do men that I had dated did not have. And I loved Him for who he was. When we went on dates we pulled the weight together and managed with what we had and we were both HAPPY. You don't need a lot of money to spend to be happy, trust me. Just be content with whatever you have. Greed/ love of money is the root of all evil.

Anyways, today he's moved up the ladder and is just starting a job at a big company where he's making a lot of money. I've also done well and I'm making a lot of money too. We spend on each other freely cos that trust and love was there even when there was no money. What if 4yrs ago I said no just becos he had no money then? how stupid would I be looking right now.
 Abeg not all women are looking for rich men or sugar daddy to date. Some of us are fine with men who aren't necessarily rich.
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by Elgaxton(m): 2:23pm On Aug 30, 2007
azpunpin:

@Topic,
Nah true talk u yan so, As i dey self me too don dey hussle here and there to make it ooooo Cos i dey pray make money enter Gbam,i will rock the whole Nigeria babes(LOL)No way because i love my Girl gannnnnnnnnn, Nah beta 4 worse b our contract,i don`t have enough $$$$ but i still get some to manage with her sha for the main time will i hit 1Milla $$$ soon, Watch our for my Plate Number in town: AZ-PUNPIN 1.

GBAM,

Guy i dey feel u gannnn

pple like u no go abroad to go fly kite at all

make all the money jare!

Rock alllllllll the babessss! grin
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by Gamine(f): 2:35pm On Aug 30, 2007
LOL

i know the topic dosnt say, '"No Millions, No Love"" undecided

pls just follow d topic abeg!
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by Elgaxton(m): 2:40pm On Aug 30, 2007
@Gamine!

Ha! grin grin na u dey yarn! Here in abuja where i reside, nobody talks about thousands o! Millions

If u wan buy simple shoe sef for Wuse market, they ''l first start pricing from 50k

that was how one lady came to my office to sell wrist-watches she brought from UK, na so: 100,000naira shocked shocked lipsrsealed

so u see we've got to mAKE THE MILLIONS SINCE LADIES' STUFF ARE KINDA EXPENSIVE U KNOW!
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by Seun(m): 2:42pm On Aug 30, 2007
They are only expensive if you are too lazy (or busy) to buy from the right place. wink
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by Gamine(f): 2:44pm On Aug 30, 2007
@Elgaxton

I live in Abuja n i have neva bought a shoe worth more than 5,000

ok.

so stop Stretchin stuffz
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by hobgoblin1(m): 3:03pm On Aug 30, 2007
@Gamine

Take this scenario. He's well-meaning and hardworking - you have not met anybody go good-spirited. He just wants to be a loving husband and responsible father. So, you mean he'll have to 'recapitalize' before you can consider him otherwise 'no show' for him.
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by Elgaxton(m): 3:11pm On Aug 30, 2007
@hob_goblin

Thanks

@Gamine

where in abuja? Nyanya maraba?, Karu or those satelite towns? things are mega cheap in those places but remember i said Wuse market!

Unless u dey for all those Only mumu dey go boutique level for those WUSE street hawkers!

ah ah! so u dont know WUSE market again?
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by Elgaxton(m): 3:14pm On Aug 30, 2007
@Seun!

Journeying down to those satelite towns is not yam in a satchet o!

Kubwa is the closest one so far!

Infact Seun please can u direct me to one right place u know with good stuffs o!
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by Gamine(f): 3:18pm On Aug 30, 2007
i dont stay on the outskirts

i live Inside Abuja, close to wonderland. . .

i know whut im talkin abt

they can only swerve pple wey no know lagos

@Hob Goblin,

Well meaning n Hardworking? if he really is, i wld be able to tell
if i like him enoff, i will date him surely.
when theres enoff kishi to start a family, we get married

i cant bring a child into this world to suffer ooo!, things these days r frickn expensive, Ask Elgaxton wink
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by Elgaxton(m): 3:24pm On Aug 30, 2007
@Gamine

Na u sound more like it? U know most pple in abuja grew up with that mentality of spending,

so if u don stay lag b4, u can swerve them back sha, I agree on that one but there first prices are usually very scary! shocked shocked

By the way I'm hardworking o, I dey office now dey design website for person so we fit meet if u no mind, I'm at labour House right now in 10 mins I'll be off to AP PLaza.

So u see! Would mind meeting with ya, whrere u dey now? wink
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by amaikama(m): 3:25pm On Aug 30, 2007
money! money!! money!!! what is money? money is the opposite of prostitute friend to the gay! angry
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by hobgoblin1(m): 3:26pm On Aug 30, 2007
@Gamine
thats why i say 'NO ROMANCE, NO FINANCE' is just hypothetical. Other factors come into play.

'Suffer' can be a relative term. If he cant afford 'CORONA' as a school, that doesnt mean the child would die or turn out to be a vagabond.
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by Gamine(f): 3:38pm On Aug 30, 2007
@Elgaxton

im sorry im in Lag ryt now. . . grin

im also designing a website. . . .

@Hobgoby

whether hypothetical or not

u need money to tune things, to polish things wink
And yes suffer or enjoy is relative
but $10000000 is enjoyment for all!!! grin grin grin
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by Elgaxton(m): 3:40pm On Aug 30, 2007
@Gamine

So when are u enterin abj? smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Do You Believe In Public Displays Of Affection? / After First Sex With Him, She Saw This On Her Way Home / st G**

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.