Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,874 members, 7,806,501 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:27 PM

2023 Ballot Paper Sample & How INEC Wants To Disfranchise Labour Party - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Ballot Paper Sample & How INEC Wants To Disfranchise Labour Party (8432 Views)

See How Aisha Buhari Smiled While Putting Ballot Paper Into The Presidential Box / INEC Wants N6bn To Feed Policemen During 2019 Elections / Drama As Bauchi Women Kiss Ballot Paper, Shout ‘sai Baba’ Before Casting Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Ballot Paper Sample & How INEC Wants To Disfranchise Labour Party by Gucciblog: 11:39am On Feb 24, 2023
Believe me when I say almost every thing has been designed to make sure Labour Party loses at the polls tomorrow.

This INEC's removal of party acronyms under the logos on ballot papers just confirmed another systematic way of making sure LP loses.

Just few days ago, thousands of PVC'S were recovered from a forest in Anambra state and other ethnicities were denied their PVC'S in Lagos.

First picture: 2019 ballot paper sample.

Second picture: 2023 ballot paper sample

1 Share

Re: 2023 Ballot Paper Sample & How INEC Wants To Disfranchise Labour Party by SLAP44: 11:40am On Feb 24, 2023
INEC cannot stop us, we will search and locate the Labor party spot and thumbprint there.

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2023 Ballot Paper Sample & How INEC Wants To Disfranchise Labour Party by tuborme: 11:41am On Feb 24, 2023
We shall beat them

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Ballot Paper Sample & How INEC Wants To Disfranchise Labour Party by 9jatriot(m): 11:42am On Feb 24, 2023
What am I missing, they did same for all parties, just that some were smart enough to include their name inside their logo.

They are not the only party that do not have their name in her logo, so what are you crying about exactly?

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Ballot Paper Sample & How INEC Wants To Disfranchise Labour Party by vastolord4(m): 11:49am On Feb 24, 2023
Heard LP sent in their logo without the abbreviation(LP)

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Ballot Paper Sample & How INEC Wants To Disfranchise Labour Party by bender79: 12:01pm On Feb 24, 2023
Anybody who is serious about voting labour should know the logo by now. LP logo is very unique and hard to miss

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Ballot Paper Sample & How INEC Wants To Disfranchise Labour Party by dustmalik: 12:18pm On Feb 24, 2023
9jatriot:
What am I missing, they did same for all parties, just that some were smart enough to include their name inside their logo.

They are not the only party that do not have their name in her logo, so what are you crying about exactly?
You obviously don't understand Ipobians. Otherwise, you wouldn't be surprised by their unnecessary cries

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Ballot Paper Sample & How INEC Wants To Disfranchise Labour Party by Felabrity: 12:37pm On Feb 24, 2023
Gucciblog:
Believe me when I say almost every thing has been designed to make sure Labour Party loses at the polls tomorrow.

This INEC's removal of party acronyms under the logos on ballot papers just confirmed another systematic way of making sure LP loses.

Just few days ago, thousands of PVC'S were recovered from a forest in Anambra state and other ethnicities were denied their PVC'S in Lagos.

worrisome
Re: 2023 Ballot Paper Sample & How INEC Wants To Disfranchise Labour Party by Felabrity: 12:39pm On Feb 24, 2023
No LP, no Labour party

It will be hard for people to easily identify it as they are not conversant with it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Ballot Paper Sample & How INEC Wants To Disfranchise Labour Party by MrEverest(m): 12:44pm On Feb 24, 2023
Gucciblog:

There is no cause for alarm, LP's Papa, mama and pikin logo is easily describable and identifiable.

Also, massive awareness is also going on since. I believe, anyone who will queue up to vote will also be sensible enough to ask how to identify Peter Obi's party logo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Ballot Paper Sample & How INEC Wants To Disfranchise Labour Party by id911(m): 12:46pm On Feb 24, 2023
9jatriot:

Let's be fair sometimes. You heard the Press Release by LP Chairman yesterday. Compare to other parties, not even Labour Party or LP is there only logo from what INEC printed which is wrong. However, people will still vote papa, mama , pikin because majority voting Labour Party are largely literates.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Ballot Paper Sample & How INEC Wants To Disfranchise Labour Party by Nobody: 12:50pm On Feb 24, 2023
Papa mama pikin is the party to vote

Re: 2023 Ballot Paper Sample & How INEC Wants To Disfranchise Labour Party by OlujobaSamuel: 12:55pm On Feb 24, 2023
You want to vote a party and you no Sabi the logo Just kuku Siddon for house.
Na so one dey tell me sey why should she joined Labour party, she go only vote now, and not really interested in future vote or whoever the party is bringing out tomorrow.
Mon/Tues, everyone go know correct score

1 Like

Re: 2023 Ballot Paper Sample & How INEC Wants To Disfranchise Labour Party by 9jatriot(m): 12:57pm On Feb 24, 2023
Look again at all the logos, there is no one that has the party name written on it. INEC put their logo as they sent it, the ones that have their name on their logo are the only ones with names.

Check again, PDP put their name in the white part of the Umbrella, APC also found a way to put their name in their logo.
INEC cannot tell parties how to design their logo. These things are usually well thought out in advance after playing around with various scenarios. LP not putting their name inside their logo is not the fault of INEC.

id911:

Let's be fair sometimes. You heard the Press Release by LP Chairman yesterday. Compare to other parties, not even Labour Party or LP is there only logo from what INEC printed which is wrong. However, people will still vote papa, mama , pikin because majority voting Labour Party are largely literates.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Ballot Paper Sample & How INEC Wants To Disfranchise Labour Party by 9jatriot(m): 1:00pm On Feb 24, 2023
Look again at all the logos, there is no one that has the party name written beside it. INEC put their logo as they sent it, the ones that have their name on their logo are the only ones with names.

Check again, PDP put their name in the white part of the Umbrella, APC also found a way to put their name in their logo.
INEC cannot tell parties how to design their logo. These things are usually well thought out in advance after playing around with various scenarios. LP not putting their name inside their logo is not the fault of INEC.

id911:

1 Like

Re: 2023 Ballot Paper Sample & How INEC Wants To Disfranchise Labour Party by id911(m): 1:01pm On Feb 24, 2023
9jatriot:
Look again at all the logos, there is no one that has the party name written on it. INEC put their logo as they sent it, the ones that have their name on their logo are the only ones with names.

Labour Party sent the right design to INEC but INEC decided to remove the party name and printed something else for reasons best known to them. This is what Party hierarchy said. Don't defend INEC.

In Lagos, INEC refused to include Labour Party in legislative elections in the Ballot Papers they printed which will definitely lead to cancellation of legislative results in Court. What do you have to say about that too?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Ballot Paper Sample & How INEC Wants To Disfranchise Labour Party by drlateef: 1:10pm On Feb 24, 2023
Gucciblog:

Can you use your brain a bit? Is it only labour that is affected.
Re: 2023 Ballot Paper Sample & How INEC Wants To Disfranchise Labour Party by samunaka: 1:13pm On Feb 24, 2023
Felabrity:
No LP, no Labour party

It will be hard for people to easily identify it as they are not conversant with it

This is the important of structure, no structure on ground, election is not only won by a few group of entertainers gyrating all nights long with out doing the basics

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Ballot Paper Sample & How INEC Wants To Disfranchise Labour Party by drlateef: 1:13pm On Feb 24, 2023
Labour will cry wolf and cry and labour in vain. Defeat is around the corner for LP.
Re: 2023 Ballot Paper Sample & How INEC Wants To Disfranchise Labour Party by fredsamuel1: 1:13pm On Feb 24, 2023
dustmalik:

You obviously don't understand Ipobians. Otherwise, you wouldn't be surprised by their unnecessary cries

so everyone that supports Labour party is an ipobian according to you. I wonder if you guys are myopic naturally or just online

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Ballot Paper Sample & How INEC Wants To Disfranchise Labour Party by BombAttack(f): 1:15pm On Feb 24, 2023
Vote anything APC out

Don't try to give APC second chance to finish Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 2023 Ballot Paper Sample & How INEC Wants To Disfranchise Labour Party by 9jatriot(m): 1:15pm On Feb 24, 2023
I just went to look for a bigger version of Labor party logo and I can tell you that it has labor party written at the top, if you also zoom in on the one on INEC page, it is also there. Labor party should stop crying where there is nothing to cry about.

As for labor not presenting candidate, I read somewhere this morning that they did not submit their candidate list within the period until the portal had closed. Don't take my word for it, look for the thread, it should be somewhere.
id911:

Labour Party sent the right design to INEC but INEC decided to remove the party name and printed something else for reasons best known to them. This is what Party hierarchy said. Don't defend INEC.

In Lagos, INEC refused to include Labour Party in legislative elections in the Ballot Papers they printed which will definitely lead to cancellation of legislative results in Court. What do you have to say about that too?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Ballot Paper Sample & How INEC Wants To Disfranchise Labour Party by omniwater: 1:18pm On Feb 24, 2023
Eeyah! Loser Party!

Sorry o!
Re: 2023 Ballot Paper Sample & How INEC Wants To Disfranchise Labour Party by Tflex01: 1:21pm On Feb 24, 2023
Gucciblog:

Its the way LP designed their logo. Let your acronym be part of your logo like others.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Ballot Paper Sample & How INEC Wants To Disfranchise Labour Party by id911(m): 1:22pm On Feb 24, 2023
9jatriot:
I just went to look for a bigger version of Labor party logo and I can tell you that it has labor party written at the top, if you also zoom in on the one on INEC page, it is also there. Labor party should stop crying where there is nothing to cry about.

As for labor not presenting candidate, I read somewhere this morning that they did not submit their candidate list within the period until the portal had closed. Don't take my word for it, look for the thread, it should be somewhere.

At the bolded, it's like you're very good at unnecessary argument. There's a subsisting court order which mandates INEC to include Labour Party legislative candidates in the ballots. Other states complied except Lagos. Why?
Re: 2023 Ballot Paper Sample & How INEC Wants To Disfranchise Labour Party by Felabrity: 1:23pm On Feb 24, 2023
samunaka:

This is the important of structure, no structure on ground, election is not only won by a few group of entertainers gyrating all nights long with out doing the basics
shattap there I am talking about the acronym

How do you expect a party that was not even known a year ago to be everywhere?

1 Like

Re: 2023 Ballot Paper Sample & How INEC Wants To Disfranchise Labour Party by 9jatriot(m): 1:24pm On Feb 24, 2023
What I heard was that it affected 23 other states.

This is a thread about the logo: https://www.nairaland.com/7583690/own-goal-lps-badly-designed
id911:

At the bolded, it's like you're very good at unnecessary argument. There's a subsisting court order which mandates INEC to include Labour Party legislative candidates in the ballots. Other states complied except Lagos. Why?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Ballot Paper Sample & How INEC Wants To Disfranchise Labour Party by id911(m): 1:25pm On Feb 24, 2023
9jatriot:
What I heard was that it affected 23 other states.
I'm only hearing about Lagos for now tho. Let me check the thread.
Re: 2023 Ballot Paper Sample & How INEC Wants To Disfranchise Labour Party by 9jatriot(m): 1:29pm On Feb 24, 2023
Here: https://www.nairaland.com/7582953/why-inec-omitted-lagos-candidates
id911:
I'm only hearing about Lagos for now tho. Let me check the thread.
Re: 2023 Ballot Paper Sample & How INEC Wants To Disfranchise Labour Party by Kaiser20: 1:33pm On Feb 24, 2023
Gucciblog:

Na waa oh.
* Tinubu and APC lament that Buhari and FGN want them to lose the Election
* Obi and LP lament that INEC are against them
* Atiku and PDP lament that Wike and Obi have spoiled their chances of winning
* Kwankwaso said Nigerians didn't support him enough
Re: 2023 Ballot Paper Sample & How INEC Wants To Disfranchise Labour Party by RoxyBrownAutos: 1:34pm On Feb 24, 2023
For simplicity sake, party logo should accompany by party name or its initial for sake of those not properly informed. With this, inec has created confusion and opened gateway for litigation after election.
Re: 2023 Ballot Paper Sample & How INEC Wants To Disfranchise Labour Party by Shuzzi(m): 1:38pm On Feb 24, 2023
Tell your People in the villages and rural areas

No 11 in the ballot paper

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Enmity Between Igbos & Yorubas: Enough Is Enough! / APC Unveils Convention Hashtag, Says ‘Party Is United As Ever’ / PDP Lawmakers Allege Plot To Impose Damagum As Party’s National Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.